SoLita - Delray Beach
25 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
SoLita - Delray Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.solitaitalian.com/
- Phone: 5618990888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am We are closed Mondays during the "off season".
Private Luncheons Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony "Radar" Risoli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: "Our Place or Yours?" SoLita's catering department offers you the options of having our team create a tasty menu that can be served at your home or business. We also offer many options from cocktail parties to full sit down dinners at SoLita. Our events department can help you from start to finish, all you need to do is call.
- Private Party Facilities: SoLita Delray offers many options for large or small dinner parties, luncheons, corporate events, anniversary or birthday celebrations. We can accommodate from 6 to 300 of your guests in one of our private, semi-private or courtyard areas featuring incredible ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times. With a variety of special event Menu's our in house event planner can be sure to assist you with every detail to make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Erin 561-922-0900
A word from SoLita - Delray Beach
SoLita - " South of Little Italy brings you back home to family traditions with a fusion of Modern ambiance. A perfect place to socialize or be romantic in an ambiance reminiscent of more glamorous times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SoLita - Delray Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (18)special occasion (14)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Jbw2Dined on 10/11/2014amazing food, great service and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around fantastic!NellieDeanneDined on 10/1/2014Great service, knowledgeable staff and amazingly delicious food!Special Features:
- Perfect!!!!!OneIon1Dined on 9/28/2014This place was the perfect place for my wife and I to celebrate our 2 year anniversary! From the ambience to the service to the food it was A+ all around. We will definitely be coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends from CA.granfranDined on 9/27/2014We took friends of ours who were visiting from California to Solita for dinner. It was a good mix as far as location because it was just off Atlantic Ave with all the hustle and bustle but close enough for a nice walk along the avenue after dinner. There was a set price menu and plus the full menu . All four of us made our choice from the price fixed menu. Everything was very good. We all chose a veal dish and no one was disappointed. Our server, Chris was charming and very attentive. Our only complaint would be that the restaurant was quite chilly and the lighting was a bit dark at first, that was taken care of when we mentioned it. All in all our friends are taking a nice memory of Delray and Solita back with them to California.Special Features:
- Needs some improvementSocalgalDined on 9/27/2014We made a reservation at SoLita. When we arrived, we were told there were no more tables available on the "SoLita side' and were seated on the "Mastino side". Server was very nice. Setting is a like a large warehouse. Food was o.k. I take issue with charging me $19.50 for a bowl of penne pasta with butter and $19.50 for angel hair pasta with butter when the entree version with sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan was the same price. They also don't have any bread, rolls, butter, or anything to snack on while you wait for your entrees. The drinks are a bit pricey. $11.00 for ketel one on the rocks that couldn't have been more than 4 ounces. Wouldn't rush back. They need to get organized.
- PELLYDined on 9/11/2014Everything was way above par. The staff was very helpful and spent much time with us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014They were doing some renovation in part of the restaurant but I'm sure it will be done by season. In any case there it was very nice on a aturday night.Special Features:
- Needs workJackDined on 8/29/2014Restaurant is being remodeled. Had to eat in bar area. May try again once restoration is completed.
- Closed for private eventLove2EatVIPDined on 8/24/2014If a venue is going to close for a private event, then don't allow online reservations to be made for that day!!! Thankfully there were several delish restaurants within walking distance for us to choose from. I clicked 1 star b/c I couldn't submit otherwise.Special Features:
- LizzSDined on 8/22/2014Though the restaurant was under construction, the food and service were terrific. The staff was very attentive but not overbearing. It is definitely a return to restaurant. Particularly since the menu will be expanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Stacked Wednesdaydelray200Dined on 8/20/2014We live in Delray and dine out at least once per week. This was our 3rd visit to Solita for their weekly $9.95 eggplant stack special & 50% off bottled wine. We'd raved about Solita to our neighbors & brought them along. Solita is undergoing a major renovation & seating is limited during construction. We were greeted & seated immediately upon arrival. Due to the cramped quarters, it was unusually noisy because the bar is literally "in" the dining area. Our server was prompt, helpful & unobtrusive. Unfortunately, the usually-stellar eggplant was dry & almost burned. This diminished the overall quality of the dish. But we enjoyed good wine and a fun evening off the Avenue with friends. Hopefully, the "stack" will be better next time.Special Features:
- ShrinkingpiezumVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were surprised when we got to the restaurant to find they are downsizing into the smaller room and renovating the bigger room to be a more rustic restaurant. The menu was missing one of our favorites (rice balls) which they said will be on the menu on the other side once it opens. Small room was crowded and not the same ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceRiverNorthFoodJunkieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding food served by one of the best waiters I have had in years. We eat out a lot. For me to say that this was one of the most memorable experiences we have had in a while says a lot. Absolutely wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stevef48Dined on 8/6/2014Solita is in the middle of a major renovation and the restaurant was empty. We were informed after we order drinks that they did not have bread or fresh salad. If I would have known that before we ordered, we would have left and come back after their renovation. The food was good and the service was average, but what kind of italian restaurant doesn't have fresh bread or salad? I do not think I will be going back.
- Would Not Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Atmosphere, service, food were all poor to fair, sorry, would not return or recommend to anyone.
- Cp12345Dined on 7/19/2014Decent food, but over priced for the quality. The interior is nice. I imagine just going to the bar for drinks would have been much better.
- happymealsDined on 7/18/2014Delicious food, great service, welcoming staff; very beautiful roomSpecial Features:
- Good food with good friendsdinewellDined on 7/10/2014We found the food as good as always, but our service was slow at the beginning. Our waiter explained that several of the wait staff had not come to work. He then proceeded to move things more efficiently and the service improved throughout the meal. It's one of our favorite restaurants and we'll surely return soon.Special Features:
- Great waitress - LizCarrieDined on 7/5/2014Liz was attentive, knowledgeable and kind - bravo to her! She made our dining experience really memorable, especially for my guests who had never been to Solita's before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad so quiet on a Sat nightpiezumVIPDined on 6/28/2014We love SoLita. The food is wonderful and the servers are great. Unfortunately you never know whether the place will be packed or empty. Something in between would be nice. I have waited an hour for a reservation in season on a Saturday night, but this Saturday, you could have walked in without a reservation. Hope they make it until next season as it is one of my favorites.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, terrible acousticsdisappointedDined on 6/27/2014We were 4 people and were unable to hear each other speak. The band was so loud that it hurt our ears. Then when the piped in music began, it was just as bad. Even though the food was good, we couldn't wait to leave.Special Features:
- DeliciousHeartlineDined on 6/26/2014The dining experience was very enjoyable. We were not rushed at all, quiet atmosphere allowed us to have a pleasant conversation in a very elegant setting. Our server was attentive and respectful. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janiceDined on 6/26/2014We really enjoyed our dinner here Thursday night with friends who had never been at your restaurantSpecial Features:
- The following 512 reviews are from the SoLita - Delray Beach reviews archive.
- Excellent but noisyALM913Dined on 6/8/2014I love this restaurant. The only issue I have is that it is too loud making it difficult to hear one another. However, they do have outdoor seating but I can't give my opinion on that.Special Features:
- A little gemEvaengVIPDined on 6/8/2014We have dined at Solita before, always outside. This time we opted for inside dining. It was a quiet Sunday evening. Nevertheless, the food was very good, as always. We are coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday Girls night outcrazy4goodfood2xDined on 6/4/2014I have had the occasion of eating at this restaurant before and have had good dining experieces. The other night was basically the same except instead of enjoying the small bites and salad menu I opted for a veal chop. The flavors were good, but the chop was overcooked. If I had wanted a veal cutlet I would have ordered one. I requested another and told my server to order it to go. When I got home...same scenario. I was so looking forward to that "chop" and was most definitely willing to pay the price. Will not be ording that again which is a shame because the rest of the dining experience was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFranDined on 6/1/2014Have gone here many times and is always excellentSpecial Features:
- Very cool decorMoochDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed the service and the food. The decor was very nice also. We got to the restaurant early 6:00 PM, so it was empty, but filled up pretty quickly. We were able to have a conversation and actually hear each other. The staff was very attentive and professional. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- KimmyGKimmygDined on 5/17/2014Even though on a Saturday night the restaurant was basically empty, the waiter kept forgetting our drinks! The food wasn't that bad but the service was terrible!!!Special Features:
- Missing one thingLuvgreatfoodDined on 5/16/2014The only thing keeping me from giving this hidden jewel 5 stars is the difficulty I had in making reservations. I called a few night ahead of time on. 10 occasions and was never able to talk with anyone. They called me back the next day. I had already booked it by then with Open Table. I started to just not go at all. When a restaurant is this good and half empty on Friday night, I would think they would work on their customer response. I had a special request and wanted to talk to a live person. No such luck. Great food, great service, but very difficult to get through on the phone. I will go back, but only if they answer the phone. 10 times through all the prompts on the phone to just go to voicemail is not acceptableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pineapple Grove hot spot!martyVIPDined on 5/15/2014The staff was very attentive. Especially the manager! My glass of wine felt bottomless. The food was delicious. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food was very good not outstanding you really have to try it for your selfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/30/2014Good Italian food -- eggplant stack is outstanding & half-price on Wed as is the wine - we eat here frequently & have always had great food & service -- we also like the ambience & there is outdoor seating as well - there is also valet parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatKeithDined on 4/28/2014I'm not totally familiar with the area but came here based on a recommendation. Noticed on Yelp that everyone was raving about the Eggplant Stack so I tried it. It was pretty damn tasty. I'm from New York City and generally feel like a food snob when I travel. This place is definitely worth it.Special Features:
- A rewarding dinnerManganinnieDined on 4/24/2014The dinners were hot and delicious The service was immediate and friendly. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantpiezumVIPDined on 4/24/2014I think the food at SoLita is as good as you will find at any Italian restaurant in South Florida. We were there on a Thursday night and the place was EMPTY. The food and the service were both great. On a previous Saturday night visit, we waited close to an hour with a reservation because they were so booked and the weather was bad for outdoor dining. Too bad they don't have a more steady business day to day. Can't go wrong with the eggplant stack, the rice ball, or the brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- AwesomeLifeIsGoodDined on 4/23/2014Everything was terrific! The setting the food the staff everything was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a more magnificent evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SexyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014A great place for a quiet dinner in an intimate environment .Special Features:
- SolitaSharonDined on 4/19/2014I would say that the food was good but not excellent. The bathroom was super hot. I might try it again but am not too sure if I will or not.Special Features:
- Will returnDonalKDined on 4/18/2014The eggplant stack was outstanding. My veal excellent. Tori, our server, was attentive and informative. We will be back.Special Features: