83 Erb Street West Building Two
Waterloo, ON N2L 6C2Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sole.ca/
- Phone: 5197475622
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Dan Potter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Cellar Room can comfortably accommodate parties from twenty to thirty guests. All the food is prepared on the premises from fresh quality ingredients. Be it a business function, anniversary, wedding or any other occasion that calls for quality in an elegant setting Solé will deliver a memorable experience.
- Private Party Contact: Management 5197475622
- Cross Street: Father David Bauer Drive
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Turn North off Erb Street onto Father David Bauer Drive. Solé is the second building on your right. There is ample parking available at the rear of the restaurant. As well there are several city parking lots in close proximity.
A word from Sole Restaurant
Solé Restaurant and Wine Bar is situated in a 150 year old Seagram's building, minutes west of the Waterloo Uptown Core. The interior soars two stories high to a timber frame ceiling, exposed brick and generous wood finishes, set the tone for an elegant yet casual experience. The menu will transport your palate to the Mediterranean. Items ranging from thin crust pizza, pastas, vegetarian entrees, steaks, to rack of lamb will satisfy any appetite. An extensive wine list (with a Wine Spectator Award of Excelence), great selection of Scotch, local and imported beers on tap complement the experience. Service is professional yet friendly. Solé is waiting to take you away and deliver a complete dining experience. In the Summertime, Outside Dining on a Heated Patio is available. **Please note: we are unable to guarantee specific table requests or patio requests. Please inquire upon arrival. Thank you.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Sole Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Waterloo ›
Sole Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (53)great for outdoor dining (50)romantic (42)great for lunch (36)notable wine list (34)good for groups (31)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I feel relaxed and comfortable dining at this resturant. The seafood,stew was excellent and short ribs were delicious. I will definitely dine at this Resturant in the future. Looking forward to trying different entrees.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014Good variety on the menu to satisfy the variety of tastes for our groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014I had the best 3 egg omelette that I've ever had. My wife and granddaughter also greatly enjoyed their entrees.Special Features:
- Consistent ExcellencelocaldinerDined on 10/24/2014Sole is my my neighbourhood place to go for great dining. The food is always beautifully plated and perfectly prepared. in warm weather, the patio is one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood gem is becoming a bit disappointingPumpkinDined on 10/23/2014I have been a big fan of this resturant for a number of years. However, over the past weeks, I have noticed a change in the food quality particularly the soup. The managerial staff do not seem as enthusiastic as they once were. The restaurant itself is beautiful and comfortable. Perhaps it's just a seasonal or temporary staffing glitch.Special Features:
- Nice placePumpkinDined on 10/21/2014Sole is a lovely restaurant to bring friends or business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014I enjoy taking my clients to this restaurant. The quality of food and the service is always very good and I know my clients won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great restaurant...HummelDined on 10/13/2014Recently I moved from Toronto to Waterloo. The Sole Restaurant is located very close where I live. Love to invite my visitors to the Sole Restaurant. The food, ambiance and service is outstanding.Special Features:
- A great night outskippyDined on 10/1/2014Interesting appetizers, great main dishes, wine and desserts made for a great anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat eve dinnermikey44Dined on 9/27/2014As always dinner was great at Sole. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Waterloo.Special Features:
- Great patio brunch in SeptemberBrianVIPDined on 9/27/2014I always enjoy Sole; had the lobster benedict - awesome!Special Features:
- great birthday dinnersunshineguelphDined on 9/22/2014The staff were excellent and got us out in time for theatre even though we were all late in arriving. The food is unique in the combination and tasted as good as it looked. I brought friends who had not been before and they were all very happy with my choice. Great start to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was amazing. Robert our server was incredible. Always there when needed, informative, professional, good sense of humor and impeccable timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Good food but very noisy ..........................................................................................................................................
- Always greatMaxieTDined on 9/19/2014We had a great time again at Sole. We always get great service & food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had an excellent meal and service last Saturday. Well presented, tasty good portions, interesting menu. Had a nice quiet table in the side room to celebrste our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvest MenuHarvestDined on 9/12/2014We have dined at Sole many times but this was the best meal I have EVER had anywhere.Special Features:
- Excellent!WaterlooBonDined on 9/9/2014It has been a few years since I've been to Sole. The menu has changed, which I found was for the better. Amazing food and drink, I will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We have been to Sole several times and consider it to be the best restaurant in the Kitchener Waterloo area. The service is always superb and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappoontingBarbaraDined on 9/5/2014Service was great, drinks were great, Caesar salad amazing, meals were fine. Very disappointed with the appetizer. We ordered the special and didn't realize right away that what we were brought was from the menu. When we asked the server about it she said they were out of the special and substituted the menu appie that was similar....but not at all! I would never have ordered the one from the menu. We were nice about it and didn't make a huge deal but really not impressed and server brushed it off. Prob won't be back for awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoleFanDined on 9/4/2014The Cernys know how to do it right. From the ambiance, to the food, the décor and their service. Sole and The Blackshop are some of the best restaurants in K-W. Sole by far has the best patio in city for summer outdoor dining - lunch or dinner. You'll will never be disappointed by their service - they know what service is and how to deliver it better than anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Realized I missed it!JenniferVIPDined on 9/4/2014When I used to do business lunches, Sole was alway on the list. I don't go out for lunches much any more, but we do go out for dinners, and I admit, I had forgotten about Sole. 6 of us decided to go out for dinner last week, and we were fortunate enough to get on the patio. What a wonderful night. The entire thing, from the ambiance all the way to the food and service. Made me realize how much I miss it! Thanks Sole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but could be so much bettersomeoneyouknowDined on 8/29/2014We visited Sole for a celebratory dinner, but left feeling disappointed by everything from the food to the atmosphere. From the lackluster decor of standard-issue oak tables and chairs and dated glass-topped country dining partitions between booths, to the uninspired menu, our experience left something to be desired. The food was 'okay' but certainly wasn't anything that I'd ever go back for. Call me a food snob, but I've had better meals in my own home. We gave it a shot, but I don't think we'll go back. They could be so, so much better...especially in Waterloo, which could use many more excellent dining options. We're not all students here, and some of us enjoy paying more for a quality dining experience.
- Great service, ambience and food.robbiej48Dined on 8/25/2014We partook in their summerlicious menu. It was a very good meal and very filling. The only let down were the desserts which were ho-hum. They have a very nice patio and excellent service. The wine selection is impressive as well. While we only had the house red it was surprisingly good.Special Features:
- Our Favourite Neighbourhood GemLuleeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Outstanding patio during the summer, and warm ambiance inside. The service and the food are both exceptional. Have gotten to know many of the servers, and feel "at home". This is a restaurant to not miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday luncheon surprisedddiningDined on 8/21/2014My sister invited me to lunch for my birthday and I picked Sole. I had never eaten there so wanted to try something different. We had a fabulous lunch with outstanding service and food. I will definitely be returning to Sole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A +NickeluckDined on 8/17/2014Great Sunday night dinner at Solé Restaurant ! Our steaks were pefectly prepared , the service was excellent & the ambiance was sooo relaxing ! Wonderful little gem of a restaurant :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable experienceLuv2trynewplacesDined on 8/14/2014My guest and I really enjoyed our dinner at Sole. We both took the special 3 course menu and liked every course. The dessert was a feast for the eyes and the palate.Special Features:
- GreatFoodDined on 8/9/2014Have eaten at Sole. Many times and always have had a great meal and have found the wait staff to be very good and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutinstyleDined on 8/8/2014Sole was recommended to us for our Anniversary. It was a lovely evening and we will definitely recommend to others and return ourselves. Food was delicious and fresh. Prices were reasonable and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- Great 44th weddingyanniversary meal44thDined on 8/8/2014Our server was very very good. She really helped us enjoy our 44th wedding anniversary dinner. My daughter and I really enjoyed with the bacon and scallop appetizer. It was cooked to perfection. The scallops juicy and flavourful. My wife had a cucumber salad that was ordinary but she loved her sweet potato lasagna. I had beef tenderloin with garlic mashed potatoes. The beef, cooked medium rare, was chewy rather than tender - It was more like sirloin than tenderloin. The garlic potatoes were very good. Our daughter really enjoyed her double leg duck with mashed sweet potato. Our server arranged a complimentary crème brulee dessert. It was beyond wonderful. Next time we'll leave room for a full dessert.Special Features:
- Lovely lunch with my parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014The food was wonderful and atmosphere great for all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014This was my second time and I found it to be consistent to the first visit, great food, good service all around enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Two of us sat on the Patio along with an 18 month old . Staff was attentive , helpful with the toddler , gave me a choice of starting outside and moving in if it got cool , offered a kids menu and crayons , checked to see if we were all OK frequently . Food was good and they brought a sharing plateSpecial Features:
- Somewhat disappointedKrissyDined on 7/13/2014I've been a huge fan of Sole for years. My boyfriend and I were celebrating a special occasion on Sunday evening and thought it would be a fantastic venue at which to celebrate. The service was good, the atmosphere great but the food was sadly lacking. My shrimp was mealy and gritty, my pasta cold and congealed. My partners pasta dish was tasty but the portion quite small. Overall, not worth the $200 we spent. I'll likely go elsewhere the next time I'm looking to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experiencegeoffDined on 7/12/2014Great dining experience, food quality, ambience and service were all perfectly executed to give us a great evening out!Special Features:
- Never fails to pleaseYeahServiceDined on 7/11/2014Service always a cut above. Nice change to have well trained and competent staff. Keeps us coming back. Menu with variety but great specials too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt overloadAmandaBozDined on 7/10/2014We sat on the patio, which is very cute but was overcrowded. They'd sat everybody close together at one side leaving the other side totally unused, rather than spacing people out, and the tables are rather close together. Made for a noisy meal, being in very close proximity to many other diners. I ordered their pan seared scallops dish which was so salty I almost couldn't finish, even though there were only 4 medium-sized scallops. Seriously tasted like someone dropped a handful of salt into one serving. My husband had the tilapia daily special and said it was delicious but also on the very salty side. Wait staff was very friendly and thorough. Food and seating were a big disappointment.
- SUPER PATIODianeJDined on 7/5/2014Great location for summer and year round dining. Seating areas include shade and sun - whichever you prefer. A very pleasant patio - with the bonus of great food and wine !Special Features:
- The following 608 reviews are from the Sole Restaurant reviews archive.
- Favourite placeBentsterDined on 6/28/2014We are regular patrons of Sole restaurant. If a quiet dining experience filled with ambience is what your after then this is the place. Not ONCE has the service or food been a disappointment. The wait staff are impeccable. When it is time to pay, there is no waitress/waiter hovering over the table with "the machine".Special Features: