3868 N Lincoln
Chicago, IL 60613Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sola-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7733273868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursdays and Fridays: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Open Nightly at 5:30pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carol Wallack
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining from 10 - 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ciara Intengan 7733273868
A word from Sola
Sola restaurant features distinctive contemporary American cuisine featuring Asian flavors made with the finest, freshest seasonal product available. Located in West Lakeview, the decor, menu and service are harmoniously designed to create exceptional dining at a comfortable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Sola reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (106)great for outdoor dining (82)special occasion (72)romantic (51)good for groups (40)great for brunch (38)kid-friendly (27)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (14)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Always delicious & creativeboomerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Carol wollack's food is consistently delicious and creative. I had a melon salad with a surprising combination of wonderful flavors. I am always happy with my meal at Sola. I cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:
- 2essenceVIPDined on 9/27/2014The ahi tuna was outstanding! The potstickers and kale salad were great, too.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had quite a few people tell us that Sola was great, so we went in with some pretty high expectations. All of those expectations were met and then some! The food is beyond excellent, our waiter was so delightful (very warm and friendly) and helpful with suggestions certain appetizers and main courses. The atmosphere is very relaxing, however we ate at 5:30, so it may get more exciting or loud later in the evening. We will definitely be back to try more food - it was hard to pick this first time around!Special Features:
- Delicious brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Sat outside, good service. Brunch food was amazing, shared w a friend and got the short rib eggs benedict, and another version of eggs benedict only w chorizo and cornbread. SO GOOD, will def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTRSCombsDined on 9/26/2014We wanted an adult night out and visited Sola on the recommendation of friends. So glad we tried it - we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchSallyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Sola serves a wonderful brunch on the weekends. If the weather permits, the outdoor area is lovely. Wait staff (especially Brandy) is terrific and busboys are quick with the coffee refills. Always enjoy our Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014First and foremost, everything is delicious. The flavors are enhanced by innovative approaches and creative combinations. Wait staff absolutely extraordinary: knowledgeable of menu items and wine list, solicitous, friendly without being overly familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindChimiDogDined on 9/19/2014I dined alone and early so my quiet rating may not be correct, also I didn't have wine so I can not rate bar scene or wine list. The service was very good, attentive but not annoying wait staff. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sola is amazing!mellieDined on 9/18/2014Have been going to Sola for many years, always have a wonderful time. Service is super, food delicious, atmosphere classy without being stuffy. Will continue to dine here and also recommend it to anyone looking for a special place.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousMarknLaurenDined on 9/13/2014I had not been to Sola for quite some time and was happy from start to finish. The cocktails were seasonal and tasty, salad (kale) soup (mushroom) and entrees (short rib and tuna) were cooked well and very tasty. Only consideration is I felt rushed by the service staff, otherwise quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeyummytummyDined on 9/7/2014food was very tasty - loved the truffle fries and the fried Brussel sprout leaves; service great, nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service ang great foodsouthportreviewsDined on 8/30/2014The service was wonderful. Warm, inviting, and not rushed. The tuna entree is one of the best in the city. My only criticism was that the scallop appetizer is not worth the price (only 2 scallops), though it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundjohne49269Dined on 8/25/2014The server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, the food was fantastic and came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than space/serviceSplendidEaterDined on 8/23/2014Met close friends for dinner. Food was great, we all had great meals. Service left something to be desired. They kept clearing our plates as soon as anyone had finishing a dish, and they were on us to order. Odd as we were at their last seating. Also the space feels very office building-y. The soft lighting helped, but the space i missing warmth and soul.Special Features:
- Relaxed Local GemPraxis2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice outdoor space, excellent burger/eclectic menu with mexican influences and super staff service too.Special Features:
- Flavorful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This is my favorite brunch spot in the city. I attempt to try something new each time, but always seem to end up with Huevos Rancheros. If you enjoy flavor, and a little zesty kick, I absolutely recommend Sola. Quick service, food served promptly, and a very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Sola is perfect date night spot, with staples on the menu I always get (Kalua Pork & Scallops) and constantly changing entrees, salads & small plates. I've never had something I did not enjoy here, service is always helpful and quick even when busy.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerTiredparentsDined on 8/22/2014We went to Sola for our anniversary. We don't get to go out much now that we have a toddler so it was great to be treated to a fabulous dinner with outstanding service. The staff were all warm and friendly, the restaurant is beautiful, and the food was delicious. We fought over who got the last potato croquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ttlaDined on 8/18/2014We had a great dinner here the other night - light and delicious goat cheese stuffed squash blossoms, really yummy tuna poke, and really tasty lamb chops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Chicago's FinestciscoDined on 8/18/2014The meal at Sola was one of the best that we have had in Chicago and it's suburbs. The service was was impeccable, the presentation was nearly perfect, and the food was layers upon layers of outstanding flavors and textures. My husband had a perfectly prepared rare wagyu steak, I enjoyed the tenderest short ribs, and my son had the cheesiest grilled cheese sandwich that I have ever seen. On our budget, it is too pricey for anything but special occasions, but in the future, it will be the first place that we consider when we want to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful al fresco dinnerlilsop825VIPDined on 8/16/2014We love Sola and the great food and laid-back vibe. Allison is a wonderful server and took care of us beautifully. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sola was AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Food was awesome as expected, but the staff really set this place apart. I always like exploring new restaurants and Sola was the pick for this adventure. What a great find! Tucked away in North Center this spot was great. The decor was nice and tranquil but nothing notable. the food from appetizers to the original ice creams for dessert was awesome. Come fo food, and talk witht eh staff!Special Features:
- Best Hawaiian Fusion in Lakeviewluv2travelDined on 8/10/2014My wife + I go to Sola on a monthly basis. Very easy street meter parking with a nearby Chicago lot (and free on Sundays). It is our favorite restaurant in Chicago and has never disappointed. Their Ahi Tuna Poke, Kula Pork and clams + mussels appetizers are all very large portions. Everything on the menu is tasty + unique (pacific fusion flare). Our favorite entrees are the salmon, tuna, short ribs and duck. If I were ever invited on the PBS TV show "Check Please" ... this is the restaurant that I would bring guests to. If you like Roy's restaurants you will love Sola.Special Features:
- Suberb foodmoi13VIPDined on 8/10/2014The pea and coconut soup was delicious. The tuna preparation was out of this world. We love Hawaii and go often but never have had better Hawaiian food!Special Features:
- SolaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a delightful experience with fresh food and outstanding flavors! The quality of food is some of the best in the city. We have eaten there many times and it is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningmyfavelogoDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of three and had a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- sola restauranteasylivingmanDined on 8/8/2014Good atmosphere, ambience, and vibe. great food, the short ribs were tasty, scallops with baby Brussels sprouts great, and bartender poured a generous cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great way to end the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014We sat outside, had a great cocktail, chatted with neighbors walking by and then had a great meal. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food & atmosphereChoobiVIPDined on 8/6/2014Not great food. excellent service. very pricey for what you get. Interior feels like a dressed up cafeteria.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014The food was fabulous. We were a party of five. We shared Tuna Poke and Wagyu steak tartar as appetizers and they were delicious. Three of us had the tuna for our entrée and it was cooked perfectly. One person had the Wagyu burger with truffle parmesan fries and one person had Wagyu steak tartar with a side of Mac n cheese for her entrée. Also the flat bread they serve at the table is delicious. The service was very efficient but we never felt rushed. The food was outstanding and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Love the fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Everytime I have been here I have been extremely satisfied with the food and service. The staff is very knowledgable about the menu and can speak to their preferences and the chef's preferences. They truly provide a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCharlieGDined on 7/29/2014been a few times, always good food, good service, nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!AndreaDined on 7/27/2014Dinner was amazing; the food was delicious and our server was attentive. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ONLY FOODKittenDined on 7/26/2014Food is probably the best thing I can say about this restaurant. Food is really great there. Service and environment are not as good as I expected. No scenic view. Ignored by servers many times. Neither quiet nor romantic this place is. Don't go with your boyfriend, go with friends!Special Features:
- Go There: do not pas goLovetoeatDined on 7/26/2014As always, every dish for all four of us was super. Everyone enjoyed everything. And our server, Pete, made the evening even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Have been here a handful of times for friend brunches, friend dinners, dinner dates....never disappoints! Food is excellent, along with the service. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Uniquelfed12Dined on 7/18/2014Sola's menu has unique flavors. The portions are great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerChiJVIPDined on 7/18/2014Surprisingly, Sola presented us with an amuse after we ordered. I don't think of the restaurant as that "type" of restaurant, but it is. The food was really interesting and delicious. There were lots of seasonal choices and also many dishes that appeared to be standards. The coconut salad was full of vibrant flavors. The hangar steak was absolutely delicious and I wish I could have eaten more of my friend's dish! I had the duck and the rice was a little odd (though I still cleaned my plate). Our appetizers and other dinners were all great. Desserts were great and very reasonably priced. We enjoyed the outdoor seating, terrific service and great food. Inside a bigger group and many other tables were having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soladineat7Dined on 7/12/2014Very vibrant and a fun place to dine. The food is outstanding! We had the salmon and the special was halibut which was incredible!! The brussel sprouts were superb as well as the parmesan fries. The service from our waiter was attentive and he gave us some great insight and advice when ordering. We have been to Sola before on several occasions and have enjoyed it immensely. The only drawbacks were the parking as there was no valet on this visit and the noise level which made it difficult to hear and carry on any type of conversation. If that could be contained somehow it would be great.Special Features:
- dinnershuzyVIPDined on 7/12/2014the food is always good, but the service was a bit confusing, and, as always, it's very, very noisy because of all the bare surfaces. I like a buzz and bustle, but shouting through an entire dinner is unpleasant.Special Features: