8787 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soifour.com/
- Phone: 4807781999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday:11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private upper Mezzanine dining area for 40 people maximum above overlooking the main floor dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Kin Lum 9253306001
A word from Soi Four
From the Siri Group, a family business that owns and operates four highly acclaimed restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area; the original Sweet Basil Thai Restaurant, Basil Thai Restaurant and Bar, Basil Canteen and Soi Four Bangkok Eatery is proud to bring our newest addition Soi Four Bangkok Eatery to Scottsdale. "Soi" is a Thai word for side streets or alleyways that, together, form the essential lifeline that makes up the fabric of Bangkok city. Like the city, our menu is a modern take on the traditional through the use of fresh local ingredients, sustainable practice, and creative approach to authentic Thai dishes. At Soi 4, we also offer Thai inspired artisanal cocktails and a wide variety of local and imported beers. ….influenced, accented, tinged, anything but "fusion'. We like to see it as a beginning of something interesting. Chai yo – Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Soi Four reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (9)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)romantic (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome eating ExperienceolderviewVIPDined on 9/7/2014This could easily be the best Thai restaurant in Arizona. The food is light and delicious. It is delicate, yet satisfying. I can't say enough good about each meal that I have eaten there.Special Features:
- Excellent ThainewtophoenixDined on 8/9/2014This is our second visit to Soi Four & we really like the food, as did our friends who were trying it for the first time. We all ordered the appetizer in mustard leaves (again) & loved the combination of flavors. Our companions ordered the curry duck and enjoyed it and we all had pad Thai which, in our humble opinion, was lovely. Sometimes this dish can be cloyingly sweet, but Soi Four's has a nice balance. We also ordered a steak dish which was fine, but not our favorite. Our group has some dietary (and taste) restrictions and the server was very accommodating in making adjustments to the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014This was the second time I had dined at this restaurant and it was great! The food is delicious, service is great and I love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teriffic!AZJoeDined on 8/2/2014Great, high-quality and fresh food! Authentic Thai flavors. Very friendly service. Extremely interesting drink menu. Loved this place and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soi 4 never disappoints!eatingout4funDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I have been here a few times and we always have a fabulous meal. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. Portion sizes aren't enormous, so you leave feeling pleasantly full, not overstuffed. We had the green papaya salad for the first time, which was yummy! I followed this with the chicken-stuffed eggplant.... I don't even usually like eggplant, but this was amazing! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = SpectacularstillneedasushifixVIPDined on 7/26/2014Husband loves Thai. Decided to try Soi Four. Drove around Gainey Village for 5 solid minutes. Had trouble finding it, b/c it's tucked away beside a nail salon. I thought in my head, ugh! But, the second we walked in, the smell was incredible. Most seating is chairs. I had read another review that said they were uncomfortable, so I asked for a table against the window, which has a long (shared) bench with pillows. We were given water the second we sat, but the server took a really long time to great us, as she was a little busy. We actually needed the time to read the interesting menu. Ordered the pork dumplings, calamari, duck, and pork shoulder. Our expectations were EXCEEDED with each dish! And, I'm a picky mess... Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- SEE BELOWDINNERDined on 7/16/2014GREAT RESTAURANT. We loved the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The only negative is the chairs (seats). They are uncomfortable and all of us agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TastesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014Wonderful selection of small plates with incredibly exotic and tasty selections. The Mojito was excellent also.Special Features:
- Soi 4OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2014Wonderful thai. Unique menu is very creative. Attentive service. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Great food!MrniceguyDined on 6/19/2014Best Thai food around and great customer service! Prices are great and they have the best Thai tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just outstandingolderviewVIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is some of the best Thai food I have had. Each dish is prepared delicately. Delicately in appearance and flavorings. In addition the prices are reasonable. I've eaten there several times and have been delighted each time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemluncherciserVIPDined on 6/15/2014Ask your server what to order and you can't go wrong. My friend was visiting and he's traveled the world and said this place was GREAT.Special Features:
- Terrific, as alwayslovinsunshineVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is my go-to place for consistently great Thai food. It's always terrific!Special Features:
- The following 246 reviews are from the Soi Four reviews archive.
- Great place.frogVIPDined on 5/14/2014There was nice variety of dishes. Food came out hot. Service was excellent and friendly. Some in our party did not want spicy food and the dishes came out perfect. All our meals were flavorfulSpecial Features:
- slipped some from last visitChrisVIPDined on 5/10/2014The fried items were soggy and the waitress said "everyone liked it that way" when we complained! Portions also getting smaller.
- What took us so long?SherryAZDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I have been hearing of SOI4 for quite a while now.... There are just so many wonderful eateries in Scottsdale! Well, we finally made it to SOI4 and absolutely loved it! For first time Thai diners, we are already hooked. Fab spot-fare pricing! Do not wait as long as we did! Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLuv2dineDined on 5/8/2014We ate here twice during our 10 day stay bringing guests the 2nd time! Thought the food was excellent and plan to go back next time we visit. We give it a 5 star rating!Special Features:
- Excellent foodFussyfussyfoodieDined on 5/5/2014Another outstanding place to eat in Scottsdale! You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:
- Always the same - terrific!JonathanDined on 4/28/2014Never disappoints. The food is wonderful. Atmosphere is very nice. Can sometimes be noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2014We go for lunch often and always love the food. But, at night when their busy it takes a long time for your food. It was over an hour to even get our appetizer and it wasn't warm as it should have been.But the food is good and at lunch they have some great specials.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2014Great selections. Not authentically Thai but excellent!Special Features:
- Our new favorite!!!RandDVIPDined on 4/9/2014We will definitely go again, take friends with us, and recommend highly to anyone who likes Asian food--or any other type offood, for that matter!Special Features:
- Great time!SOI4Dined on 4/4/2014we were out looking to discover a new Thai restaurant with 2 friends. I knew Soi4 was there but I was not too sure how it would be because from the outside it looks kind of small. We gave it a try and were very pleased with both the very nice ambiance, the service and of course the food. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Excellent Thai food and service!DavidRVIPDined on 3/22/2014Fantastic dinner at Soi 4 in Scottsdale. The menu features some very creative items (crab fried rice & pineapple fried rice, star anise braised tofu, prawns and pumpkin in tangy red curry) and there were many appealing options. All the items we had were perfectly flavored and seasoned - absolutely delicious. The service is friendly and efficient, with drinks quickly refreshed, and plates cleared quickly after each course. The decor is minimalist but very pleasant. The food and service were both excellent - Soi 4 is highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soi $ - A step above the other Thaiyg123Dined on 3/21/2014I have eaten at Soi 4 many times and have always had a great meal. They accommodate for gluten-free and vegetarian diets so you never have to feel like you just have a few choices. The dishes are creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but had to wait for itExplorerDined on 3/20/2014Really nice ambience, great decor--these elements are important to me, at least. They add to my appetite. The place wasn't crowded for a Thursday night but it took what seemed like a long time for the server to come to take our order and also a really long time for the food to come finally. I was hungry but even if I weren't, service seemed fair enough but not up to the standards of the appearance of the place. Great food.Special Features:
- Wonderful food in a very coolBobbyDined on 3/15/2014Wonderful food in a very cool environment. This is one of our go to restaurants in Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, spotty serviceDDDloDined on 3/12/2014Food was good for the most part. Only disappointing dish was the banana leaf wrapped fish. Flavor was just a little off. Service was inconsistent. Drink orders took a long time, server disappeared for long stretches.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had five dishes and ateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014We had five dishes and ate family style. Each dish was unique and done perfect, from the Papaya salad to the Catfish, barbecued chicken, Pad Thai and Japanese eggplant to which they gladly added tofu by request. Our friends from Texas were very impressed with the whole experience and enjoyed the food, ambiance and service greatly. We have never been disappointed with our meals at Soi4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJockDined on 2/26/2014We really enjoyed all the dishes we experienced. We had our 25 year old son with us who had lived in Thailand for 2 years. He was familiar with the items on the menu and he chose our meal which we ate family style. Our son commented that the flavor in the Soi 4 dishes matched the good taste the "street food" in Bankok. This was our first trip to the restaurant and we plan to return soon.Special Features:
- never disappointedfountainhillsDined on 2/22/2014If you like Thai food this is the place to be. We have never been disappointed by the preparation, presentation, service or taste. They will prepare it as mild or as hot as you request & their menu has something for everyone. The restaurant has a comfortable atmosphere and they're always working hard to meet your expectations.Special Features:
- Cal-Thai at its bestCaroleDined on 2/22/2014Soi 4 has been at Gainey on Scottsdale Rd for several years and still maintains it high quality in all areas. Regardless of which dish you choose, you will be happy. There is a great variety among the offerings and ask your server if you are in doubt. The range of so iciness also varies, so don't stay away because you think Thai food is too spicy for you. The daily happy hours offer the opportunity to enjoy some creative drinks as well as discounted appetizers. If you sit at one of the high tables you may even be able to have a peek at Mummy Mtn through the large plate glass windows that invite the outside in. Its setting in this very upscale shopping center is appropriate for the low keyed calm setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai timeBaldyDined on 2/20/2014This was a superb dining experience. The staff was outstanding, the food was fresh and flavorful, the tea was outstanding as well and would highly recommend the black tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only okNytomkeVIPDined on 2/16/2014Menu is more inventive than the execution. Shrimp/pork dumplings were bland, pork potstickers were salty. Curries had good flavor but our scallops were slightly overdone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAronodoDined on 2/15/2014Our four meals were excellent and we will likely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceTravelerVIPDined on 2/15/2014We arrived at 650 pm for our 7 pm reservation. We were seated promptly but after 20 minutes we left . No service person ever approached us even for drinks. The owner and the service persons looked very stressed. It wasn't an atmosphere we were looking for on Valentines weekend.food looked good but I can't really rate it as I never got to try it.
- Valentine's Day WinYarginatorDined on 2/14/2014I was looking for a place that was reasonably romantic but with food that would hit it out of the park. I found both of those in Soi Four. My wife loved it and the service was great. Both our dishes were outstanding. The drinks were tasty and they didn't skimp on the "adult" part of them. We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not spicy enoughrevskyDined on 2/14/2014First off, let me just say that I plan on giving this place another shot. My only experience so far wasn't so hot but it seems like it has such high potential I want to give it another go. Problems with service the whole time. Didn't talk to a water for almost 15 minutes after being seated! (we had a reservation) Seems like they had some new hires that night and they weren't very coordinated. one would bring the check while the other was asking for dessert. The food was very good though. Fresh ingredients and great presentation. The chicken satay has great peanut sauce. I had braised beef panang. Really mild curry and even when I asked for spicy, it was tame. Nice variety of wines. Will redo my review after I try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014A foodie friend recommended this place, so I thought I'd try it out. Was not disappointed! Everything from the atmosphere to the wait staff to the food was amazing. The pad se-ew was to die for, and the kua kling mu was very hot but had an amazing flavor. The only negative was the water glasses, Thai is spicy...I'm gonna need something bigger then a kids cup. I have already made plans to go back with some girlfriends this weekend. Love love love!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Land of Smiles ExperienceschmerlerDined on 2/5/2014The family and I were graciously welcomed by the hostess, who led us to our preferred table with a particularly comfortable pillowed banquette. I particularly liked the inviting upscale Asian Art Moderne ambience. Service was attentive, and each subsequent course was only served after the prior dishes were finished. Love the diversity of the menu, but the family stuck with the meat dishes. Everything was hot and properly served. The Chicken Satay, pork-stuffed dumplings and the delicious coconut- based Tahm Kah Kai soup is suggested to begin. The Filet Mignon with Peanut Chili Sauce entree was great, as was my partner's "Drunken Beef". Finishing with the Coconut Ice Cream with Honey Fried Bananas was to die for. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.