801 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soletorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2136223255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday-Friday 11:00am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Sascha Lyon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from SOLETO
Introducing Soleto Trattoria and Pizza Bar, a Downtown Los Angeles Italian restaurant that features an Exhibition Pizza Bar, Outdoor Patio, and Large Bar area perfect for Happy Hour. With exposed beams, reclaimed wood floors, white wash brick walls, and a glass chandelier, this ‘Industrial Chic’ restaurant is the perfect addition to the growing downtown dining scene. Soleto combines straightforward elements of an Italian street-side café, with the comfort of a neighborhood bar, and the warmth of an inviting staff. Offering Southern Italian cooking and distinctive cocktails in a soaring and elegant space, where anyone can experience honest Italian food pared with great wines, makes Soleto the perfect place for denizens of downtown to unwind and relax.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
SOLETO - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
SOLETO reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (20)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Great restaurant for business meetings. The staff and the gentleman who I'm guessing to be the restaurant owner are very professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MortonSLAVIPDined on 7/30/2014While our waitress was excellent, the food camas out late. With the salad arriving after our entrays were served. The pizza was tasteless and the portion of salad for the price was ridiculous! I would not eat there again, if I can help it.Special Features:
- Great Place for LunchFriendlyneighbor1Dined on 7/25/2014This place is great. The food is good and the servers are nice. However, if you go on a really hot day during the summer, you may want to sit inside to enjoy your meal and not feel like you are melting due to the hot weather. My friend and I did the dineIn LA deal, which a 3-course meal for $20. It was pretty good.Special Features:
- Unfortunate ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014It's Restaurant week in LA and Soleto was not prepared. Granted we did get our bill taken care which we appreciated but didn't task care of the 1.5 hours just waiting for our food let alone we did not have 2 hours to waste on lunch. Finally food came out bagged to go with no napkins or utensils so we scrambled back at the office for. And the dessert we ordered wasn't included. Waitress was nice. We only ordered 3 salads & a sandwich which basically seemed partially put together once we could eat it togo.
- Wonderful birthday lunch!NancyDined on 7/22/20144 of us ladies went to celebrate a birthday. All of us appreciate good food, and it was our 1st time at Soleto. We went during DineLA week. 3 of the 4 had the special menu, and it was a terrific deal. We were all really happy w/ the food, service and appearance of the restaurant. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Not for a dinner-date, thank you.DougDined on 7/16/2014A sports bar with one good pasta-and-sausage entree, but uneven between the two dishes we ordered. Mainly, I felt ripped off. $24 for three ice-filled glasses of sangria, in particular; when I suggested this was a bit much, no attempt was made to try and reconcile the complaint. Finally, a $100 check for sports-bar fare didn't seem worth it. I'd go again to watch a game, maybe, but never again for a dinner-date.Special Features:
- Hummus & pizza are great!BshellsDined on 7/16/2014Please bring back the homemade pita chips. The pizzas are always on point.Special Features:
- Second time is just as gooddisappointeddinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014It is so nice to find a place where the vegetable dishes are well thought out and wonderfully executed. I'm so tired of eating out and having the vegetable sides be a throwaway. It is the sign of a talented chef who can craft and execute multiple layers of flavor in each of the sides, particularly the brussels sprouts with the poached egg and the cauliflower. Amazing. The gluten-free pizza is lovely, not heavy or dense as most GF pizzas are. We dined with two meat eaters, one vegetarian and one GF vegetarian and everyone was more than satisfied. The service was friendly but inattentive and the outside patio is just plain weird. I felt like we were in Europe and not in a good way. The inside and outside don't meshSpecial Features:
- Nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014Unfortunately my meal was way over seasoned. I had the shrimp salad. The shrimp was very salty and the salad was covered in Parmesan cheese. - also very salty. My colleagues had the Caesar which one of them said was good but it was not a generous serving.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Had a colleague's goodbye lunch at Soleto. Great food and service.Special Features:
- It's Not the SameMangosunVIPDined on 6/2/2014Soleto changed their lunch menu. It's very hard to read and there are fewer selections than before. What we had was very good, but presentation was lacking. Service was slow and the restaurant was virtually empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!MandMDined on 5/22/2014The food was great! as always. This is my third time for lunch in the last 3 months and everything has been excellent. My favorite thus far is the salmon kale salad. It is to die for. Each and everyone of the friends I've took there gave very high reviews of their dishes. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Downtown casual ItaliansdfasdVIPDined on 5/10/2014Nice menu, lots of fun flavors, appetizers and entrees to choose from. Parking is in underground building garage. Don't go after 9pm. Hours might say they are open until 10pm or 11pm, but the kitchen closes an hour before the restaurant.
- Excellent!!!MandMDined on 5/7/2014Excellent, excellent, excellent... we went there for Admin Professionals Day and all of us had a different dish. Not one person complained. I had the Kale and Salmon salad and it was to die for. The service was excellent. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant until we we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the SOLETO reviews archive.
- Always Love it!BikemoreDined on 5/1/2014This is my "go-to" place downtown. Food is yummy. I always get one of their pizza's - nice crisp thin crust with really good toppings of all sorts; and a few share plates - the cauliflower and brussels sprouts always; others depending on how many people I'm with. I enjoy lunch and dinner there. Pasta's are very good; nothing is over salted. There servers are friendly and attentive. The manager, Brian, always remembers me and makes sure my group is having a great time. Soleto is not an expensive "foodie" restaurant. I would say I am a foodie, but not a foodies snob. Soleto does not try too hard. It is simply delivers good food every time.Special Features:
- Soleto again and againSoletsVIPDined on 4/14/2014This is my go to in downtown LA. They are always spot and never let me down. I just wish they still had the garlic shrimp Cobb salad on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/3/2014What a great surprise, I've walked by Soleto many times and have never eaten there, I'm so glad I stopped in, food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soleto was great in termsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2014Soleto was great in terms of ambience and atmosphere; the food was okay, not bad, not something I would go out of my way for, however, the location is good and the staff friendly. I went for lunch; I will definitely go back and experience happy hour just because of the atmoshere.Special Features:
- Just an ok experienceCrystalYDined on 3/17/2014We went for a co-worker's birthday lunch and everyone was nice. Service was ok - we didn't get checked on a whole lot and it seemed like when we asked for parmesean or bread that we were asking for something out of the ordinary at an Italian restaurant. Several staff did recognize my co-worker's birthday, which was appreciated and nice, but our server was just awkward. When an ingredient was left out of a sandwich, he made an excuse and put it on her saying "it's there but you may not taste it." Not the right answer dude! Food was fine but overall experience was incredibly average at best. We won't be going back anytime soon.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/15/2014Frequented this place when it was Zucca, so decided to give it a try. We are very glad we did. The atmosphere is casual, great for pre-Staples Center events &/or the theatre . The menu is diverse, they have a full bar, and the food was delicious. Loved the chopped salad and the cheesey garlic bread. The margarita pizza had a great crust & fresh toppings. If you're a pasta lover you must try the orriccete with sausage & mushrooms. Don't pass this place up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor/ambiance, mediocre foodMeeksDined on 2/15/2014Great space! Service: Our server was not very friendly and only checked on us twice in 1.5 hours. However, the bus-boys were extremely nice and very attentive. Food: nothing a college kid couldn't cook in their kitchen. Decent food - nothing to write home about. Would I go back? Probably - but I'll stick to pizza and drinks. Colori still rules downtown LA for italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience,Good food,Ok ServiceWineAndDineDined on 2/14/2014My partner and I were unsatisfied with our initial table but fortunately, Brian, the manager was around and kindly moved us to a much better one. He was very welcoming and genuinely courteous. Our waitress seemed a bit annoyed. Not sure if she was displeased with helping a lesbian couple or if she was just having a hectic night. She never seemed welcoming and was not attentive at all. Her name escapes me but then again, I'm not sure she ever told us what it was. If it weren't for Brian being so kind, I would have given the service a lower rating. He ended up doing some of the waitress' job; after dinner we asked him for a drink menu to which he also took the order. Aside from that, the food was good and the ambience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014This may well be a problem with great restaurants which have bars and bars that have great restaurants. The last thing I want to hear when I am having a nice dinner as I was in the outdoor patio is the gawd awful dance music that they pipe all over the building. Ironically, you don't hear it as much in the bar above the din, but in the dining area it was annoying to the point that my love and I agreed we would never come back.Special Features:
- High HopesGreensmarkVIPDined on 2/3/2014This was our third time at Soleto. It was not a charm! Basically, we had high hopes for this place as Downtown lost a great Italian restaurant in this exact space. After this attempt, we found the food to be mediocre. The pizza arrived lukewarm, the Linguine with Shrimp was over dressed (meaning oily) and the shrimp was, let's just say it could have been better. The severs seemed to be confused or management hadn't scheduled enough staff for the evening. The whole experience would have been a bust were it not for the Persecco. We feel that the folks at Soleto are playing to the Convention/Staples crowd; not much interested in cultivating the locals. Clearly, with all the fabulous places to dine in Downtown LA, why would anyone settle...
- Overall goodIvanCWangVIPDined on 1/28/2014I came to this restaurant for lunch or business lunch so many times with always good experience on their food. Easy decision when thinking about where to have a good lunch at DTLA on a work day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch during DineLA WeekSaraDined on 1/22/2014The restaurant was extremely busy and noisy at 12:45 Pm so we had to wait for a table even though we had a reservation. We were finally seated in a back room which was quieter. Food was promptly servied, hot and delicious. Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3.5 starssmoochesVIPDined on 1/14/2014easy parking which is often not the case in downtown ($5). The food is pretty good. I do have some issues with it (soggyish pizza) but the prices are decent and love the ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ExperienceDowntownDinerDined on 1/11/2014I made dinner reservations for early evening. When I arrived I had to wait for several minutes just to be greeted by a host even though the restaurant was not crowded at all. Seating, once greeted was easily accomplished. While the waiter seemed friendly enough he seemed a tad forgetful though my request was nothing complex (ie I needed salt). I found the food (a truffle mushroom pizza and a sweet sausage pizza) very tasty, though the sausage pizza needed a little salt to me. Given my overall experience, I would definitely return to the restaurant, and will most likely add it to a choice for take out through LA Bite.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Good was great, service was extremely slow. We had reservations for 7:15 on New Year's eve and had to wait 20 min for a table, while other groups were sat before us. a little chatoic, but understandable given the day. once at table , service was also extremely slow, just to get waited on and also for food to come. would go back, but not on holidays or busy nights. they seemed to be completely unaware that it was NYE and that 27,000 people we're in town for the Rose Bowl pep rally that afternoon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breadless in SoletodonniebaseballVIPDined on 12/2/2013It's an Italian restaurant that doesn't serve bread with your meal. enough said!
- My third time to this "new"PSmithVIPDined on 11/30/2013My third time to this "new" establishment in downtown, it continues to be a favorite!!! Delicious, and great serving staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a showthebakersDined on 11/29/2013We went to Soleto before a concert at Staples Center. We got there around 6pm, so it was not very busy yet. Hostess was very pleasant and the waiter greeted us quickly. We had a Bruchetta app (different but excellent), split the roasted veg salad and each had pasta dish. All the food was very nicely done, well seasoned and interesting. Corkage was $15 . Parking in the building was only $5 and it was an easy walk to and from Staples After the show it was a quick walk back to the car and easy access to the freeway. I would recommend Seloto as a good choice before an event at LA LiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCarrieVIPDined on 11/19/2013This is our go to restaurant when we are at LA Live. Food and service are always great!Special Features:
- Recently went for my birthdayMoro8Dined on 11/16/2013Recently went for my birthday with friends since it's in my neighborhood and it was very disappointing. They charged us for bread and then brought four burnt pieces when there were six of us at the table. The service was not very friendly, and the food was mediocre. I had been here once before for happy hour at the bar and had a very different experience - the bar appetizers were great (but they wouldn't let us order any at the table when we went back). I won't be going back, which is a shame because I live so close!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2013My second visit here, both experiences were the same, poor service and mediocre food. I had to ask the waitress 2 times for a place setting, didn't receive it. My guest asked for the third time and I finally received the place setting. No one ever came around to refill drinks or check to make sure we had everything we needed. We didn't, one of the dishes ordered with french fries was missing ketchup while all the other dishes with fries had the ketchup on the plate. If the waitress bothered to check on us we could have asked her, place wasn't full so that wasn't the issue. Won't be coming back here, there are so many other eateries in the area there is no reason to suffer through average food with poor service.
- Good find near StaplesSarahPDined on 10/12/2013A great non-chain restaurant within walking distance to Staples Center. A great place for some food and drinks before a concert or game. We enjoyed the appetizers and pizza and good selection of beer. The happy hour menu was on our table, although not available on weekends. They don't even prepare most of the appetizers from that menu. We were disappointed since we wanted a few of those options. Overall a good experience and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More for lunch than dinner...dtmsdtrDined on 10/2/2013We ordered a bottle of wine, but it did not show up for 15 minutes as the waiter had to "go upstairs and get the manager to unlock the wine cooler where the cold bottles are kept". Hmmmmm... we were parched by the time it showed up. Menu is quite limited for dinner so we shared a pizza and salad -- which were good. But we asked for the salad to come first, but the pizza did... Love the outdoor area and the inside is festive, as well. Quite loud in both places making it hard to carry a conversation. Definitely more of a lunch spot than dinner.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantCarrieVIPDined on 9/24/2013Soleto is our go to place to dine when we are attending events at LA Live. Food and service are always good . Attentive staff. Great Happy Hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food needs great serviceGlutenFreeGirlDined on 9/13/2013The food here was excellent. I'm gluten free and there were plenty of yummy prions for me. We had a 12:30 reservation, and the restaurant was busy, but instead of having had a seat reserved for us, we were stuck at the first four top when you walk in... Making it a little less enjoyable for our group. Service was very slow and our ice tea was rarely refilled. Loved the ice tea ice cubes, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown lunch spotBeijingGalDined on 9/5/2013Great downtown lunch spot where you can get in and out easily. A real wood fire oven cranks out tasty pizzas and the bar menu is perfect for happy hour.Special Features: