Sogo Hibachi Grill & Sushi Lounge
284 US Highway 46 West
Denville, NJ 07834Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Sogo Hibachi Grill & Sushi Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sogo.cc/
- Phone: (973) 784-4981
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Entertainment: For entertainment details please head to http://www.sogo.cc/pub/files/EntertainmentCalendar.pdf
A word from Sogo Hibachi Grill & Sushi Lounge
Online reservations are not available for Hibachi tables on Friday & Saturday evenings between the hours of 5:30 & 8:30. Reservations for the lounge are only for parties of 5 or more. Sogo is a chic and trendy restaurant serving modern-Asian cuisine: featuring an intimate sushi lounge, a large and exciting Hibachi dining room, a spacious year-round outdoor patio, and a bar that boasts a sophisticated drink menu beverage menu complete with original cocktail recipes. All of the cuisine at Sogo is made from the finest ingredients and prepared masterfully to order. Sogo is perfect for any event. Enjoy a dinner date in one of Sogo's two intimate dining lounges, or organize a fun night out with a large group in our Hibachi Dining Room. Regardless of your evening plans, prepare yourself for the finest sushi and modern Asian dishes in New Jersey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sogo Hibachi Grill & Sushi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best in the areaNorkieDined on 3/13/2014We've gone to quite few hibachi places in our area over the years. Sogo is hands down the best. The food is excellent, the menu is very extensive and the staff is marvelous. No reason to get squash thrown at you anywhere else..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was rushedsuemDined on 1/1/2014We were out for a family celebration, and while the food was excellent, the server rushed through the preparation
- Dinner with a shownotafoodieDined on 8/13/2013Both the food and the service were very good but the show the chef put on was outstanding. Great place for a birthday, kids love the the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2013Sea ll enjoyed out good but were very cramped at the hibachi table. We shared a table with another group (7 of us 5 of them) and other groups of 5 and 6 were being sat at their own table. For a group function it was a pretty good venue.Special Features:
- good food - not so good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013We sat around the Habachi table and the food was served in an adequate amount of time and was really good and we had a great time celebrating my birthday; but the waitress that was getting our drinks was terrible, way too slow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013This restaruant is a favorite with our kids. However, it is overpriced and inflexible with requests. The front staff is distracted, the wait staff is generally acceptable and the table chefs are pretty good. They renovated a few years ago and really missed the mark on the ambiance. We made our reservation at Open Table and when we arrived, they told us that they do not accept Open Table reservations for the Hibatchi tables, only the lounge area. Despite arriving on time, we waited in a very crowded avenue for 20 minutes, all the while obviously in the way of waitstaff delivering meals and staff seating other diners. I could not, in good faith, reccomend this restaruant when there are so many, more, deserving restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Our reservation for six wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Our reservation for six was handlers promptly. Because we were not having habachi, we were seated in the lounge. The lounge adjoins a very loud noisy bar and the noise level was very disturbing. Music was extremely distracting and made it very hard to have a conversation. As a result,even though the food and service was just ok, I would not return.Special Features:
- Great sushi. A lively, noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2012Great sushi. A lively, noisy scene. Mostly under 40's. If the noise and close quarters are not your scene, do not go on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.Special Features:
- Our first server may haveeviedruDined on 4/22/2011Our first server may have been new; she didn't know much about the beer list or the food. Without a word said, she was gone and replaced by one or two other servers. Miso soup was served before any food was ordered, which prevented either of us from trying a different soup. The combination platter for two was enormous and pretty good, but fairly ordinary and not too varied. The restaurant decor is interesting (in a good way) but the music didn't seem especially appropriate.
- Ate in the lounge, dinnerFoodiex2VIPDined on 8/27/2010Ate in the lounge, dinner was great, nice server. Service greatly improved over last visit. Our group all said they would go back there again. Thank you!Special Features:
- We've been to Sogo severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2010We've been to Sogo several times now and enjoy the variety they offer in Sushi and Japanese dishes. It should be noted we have dined in the lounge and not the Hibachi, though we've seen a number of families come and go for dinner there - usually with smiling kids. Prices are midline for a restaurant like this, service fairly quick, and they offer several unique appetizers and rolls.Special Features:
- Went for the first time aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2009Went for the first time a week before Christmas for our team holiday lunch. It was good but challenged. Decided to go there on short notice. Disappointed that we couldn't get into the hibachi room. Ordered hibachi at a regular table and it come out just warm, maybe tepid. Server didn't understand that we ordered sushi as appetizers and brought it out with the meal. We chalked it up to the staff being overwhelmed by everyone coming out for their holiday luncheon. This review process forces you into a noise rating. I pick energetic b/c there wasn't a "loud" option. It was too loud to have a conversation at our table that day. Will try it again at a less hectic time.
- Sushi was great as usual!!!Dine2SmileVIPDined on 10/9/2009Sushi was great as usual!!! Sat in dining room, not hibachi room this time and tried some new food items for us (Thai soups, etc)-- service was slow and the manager explained they had a problem that night --- Otherwise no issues.Special Features:
- Our drinks, soups and appetizersARR3VIPDined on 9/30/2009Our drinks, soups and appetizers were all very good. Our main course dishes were good, but not as good as the starters.Special Features: