Solid Grill & Bar
405 S 8th Street STE 100
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Solid Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.solidboise.com/
- Phone: 2083456620
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00am - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site bar or food catering is available for any special event. Each party is easily tailored to suit your individual needs with endless options available.
- Private Party Facilities: Main level private room can be reserved for parties up to 30 people. Lower-level banquet room available for parties up to 50 people. Liquid Lounge can be reserved for parties up to 150 people (21 and up only for parties held at Liquid.)
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Aevermann 2083718989
- Entertainment: Weather permitting, acoustic musicians serenade outdoor diners throughout the warmer months of the year. Live acoustic dinner music is offered indoors Wednesday nights, weekends, and first Thursdays during the winter months.
- Cross Street: Broad
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available. Non-metered street parking available south of Myrtle and 8th Streets. Parking garages located at 9th and Front Streets and at the Hampton Inn, entrance on Capitol Blvd. First hour free in parking garages.
A word from Solid Grill & Bar
Housed in the historic 8th St Marketplace, Solid Grill & Bar, focuses on local food and beers. We feature eleven local beers on tap; a selection that changes based on the availability of the best offerings from the local brewers. The food is both classic and daring. The menu is wide enough to please any guest while narrow enough to ensure quality and freshness. Vaulted ceilings, brick arches, natural wood, and warm tones make Solid Grill and Bar the perfect dining getaway. The walls are decked with local art that has a distinctly Boise theme. Solid has two happy hours daily from four to six pm and ten to midnight with half priced drinks and a unique appetizer menu. Every Friday and Saturday Solid stays up extra late serving breakfast from midnight to four in the morning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Solid Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Decent food - huge portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Live music was kind of not good - could hardly have a conversation at the same tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the Solid Grill & Bar reviews archive.
- Gourmand vs. brewpubbeargrassDined on 5/17/2014Can't beat the atmosphere or beer list. That's why we went. Great service too. Menu seems ambivalent between gourmet and pub (more towards pub). I recommend them going more gourmet, although I understand the balancing act with beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three of the orders were wrong,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Three of the orders were wrong, one had a hair in it. One of the guests sat and waited for food while everyone else finished. When that food was brought out, the order was still wrong. Ketchup was also asked for, and the waitress had it in her apron and never dropped it off. I have ate their before and service and food was great, not sure what happened that day.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014The food is fantastic. The chicken cordon blue had a nice twist of bacon. It's a great place to go when you want to spend a little extra money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service sucked could not gettjl5Dined on 3/1/2014Service sucked could not get drinks did not put are hole order in and one person never even got their food
- Great comfort food downtown BoiseRunStrongDined on 2/14/2014Fun downtown vibe, great comfort food menu. Something for everybody. Nikki was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner there on NewBoiseDinerDined on 12/31/2013We had dinner there on New Year's Eve. We were seated promptly and the food was delicious. We brought in our own champagne and wine and their corkage fees were only $10.00. There were four of us and between us we had the Rib-Eye Steak, Shrimp and Grits and the Chicken Corden Bleu and all were delicious. The clams (for being frozen) were very good as an appetizer. Would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great bar food!BOIfoodieVIPDined on 11/29/2013This is a very casual dining experience, but the food is amazing! The nachos as well as the cardiac arrest burger are delicious! I think this place is much better for lunch as opposed to dinner, but its always a good meal at Solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageZRX1100Dined on 7/20/2013Just ok. That's it. Steak was so thin. Potatos were to salty.Special Features:
- GraduationGraduationDined on 5/18/2013I had a great graduation lunch with my friends and family. I'm glad I chose solid as my event place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAlliDined on 5/11/2013Food was delicious and service was great! My group had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceJudiRDined on 5/1/2013The menu had something for everyone. Spoiler alert - when it says spicy it means spicy! The food was outstanding. Our server was extremely helpful with suggestions, but never hovered. The entire dining experience was nice. The lighting is something to see, especially the lights over the bar. The music on the patio was great, although it was a bit chilly so we ate inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp and grits with sausageIdahoExecDined on 4/12/2013Shrimp and grits with sausage gravy were a killer combo!Special Features:
- College Bar SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Service was great food was great. Definitely do not take your sweatheart here for a romantic evening. Its very bar like bright lights even after they dimmed them. I requested a private table and we seated literally right next to a lounge area for playing board games with shelves full of family games. My wife and I began having a quiet personal conversation an we were interrupted by a young couple loud and obnoxious playing board games no more that 6 feet away. We had to ask to be moved to a more private table. Again great food and drinks but not a romantic place to eat. I will not be returning again unless Im with the guys and they drag me there kicking and screaming. Great location, great menu get rid of the college bar scene gear. CheersSpecial Features:
- The atmosphere was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The atmosphere was great! Our potatoes were cold the first time, sent them back, they were raw and warm the second time. We did not get a discount on meal other than 'your desert is free', but that's because it was Valentines day. Anyway, I won't order the Augraten potatoes again, my friends meals were okay. It is a hot location for a place in downtown Boise, loved the pillows on the bench behind us, I really appreciated the accomadations for my awesome date. Thank you!Special Features:
- A Solid ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013We had a great time at Solid. We sat right in front of the live musician and enjoyed a great meal. The service was excellent and eager to recommend top choices.Special Features:
- great place to start/end the party!jenniflorenniDined on 1/12/2013Great place for a group!! We had 12 in our party and spent nearly 5 hours eating and drinking (GREAT drink options!) and playing games in the game corner before heading next door to the comedian at liquid laughs. It made for a full night of fun, and our server was incredible!!Special Features:
- The place wasn't pretty emptyLbrodenDined on 11/8/2012The place wasn't pretty empty for lunch with only 2-other patrons in the entire establishment. The food was just fair; nothing spectacular. Since it is downtown, I think I spent more time looking for a spot to park & getting enough change collected for the meter, than eating at the restaurant. It didn't take long to get my fish tacos, but the entree smelled fishy before it even reached the table. A good fish dish at a restaurant should never smell overwhelming fishy. It is not like I was opening a can of Starkist tuna.
- The restaurant is in a beautiful,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The restaurant is in a beautiful, old 8th Street building which gives is a great feeling and atmosphere right away. We loved the spinach/artichoke dip we ordered for an appetizer. Had 4 different main dishes and everyone thought they were all very good. The sweet potato enchiladas were the most unique.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012The food and service was good, we will be returning again!Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2012The happy hour was great. We lucked out with the weather so the patio dinning was perfect.Special Features:
- The staff at Solid aren'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2012The staff at Solid aren't very receptive to reservations. This was the second time we've had reservations. The first time we called and they couldn't find it at all, this time it took them a while to find it, even with "Open Table" and there were a few tables ready so we were seated right away. The food is consistently very good, they were busier than expected the night we went so not enough staff, though they did apologize for that. We enjoy going there, but they need to fix their reservation system.Special Features:
- Great place to eat. I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2012Great place to eat. I was with my daughter from out of state looking at Boise State. The Mac and Cheese was the best ever. And the S'more Bomb!Special Features:
- Middle of the Road.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Entire staff had a sense of humor, greatly appreciated this while having to wait just a bit for our reservation. Drinks were delicious and strong, and the fries were amazing, but my main dish of mac and cheese was a touch on the bland side. Loved the artichoke hearts included, but could have gone for more cheese flavor. Not a lot to muffle the noise in this place, but live music was a nice addition. S'Mores Bomb for dessert was just too sweet and sticky. Some cold ice cream to break up the marshmallow goo might have saved it.Special Features:
- Solid is an amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011Solid is an amazing place in the heart of downtown Boise. The patio is a fantastic with shaded areas and live music on Sunday afternoons - it is the perfect place to enjoy the Idaho summer. The fried pickles are a must... seriously a must. Fantastic cocktails - the spicy Bloody Mary and Lemonade are my favorites. The Cubano is amazing, Lamb Gyro, Club Sandwich are without peer. A meal at Solid is never a bad idea.Special Features:
- All the entrees were tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011All the entrees were tasty and well priced. It took about 30-40 minutes from the time we placed our orders until our food arrived, so it was not speedy. It was not busy the night we were there. Nice view of BoDo, good people watching.Special Features:
- Nice to sit out on the balconyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011Nice to sit out on the balcony and people watch............. good entertainment IF you are not sitting under a speaker... food is fine the price is fair...... the wine list needs improving!!!!Special Features:
- "Solid" was nothing to writeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011"Solid" was nothing to write home about. Food was average, service was horrible (didn't get my water refilled the whole night). Left lots to be desired.