Solano's Bistro in Old Town La Quinta
78075 Main Street
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Solano's Bistro in Old Town La Quinta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.solanosbistro.com/
- Phone: 7607716655x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Bar and Patio, 11 am - 2 pm, Monday through Saturday
Dinner: Bar 4 pm - Close, Happy Hour 4-6 pm
Dining Room: 5 pm - Close, C
Brunch: Sundays, 9 am - 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Francisco "Paco" Solano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have several areas available for private parties, including our bar, patio, and main dining room. Each area can be bought out separately or the entire restaurant. In our main dining room and patio, we can also accommodate parties of 15 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Emma Seitz 7607716655x
A word from Solano's Bistro in Old Town La Quinta
Solano's Bistro is chef owned and operated on Main Street of Old Town La Quinta. Dine inside or outside on our patio, browse beautiful pieces of art from local artists, and feel like family while enjoying the delicious flavors created by Executive Chef Francisco Solano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Solano's Bistro in Old Town La Quinta - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
Solano's Bistro in Old Town La Quinta reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (21)romantic (18)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (9)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Old Town Treasure!Merlotlover51VIPDined on 10/13/2014Whether you are a full time resident or just a visitor make time for a visit to Solano's Bistro. The staff makes you feel so welcome and you will feel like they have been waiting just for you to visit. in other words, it's charming and unassuming. The food is amazing! the chef takes great pride in his dishes and sources as much of his ingredients locally as he can. On this visit I had one of his specials-fresh halibut with heirloom tomatoes. Fresh Halibut-local- in the desert? Here's how he did it- the halibut was caught that morning then flown in. All the salad dressing are homemade and you can even take a bottle of your favorite home. Solano's will become one of your favorites too!Special Features:
- Solano'sMaggieVIPDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed our meal at Solano's the other night, however found it a little overpriced. The server was very sweet, but did t tell us the price of the entre when discussing the nightly special....which happened to be $30.00!! We didn't ask either so that was our fault. It was a lovely evening, warm, so we ate outside. The seared tuna was delicious but $30.oo was a little pricey. I do t remember the rest of the menu being that high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-sokjdjkDined on 10/10/2014We went after reading reviews. While the menu read well, didn't feel that the food measured up at all. Salad had almost no dressing if any at all.
- Neighborhood GemMagicDined on 10/9/2014Great local restaurant, excellent service and food. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatGailDined on 9/27/2014Service was ok we poured our own wine. Food ok but definitely unremarkable & overpriced for quality. Didn't even turn on their espresso machine so waiter said we would have to wait 20 minutes for a cappuccino. Wouldn't recommend.
- Fabulous FooddeblaquintaDined on 9/20/2014The halibut and salmon were moist and prepared with the perfect salsa and sauces. Salads, as always, were fresh and delicious. Service was great. Nice to be welcomed by staff.Special Features:
- Summer dining for localsCameronDined on 9/19/2014Yes its hot in the summer, but one of the notable perks of enduring that heat is to be able to dine at a great restaurant like Solano's Bistro before the snowbirds return. Its a quieter, relaxed experience and we can be spontaneous rather than be forced to get reservations days in advance. The whitefish was superb and the service is always outstanding. Save room for the peach cobbler to top off a tasty meal.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had terrific service and delicious food as we celebration our Mother's birthday. This truly is a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Wouldn't Go AgainStephenDined on 8/30/2014After reading reviews, I thought it might be worth it to give this place a try. One mistake was going there for dinner. The dinner crowd was very casual and boisterous. It might have been OK for a lunch spot, but not if you were expecting to have a pleasant, reasonably quiet dinner in a "nice" restaurant. The food ranged from meh to pretty good. The dinner rolls, once they finally arrived, and the salads were not very good at all. A salad featuring various stone fruits was composed mostly of unripened peaches. The entrees were fine. The service was slow, non-responsive, and inept, and contributed significantly to the overall unpleasantness of our experience.
- Great dinner!FlyingChiefDined on 8/29/2014This was our 2nd visit and this time we took guests. Great food, great service. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- First but not last visitSoozieqzVIPDined on 8/28/2014We wanted to try somewhere new and solano's was the choice. A great choice it was! We started with the bruschetta which was beautifully presented and quite tasty. The hubs had a NY which he enjoyed and I had the delicious scallops and prawns. They both came with a side of risotto that was perfectly done and broccolini, the least exciting part of the meal. Service was relaxed and friendly and the decor is charming. We will surely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. In the summer they don't serve lunch, but the dinners are worth it. You can't miss with this restaurant....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food is fresh and delicious! Beet salad is excellent; halibut and chicken really good, too! Service great.. A little bit pricey, but not over the top. Quaint and charming with casual atmosphere in Old La Quinta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealPegabooooVIPDined on 8/22/2014This has been a great find for us...well worth a few extra driving minutes for a great meal that is reasonably priced. Service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Just love this placedeputydogDined on 8/15/2014Every single time we dine here - it's just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL EVENINGPerfectDined on 8/14/2014AS ALWAYS .......... A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE ............. WE CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experienceJessicaVIPDined on 7/26/2014First time at Solana's and really enjoyed it. The service was excellent. The restaurant had a nice energy, not too loud and a positive vibe. The food was good. Loved the variety of salads. Also loved the 1/2 price bottle of wine on Saturday night. My husband and daughter had the penne pasta with bacon, it was good, a little spicy. I had the pecan crusted white fish - wish it had a tad of salt, but was a nice portion and loved the mashed potatoes. My brother had the chicken - he never orders chicken at a restaurant, but the menu description was irresistable. It was a delicious dish.Special Features:
- Always exceptionalTrishDined on 7/15/2014We consider Solano's one of the very best restaurants in the Palm Springs area. We live in La Quinta so we feel very honored that they are located within a few miles of our home. We would recommend it to anyone looking for great food and a very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad experienceDinerDelightDined on 7/12/2014Reservations were easy to make. Service was very good as always and the food was delicious. Next time we plan to sit in the bar as it looked very inviting.Special Features:
- BB55Dined on 7/8/2014Had a delicious gazpacho and a very good salmon. Service was extremely friendly. Seating was unusually comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solano's Bistrohard2plzDined on 7/3/2014Solano's is my favorite restaurant in the desert for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the food is ALWAYS excellent and is made with the highest quality ingredients, so it is healthy and delicious. Secondly, the atmosphere is gorgeously unique, comfortable, and relaxing, whether you choose to eat in the dining room, the bar, or on the patio. Finally, the staff is like no other: helpful, kind, and will bend over backward to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT .... AS ALWAYSPerfectDined on 6/28/2014WONDERFUL :) GREAT MENU, AMAZING STAFF ........ LOVE THEM :)Special Features:
- Always specialGritsDined on 6/27/2014Such a pretty restaurant and staff is always eager to serve. Our guest had the short ribs, gluten free, and she said they were perfect, so tender and flavorful. My spouse had the salmon, which he always prefers undercooked, and the chef obliged. He was very pleased. I had the roasted vegetable pasta, quinoa pasta. Although I do not require gluten free, I ordered since I love vegetables. I was impressed with the seasoning and that they were al dente. Solano's is a favorite of oursSpecial Features:
- Great specialsPeggyDined on 6/27/2014Solano's continues to be one of my very favorite restaurants. The quality of their food is always outstanding. We took advantage of the special for two which included a bottle of wine. Excellent food at an excellent price. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 498 reviews are from the Solano's Bistro in Old Town La Quinta reviews archive.
- ConsistantAaronMDined on 6/24/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant several times and have always found the food to be superior and the personnel delightful. During the desert season the lounge is a fun place to gather with friends. The atmosphere is that of a urban bistro set in the casual resort style of Old Town La Quinta. We recommend it to all who enjoy great food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillDesertdinerDined on 6/7/2014Solanos was one of my favorite restaurants but lately the food and service are goi g downhill. This time we went for restaurant week. I ordered the ribeye which was about 1/4 inch thick and very fatty. I could not eat it. The waiter never ask why I didn't touch my entree just cleared my plate. Also everything on the plate was covered in olive oil. It was hard to taste the flavor of the food. My friend ordered the fish and it was greasy too. The beet salad and the dessert were good. Solanos need to get back to consistently providing good food.
- JockoDined on 6/7/2014We went during Restaurant week and the menu was great. Very fresh food and great service and good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good nightChowHoundVIPDined on 6/5/2014We went for restaurant week and really enjoyed it. Our waiter, William, was fabulous. Fun, energetic, friendly and knew the menu. The owner came over and chatted with us. The food was very good and the soups there are excellent. Between the four of us, we had soups, steaks, seafood and desserts. All of it was very good. It's a comfortable restaurant, updated, intimate feeling. Local artists paintings hang on the wall adding to the cozy feel of the restaurant. Lots of outdoor seating and a great bar menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/5/2014We have been to Solano's before and the food quality and the service were not up to par this time we dined there. We were disappointed.
- Gisela Urieta GrayGiselaDined on 6/3/2014We had reservations for 5 a special occasion, the food was excellent! I am a local, this is one of my favorite restaturant in the desert!!!Special Features:
- Great findEllieLVIPDined on 6/2/2014We went to Solano's Bistro as part of restaurant week. What a wonderful find. We are always looking for a new place to bring friends. It was delightful. The food was outstanding , the staff was friendly and professional. We are definitely returning with friends next season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantdeputydogDined on 5/30/2014We have dined here many times, the food and service are always outstanding. We usually come on Fridays - because the clam chowder is the best! Also they often have Petrale Sole with a delicious sauce or salsa. They use very fresh ingredients and also do tbeir best to supply the menu with local fresh produce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantTrishDined on 5/27/2014We always enjoy our time at Solano's. The food is always excellent, and the service is very good. We recommend it to anyone who is looking for quality in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!FlyingChiefDined on 5/25/2014We were looking to try someplace new and found Solano's by searching online reviews. It was easy to find, great food, great service, an overall outstanding experience. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingpbsazVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is our fourth time at Solano's however our first for dinner. Everything was cooked perfectly and bursting with flavor. This is our favorite restaurant in La Quinta. I highly recommend for any meal.Special Features:
- wonderful!DeniseLQDined on 5/12/2014Once again, not just the food but the whole scene at Solano's was superb. I simply cannot recommend it highly enough. It has to be one of the very best restaurants in the desert and a not to be missed scene for dinner.Special Features:
- Mothers Day DinnerPuma23Dined on 5/11/2014Great experience! The staff was friendly as always and the food was amazing. I had the shrimp scampi over linguini which was delicious. Will definitely be back for more than just happy hour this summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find2aboutUVIPDined on 5/10/2014We go to La Quinta once a year but have never really been in the village for dinner, just a quick beer and pizza. Found Solano's Bistro on Open table and I made a reservation for my wife and mom during our Mother's Day weekend. We were not disappointed. The wine list was solid and prices were over the top. The food was excellent and I suggest the pomegranate scallops as they had amazing flavor. I highly recommend Solano's Bistro and we will be back next year!Special Features:
- Great Food!Leigh2VIPDined on 4/30/2014I had the Chilean Sea Bass special it was arguably the best Sea Bass I have ever had, cooked to perfection. The waiter was exceptional. It was a bit noisy inside the restaurant, in spite of the heat we should have sat outside I think it would have been quieter. We'll try that next time we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- another fantastic mealDeniseLQDined on 4/23/2014Wow, we really loved the dinner...once again, Chef Paco's special short ribs are outstanding. I took company from the San Francisco Bay area there again. They insist on going there each year when they come to visit. And the meals have never disappointed us. Thanks again, Chef Paco, for a wonderful dinner. See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.