Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
25 East E St.
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatsolace.com/
- Phone: (760) 753-2433
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch on Saturday: 10:30am - 3:30pm and Sunday 9:30am to 3pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matt Gordon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Sunday evening entertainment in the lounge. Please see our website for details.
A word from Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine to Coastal North County San DiegoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (41)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (23)good for groups (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (19)special occasion (18)notable wine list (13)romantic (10)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Love this establishmentWestonBoucherDined on 2/14/2014Great design, solid menu, good beer choices, outstanding ambiance/perfect lighting(hardly any restaurant ever gets this right!), nice staff, interesting mixed drink choices, great apps, would love to see them do beer flights, have more on tap, more main entree selections, honeycomb and olives added to the meat/cheese boards and this place would be perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good!cjstudDined on 2/14/2014I really do love this place on a quiet night, but my fiancé and went for Valentine's Day and were disappointed. The table next to us was probably 6" away (not very private), it took them about 15-20 mins for our bottle of wine to come to the table, then I ordered a steak rare and when they put it down they said it was medium-rare which would have been fine but it was really medium to well done. Every other time everything has been absolutely perfect, excellent food but maybe not the right choice for a packed night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and sceneRobertPLDined on 2/14/2014We came here for a Valentine's dinner. Our food was excellent and our server was on top of everything. We loved the music they played too. They have an inspired cocktail menu as well. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantcaddyDined on 2/14/2014This place was great. Servers were wonderful and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far out food but a fun feel.mamatVIPDined on 2/12/2014The menu could use a few more moderate choices besides the fad items. but overall the food was very good and the service was fine. Really a fantastic burger! Prices are too high to make it a regular weekday choice but show up at happy hour and get a couple deals to save some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California Costal CasualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2014I made a reservation using Yelp as I live in Seattle and needed to punt for a business dinner. It was a perfect match for what we look for in a restaurant. Casual environment, great food, perfect wine and wonderful service. Our guest and my VP left very happy customers.
- Nice surpriseSCBrewDined on 2/9/2014My wife and I met some friends here for dinner before a concert because it was highly rated on yelp. The menu is full of great foodie options. The food was delicious and we almost forgot about our concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef cheeks!ChadDDined on 2/7/2014The beef cheeks tasted like the love child of filet and butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2014Having been to Urban Solace several times I was hoping for a similar experience, but the food was mediocre at best. Sweetbreads were simply put the worst I have ever had. They were rubbery with no seasoning and the rest of the dish was equally bland. Pork belly also unremarkable as was dessert. Dining partners equally disappointed and we will definitely not be returning.
- My husband both ordered theValexDined on 1/26/2014My husband both ordered the quinoa hazelnut burger. The burger was huge but it wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be. The fries were very good. The menu appealed to me & I'd return to try the sweetbreads appetizer, the artisan cheese & meat platter, and other of the vegetarian items. Service was fine. I will return ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSpfuzzyDined on 1/25/2014Again very happy with solace. As a local I love his place for a cocktail or for dinner. Biscuits a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014Everything was simply terrific - from the friendly and informative service to the spectacular food with attention to detail. Can't wait to go back as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Enjoyed the meat and cheese plate. Excellent variety. The cranberry bread with the fig jam and roasted pecans garnish a flair to the meat and cheese plate. Muy sabroso! Thought the dessert menu needed more of a fruit flair, would love to see a fruit tart with creme or some sorbet concoction... Other than that, will come again.Special Features:
- We all had a great time andSandyogaDined on 1/11/2014We all had a great time and the food was excellent. Great for locals too.Special Features:
- Nice birthday for my sonDavethedinerVIPDined on 1/11/2014Food was great and service was very nice - a favorite of ours in EncinitasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance but. . .OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/9/2014The food was nothing special. Steak was very tough (even though the server assured us that it wouldn't be if we ordered it medium rare). Scallop crudo was delicious but TINY portion. Burger tasted very fatty. Nothing really stood out except for the scallops. Also, we were celebrating a special occasion but nobody except for the woman who confirmed my reservation on the phone acknowledged it. A dessert would have been nice, if not for at least an acknowledgement of the special occasion from the wait staff.
- Well-prepared and fresh dishesMikeDined on 1/4/2014Though the service was a little spotty given the number of people working the house (which is a management issue, not a staff issue) I thought the food was outstanding. All the starters and salads were very well executed, fresh and flavorful. Great wine and beer list, too. The San Diego County dining scene keeps changing for the better every year. Good for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th bdayDidYouSaySteakDined on 12/30/2013I took my girlfriend here for her 25th birthday. We brought our own bottle of wine and paid the $15 cork fee which is perfectly reasonable. Started out with the mussels and tilapia tartar, both of which were amazing. Then I had the hangar steak and she had the salmon, both were cooked perfectly. I'd definitely recommend this place for a special occasion. It was romantic, not too loud, and had excellent service. I'd eat here every week, but most dishes are about $25 so we'll be coming here for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2013Delicious food, great service! Look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Bruncheat2wellVIPDined on 12/21/2013Solace provided a creative brunch. Everything was tasty and well prepared. Prices were quite reasonable for the food quality and portions. Service was relaxed, but attentive. The outdoor balcony is great on a sunny day.Special Features:
- Great stuffJimmyDined on 12/17/2013Great experience all around. We'll be back. Nice not to have to go to 30th street from North County for farm to table food.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperiencecjstudDined on 12/1/2013I've only gone to Solace twice, but both times extremely enjoyed the experience. The food is always amazing. I recommend the cheddar biscuits and the steak (but really everything appears to be great). On Sunday's they have live music which is nice. I'd also suggest the port and dessert to end our night with. Service has also been excellent.Special Features:
- Feel good food, falls shortBenhqetDined on 11/23/2013We have been going to the north park original urban solace for a while. The Encinitas version disappointed only by the absence of some of the items in urban's menu. The duck was soft and moist, served on a tasty bed of celery greens (unusual but very good). My sons farro was wonderful, just as at urban's. The stroganoff (served with a poached egg) and its fishy cousin version were tasty. A good, not too overpriced wine list and good selection of beer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricEricDined on 11/17/2013Met friends from Del Mar and they commented that they should get North more often. Didn't realize what they were missing!Special Features:
- lunching ladiesClvsDined on 11/12/2013this favorite never disappoints both in quality and uniqueness of food and service. Amazing flavors i.e. blue cheese biscuit, tomto jam, watermelon salad, smoky flavored burger, kale salad, too many favs, YUMO What more can I say...try it you'll like it.Special Features:
- Great spotMg16Dined on 11/10/2013I went there for a birthday dinner. It was wonderful! A few of us are vegetarian and they have a section on the menu for it. Most places just have salads that are vegetarian. I had the quinoa burger. It was really good. A bit dry but for having it on the menu I was happy. Their kale salad was amazing too! Sweet with a kick to it. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls' nightHappydinerDined on 10/26/2013We went here to celebrate a friend's birthday with a group of girls. Solace had a great vibe in the bar. The food and service were excellent. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindGregDined on 10/25/2013Received a recommendation for this restaurant from the staff of a hotel in Carlsbad. Passed by it on the sidewalk when we got into town and decided to look around --- just in case their were other options (again, not being familiar with the area). Every shop that we went in and asked for a restaurant recommendation was the same --- Solace & The Moonlight Lounge. Thus, our decision was made --- and we couldn't have been happier. The food was great, the service was spot on and the atmosphere was lively. We sat on the upstairs patio and although the view is of the neighboring rooftops, there is still something special about seeing the sun set on the horizon. We made it in time for Happy Hour which is a great buy. We wil be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere + Great Bloody Mary!OCAnnVIPDined on 10/20/2013First time visit was food-driven (great looking online menu) and proximity to a friend's home; what we found was a fun atmosphere with two large groups (about 10-14 ppl) gathered for birthdays. We ordered (on the server's recommendation) the cinnamon roll (which we devoured), a mushroom benedict (eggs perfectly poached) and the Kitchen Sink (pork awesomeness). I also ordered their Bloody Mary (not spicy/hot) and what I got was a hearty, peppery Bloody Mary deliciousness. Their accompanying potatoes were just okay (I'm finicky). I'd come back to try other menu items, have another bloody mary, and enjoy the cool vibe. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- DissapointingSurfDined on 10/19/2013Solace seemed like it would be a great restaurant with just the right mood. Unfortunately, like a number of restaurants these days the food was not executed well. Got the cheese and meat board to start- they barely give you any cheese; however, the meats were generous- a miss on the starter. I got the salmon, and it was underwhelming- with little to no accompanying sides- and my girlfriend got the Scallops- 3 small scallops, it was such a small serving that even she thought it was small. My advice - go there for the upstairs bar and the grilled cheese sandwich, for dinner go somewhere else- Cheers- SurferSpecial Features:
- Terrific Sunday Brunch!HappyDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2013The food (butter pecan French toast & the "kitchen sink") was amazing, the service right on and the ambiance very nice. I really appreciate that they try to use all-natural ingredients and source things locally. It increases the price a bit - but so worth it!Special Features:
- Good place to meet up with friendsFayebeDined on 10/3/2013Great at atmosphere. Lovely to have the cool bar and terrace upstairs and nice cosy restaurant downstairs. Great place to meet up with friends for a drink and a bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumhappytobethereDined on 9/20/2013The squash blossoms, biscuts, scallops, hamburger, fish, and drinks were delicious. The warm spinich salad was just okay (too rich and greasy tasting) - with all the other yummy choices on the menu, I recommend you skip the spinich salad & go for something else. Also, when you're with a large group (8-10) people, be prepared to wait a long time. However, the overall vibe is good, cool looking interior, good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative and fabulous cuisineChristineDined on 9/16/2013Chef Matt Gordon offers an incredible menu that is unique in every aspect. He takes what we think we know and adds a twist that makes each bite a new discovery. You will probably recognize most of the many items but will be pleasantly surprised at how different they are from your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch!TLCSoCalVIPDined on 9/15/2013A few of us met for brunch on Sunday around 10:00 AM. It was a very quiet, lovely time. We tried the Hot Hot Mary with the serrano infused vodka. It was delicious. My husband had the "Kitchen Sink" and I had the cheesy eggs with grits. Everything we had was great. Service was attentive. We would definitely return here for brunch!Special Features:
- Awesome spotFernandaDined on 9/14/2013Came here for my birthday. Made a reservation and the cab was late but the girls at the restaurant had bo problem with us being 15 min late. We were seated quickly in a great table. Our server was very attentive and very helful when ordering the cheeses and meats. The drinks were amazing! I ordered the cuke mule and my friends got the new drink called rosemary something...delicious. Everything has so much detail that I wont pass another chance of visiting. I also got some ice cream to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love dining at Solace!FoodietooDined on 9/13/2013We dine at Solace whenever we are in Encinitas! We love how they create wonderful and tasty Dishes using a wide variety of ingredients! Always delicious! They have a fabulous Drink and wine menu and their desserts Are absolutely delicious!!! The servers And wait staff are friendly and helpful and very Attentive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food small portionsMarKDined on 9/13/2013Loved our food, but the portions were small. That pretty much says it all. We wanted to sit inside but the temperature in the place was colder than the cool weather outside. Probably wouldn't go back since it isn't much bang for your buck. The couple next to us had a burger and it looked really good and a good size. But the portions for plates were small for the price you pay. With that said..... very yummy though.Special Features:
- Late nightCookingPartnersVIPDined on 9/11/2013Late night dinner after theater. Food quality was fine, but there was no agonizing over what to order. No must haves. Waitress was being trained, but she was friendly and competent. We sat inside upstairs, outdoor was very inviting. Would try that next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOakFindDined on 8/31/2013Not up to the standards of Urban Solace in North Park. Our entrees were quite good (lingcod) but the salad and appetizers were good but not exceptional. The service was rushed - one course was on top of you as the other was served. We had the definite impression that they were trying to turn the table and they did not listen our request to slow down the service.