Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
25 East E St.
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatsolace.com/
- Phone: (760) 753-2433
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch on Saturday: 10:30am - 3:30pm and Sunday 9:30am to 3pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matt Gordon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Sunday evening entertainment in the lounge. Please see our website for details.
A word from Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine to Coastal North County San DiegoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (41)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (21)good for groups (21)special occasion (19)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (17)notable wine list (12)romantic (10)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Great spot in EncinitasJeffnAliDined on 11/17/2014We love this spot for brunch or a date. Good location, well decorated, good vibes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!LisaDined on 11/7/2014Love this place! Always a great time! Such a treasure to find a spot that is consistently good! Heading there for lunch tomorrow!Special Features:
- One of my favsFoodielovaVIPDined on 11/7/2014I will always return time and time again to this restaurant because its consistently great service, awesome food and great scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moonlight LoungeAcapulcoboldDined on 10/25/2014Perfect place to celebrate a birthday with friends. We dined on the balcony, ambiance was perfect, food and wine outstanding. A must go to joint when in Encinitas, CA.Special Features:
- UniqueUniqueDined on 10/19/2014Solace had food that was just a bit different from the usual in a good way. It was nice to have a unique dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Bad MusicBruceVIPDined on 10/19/2014I have eaten here a dozen times and the food is consistently outstanding. Service is fair to good despite constant pressure to "upgrade" your order. The last time I ate there, which will probably be the last time, the live music was beyond belief atrocious. It was loud, discordant and inescapable. I developed a headache from the music after about ten minuted. Conversation was impossible. Even the other diner looked like they had been struck in the head with a bat when the music started up. I shall return for the quality of the food, but will check first that there is no live performance that evening.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceluv2eatDined on 10/18/2014I hadn't been to Solace in years, and it did not disappoint. The service was great - from the hostess re-seating us outside without a problem, to the knowledgeable and professional server. My "noise level" rating is based on seating outside - it is a bit noisy inside. Our main courses were very good and the dessert was amazing. Good wine list, though we only ordered by the glass. Friends ordered specialty drinks. I would recommend and definitely return myself - and not wait years this time.Special Features:
- Most favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/17/2014I adore Solace & The Moonlight! The cocktails were amazing and the food was out of this world! Really great atmosphere...intimate but lively! A must!!!Special Features:
- Creative menu perfectly preparedgoodfoodwonoiseVIPDined on 10/16/2014Amazing knowledgeable pleasant server. Downstairs areas well designed; could use some sound absorbent features.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How did we miss this local spot?TimmDined on 10/12/2014We stopped by and looked at the menu when the restaurant first opened. At the time we said, we have to try this place. But like too many of us we just kept going to our regular local spots. Our anniversary was this last weekend and we wanted to have the whole family join us for a late lunch. We decided to finally try this place. Why did we wait so long?!! The decor, the food, the staff, perfect for a late afternoon lunch. The oysters were everyone's favorite. The biscuits, yep! We tried quite a few small plates and everything was excellent. The server, Raven, was pleasant, helpful with descriptions and made us feel welcome. We will be back, often. Love to find local spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once good, not nowawfulDined on 10/5/2014I've been here before, and loved it. I drove 30 miles to have tasty salmon. Unfortunately we were assigned the worst waiter ever. He acted like he was finished for the day, and couldn't wait to get rid of us (party of 2). It was my birthday, and I was really looking forward to ambiance and tasty food; unfortunately the waiter made it a bad experience and coupled with the AWFUL food I have vowed never to return. My warm spinach salad was so SOGGY; it looked like boiled spinach. The waiter should be reminded that he is not just there to make money to pay his bills, he is also there to represent the restaurant, and he is the worst experience of a waiter I've her had, so not a good rep.Special Features:
- Cardiff GemCardiffLocalYokelDined on 9/27/2014Food was fantastic and the recommendations by the waiter, Micah, were spot on. Try the Watermelon salad (oops, out of season now!). They substituted cod for the salmon in the mustard encrusted sauce ... fantastic! Standard cod is usually fit for deep fried fish-n-chips... but this was a different variety of cod and fantastic. The chocolate/caramel mouse desert was really good too! Good selection of beers and wine. Portions were of a good size. I was full, but not stuffed!Special Features:
- solaceSkyroneyDined on 9/19/2014Had a great time and our server was awesome. Food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!greatfoodDined on 9/19/2014Very good experience! Wait staff wa very friendly, attentive without smothering, and extremely helpful in their menu suggestions. Food was very well prepared, used some unique but 'just right' ingredients, and absolutely delicious. We'll certainly go back if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great looking menu!SisterchickDined on 9/7/2014I want to come back and try other menu items. The chorizo & eggs with potatoes were the best I've had, savory delicious! The cinnamon rolls, melt in your mouth delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great if you have food allergiesglutenfreeDined on 9/6/2014The service was excellent and they were super flexible about swapping out menu items and making things that fit our dietary needs. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- enjoyed itDisappointedVIPDined on 9/1/2014specially since the alternative choices were our hotels restaurant (la costa) and the broken yolk next door.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The food is awesome here, but the service was the best we have had since moving to North County. The restaurant staff went all out to ensure our dining was enjoyable. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablemeej4foodDined on 8/31/2014My party of four had Sunday brunch here and we were all impressed. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and efficient!! The food was delicious and unique. We dined on the upstairs balcony and it was comfortable. The chairs were ample, not those small metal ones you often find outside. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecclectic MenusashaBVIPDined on 8/27/2014Something for everyone at this restaurant. Innovative. Quiet downstairs - if you want to hear one another! Upstairs is the bar and noisy open room. It's beachy, yet well put together. We've been there before and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!justjayDined on 8/25/2014We celebrated my birthday at Solace & The Moonlight Lounge and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was great, the drinks were wonderful, and the food was phenomenal. The service was out of this world - probably the best service I've ever had at a local restaurant. Our server knew the menu, and made suggestions as to what she enjoyed and made the whole experience very personal. We will definitely be coming back to Solace VERY soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch -- no surpriseTroyCVIPDined on 8/23/2014S&TML once again was exceptional. We returned to S&TML for a Saturday brunch and our host seated us immediately on the upstairs outdoor patio. While we've tried numerous items of the menu before, today the special was a Bennie, but not just any Bennie. Duck Con Fit Bennie with a Cherry hollandaise. Initially I was worried as Cherry has a very distinct taste and could possibly overtake all other flavors going on. Not the case here, it was a beautiful light Cherry hollandaise. Both of our plates were clean at the end. Service & staff were attentive but not interfering. Simply a perfect Saturday Brunch.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and DrinksScottVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a great experience here. The martinis were perfect. Clam chowder better than Pacifica. Scrumptious salmon. Visually appealing restaurant with great service. The wait staff did not hover but was there when we needed them. 5 stars, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed both the food and drinks: innovative and tasty. The hostess, waiter and chef were especially accommodating to our group, seating us outside in our "private" space and making a special dish for one of the kids who is a picky eater. We very much appreciate that they went the extra mile for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for BrunchRONSVIPDined on 8/10/2014On Saturday or Sunday and enjoy all they have to offer. Lemon ricotta pancakes, breakfast burrito, eggs Benedict with a twist. Good service, cool space, really enjoyed Solace and will go back for dinner during the weekSpecial Features:
- gatorgirlDined on 8/10/2014The Hostess staff and server were most friendly and very accommodating to our needs. This was our first visit, so I can really only respond to the Brunch which was very good. The Raw Bar will be the next we try. Great location for this neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two servers--both super!SprknzdtchDined on 8/8/2014Tara and Lindsey took care of us (shift change) Friday night. They were both totally engaging and helpful. Recommendations we're right on. We love going to Solace for special occasions--friend's birthday celebration this time... Price is right. Ambiance is great. Servers are our favorite in Encinitas. Food and drinks awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!tralaVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a great addition to the Encinitas food scene. Everything was fantastic and I loved the sparkling wine flight to start off! They made it a great birthday for me.Special Features:
- Quaint Anniversary DinnerBykVikingDined on 8/7/2014We decided to celebrate our 10th Anniversary at Solace and were not disappointed. While it wasn't overly fancy or posh, it was just right for a Thursday night dinner away from the little one (even though a small baby was sat right next to us). The drink menu was rather extensive and well thought out. The service was attentive and food delivered quickly. In fact we were surprised that we were only there just over an hour. The portions were fair, and the fish was well cooked, something that's often hard to find, IMO. We'd definitely go back!Special Features:
- Service Makes The MealBreesoVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our server Jason was excellent - knew the menu, took pride in his craft and greatly enhanced our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinnamon bun & mussels, enough saidOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014The cinnamon bun and mussels were TO DIE FOR!!! We also had the salmon benedict and mushroom bennie, they were ok. I would go back for Cinnamon Bun & Mussels in a heartbeat though - both so over the top delicious! Service was slow, although everyone was extremeley nice who worked there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming encinitas restaurantrioballardDined on 7/31/2014Great experience! Loved the outdoor deck. Park at the adjacent Whole Foods if you can. Street parking is challenging!Special Features:
- Great MixSeanVIPDined on 7/30/2014Solace really "has it all." The food is perfectly prepared, there are excellent wine and draft beer selections, the service is friendly and helpful and the ambiance is upscale beach. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodHungryVIPDined on 7/27/2014What a nice brunch menu. I really enjoyed our brunch and they were more than accommodating with a gluten free menu for my husband. We will be back to try more menu items. The service is top notch and the food is expertly executed. Very attentive and professional staff.Special Features:
- The following 328 reviews are from the Solace & The Moonlight Lounge reviews archive.
- DeliciousaunttotwoDined on 7/22/2014I love the care and quality of the food....very fresh and nutritious. There are lots of choices, including gluten free.The burger with all the trimmings is wonderful. The tacos are great and gluten free. I recommend this!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!alovettDined on 7/13/2014Solace and the Moonlight Lounge has become one of my favorite brunch spots in Encinitas (or San Diego for that matter). Prices for brunch are very reasonable and they have quite a variety on the menu to please even the pickiest of eaters. Staff is always very attentive and quick to respond to any needs. I highly recommend this restaurant! It's one of SD's finest!Special Features:
- Carol OOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014Great creative menu. Started with selection of raw oysters and moved on to ahi tartare and main course of sole with veggies. Very well prepared.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014The prices are fair and the ingredients are well-sourced but the food is just "okay." The bread pudding was dense and grainy, the burger had great beef but lacked seasoning, the bibb wedge salad had bland dressing and a lot of brown/bruised lettuce, and the sweetbreads were prepared to the texture of warm ricotta cheese in a dish filled with many other mushy items (braised kale, pickled beets, and soft chewy bacon). There's potential in a lot of the food, as the flavor combinations are very interesting and, again, the ingredients are high quality, but the chef needs to take the next step and think about how textures interact, how to properly season every part of a dish, and other subtleties that would take the food from decent to great.
- Innovative, fresh, best ingredientspandtDined on 6/30/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first experience at Solace! Appreciated their care with ingredients and local sourcing, as well as the veggie options on the menu. I chose the Sea Bass - which came out overdone and dry. :( They cheerfully took it back with many apologies, and it came out perfectly done. That experience confirmed their emphasis on friendly, customer-oriented service. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Good Food!happydinerDined on 6/18/2014We frequent this restaurant often and the food has always been delicious. The biscuits are a must. The specialty cocktails are unique and tasty. Good sized portions. Staff is always friendly and attentive. I would highly suggest eating at this restaurant and you won't be disappointed.Special Features: