22 N Van Brunt St
Englewood, NJ 07631Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.solaiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2018717155x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner 7 days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
A word from Solaia
Named after a famous vineyard in Tuscany, the Solaia bar and restaurant is our answer to the Italian fine dining experience that was missing in Englewood. Serving New York-style fine Italian cuisine, located at the heart of the elegant town of Englewood, Solaia Restaurant is 10 minutes away from NYC and ten steps away from the Bergen Pac Theatre (originally the John Harms Theater). The many faces of Solaia restaurant transform to accommodate the casual shoppers at the outside café as well as the elegant theater- goers with fine northern and southern Italian cuisine prepared by our executive chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Solaia reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very good; some excellent dishesBrooklynBoyVIPDined on 9/3/2014Living in Manhattan, I only eat here when I have a show to go to at John Harms/ Bergen PAC in Englewood. It's a little gem, with some fine dishes coming out of their brick oven (especially the brick oven chicken, which is to die for.) The staff is very friendly, and the service is very good. It's not a romantic spot, but it is nicely lit on the dark side with exposed brick, etc. Also, there is ample outdoor dining if the weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD GOOD....SERVICE NOT SO GOODTONY818Dined on 9/3/2014I HAVE EATEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES AND THE FOOD IS USUALLY VERY GOOD. ON THIS OCCASION THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. BUT....AFTER OUR RUDE WAITER TOOK OUR ORDER....WE NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN. THERE WAS ANOTHER YOUNG WAITER THAT I HAD TO KEEP FLAGGING DOWN WHEN I NEEDED SOMETHING.....INCLUDING THE CHECK ! VERY FRUSTRATING. NEEDLESS TO SAY...I SLIPPED THE HELPFUL YOUNG MAN A $20....AND THEN SHORTED THE TIP ON THE CHECK.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceChristyDined on 9/3/2014What a horrible experience. Food was par and quite overpriced. I guess they figure they can charge what they do since they are next door to the Bergen PAC. Our waiter was horrible. Never even asked if we wanted coffee/tea even when we ordered dessert. Not worth your time or money.Special Features:
- OverpricedDine57Dined on 8/31/2014While the food was ok and the place is quite pleasant the prices were too high and so the value proposition was below par.
- NanaVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a very nice evening at Solaianwithnfriends from south jersey.....they were very happy with their wine, food and service. We always return to Solaia and will continue to do so especially with the warm welcome we get from Marcia, the hostess.Special Features:
- Pre-concert gemRichMVIPDined on 8/25/2014Right next to the Bergen PAC, so you can enjoy a great meal right up to 5 minutes before show time and still be in your seat in time. Excellent food and a decent wine list. Also, enjoy the great art work, prints by the late great Pino who lived not far away.
- Local RestaurantTirednessVIPDined on 8/24/2014Whether you're going to the Bergen Pac for a show or just want to get out for dinner, this is a good place to try. The food was very good and portions were ample. The service was excellent and they were very helpful. We started with their Tropical Salad. My husband had a Chicken dish and I decided to have their hamburger platter--without the roll because I couldn't stop myself from eating their bread. One must stop at some point. We did have beer. I don't like most beers. However, their assortment had enough for me to choose from. We go to the Bergen Pac quite often and plan on making this restaurant part of our night out.Special Features:
- Better and BetterInViewofNYCDined on 8/22/2014Second time at Solia and it was better than the first. GREAT filet, fresh seafood and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExprienceHarvestDined on 8/20/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere sitting outside was romantic and charming.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysSallyDined on 8/8/2014Have been there several times before and never disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantali3Dined on 8/7/2014Convenience aside, we always dine here when we go to a show at Bergen PAC. The atmosphere is really nice, the food is delicious and the service is outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- lovelyleighbarkVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had an absolutely delicious dinner! The lamb chops were fabulous. Right next to Bergen PAC.Special Features:
- Goldilocks (as in just right)FussbudgetDined on 8/2/2014Our meal was excellent - seafood/pasta special and braised short ribs that were extremely tender and tasty Caramel cheesecake for dessert was a perfect ending to the meal. Servers were attentive but not hovering. This was my second visit to Solaia and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful- poor service - bad foodSuzieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Asked for onions with the salad - Waiter came back 10 min later to ask white or red onions? We said white. - Got the salad - no onions - finally found a waiter - 5 min later he brought red onions - shrimp in sauce was disgusting!!
- Exceeded my expectationsVeritaDined on 7/16/2014Given the menu & price range, I was expecting excellent food & service. I have to say I was not disappointed. In fact, Solaia exceeded my expectations. The food was outstanding. The Caprese salad appetizer was delectable. Beautiful tomatoes w/fresh mozzarella & basil with a mouth-watering oil/balsamic vinegar drizzle. The risotto di mare and short rib entrees were excellent. Both beautifully prepared and delicious, although the risotto was super rich with "possibly" a tad too much butter. Had a nice pinot noir served in a proper red wine glass (thank you!). The Chocolate/mousse cake was good/ok. Good/attentive service & a nice outdoor seating area. Great overall experience including the Gordon Lightfoot concert next door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanaVIPDined on 7/9/2014Restaurant wasn't very busy but the service was very slow and tedious. If this was our first time at Solaia we probably wouldn't return but since we eat there all the time we'll just hope things improve next time.
- NanaVIPDined on 7/2/2014As always we had a terrific meal....we are rarely disappointed and Solaia is our "go to" spot in town.Special Features:
- Nerve-wrackingGoldenDiningDined on 6/26/2014Do not consider going here before a show at the BergenPac Theatre! Our show was at 7:30 and my party of four arrived at six. We were told it would get crowded so we should order quickly. We immediately gave our order for drinks and dinner, just entree no appetizers. At 6:55 we still had no dinner. I asked the waiter and he said he would check, that it was not his fault. I assume he checked but never came back to us. I asked hostess to see manager shortly after 7 and she said she would tell him. At 7:10 our food arrived, with no apologies, no visit from manager. My filet mignon was medium well at best, not what I ordered but no time to send it back. The only great part of meal was the crisp asparagus. Food was overpriced for sure!
- not againLIZCVIPDined on 6/26/2014We have eaten at Solaia a number of times over the last few years. The food has been good in the past, and the service OK. The service was so awful on Thursday night that we will not go back. Our waiter did everything he could, short of cooking the food, to get us served. He told us the menu was not the regular menu, but the menu that the restaurant uses on a show night; an abbreviated menu that the kitchen can handle quickly and efficiently. Well, they can't. The one thing that the waiter and the manager did that was truly extending themselves was to take our Groupon, which (we did not know) they do not accept on a show night. They took it that night, because of the 70 minute wait we had for our dinner.Special Features:
- understaffed kitchenJANNIEDined on 6/26/2014Had 5:30 reservations so that we would have plenty of time to eat for 7:30 show next door. There was only another table with two people in the dining room. By 6:00 the restaurant was full, 6:30 one entree no longer available. Served our 5 meals at 6:50 with no time to spare to have a cup of coffee! Never again! !
- NanaVIPDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much, air conditioning working well and we were happy to be at Solaia once again. It's our local "go to" spot and we are rarely disappointed.Special Features:
- Italian GemGoodcookieVIPDined on 6/23/2014There is nothing I wouldn't order here. Everything is cooked to perfection and nicely served. I especially love their Chicken Matone (chicken under a brick) a half chicken, completely boned and cooked to perfection--crisp skin and wonderfully juicy chicken. A special sea bass cooked in parchment was fresh and flavorful and perfectly cooked. The restaurant is right next door to the Bergen PAC so if there is an event that night the place is packed.Special Features:
- Get some culture!RichMVIPDined on 6/22/2014Right next store to the Bergen PAC so grab a great meal before a show and while dining enjoy the beautiful artwork by Pino, who we unfortunately lost a few years ago. I have been told that Pino did not live far away and that his son still frequents the restaurant.Special Features:
- Train your staff!!!!ReviewsDined on 6/21/2014Service was horrible, but food was great......once they got the order right and finally served it. Only 3 of 4 appetizers came out, 4th delivered after other three wee long finished. THEN only 3 of 4 entree's were delivered, again 4th one was very late. Could never find waiter (Joe) for drinks, and every question about the menu required him to run inside to find an answer. The food was indeed excellent, but until I start seeing reviews about improved service I won't be back.
- NanaVIPDined on 6/18/2014First time ever we are complaining this much.....the restaurant was very hot and they assured us the air conditioning had been repaired. It never kicked in and we ate our food in a most unpleasant atmosphere, warm and truly uncomfortable. We eat at Solaia all the time and we really expected a different level of acknowledgment and didn't appreciate not being told from the very beginning that the a.c. wasn't working. We brought our friends and we were embarrassed that it was so unpleasant.
- It was excellent. Outstanding foodAwesomeDined on 6/16/2014Our clients from Connecticut were very pleased with our recommendation. They loved the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallRoloDined on 6/12/2014Pricey, food was just average. Sat outside service infrequent..
- Lunch Al FrescoGolfnutDined on 6/6/2014Dined outside for lunch - pleasant experience. Grilled Octopus appetizer was seasoned perfectly and tender. Cavatelli w/ sausage and broccoli rabe was satisfying. Overall very positive experience. Service was good, wasn't rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EUGENEDined on 5/27/2014food and service always good. pricing is very average for a good night out.Special Features:
- Delicious, different foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/27/2014The menu had many options not found at all restaurants and the food was DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a triptomayVIPDined on 5/23/2014good food -menu with a nice selection- good service and good ambiance
- The following 46 reviews are from the Solaia reviews archive.
- willDined on 5/17/2014Usually go to this restaurant before seeing a show next door. Have been there 5 or 6 times. Food is OK but waiter & Waitresses are not educated regarding the menu. Never really seem to know much if you ask them about something listed on the menu.Special Features:
- Nice pre-show mealdevilznjDined on 5/17/2014If you are going to the Bergen PAC to see a show this place is literally right next door. Got a reservation same day and was not really crowded on Saturday night at 6ish. A little pricey, but I'll gladly pay more for homemade pasta (which was delicious). Nice bread selection and a nice variety of appetizers. An NYC feel to the place. Not big portions, but excellent quality. No specials, but I overheard a waitress telling someone they could order something after 7:30pm...so maybe they have a different menu after the people who are there for the show leave. Very nice place to dine outdoors on a warm day. Would go back again.Special Features:
- Great for meal b4 PAC performance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014We were enjoying our drinks/meal before going to PAC next door...until our waitress disappeared. Food was very good ( some items a bit pricey though) but service basically stopped as son as meals were dropped off. Couldn't find waitress for a round of drinks and misc. needs and everyone we asked to find her looked bewildered. This went on for 20 mins until one of our party asked to see the Manager. Manager never showed but waitress finally came with drinks after we finished our meals. She did apologize and comp the round of drinks. Would suggest clear request when you sit down for prompt service if you have a time limit. Worth a try!Special Features:
- FaMillerVIPDined on 5/16/2014It took forever to get food, service was horrible, waiter not experienced or knowledgeable at all and manager without any personality. I felt food was expensive for the area and food was not that great. If you want good time don't waste your money find another place to dine and there are few around the area.
- What a difference a waiter makesNanaVIPDined on 5/12/2014Our Monday evening experience at Solaia was what we are accustomed to, great service, food and generally a wonderful experience. I never bothered responding to your request for a review of our meal on Sat night when we brought 5 friends since the service was awful and I didn't want to write about it. We will continue to go to Solaia because we know it's potential and we enjoy the ambiance and welcoming attitude at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Englewood gemNjMama01VIPDined on 5/7/2014Sokaiya delivers on all fronts - food and service. Homemade fettuccine was great. A bit pricey, but nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly pleased!CrinkerDined on 4/25/2014Four of us were going to a performance at the theater next door so your restaurant was in the perfect location. Your valet parking was greatly appreciated - knowing we could drive right up and not have to worry about finding a parking space. The ambiance of the restaurant is beautiful- and the food was totally delicious. Appealing menu to select from - This was our first visit but it definitely won't be our last - we loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 2-FerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Restaurant is next door to the Bergen PAC, making it ideal for dinner before the show. The braised hort ribs were some of the best I have ever had, and I order that dish whenever it appears on a menu. A bit pricey, but worth it in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Great food with an excellent selection of music. Great place, will be back.Special Features: