Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
25 East E St.
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatsolace.com/
- Phone: 7607532433x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch on Saturday: 10:30am - 3:30pm and Sunday 9:30am to 3pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matt Gordon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Sunday evening entertainment in the lounge. Please see our website for details.
A word from Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine to Coastal North County San DiegoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (22)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (12)scenic view (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- solaceSkyroneyDined on 9/19/2014Had a great time and our server was awesome. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!greatfoodDined on 9/19/2014Very good experience! Wait staff wa very friendly, attentive without smothering, and extremely helpful in their menu suggestions. Food was very well prepared, used some unique but 'just right' ingredients, and absolutely delicious. We'll certainly go back if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great looking menu!SisterchickDined on 9/7/2014I want to come back and try other menu items. The chorizo & eggs with potatoes were the best I've had, savory delicious! The cinnamon rolls, melt in your mouth delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great if you have food allergiesglutenfreeDined on 9/6/2014The service was excellent and they were super flexible about swapping out menu items and making things that fit our dietary needs. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- enjoyed itDisappointedVIPDined on 9/1/2014specially since the alternative choices were our hotels restaurant (la costa) and the broken yolk next door.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The food is awesome here, but the service was the best we have had since moving to North County. The restaurant staff went all out to ensure our dining was enjoyable. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablemeej4foodDined on 8/31/2014My party of four had Sunday brunch here and we were all impressed. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and efficient!! The food was delicious and unique. We dined on the upstairs balcony and it was comfortable. The chairs were ample, not those small metal ones you often find outside. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecclectic MenusashaBVIPDined on 8/27/2014Something for everyone at this restaurant. Innovative. Quiet downstairs - if you want to hear one another! Upstairs is the bar and noisy open room. It's beachy, yet well put together. We've been there before and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!justjayDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated my birthday at Solace & The Moonlight Lounge and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was great, the drinks were wonderful, and the food was phenomenal. The service was out of this world - probably the best service I've ever had at a local restaurant. Our server knew the menu, and made suggestions as to what she enjoyed and made the whole experience very personal. We will definitely be coming back to Solace VERY soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch -- no surpriseTroyCVIPDined on 8/23/2014S&TML once again was exceptional. We returned to S&TML for a Saturday brunch and our host seated us immediately on the upstairs outdoor patio. While we've tried numerous items of the menu before, today the special was a Bennie, but not just any Bennie. Duck Con Fit Bennie with a Cherry hollandaise. Initially I was worried as Cherry has a very distinct taste and could possibly overtake all other flavors going on. Not the case here, it was a beautiful light Cherry hollandaise. Both of our plates were clean at the end. Service & staff were attentive but not interfering. Simply a perfect Saturday Brunch.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and DrinksScottVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a great experience here. The martinis were perfect. Clam chowder better than Pacifica. Scrumptious salmon. Visually appealing restaurant with great service. The wait staff did not hover but was there when we needed them. 5 stars, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed both the food and drinks: innovative and tasty. The hostess, waiter and chef were especially accommodating to our group, seating us outside in our "private" space and making a special dish for one of the kids who is a picky eater. We very much appreciate that they went the extra mile for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for BrunchRONSVIPDined on 8/10/2014On Saturday or Sunday and enjoy all they have to offer. Lemon ricotta pancakes, breakfast burrito, eggs Benedict with a twist. Good service, cool space, really enjoyed Solace and will go back for dinner during the weekSpecial Features:
- gatorgirlDined on 8/10/2014The Hostess staff and server were most friendly and very accommodating to our needs. This was our first visit, so I can really only respond to the Brunch which was very good. The Raw Bar will be the next we try. Great location for this neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two servers--both super!SprknzdtchDined on 8/8/2014Tara and Lindsey took care of us (shift change) Friday night. They were both totally engaging and helpful. Recommendations we're right on. We love going to Solace for special occasions--friend's birthday celebration this time... Price is right. Ambiance is great. Servers are our favorite in Encinitas. Food and drinks awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!tralaVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a great addition to the Encinitas food scene. Everything was fantastic and I loved the sparkling wine flight to start off! They made it a great birthday for me.Special Features:
- Quaint Anniversary DinnerBykVikingDined on 8/7/2014We decided to celebrate our 10th Anniversary at Solace and were not disappointed. While it wasn't overly fancy or posh, it was just right for a Thursday night dinner away from the little one (even though a small baby was sat right next to us). The drink menu was rather extensive and well thought out. The service was attentive and food delivered quickly. In fact we were surprised that we were only there just over an hour. The portions were fair, and the fish was well cooked, something that's often hard to find, IMO. We'd definitely go back!Special Features:
- Service Makes The MealBreesoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our server Jason was excellent - knew the menu, took pride in his craft and greatly enhanced our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinnamon bun & mussels, enough saidOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014The cinnamon bun and mussels were TO DIE FOR!!! We also had the salmon benedict and mushroom bennie, they were ok. I would go back for Cinnamon Bun & Mussels in a heartbeat though - both so over the top delicious! Service was slow, although everyone was extremeley nice who worked there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming encinitas restaurantrioballardDined on 7/31/2014Great experience! Loved the outdoor deck. Park at the adjacent Whole Foods if you can. Street parking is challenging!Special Features:
- Great MixSeanVIPDined on 7/30/2014Solace really "has it all." The food is perfectly prepared, there are excellent wine and draft beer selections, the service is friendly and helpful and the ambiance is upscale beach. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodHungryVIPDined on 7/27/2014What a nice brunch menu. I really enjoyed our brunch and they were more than accommodating with a gluten free menu for my husband. We will be back to try more menu items. The service is top notch and the food is expertly executed. Very attentive and professional staff.Special Features:
- DeliciousaunttotwoDined on 7/22/2014I love the care and quality of the food....very fresh and nutritious. There are lots of choices, including gluten free.The burger with all the trimmings is wonderful. The tacos are great and gluten free. I recommend this!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!alovettDined on 7/13/2014Solace and the Moonlight Lounge has become one of my favorite brunch spots in Encinitas (or San Diego for that matter). Prices for brunch are very reasonable and they have quite a variety on the menu to please even the pickiest of eaters. Staff is always very attentive and quick to respond to any needs. I highly recommend this restaurant! It's one of SD's finest!Special Features:
- Carol OOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Great creative menu. Started with selection of raw oysters and moved on to ahi tartare and main course of sole with veggies. Very well prepared.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014The prices are fair and the ingredients are well-sourced but the food is just "okay." The bread pudding was dense and grainy, the burger had great beef but lacked seasoning, the bibb wedge salad had bland dressing and a lot of brown/bruised lettuce, and the sweetbreads were prepared to the texture of warm ricotta cheese in a dish filled with many other mushy items (braised kale, pickled beets, and soft chewy bacon). There's potential in a lot of the food, as the flavor combinations are very interesting and, again, the ingredients are high quality, but the chef needs to take the next step and think about how textures interact, how to properly season every part of a dish, and other subtleties that would take the food from decent to great.
- Innovative, fresh, best ingredientspandtDined on 6/30/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first experience at Solace! Appreciated their care with ingredients and local sourcing, as well as the veggie options on the menu. I chose the Sea Bass - which came out overdone and dry. :( They cheerfully took it back with many apologies, and it came out perfectly done. That experience confirmed their emphasis on friendly, customer-oriented service. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Good Food!happydinerDined on 6/18/2014We frequent this restaurant often and the food has always been delicious. The biscuits are a must. The specialty cocktails are unique and tasty. Good sized portions. Staff is always friendly and attentive. I would highly suggest eating at this restaurant and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Service sets the toneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Came for Father's Day and had great food and drinks but our server was slow and not friendly. The other staff (people who brought our food) were wonderful. I've read from other reviews that service hit or miss, with more misses. They need to address this issue. Don't plan to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The only complaint was I asked for an outside table 15 minutes before arriving and got the stock "we can't commit" and are "really busy today". When we arrived nearly all the outside tables were open so we got one. Just thought they'd have a better handle on what was going on at the time I called.Special Features:
- Great foodLove2dineVIPDined on 6/7/2014Good food. It is a little cramped. Service was good too.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceRickOceansideDined on 6/7/2014Our waiter, Mica, was the best. He knew everything about the menu and the wine, and very attentive. Solace has a great employee. The food was exceptional and excellent ambiance. We celebrated 2 birthdays that night and they helped make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014Service was a little slow, especially for a non busy weeknight. Food was so-so. No one raved about the food they ordered. Prices were also a little high for the quality.
- won't be back for a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/3/2014Two salmon were dry and overcooked. Fingerling potatoes were hard as a rock and not cooked. Kale had been mixed with something very sour and was inedible. Sauce on sea bass had been under the heat lamp too long and was baked onto the plate. Tuna tartare was ok but the avocado was brownish in color. Maybe made ahead of time. Watermelon salad was great.Special Features:
- The following 315 reviews are from the Solace & The Moonlight Lounge reviews archive.
- encifoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2014We live down the street, rarely make reservations but they are always amazing about accommodating us. We always prefer to sit upstairs as they usually have a live band and its more social up there. But on those romantic evenings, we'll grab a table downstairs in a nook somewhere. Either way the food is always amazing :)Special Features:
- A new addition to our dining placesGatewoodEaterDined on 5/11/2014Farro Saute was a new dish for me. I was very pleased. Two folks at our table had the salmon which was a bit too done, but the flavors were good. The sea bass selection was good. The sole was very good. I liked the crunchy ricotta cauliflower. Others thought it was OK. Good beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayMbirdDined on 5/11/2014I've been to Solace several times, but we've never had such a great experience as we did on Mother's Day! There were lots of attentive servers, the manager stopped by our table to say hello, there was a special menu available in addition to the regular, and the food was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerPickyEaterDined on 5/10/2014Just visiting California and read about this restaurant in USAIR magazine. Met friends who live near Encinitas and we all loved the place and our food. Great service, very friendly and efficient staff. Our friends are now going to recommend to others and they are planning to return. We just wish we could go more often ourselves. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not up to the usualHappyDinerVIPDined on 5/4/2014We visit Solace every few weeks for brunch and usually enjoy ourselves. This time, our server was not happy and it soured the experience. She didn't smile, didn't look us in the eye and barely brought us the basics. For example, I had no spoon, sweetener or milk for my tea--or even a plate/napkin to take the tea bag out once it was ready to drink. Our food was OK, but like our waitress, seemed a little lackluster compared to the usual here. For example, 2 sections of orange and 1 piece of melon does not a fruit salad make. Hopefully it was just an off day, because they are usually better than this.
- Del55Dined on 5/2/2014Great food, friendly service! Fun place I love having lunch with my girl friends at SolaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.