3868 N Lincoln
Chicago, IL 60613Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sola-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7733273868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursdays and Fridays: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Open Nightly at 5:30pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carol Wallack
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining from 10 - 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ciara Intengan 7733273868
A word from Sola
Sola restaurant features distinctive contemporary American cuisine featuring Asian flavors made with the finest, freshest seasonal product available. Located in West Lakeview, the decor, menu and service are harmoniously designed to create exceptional dining at a comfortable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Sola reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (96)great for outdoor dining (71)special occasion (61)romantic (45)great for brunch (42)good for groups (38)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (12)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food and service was great. I will definitely return with more people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GreenScorpionDined on 10/26/2014I keep coming back to Sola for brunch! This time we had the Chilaquiles and the Ham and Cheese French Toast. I also had a Maui-Mosa (mimosa with pineapple juice). The Maui-Mosa was delicious and refreshing. The Chilaquiles were MASSIVE and the ingredients were very fresh. I do have to warn you, that the Chilaquiles do have a "medium" level of kick to them. Sola uses a red sauce and the style was definitely more casserole-y versus separate layers of ingredients, if that makes sense. For the Ham and Cheese French Toast, the ham was grilled perfectly in nice, thick slices, and I don't even like ham that much, lol. The dish was a nice combo of sweet and savory. I would definitely go back for brunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but very quietBakalarDined on 10/21/2014Food was great and drinks were great, my only critique is that the ambiance was extremely quiet. I could hear conversations across the dining room and they were whispering. A little background music would go a long way for this place. Good experience overall though. Don't count it out to try.Special Features:
- What a find!jysapVIPDined on 10/19/2014The menu is so exciting and different, in the very best way. I wanted everything, it was so hard to choose! The service is exceptional as well. Everything tasted delicious and I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- No HesitationChitownRikVIPDined on 10/19/2014Last Sunday, my wife and I spontaneously decided to go out for brunch and we decided to invite a friend of ours who we recently introduced to Sola. I simply texted "Sola brunch, you in?" and a few moments later I got his response "leaving right now!". Suffice it to say, when it comes to Sola's brunch, there's no hesitation by my friends. We went on to have another terrific meal and I chose the Ham and Cheese French toast for the first time and loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Have had consistently good dining experiences all around previously. This time, however, we were quite disappointed, with the food, and the service. One member of our party had to send back the chicken dish she order, which was visibly appeared to be unevenly cooked. Quite unfortunately, the attempt to remake the dish was unsuccessful, as she did not feel well later in the evening.
- Salmon was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Very loud room, but the food was fantastic. My wife said her salmon dish was one of the best things she has eaten all year. The kalua pork was also delicious.Special Features:
- limited menuRobsy5111Dined on 10/11/2014Trying to combine small with full entries limited the full entry menu for those of us not in to sharing our dinnerSpecial Features:
- Nice Placelfed12Dined on 10/10/2014Sola's staff was very attentive. The food was excellent and the portions were perfect. The pork appetizer with onion rings really hit the spot. Definitely a go back again restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalsaDined on 10/5/2014I've been here many times. This time I had the tuna. It was done perfectly. Also it was very tender. Diver scallops appetizer were also very tender & tasteful. The presentation for both was great.Special Features:
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The service is amazing! The ambiance is great, relaxed and welcoming. I was expecting a bit more out of the food though. We had the truffle fries, oysters and steak. The fries were honestly my favorite part of the meal. The oysters were too salty and rested on a bed of more salt. The steak was cooked PERFECTLY. It had great flavor and was very tender. It would have been much more enjoyable without the sweet sauce beneath it.Special Features:
- Excellent per usual, one small rec.KMaiDined on 10/3/2014I've lived in the neighborhood for over seven years now, and venture into Sola at least once-twice a year. I've always had excellent dining experiences here, and will continue to visit. Tried Sola's duck for he first time (I've had duck plenty in my life) and would just suggest to find a way to cut down on the salt, if possible. I know duck is a salty dish to begin with, but once the duck sausage is added into the dish, mixed with the tasty broth underneath, you're sitting on a salt mine. Just a thought, still a good dish!Special Features:
- Always delicious & creativeboomerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Carol wollack's food is consistently delicious and creative. I had a melon salad with a surprising combination of wonderful flavors. I am always happy with my meal at Sola. I cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:
- 2essenceVIPDined on 9/27/2014The ahi tuna was outstanding! The potstickers and kale salad were great, too.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had quite a few people tell us that Sola was great, so we went in with some pretty high expectations. All of those expectations were met and then some! The food is beyond excellent, our waiter was so delightful (very warm and friendly) and helpful with suggestions certain appetizers and main courses. The atmosphere is very relaxing, however we ate at 5:30, so it may get more exciting or loud later in the evening. We will definitely be back to try more food - it was hard to pick this first time around!Special Features:
- Delicious brunchLBchicagoDined on 9/27/2014Sat outside, good service. Brunch food was amazing, shared w a friend and got the short rib eggs benedict, and another version of eggs benedict only w chorizo and cornbread. SO GOOD, will def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTRSCombsDined on 9/26/2014We wanted an adult night out and visited Sola on the recommendation of friends. So glad we tried it - we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchSallyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Sola serves a wonderful brunch on the weekends. If the weather permits, the outdoor area is lovely. Wait staff (especially Brandy) is terrific and busboys are quick with the coffee refills. Always enjoy our Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014First and foremost, everything is delicious. The flavors are enhanced by innovative approaches and creative combinations. Wait staff absolutely extraordinary: knowledgeable of menu items and wine list, solicitous, friendly without being overly familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindChimiDogDined on 9/19/2014I dined alone and early so my quiet rating may not be correct, also I didn't have wine so I can not rate bar scene or wine list. The service was very good, attentive but not annoying wait staff. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sola is amazing!mellieDined on 9/18/2014Have been going to Sola for many years, always have a wonderful time. Service is super, food delicious, atmosphere classy without being stuffy. Will continue to dine here and also recommend it to anyone looking for a special place.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousMarknLaurenDined on 9/13/2014I had not been to Sola for quite some time and was happy from start to finish. The cocktails were seasonal and tasty, salad (kale) soup (mushroom) and entrees (short rib and tuna) were cooked well and very tasty. Only consideration is I felt rushed by the service staff, otherwise quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceMikeBikerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good neighborhood restaurant that is consistently reliable. Try their homemade ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeyummytummyDined on 9/7/2014food was very tasty - loved the truffle fries and the fried Brussel sprout leaves; service great, nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service ang great foodsouthportreviewsDined on 8/30/2014The service was wonderful. Warm, inviting, and not rushed. The tuna entree is one of the best in the city. My only criticism was that the scallop appetizer is not worth the price (only 2 scallops), though it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundjohne49269Dined on 8/25/2014The server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, the food was fantastic and came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than space/serviceSplendidEaterDined on 8/23/2014Met close friends for dinner. Food was great, we all had great meals. Service left something to be desired. They kept clearing our plates as soon as anyone had finishing a dish, and they were on us to order. Odd as we were at their last seating. Also the space feels very office building-y. The soft lighting helped, but the space i missing warmth and soul.Special Features:
- Relaxed Local GemPraxis2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice outdoor space, excellent burger/eclectic menu with mexican influences and super staff service too.Special Features:
- Flavorful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This is my favorite brunch spot in the city. I attempt to try something new each time, but always seem to end up with Huevos Rancheros. If you enjoy flavor, and a little zesty kick, I absolutely recommend Sola. Quick service, food served promptly, and a very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Sola is perfect date night spot, with staples on the menu I always get (Kalua Pork & Scallops) and constantly changing entrees, salads & small plates. I've never had something I did not enjoy here, service is always helpful and quick even when busy.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTiredparentsDined on 8/22/2014We went to Sola for our anniversary. We don't get to go out much now that we have a toddler so it was great to be treated to a fabulous dinner with outstanding service. The staff were all warm and friendly, the restaurant is beautiful, and the food was delicious. We fought over who got the last potato croquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ttlaDined on 8/18/2014We had a great dinner here the other night - light and delicious goat cheese stuffed squash blossoms, really yummy tuna poke, and really tasty lamb chops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Chicago's FinestciscoDined on 8/18/2014The meal at Sola was one of the best that we have had in Chicago and it's suburbs. The service was was impeccable, the presentation was nearly perfect, and the food was layers upon layers of outstanding flavors and textures. My husband had a perfectly prepared rare wagyu steak, I enjoyed the tenderest short ribs, and my son had the cheesiest grilled cheese sandwich that I have ever seen. On our budget, it is too pricey for anything but special occasions, but in the future, it will be the first place that we consider when we want to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful al fresco dinnerlilsop825VIPDined on 8/16/2014We love Sola and the great food and laid-back vibe. Allison is a wonderful server and took care of us beautifully. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sola was AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Food was awesome as expected, but the staff really set this place apart. I always like exploring new restaurants and Sola was the pick for this adventure. What a great find! Tucked away in North Center this spot was great. The decor was nice and tranquil but nothing notable. the food from appetizers to the original ice creams for dessert was awesome. Come fo food, and talk witht eh staff!Special Features:
- Best Hawaiian Fusion in Lakeviewluv2travelDined on 8/10/2014My wife + I go to Sola on a monthly basis. Very easy street meter parking with a nearby Chicago lot (and free on Sundays). It is our favorite restaurant in Chicago and has never disappointed. Their Ahi Tuna Poke, Kula Pork and clams + mussels appetizers are all very large portions. Everything on the menu is tasty + unique (pacific fusion flare). Our favorite entrees are the salmon, tuna, short ribs and duck. If I were ever invited on the PBS TV show "Check Please" ... this is the restaurant that I would bring guests to. If you like Roy's restaurants you will love Sola.Special Features:
- Suberb foodmoi13VIPDined on 8/10/2014The pea and coconut soup was delicious. The tuna preparation was out of this world. We love Hawaii and go often but never have had better Hawaiian food!Special Features:
- SolaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a delightful experience with fresh food and outstanding flavors! The quality of food is some of the best in the city. We have eaten there many times and it is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningmyfavelogoDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of three and had a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- sola restauranteasylivingmanDined on 8/8/2014Good atmosphere, ambience, and vibe. great food, the short ribs were tasty, scallops with baby Brussels sprouts great, and bartender poured a generous cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.