400 E. 57th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Puerto RicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sofritony.com/
- Phone: (212) 754-5999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am (Lounge open until 4:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
- Executive Chef: Frank Maldonado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sofrito caters to Private parties, corporate events or just a family get together. Our menu consists of a variety of Puerto Rican dishes & desserts, that will make you crave for more.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact office for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Evelyn Rivera 2127545999
A word from Sofrito-Midtown
At Sofrito, the aromatic mix includes the authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine, The magnificent sounds of music from around the world, The Caribbean atmosphere, The delightful living room dining room decor, and fantastic service which takes you back to our Island, Puerto Rico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sofrito-Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (63)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (48)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (33)late-night find (33)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (20)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Poor setupNoelDined on 11/15/2014I made a reservation for this restauraunt for my girlfriends birthday, I traveleved all the way from queens to only be denied entrance by security that I felt was being discriminatory. I was told that because of my outfit I would not be permitted to enter, because I had on boots, then I told the security I have sneakers in the car and that I could go and change, he tells me that my shirt which was a classy black tshirt does not fit the dresscode, meanwhile it was a group of gentlemens entering looking very trashy with regular tshirts. I will be filing a complaint because I felt that that was unfair. Not to mention that I was not informed of no dresscode to begin with. Then the security didn't even want to hear nothing I wanted to say, I proceeded to call the restaurant to speak to a manager for them to tell me that there are no managers in tonight. Overall very unprofessional. I expected more from a restaraunt that was recommended to me.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I went with my family for my birthday and it was amazing. I would go back again. I love ambiance and the empanadas and ox tails were sooooooo GOOOD! Try the restaurant they will not disappoint u If u like to drink try WEPA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014We had an awesome dining experience!! We will definitely be back to share the experience with friends and for a treat for ourselves when in the area. The crsipy fried red snapper and coconut rice were everything I hoped for. The paella was delish and chock full of yummy treats from the sea. The pernil was awesome!!! I can't wait to try some other items in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food..the drinks..the service..the ambiance!!MsVanessaMarieDined on 11/8/2014My Mom and I went to Sofrito to celebrate her birthday. We did make a reservation and had a very short wait when we arrived (5-10 minutes). We ordered carne frita, rice w/ black beans, mofongo and drinks. Everything was delicious. The food was flavorful and every bite tasted better than the next. The service was excellent as well. The server asked why we were at Sofrito and we told her my Mom's birthday and without asking she brought dessert (a delicious piece of flan) and the servers sang happy birthday. If you enjoy Puerto Rican food, Latin music and a energetic environment, Sofrito is for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofrito....So-freakin Good!ScorpianVIPDined on 11/6/2014Went here for a birthday celebration. The food was authentically delicious! House drinks are a tad bit pricey for size, but they were nice & strong - - not watered down. Server (Eder) took our order without a pad and got everything right! Would recommend and would definitely go back. Wepa!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014I made a reservation for 7:45p on a saturday, we were 30mins late. (train issues) The hostess at first told us that we were Late and had to wait for 30mins. I was a tad upset, but 30mins is better than an hour! So as we sat and got drinks, within 15mins we were called up. I was very Happy since we were celebrating a friend's birthday. I went to the Hostess and told her 'Thank-You!' A good time was had by all! We always Love coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmmmClothesmyminddDined on 10/24/2014Everything was great. From the waiters to the music to the food. And omg the drinks were amazing. Can't wait to go back. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!wineNdineherDined on 10/24/2014I took my wife for our 2 year anniversary and she absolutely loved it. We will definitely be going back and bringing a group of friends. Food was amazing and so was the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great music and foodfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Great place for happy hour and dinner...It's pretty loud but that's what I was looking forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- criloveDined on 10/18/2014my pork had soo much fat on it,i barely saw the meat, which was the first time it happened! everything else was fineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great but noisy ambianceLinaDined on 10/18/2014The food was GREAT here but if your looking to have a quiet night this is not the place for you. I went on a Saturday night and the music playing was so loud we were yelling at each other. I will definitely go again but I will try a little earlier in the day and hope the noise level is a little quieter. Our particular server was slow but it seemed most other servers were attentive to their tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointsMMDUNNVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food here is always great. The atmosphere is lively but sometimes too loud. This occurance we were sat by the kitchen and I had to keep an eye on the swinging door. Everytime a server came through I thought the door might hit me. I will keep coming back because I love the food but next time I will request to be seated far from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Always my go to in NYCSMyrieDined on 10/11/2014You can't beat the prices, the food quality and portion. The best place for groups, they know how to accommodate LARGE parties without stress. You must be patient when you go so enjoy the music and grab a coco tini. Even with reservations you are going to wait, we made reservations about a month half ago because we love the vibe and food. We brought 4 newbies to the restaurant and they just kept saying they didnt want to leave. GREAT vibes good music (hard to sit still and eat). My Puerto Rican gem!Special Features:
- NicePrissDined on 10/11/2014Good food and good service. I will definitely go back! I love the DJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014The food was good and plentiful everyone walks out with doggie bag. The service is great, very accommodating. However it is very, very noisy. The music is much to loud to really enjoy your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday MeccaDreaDined on 10/4/2014While we were there at least 6 birthdays were there. Don't go without a reservation. Tables are tight together. Noise level was kind of loud. The venue lighting was very dim. Portions are quite plentiful.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Great food, great service, great restaurant. Will return!Special Features:
- Great but too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Everything was great!! BUT, the music was too loud. We were sat in a crowded bench literally a few feet apart. Too close for comfort when eating. It was a struggle to get to the dining area trying to get passed the bar with all the people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014I was there a week ago and we had a great time with a wonderful server (Eder?) well - a week later - Dinner was still good but our server Gerard left a lot to be desired. If he was going for the stone look - he certainly achieved it. There was never a smile or a feeling that he liked what he was doing. That was the only thing that put a damper to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceIsladelencantoVIPDined on 9/29/2014The customer service and food were excellent. The music (i.e., band) was a very good add-on to the dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent and the ambiance was very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- party timegreat2dDined on 9/26/2014Went here with my wife on friday night and had a great time.atmosphere was great,everyone having a great time,dressed to kill,not for young kids. I think thirty and older crowd. Food was good,the sangria was good,the waitress and waiters were good,and they diddent try to kick us out after four hours,one thing i diddent understand though,when the dj played freestyle music the crowed went crazy,singing and dancing,then he stoped playing it after five to ten minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJayNJDined on 9/26/2014Well let me first start off by saying we got there 20 mins late and the place was packed. I told my wife they will not honor our reservation bc the place was so packed. Boy was I wrong, checked in waited for 20 seconds. That's was plus because we had a Broadway show to attended. Service was great, food was great, music was great, and the sangria was great. Thank you for making my wife's bday a special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never lets downRLOrtizDined on 9/26/2014It's my third time dining at Sofrito & food is never disappointing. It's a very vibrant atmosphere, so do not go on a Friday evening or weekend over all expecting a romantic setting. Loud music and even dancing is sure to be going down...not necessarily a bad thing but just know what to expect. We had great servers every time I've been there too.Special Features:
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Altagracia our waitress was the best, her service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Over cooked foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014The mixed starter was very over cooked and may even have been refried as some items were in edible.....the food was also very salty....worst meal I have had in NYC.
- Good Food...Ok ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014My fiance and I had a good time. The food was AMAZING as usual. The service was ok and the waiter made a mistake on our bill. He acknowledged the mistake but did not correct it since we were using a Groupon deal.Special Features:
- Great Puerto Rican foodLehtiDined on 9/10/2014I have been to this restaurant 5 times already. I LOVE IT and keep coming back! I would recommend going right when they open because you can get a seat right away. I have had to wait over an hour during peak times. So try to go as soon as they open. Food is EXCELLENT! Service has ALWAYS been excellent. It does get noisy since it is such a HOT SPOT so get ready for the high energy ambiance you will get here. Also, I have had 2 celebrity sightings, so you know it has to be good if the rich and famous come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't botherJillVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were hoping to enjoy the wonderful tastes of the delicious authentic Puerto Rican cuisine we experienced on a recent trip to PR. In fact my friend and I go every year. When we arrived we were told by a surly man to show our id cards. What kind of high class restaurant requests id cards from well dressed middle aged people coming for a 7:30 dinner reservation? This set the tone for the entire evening. Loud music blasted making conversation impossible. The food was awful. The waitress never bothered to ask if we were enjoying our meal.... I guess she knew. The tres leches cake? Inedible. And they don't even serve coffee on Friday or Saturday nights. This place is a nightclub trying to pretend its a restaurant. Very disappointing.
- Excellent!!DaveDined on 9/5/2014Sofrito was a perfect spot to celebrate our anniversary. Definitely would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, but extremely loudPabloBDined on 9/4/2014Good food, great service but extremely loud. The "alcapurrias" were very tasty. The "pernil" has too much fat. Great portions. I share one "pernil" dish with my wife and we were not able to finish it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Love the food and the music ... The drinks was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ItTechDivaDined on 8/26/2014The service from Fiorella (hope I spelled it right) was to notch and very personable. I love both locations (midtown & downtown) of Sofritos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food And Service!HungryGalDined on 8/16/2014We truly enjoyed our time at Sofrito-Midtown. The service was superb and the food was excellent. Please visit on an empty stomach. They truly give you and over-abundance of food. The ambience is magical and the salsa music playing in the background sets the tone for an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not particularly impressedCGoodDined on 8/15/2014Upon arrival it was very quiet but the noise level quickly became overbearing. We had to speak loudly across the table. Our server seemed overwhelmed and it wasn't crowded as yet. Our dishes were just ok, nothing to write home about. As Puerto Rican foods go we expected a wider selection of authentic meals with more flavor which was lacking. The service however was swift even though my date's meal wasn't what she ordered. I'm willing to go back but probably during the week to get a different perspective because I was told great things about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See You SoonLowdownDined on 8/14/2014This was my 2nd time there the food was awesome the service was great. The DJ was great he played Salsa,RB,house music the energy was high. I took my girl friend and her daughter they loved it. I can't wait to go back. I will recommed Sofrito's to all my friends. Must go enjoy the great food.Special Features:
- Great date nightFoodieDined on 8/13/2014Went during restaurant week. They offered a variety of food on the menu. Service was fast and the food was great. Plan on coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Food & service were good, the place need a lot of update. Paper wall is falling, some seats ripped. Sat right next to the band on a Monday night, wasn't aware a band was going to play that night other wise would of ask for different seat. By the time we wanted to move there were no seats available less the 20 tables in the room.
- A Rip-OffDoloresBDined on 8/11/2014$45 for a pitcher for white sangria that tastes like sweetened juice. No Spanish music played AT ALL!.. They had the nerve to serve a whole, deep fried fish, that was almost burnt - with eyes and all, the food was way overpriced and the food subpar. I am Puerto Rican and brought foreign Spanish friends to enjoy Spanish cuisine and Spanish music food this is not it! I realize they are in a high priced neighborhood, but, their customer based appeared to be ethnic and they are just taking advantage of that niche. Absolutely, ridiculous. The waitress will tell you to order all the high priced entrees.
- WOW, WAS IT NOISY!LovewaterfrontshacksDined on 8/9/2014Food was good. Service was terrible and it was way too loud. A few years ago, people used to dress to come to this place, well, not any more!Special Features: