3868 N Lincoln
Chicago, IL 60613Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sola-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (773) 327-3868
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursdays and Fridays: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Open Nightly at 5:30pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carol Wallack
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining from 10 - 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ciara Intengan 7733273868
A word from Sola
Sola restaurant features distinctive contemporary American cuisine featuring Asian flavors made with the finest, freshest seasonal product available. Located in West Lakeview, the decor, menu and service are harmoniously designed to create exceptional dining at a comfortable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sola reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (104)special occasion (69)great for outdoor dining (60)romantic (46)good for groups (44)great for brunch (44)kid-friendly (24)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always DelightfulSandynTheoVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is our third visit to Sola and we have enjoyed it every time. This time our kids joined us when they came in from college. Between us all we tried 4 different entrees and appetizers. Highlights for appetizers were the eel, pot stickers and steak tartare. For dinner we had duck, burger, fish and short ribs. All were delicious except for the duck. Overall the duck, inclusive of sides was just average at best. Deserts were all good and we expecially like their gelato list. Just be aware that the restaurant is really loud. If your group has more than 4 people you may not be able to converse easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TraditionJwestDined on 11/22/2014We come here every year for our anniversary - and this year we really for the VIP treatment. Food and service was amazing as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationDesireeDined on 11/22/2014Went to Sola as a Thanksgiving Celebration with Friends; even though we had reservations our party had to wait almost 30 minutes to be seated. The hostess told us guests were coming late? and did not know how long the wait would be and that made us unhappy considering we had reservations and also considering the price of the restaurant which made it a special occasion place for us. That being said, the food was outstanding and the service was excellent. However, the noise level was too energetic and we could not hear our parties' conversation. This was disappointing as Sola has always been our go to restaurant but it will no longer be on a Saturday night around 7PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fine food find!EtowneaterDined on 11/21/2014Before seeing The Humans at American Theater Co it was a great find for dinner before the play. The tuna poke and the scallops were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcgrew23Dined on 11/18/2014Dinner here with my sister on a sub-zero degree night. Left warm, happy, and pleasantly full. Delicious meal - scallop appetizer is a must-try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful food, overbusy staffGreenScorpionDined on 11/9/2014I've been to Sola many times and enjoyed the food. This time was for brunch @ 10:30am on a Sunday and the place was packed. Unfortunately, they appeared to also be short-staffed, as the owner was very graciously assisting with bringing out the dishes. That said, we ordered the Masaladas (Portugese doughnuts) which are always delicious, the Waygu Steak and Eggs (steak flavor was amazing, but the meat was tough and not what I expected out of Waygu meat). Also, the server did not bring me a steak knife and was nowhere to be found to request one, so my boyfriend ended up just taking a steak knife from the waitstaff station for me. We also had the Egg Sandwich which comes with yummy hashbrowns (they can be ordered as a side, too).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousMeredithDined on 11/5/2014What a great night. The quality and presentation of our meals didn't disappoint. We had excellent service and our son with a special diet was cared for too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PacoDined on 11/2/2014Very different than any other place, great quality from drinks to desserts.Special Features:
- Very good!MikeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Very good food with interesting selections! Gem in the neighborhood. Go check it outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasure to the PalateRum4DesertDined on 11/1/2014The main course was excellent from the duck to the salmon. The mussels were tasty but so small they were hard to find. Service was professional but tended to disappear for blocks of time. Tip: Order food soon after arrival if they are busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing.NancyBVIPDined on 11/1/2014This is best restaurant that we can always get into. I don't know why it isn't packed every night. Lucky for us. My faves are the tuna poke and the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Short RibsbbqexpertDined on 11/1/2014I came here for the short ribs, I got the short ribs, and while they've changed the menu item slightly, it was still phenomenal. Started the meal off with oysters, they were great, only one was a bit gritty, the rest were perfect. My bf ordered the burger, and was not a huge fan, but thought it was decent. Ordered cookies for dessert, and the lemon bars were amazing. Overall we were quite happy with our dinner. Service was super fast but not too fast and very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnjwong5636Dined on 10/26/2014The food and service was great. I will definitely return with more people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GreenScorpionDined on 10/26/2014I keep coming back to Sola for brunch! This time we had the Chilaquiles and the Ham and Cheese French Toast. I also had a Maui-Mosa (mimosa with pineapple juice). The Maui-Mosa was delicious and refreshing. The Chilaquiles were MASSIVE and the ingredients were very fresh. I do have to warn you, that the Chilaquiles do have a "medium" level of kick to them. Sola uses a red sauce and the style was definitely more casserole-y versus separate layers of ingredients, if that makes sense. For the Ham and Cheese French Toast, the ham was grilled perfectly in nice, thick slices, and I don't even like ham that much, lol. The dish was a nice combo of sweet and savory. I would definitely go back for brunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but very quietBakalarDined on 10/21/2014Food was great and drinks were great, my only critique is that the ambiance was extremely quiet. I could hear conversations across the dining room and they were whispering. A little background music would go a long way for this place. Good experience overall though. Don't count it out to try.Special Features:
- What a find!jysapVIPDined on 10/19/2014The menu is so exciting and different, in the very best way. I wanted everything, it was so hard to choose! The service is exceptional as well. Everything tasted delicious and I will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- No HesitationChitownRikVIPDined on 10/19/2014Last Sunday, my wife and I spontaneously decided to go out for brunch and we decided to invite a friend of ours who we recently introduced to Sola. I simply texted "Sola brunch, you in?" and a few moments later I got his response "leaving right now!". Suffice it to say, when it comes to Sola's brunch, there's no hesitation by my friends. We went on to have another terrific meal and I chose the Ham and Cheese French toast for the first time and loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Have had consistently good dining experiences all around previously. This time, however, we were quite disappointed, with the food, and the service. One member of our party had to send back the chicken dish she order, which was visibly appeared to be unevenly cooked. Quite unfortunately, the attempt to remake the dish was unsuccessful, as she did not feel well later in the evening.
- Salmon was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Very loud room, but the food was fantastic. My wife said her salmon dish was one of the best things she has eaten all year. The kalua pork was also delicious.Special Features:
- limited menuRobsy5111Dined on 10/11/2014Trying to combine small with full entries limited the full entry menu for those of us not in to sharing our dinnerSpecial Features:
- Nice Placelfed12Dined on 10/10/2014Sola's staff was very attentive. The food was excellent and the portions were perfect. The pork appetizer with onion rings really hit the spot. Definitely a go back again restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalsaDined on 10/5/2014I've been here many times. This time I had the tuna. It was done perfectly. Also it was very tender. Diver scallops appetizer were also very tender & tasteful. The presentation for both was great.Special Features:
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The service is amazing! The ambiance is great, relaxed and welcoming. I was expecting a bit more out of the food though. We had the truffle fries, oysters and steak. The fries were honestly my favorite part of the meal. The oysters were too salty and rested on a bed of more salt. The steak was cooked PERFECTLY. It had great flavor and was very tender. It would have been much more enjoyable without the sweet sauce beneath it.Special Features:
- Excellent per usual, one small rec.KMaiDined on 10/3/2014I've lived in the neighborhood for over seven years now, and venture into Sola at least once-twice a year. I've always had excellent dining experiences here, and will continue to visit. Tried Sola's duck for he first time (I've had duck plenty in my life) and would just suggest to find a way to cut down on the salt, if possible. I know duck is a salty dish to begin with, but once the duck sausage is added into the dish, mixed with the tasty broth underneath, you're sitting on a salt mine. Just a thought, still a good dish!Special Features:
- Always delicious & creativeboomerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Carol wollack's food is consistently delicious and creative. I had a melon salad with a surprising combination of wonderful flavors. I am always happy with my meal at Sola. I cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:
- 2essenceVIPDined on 9/27/2014The ahi tuna was outstanding! The potstickers and kale salad were great, too.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had quite a few people tell us that Sola was great, so we went in with some pretty high expectations. All of those expectations were met and then some! The food is beyond excellent, our waiter was so delightful (very warm and friendly) and helpful with suggestions certain appetizers and main courses. The atmosphere is very relaxing, however we ate at 5:30, so it may get more exciting or loud later in the evening. We will definitely be back to try more food - it was hard to pick this first time around!Special Features:
- Delicious brunchLBchicagoDined on 9/27/2014Sat outside, good service. Brunch food was amazing, shared w a friend and got the short rib eggs benedict, and another version of eggs benedict only w chorizo and cornbread. SO GOOD, will def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTRSCombsDined on 9/26/2014We wanted an adult night out and visited Sola on the recommendation of friends. So glad we tried it - we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchSallyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Sola serves a wonderful brunch on the weekends. If the weather permits, the outdoor area is lovely. Wait staff (especially Brandy) is terrific and busboys are quick with the coffee refills. Always enjoy our Sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014First and foremost, everything is delicious. The flavors are enhanced by innovative approaches and creative combinations. Wait staff absolutely extraordinary: knowledgeable of menu items and wine list, solicitous, friendly without being overly familiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindChimiDogDined on 9/19/2014I dined alone and early so my quiet rating may not be correct, also I didn't have wine so I can not rate bar scene or wine list. The service was very good, attentive but not annoying wait staff. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sola is amazing!mellieDined on 9/18/2014Have been going to Sola for many years, always have a wonderful time. Service is super, food delicious, atmosphere classy without being stuffy. Will continue to dine here and also recommend it to anyone looking for a special place.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousMarknLaurenDined on 9/13/2014I had not been to Sola for quite some time and was happy from start to finish. The cocktails were seasonal and tasty, salad (kale) soup (mushroom) and entrees (short rib and tuna) were cooked well and very tasty. Only consideration is I felt rushed by the service staff, otherwise quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choiceMikeBikerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very good neighborhood restaurant that is consistently reliable. Try their homemade ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeyummytummyDined on 9/7/2014food was very tasty - loved the truffle fries and the fried Brussel sprout leaves; service great, nice ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service ang great foodsouthportreviewsDined on 8/30/2014The service was wonderful. Warm, inviting, and not rushed. The tuna entree is one of the best in the city. My only criticism was that the scallop appetizer is not worth the price (only 2 scallops), though it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundjohne49269Dined on 8/25/2014The server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, the food was fantastic and came out in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than space/serviceSplendidEaterDined on 8/23/2014Met close friends for dinner. Food was great, we all had great meals. Service left something to be desired. They kept clearing our plates as soon as anyone had finishing a dish, and they were on us to order. Odd as we were at their last seating. Also the space feels very office building-y. The soft lighting helped, but the space i missing warmth and soul.Special Features:
- Relaxed Local GemPraxis2013VIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice outdoor space, excellent burger/eclectic menu with mexican influences and super staff service too.Special Features: