175 Main Street
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sofritowhiteplains.com/
- Phone: (914) 428-5500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3:30pm
DELIVERY AVAILABLE FOR LUNCH
Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 4:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour- Mon-Friday 11:30am-7pm (Thursdays extended until 9pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Spanish, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Cardona
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: off and on-site catering available
- Entertainment: live music every Friday and Saturday
- Special Events: specializing in corporate functions, special celebrations such as bat mitvahs, weddings, christenings ect..
A word from Sofrito
A Taste of Puerto Rico in the heart of Westchester. "The food at this spot is better than in Puerto Rico" Hot. Sophisticated. Sabroso. Sofrito is initially defined as an aromatic mix of herbs and spices, used as a base flavoring and seasoning in Latin food. At Sofrito, the aromatic mix includes authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine, magnificent world music, Caribbean atmosphere, delightful living room and dining room decor along with professional courteous service taking you back to La Isla Del Encanto. Welcome to mí casa, sú casa....SofritoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sofrito - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Sofrito reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- If you don't want to talk, this your place.HeatherDined on 11/13/2014Booked it for dinner, asking for a quieter table where we could talk. Funny! At 7pm on Thursday, it was so loud, we struggled to stay for a beer, and left without eating. Neon, loud, busy - it's more a nightclub where you can loose yourself. Note: we didn't eat or experience the service, but this form requires a mark, so just marked 3 stars above for each.Special Features:
- Very good comida criollaLovestodineVIPDined on 11/11/2014Excellent pernil and sancocho: like your Latino relatives might have made it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, delicious food!!!lizzygirl1234VIPDined on 11/11/2014This is my second time at Sofritos and I am blown away by the continued freshness of their food! The calamari salad was so fresh and the dressing perfect! My pan fried chicken was awesome as usual and the shrimp (cevice?) was fabulous. I ordered a white wine spritzer and no-one makes it good but this bartender was perfection on it! Loved the sauvignon blanc and the desserts were amazing!! We had wonderful attention by many staff members as well to make sure we were happy! Apparently, that is a luxury now-a-days! Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekFoodie1122Dined on 11/10/2014Great find for restaurant week! I had the empanadas, ropa vieja, and the dessert was all amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great Spanish food, looking forward to returning for dinner againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was good from the food to the drinks, but upon bringing the complimentary plantain chips and dip the server dropped a lot of them on the table, so therefore there wasn't that much on the plate. He should have brought a new plate to the table, but didn't. We asked and he still didn't, although we asked the waiter and he followed through.Special Features:
- Good, not great.CherryIceDined on 11/1/2014Our food was rushed out and then appetizers taken away before we were finished.. We were squished between 2 other couples even when the restaurant was empty. We felt very rushed.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Took my family to Sofrito for my wife's birthday and we waited forever for our food. The waiter was very apologetic but the food did not come any faster. When the food did come, it was nothing special. The mofungo was dry and tastleless.
- ExcellentWizJennDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I went for dinner for a mommy/daddy date night and loved it. My husband is normally just a meat and potatoes kind of person be he's already talking about going back. All of the food was amazing, drinks were great, service wonderful and the the pricing was more reasonable than we thought it would be. We will absolutly go back.Special Features:
- Great food!steph16Dined on 9/14/2014Sofrito had a great ambiance. I went with a group of 6 to celebrate a birthday. The service was great and the waitress was on top of the birthday routine and refilling our glasses. Excellent sangria!Special Features:
- Really good food!JRA222VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a really great experience at this restaurant, which besides being very trendy looking, was incredibly kid friendly. Delicious food (seafood was a little over cooked) Delicious Mojitos. Excellent service. I am looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is superbOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014My date and I had empanadas (beef, shrimp, chicken in descend in order of greatness), shrimp ceviche, pernil, churrasco. Everything was excellent, prepared perfectly. Every bite had tons of flavor without being too salty. I absolutely live their food. Sangria and mojitos also fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerVIPDined on 8/25/2014nothing to rush out for food was bland even when we asked for spicy
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We came to Sofrito White Plains as a group of 5. We usually go to the location in the city, but wanted to try this location. We were so happy that we did. This location is still vibrant and energetic, but you can hear each other speak. The NYC location you can barely hear each other without shouting. The food at both are great and authentic. We especially liked the fact that White Plains had items that NYC did not have. The service was also excellent. They were very attentive and available for any requests. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterAiredaleVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've been going to Sofrito for years and it keeps surprising me. Place was packed on a Saturday night, especially around the bar and the sidewalk dining area. Wanted the place to make a good first impression on my date (who had never been there) and they did an amazing job. Plantain chips instead of bread were a great starter, the passion fruit mojito and the Angel Fizz (think alcoholic orange julius!) was amazing and we ended up just picking at appetizers through dinner (chicken empanada is the best I've ever had) and were taken very good care of. So 3 appetizers, 2 rounds of drinks, 1 flan and we were full and very happy. Would recommend to anyone, is a great date night and also a fun spot for a slightly adventurous family.Special Features:
- Cool spot!!LoveToEatDined on 8/8/2014Came after work to hang out with co-workers and we were pleased. Cool ambiance, ATTENTIVE staff, GREAT happy hour, fresh food. Yup, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SofritoTheaterdiningDined on 8/6/2014First time there - great experience. Food was both traditional and creative. Service was efficient and professional. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The following 202 reviews are from the Sofrito reviews archive.
- ValerieDined on 7/27/2014Food was awesome, service was Great. Thank you Damiano for great service.Special Features:
- great bday celebrationfiestachicaat40Dined on 7/25/2014Food was amazing and music great!! Would go back and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeckyDined on 7/20/2014The brunch was great but the music was too loud. It caters to groups but you're unable to speak to each other given the level of the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately worth every penny!Shonob1Dined on 7/12/2014Had a date night with the wife and thought this would be a great place where we can enjoy a meal together. Man, was I ever right! My wife loved the food and is still craving the deserts to this day. Noise level is a bit high so ensure they get your orders right. Great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofrito so soTeacherLoves2DineDined on 7/3/2014Food was delicious as always. It took quite a bit for our appetizers to come out but the manager gave them to us on the house. It was my birthday and I was disappointed our waitress did not ask if we wanted dessert or coffee. Other than that it's a nice spot to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & Great ServiceDatenightRilisDined on 6/21/2014From the moment we arrived tge staff was very inviting & attentive. The host was very friendly & out waiter was very informative. Our food arrived quickly & it was perfect not one complaint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for a dateFunsvilleDined on 6/21/2014After one dinner at Sofrito, i can honestly say that it is nice respite from your typical dining environment. The waiters were informative, polite, and I never felt rushed. The food was prepared well, and I would certainly have dinner there again.Special Features:
- Good food, good atmosphereHonestDined on 6/9/2014Good food, good surroundings, great for a nice date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibeAbhiDined on 5/15/2014Good food with a nice vibe and a hip interiors and bar sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningSusanVIPDined on 5/3/2014Good food, fun atmosphere. A bit loud, not really a date place but fun with a group. Only complaint is that our main courses came when we were only halfway through with our appetizers. I asked that the food be brought back to the kitchen until we were done and the waitstaff looked a bit put out but otherwise it was a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.TlenhartVIPDined on 5/1/2014Went for lunch. Food was delicious and I will be a return customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofrito OverallRadioClash30Dined on 4/27/2014I love their food, however, they usually mess something up. I'm gluten-free aka no bread and sometimes they give me a bread sandwich when I ask for a Jibarito. I have a wheat intolerance! I can not eat bread! Now on to brunch. We didn't get the unlimited (1.5 hrs) brunch, but I'm sure that's a fun time. The brunch menu was pretty extensive. Not only did they have the regular Sofrito sandwiches but the menu also included specialty brunch items. Again they didn't have plantains, but atleast they told me so I could order something else. They also didn't have their Yuca fries which was very disappointing, but they did have "Yuca Homefries"... All in all I will definitley return, I just wish they would get their food issues together.Special Features:
- Sofrito is a great time!beans1284Dined on 4/26/2014Sofrito White Plains is a really lively and fun restaurant offering lots of tapas and cocktail options. We were there to celebrate and had a wonderful time - the food was great as was the service. We dined on a Saturday night and used Open Table to make a reservation. Reservations would be highly recommended as Sofrito was constantly busy during our full night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itGirlsniteDined on 4/22/2014Plenty of food, excellent service. The music was a little too loud for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this this restaurant!PaulDined on 4/10/2014Great food with ample portions. Friendly and attentive service. Lively atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food, service was fairOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014Perhaps the service was strained from the Groupon crowd, but it took over 20 minutes to get a menu, another 15-20 minutes to place an order, 20 minutes for the appetizer, then over 30 minutes to receive the entrée. The waiter was completely distracted and spent less than 2 minutes speaking to us - we had a better relationship with the bus staff. Food made up for the disappointment in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Great!PJC245VIPDined on 4/8/2014My Wife and I went there for dinner and the service was terrible. We waited 20 minutes to gets drinks and the food was average when it finally came out. They even had the nerve to charge us a 20% gratuity even with the horrible service we had! We would not go back there again after our bad experience.
- below average placegriskaDined on 4/4/2014It's a noisy place that serves the so-loved by somebody big portion of food that are almost tasteless and greasy; some people loves it other loves to eat out when they want to taste something special. Unfortunately for me myself belong to the second category so I was pretty disappointed. The service is poor and the metre accommodation and cordiality simply poor! for sure plenty of better place around to have a nice MEAL!
- Delicious FoodelaineNYDined on 3/30/2014This was my 2nd visit to Sofrito in White Plains. The previous visit was when it first opened. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is fun. The waitstaff is very friendly. While the food was still delicious, the place has become a bit run down and could use some touch ups.Special Features:
- positiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/25/2014An overall positive experience. We'll be back to try orher items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTymorjen3Dined on 3/22/2014Got together with some old college friends to enjoy some good Latin food. It was the perfect spot as we could laugh and talk without anyone hushing us. The wait staff was friendly and the food was great and plentiful, just the way I like it. I would difinitely recommend to a friend and I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh no, Sofrito.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2014Food was pretty good, however, service was terrible and unprofessional. The hostess sat us and left us without menus. The waiter was rude, impersonal and unpleasant.Special Features:
- Ropa ViejaRichardDined on 3/20/2014Highly recommend the Ropa Vieja!! Outstanding. Great service,Special Features: