Sol Azteca Restaurant
914A Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Sol Azteca Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.solaztecarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 6172620909
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Santos Vaquerano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can deliver Mexican food to your place of work or party. Please ask to speak with Luis (617) 262-0909 to make arrangements.
- Private Party Facilities: Upon request we can arrange a private party room on most days, accommodating up to 55 people. A special menu will be created for your party. Please ask to speak with Luis to make arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Luis Carvajal 6172620909
A word from Sol Azteca Restaurant
As one of the oldest mom-and-pop Mexican restaurants in Boston, Sol Azteca continues to bring you authentic Mexican food in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We are proud to use many fresh ingredients, sauces made daily, hand-made desserts, and some of the tastiest margaritas around-including pomegranate! We look forward to making your dining experience memorable!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sol Azteca Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Real Mexican Food!IEatFoodDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I live in Arizona and when we are in town, we always hit Sol Azteca or REAL Mexican food. I love everything on the whole menu and my wife especially loves the pollo cilantro. You know everything is freshly made and nothing comes from a can. It is a great place to have dinner before a Sox game. Just a short walk to Fenway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I rememberedbusycmrDined on 5/17/2014It has been years since I had been to this restaurant. I used to think this was such a special place, maybe it was or I was just young! Went to Sol Azteca before a Sox game. It was not crowded but there was a large group celebrating and they were very loud. That wasn't bad I don't mind celebrating but imagine a totally full restaurant! Despite the fact that the restaurant wasn't full, service was very slow for everything drinks, water, food. Food is still decent and reasonable for the amount you get. Overall an ok dinner.Special Features:
- Can't recommendPaul2Dined on 5/5/2014Food was very poor, hardly warm. Enchiladas were $15 and not worth it. Service was slow, disorganized, margaritas were watery. If you want Mexican food, go somewhere elsewhere.
- rebeccaiVIPDined on 5/3/2014a little disappointed in the appetizer selections but the soups were delicious. entrees also excellent. and great selection on kids menu was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice people, bland foodjustZfaxDined on 4/26/2014The restaurant was serviceable, and the staff extremely cordial. Despite using lots of salt (too much!) the food was rather bland. Prices seen quite high for the value of the food. The ambience did suggest Mexico, however.
- Awesome!PongoDined on 4/20/2014My partners birthday dinner was memorable and we were taken care of. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican foodsjgahhVIPDined on 4/12/2014We all enjoyed dinner at this restaurant. My only comment was the ceviche was rather bland. But after being in LA where Mexican food is so fantastic maybe this isn't a fair comparison. Beware however, parking on the street csn be a disaster. We did not see any sign that the parking was for residents. I mean they had parking meters which we filled correctly and somehow managed to get a ticket. Guess the city needs money,Special Features:
- Delightful mealJojoVIPDined on 4/8/2014Free Chips and Salsa with any emtree ordered. Excellent sangria, sopa de pollo y arroz ( Chicken soup with rice ), and mouthwatering tacos fritas with ground beef. A mainstay in Boston and so close to Fenway Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend this restaurantYAYITADined on 4/5/2014Would not recommend this restaurant the food was not the greatest our chicken was not cooked completely and too over priced.
- The food was just excellent.NHfoodieDined on 4/5/2014The food was just excellent. Then menu was interesting and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beRBNYCVIPDined on 4/4/2014Sol Azteca used to be a staple "go to" restaurant but the quality of the food has declined considerably. Our waiter was great and made the evening, but I have been very disappointed my past few visits.
- Sol AztecafayeDined on 4/4/2014We used to live in Boston in the 70's. Can you imagine our surprise that Sol Azteca was still serving their great Sangria and guacamole. Glad we found them again. Nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let's you downTurtle1VIPDined on 4/4/2014We have been going to Sol Azteca since they opened. It has never let us down. Best true Mexican food, great service, and our family favorite forever!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Slow service and mediocre food. Better choices abound.
- Staff very accommodating asbrooklinebabushkaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Staff very accommodating as we originally made reservation for 6 and wound up with 9. Food consistently good. Fish tacos very tasty.Special Features:
- Good Food & ServiceTK11VIPDined on 3/29/2014Went early on Saturday day niught with our 2 kids (7&4). The service staff was very attentive and polite. They even had a kids menu. The food was good, could have used more color on my enchilada mole poblano plate, but the meal was delicious. My husband and friend both had the steak & shrimp fajitas, tasty, but didn't come out sizzling as you would expect at other chain like restaurants. Their homemade salsa and chips is delicious. The place lacks in ambience, but has a lot of potential to improve. Its a good place to go if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okaydiveau12Dined on 3/21/2014The margaritas are clearly from a cheap mix. I thought I was drinking some type of cleaning detergent. Stick with the bear. The salsa is pretty good if you doctor it with limes and salt. The entree's were tasty. I wasn't blown out of the water or extremely underwhelmed either. I just thought there could be a better blend of spices in the food.
- Yummy Mexican foodJenRDined on 3/15/2014We had a delicious dinner here on Saturday. Food was awesome. Service was good. And the restaurant is very fun and inviting. Plus we had a cozy little table right by the window!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GatheringsusieqDined on 3/12/2014Sol Azteca was a great place to gather and share delicious food and drink. Margaritas are tasty. We liked the nachos and guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning to BrooklineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014We were back after 25 years since we lived in Brookline.I Chicken mole and cilantro shrimp was still the same excellent quality! We would not recommend the standard margarita (recommend upgrading). The overall value is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mexican-reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014The review title says it all. We would suggest checking it out. Great choice for dinner with family and/or friends.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceJET9Dined on 2/22/2014We had a reservation for 8:00 pm on a Saturday night and were seated after only a few minutes. We waited about 15 minutes before the waitress came to take our drink order. She told us they were out of all soft drinks. We ordered our food and the waitress told us they were out of guacamole. What Mexican restaurant is out of guacamole? After waiting another 30 minutes, the waitress came back and said they were out of cheese for the item my son had ordered. We cancelled his order. The food finally came about 15 minutes later. During the meal the waitress never came back to ask if the food was okay or if we wanted another drink. I hadn't been to Sol Azteca in years and will not return again any time soon.Special Features:
- ReviewDiner99Dined on 2/19/2014Service was slow like the reviews suggested. However the staff was pleasant and accommodating for a small group of 7 people. Food was good. Sangria was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent TimeSusaDined on 2/1/2014Excellent meals and excellent time at Sol Azteca, as usual. Amazing salsa and sangria. Delicious mole sauce. Love the atmosphere!Special Features:
- Always a favoriteFenwayResidentDined on 1/15/2014Solid food, comfortable setting, hidden find. Always enjoy coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MexicanDinerDined on 12/12/2013Have gone here over the years and appreciate the great house margaritas, people and service, a consistently delicious food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD...MoneekcDined on 12/8/2013The food and service was GREAT so was the prices. There were three of us that after seeing "The I Love Lucy Show, Live on Stage" and one of us has a gluten allergy. This restaurant is gluten free too. So if you like Mexican and in the area definitely try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mexican - goodMikeDined on 12/7/2013nice place; sangria was great. food was very good. nice people. enjoyed it a lot .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, not too salty, GF Mexicanmom2tristanVIPDined on 11/30/2013I love this place. Food is good -- reasonable portion to price ratio. The food is excellent -- not too salty, well seasoned, and generally very authentic. The mole sauce is excellent. The guacamole is fabulous. The red wine sangria is divine. The service can be a bit slow, so this isn't a great spot to go if you're in a rush. It IS, however, a great place for groups, as they have several seating areas and tables can easily be pushed together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!marcoVIPDined on 11/22/2013Food, drinks are all so good! So authentic, not trendy...which is a breath of fresh air from most of Boston's restaurant. Great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a quick bite, margaritaspartyofoneandthensomeVIPDined on 11/22/2013For a casual place to grab some decent food and great margaritas, this fit our needs just fine. Nothing superb, but a nice spread of menu options and a casual atmosphere.
- Authentic Mexicanchicopee5Dined on 11/16/2013A group of us ate here before a show. The food was authentic, drinks strong and service fast. All at a great price, definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sol Azteca BrooklinePeteDined on 11/9/2013Always good for groups and with kids. I like that they give you the option to combine items on the menu. Service can be slow at times and not all the dinners come out at once but the food is very good and authentic in flavor and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Soup !BCdinerDined on 11/9/2013Had the chicken jalapeno soup on the special menu not sure if this is the regular soup they always have or not but this was special. The broth was so delicious I would of had them keep bring bowls of this and forgo my entree but the entrees were good too!Special Features:
- Still GreatDaveDined on 11/8/2013I haven't been to Sol Azteca for 15 years and it seems nothing has changed...which is a good thing. Great "traditional" Mexican favorites with a few foodie oriented entrees. I stuck with the old faithfuls of enchiladas and chiles rellenos and was not disappointed.
- Best Mexican in NortheastPWB12Dined on 11/1/2013This was a euphoric experience. The good was amazing, the people were nice, and the eclectic scene was comforting. First, the food: everything we ordered was better than the next. The two of us were "over served," meaning we had to bring everything home bc we kept adding to the mean. We even ordered a second Camarines al Cilantro just to bring home! This is the best Mexican dish I have ever had. The staff could not be nicer. It seemed like they all ran the joint, and knew everything about the food, even that the salsa was prepared slightly hotter that evening! How cool! The setting is extremely authentic. Best food I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican FoodFoodeeDined on 10/27/2013Great Food, service was awesome. Menu was very diverse. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodmarcoVIPDined on 10/26/2013A great neighborhood spot with friendly staff, amazing food. The quality of the ingredients are outstanding...very authentic! The margaritas by far I think are the strongest in Boston! =0)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican foodDIS1Dined on 10/24/2013Sol Azteca is as good as there is in Boston for Mexican food. It was a little noisy, partly because there were a lot of Sox fans there on their way to game 2 of the World Series. I always enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still wonderful after all this timeannesjkDined on 10/18/2013My husband and I started going to Sol Azteca the week it opened, as we lived around the corner. As we moved out of the neighborhood, this was the first time we brought our two children. Everyone ordered something different, and it was all fantastic. This is a warm comfortable and delicious restaurant.Special Features: