710 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.solasboston.com/
- Phone: 6179334803
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Irish
- Executive Chef: Sean MacAlpine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Solas
A proper pint. A warm meal. A cozy table. This is what you can expect when you step into Sólás, a quaint neighborhood pub with modern flair. Nestled in the heart of Boston’s storied Back Bay, Sólás is the perfect spot to while away an afternoon overlooking the bustle of Boylston Street or linger over beers in our intimate dining room. Our lunch and dinner menus feature classic pub dishes with regional New England touches. A rich selection of salads and stews, and sandwiches and entrees, are enjoyed with our extensive selection of draft beers, craft cocktails and hand selected wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Solas reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Skip!XavierVIPDined on 8/17/2014Went here because one of my guests eats unhealthy and can't afford higher prices. Food was terrible: waiter indicated that the steak sandwich had about 6-7oz of steak but to my surprise there were only two little pieces of meat in a sea of grilled onions. When I brought it to the attention of the waiter (not his fault) though he addressed and changed my order- it was received with some attitude. I say skip and if you can, go to a better place!
- Very niceBabaDined on 7/17/2014I took two young people to lunch here for a birthday. My company enjoyed themselves and the lunch was lovely, generous portion and very nicely prepared. The service was attentive and friendly. We had very nice desserts and felt as if an important event had been properly celebrated. Thank you very much
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Food & service were great! Was a bit noisy but it was Friday evening.....to be expected. Mostly locals.. Looks like a good 'after work' place for get togethers. We ordered coffee & dessert. Cheesecake was still a bit frozen and not much flavor. Should have gone for the apple crisp! All in all 4 *'s as our sandwiches were great and service too.Special Features:
- Great food, service OK, noisy . . .KCSMDined on 5/2/2014We had a small group to celebrate my son's graduation. The atmosphere was nice, and the staff were friendly and professional. The food choices were excellent, and what we ordered was very satisfying. Although the staff were very nice and professional, there were long periods of time where they didn't check on us. We ran out of water, and even when we asked for more, it never came. The noise level was a bit high. Our table was located under one of the speakers to their music system, so that was part of it, so it was a little difficult to hear everyone at the table. Overall, the prices were reasonable, the food was great, but the service could have been more attentive, and it would have been nice if it were not quite as loud.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Solas reviews archive.
- Nice little placeJRBostonDined on 4/17/2014Really enjoyed my dinner/drinks at Solas... it's a nice after-work place. Very affordable menu, good tasting food, great location and nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- New placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2014The whole experience worked out well. Really like open table as a way to save time and aggravationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LetdownToryMooreDined on 4/12/2014From some reviews, as we were coming from Texas, we were expecting an old Irish pub experience on Boylston street. What a letdown. The only thing good was the Guiness. It's a American bar with lazy, slow, waitresses. Spent more time talking to each other and looking at t-shirts. Don't bother if looking for something different then any other bar. The very young blond, high school girl serving as hostess on Saturday was great though. Have to give her kudos for her service. The food was fairly good.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great Guinness.BryanDined on 2/28/2014My girlfriend and I took a weekend trip to Boston from New Jersey and tried to find an affordable place to eat that still had a reputation for quality food. I found Solas online and liked the look of their menu so we decided to give it a try. We definitely do not regret stopping in for a bite and a beer! I had the chicken pot pie which was home-made and delicious while she had a sandwich called the "Rachel" which she enjoyed a lot! Another pro was a perfectly poured Guinness that was perfectly chilled and washed down my meal wonderfully. My server was as good as a server can be without being an interruption to a nice dinner out. I'll be back to Solas!Special Features:
- One of our favorite spots.KmpcDined on 2/14/2014One of our favorite spots. Great food, great drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The food was good unfortunately my steak tips were cold and so was my boyfriend's shepherd pie. Not sure why they were cold. Although, I did see a server try and approach out table with what looked like out entrees. Still not sure if the waitress put our appeizer and entrees all at once, or if it was the kitchen's error. Seems like there was only one waitress on the entire floor because we waited 20 mins for the check. Not the best experience, probably will not go back there. No, I would not recommend this resturant to a friend.Special Features:
- Affordable and simpleKittyVIPDined on 1/15/2014Always nice to have a place like this that is affordable and provides simple cuisine. Boston is lacking in this department especially when compared to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner at SolassteveDined on 12/28/2013Have had pints at Solas several times. Decided to have an early dinner on Saturdayu before Tom Rush show. Had an app and each of us had salads with lobster. Really good with loyts of fresh lobster (even full tail pieces). As always, a great pint of Guinness. Ate in bar so loud and lively, which was fine with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub scenejmjplays7Dined on 11/23/2013After a week in Boston, this was a great place to relax and get a drink and a bite. Cheapest dining experience of the week! Staff is friendly and offered tips to picking what to eat. Good selection of beers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gemDavidVIPDined on 11/13/2013Sit upstairs and have a view of Bolyston street. Good good and a casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013Solas is great! It a loud atmosphere but in a great location. We both got sandwhichss that were delicious and the mixed drinks were amazing. It was a great not over priced place for two girls to get food and drinks on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a quick biteagirlsgottaeatVIPDined on 10/19/2013We had Symphony tickets and needed to be out within an hour of seating. Got there late because of traffic but they had held our table and the kitchen rushed our orders to get us out in plenty of time. Best part was we didn't feel rushed and the food was good. I had only been for drinks before but the food is stick-to-your-ribs hearty. Reminds you of a real Irish pub, not those touristy recreations. This isn't fine dining so don't expect that. Just expect good, solid hearty fare at a reasonable price and friendly service. we will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice pub. RecommendJerseyDined on 10/19/2013Really nice pub. Recommend the pulled pork quesadillas (app) and the lobster roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free EasenonicknameVIPDined on 10/14/2013Solas made it easy to identify, order, and enjoy good gluten-free choices.
- good pubSandman404VIPDined on 9/29/2013A nice place to settle and watch the game or hang with friends for a bit. Food portions are large, staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Nice spot!lovemygspDined on 9/28/2013We made a reservation for Solas not knowing if it would be really busy later on or not. We ended up arriving pretty early and they sat us with no problem. We sat upstairs. It is decorated in great Gaelic design with a fabulous atmosphere. We had calamari which was good but not up to par with the kind we get in south eastern Mass. The French onion soup was the best I'd ever had. The Chicken Sandy was yummy and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his chicken pot pie. While our service was good, I don't feel like she put in an effort to go above and beyond. No real suggestions and we had to ask for specials. We'd definitely return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solas a good pub feelKaz01Dined on 9/27/2013Solas was good for a casual pint and pub meal. Great soft pretzels! Very very loud on Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubFunHappyGingerDined on 9/27/2013Would highly recommend Solas. The Shepards Pie & Chicken Pot Pie were DELICIOUS, with very generous portions. The bar downstairs was really noisy so we sat upstairs which was perfect for a dinner for two. Very casual with excellent waitstaff. If you love a great Irish Pub stop in here for a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way too noisy to enjoy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013The location of this restaurant is great, it is quaint and cozy inside but our table was right next to the bar and it was impossible to have conversation during our dinner. Food did not stand out. The kitchen was out of what we both ordered so we had to re-choose and it wasn't memorable at all. I would go for a drink, but not again for dinner.Special Features:
- Don't go for the foodAndrewOfCanadaVIPDined on 8/18/2013The street level was full and noisy...we sat upstairs. Quieter there, attentive service for drinks but four sandwiches took 25 min to get to the table early on a Sunday evening. The french fries were great...good size, fresh, not greasy but the sandwiches were on dried out bread which toasting didn't hide, had little "sauce" and little flavor. The width of the corned beef and sauerkraut stacked together in my Reuben was less than the width of one slice of the bread....not exactly what you expect for a typical Reuben. The meat in the Cuban sandwich was minimal and was lost in the large submarine-like roll it was served in. We might stop by for a pint again given its location, but wouldn't bother having the food.
- Authentic...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013I love this place.. The food, service, ambiance... Makes me feel like I'm in London, which BTW is another place I love. ;-) I've been to Solas several times... Consistently good. Convenient parking garage nearby and they validate. I'll be going back soon.Special Features: