400 E. 57th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Puerto RicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sofritony.com/
- Phone: 2127545999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am (Lounge open until 4:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
- Executive Chef: Frank Maldonado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sofrito caters to Private parties, corporate events or just a family get together. Our menu consists of a variety of Puerto Rican dishes & desserts, that will make you crave for more.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact office for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Evelyn Rivera 2127545999
A word from Sofrito-Midtown
At Sofrito, the aromatic mix includes the authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine, The magnificent sounds of music from around the world, The Caribbean atmosphere, The delightful living room dining room decor, and fantastic service which takes you back to our Island, Puerto Rico.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sofrito-Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Sofrito-Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (54)hot spot (52)vibrant bar scene (50)special occasion (37)late-night find (35)romantic (20)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Food And Service!HungryGalDined on 8/16/2014We truly enjoyed our time at Sofrito-Midtown. The service was superb and the food was excellent. Please visit on an empty stomach. They truly give you and over-abundance of food. The ambience is magical and the salsa music playing in the background sets the tone for an enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not particularly impressedCGoodDined on 8/15/2014Upon arrival it was very quiet but the noise level quickly became overbearing. We had to speak loudly across the table. Our server seemed overwhelmed and it wasn't crowded as yet. Our dishes were just ok, nothing to write home about. As Puerto Rican foods go we expected a wider selection of authentic meals with more flavor which was lacking. The service however was swift even though my date's meal wasn't what she ordered. I'm willing to go back but probably during the week to get a different perspective because I was told great things about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See You SoonLowdownDined on 8/14/2014This was my 2nd time there the food was awesome the service was great. The DJ was great he played Salsa,RB,house music the energy was high. I took my girl friend and her daughter they loved it. I can't wait to go back. I will recommed Sofrito's to all my friends. Must go enjoy the great food.Special Features:
- Great date nightFoodieDined on 8/13/2014Went during restaurant week. They offered a variety of food on the menu. Service was fast and the food was great. Plan on coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014Food & service were good, the place need a lot of update. Paper wall is falling, some seats ripped. Sat right next to the band on a Monday night, wasn't aware a band was going to play that night other wise would of ask for different seat. By the time we wanted to move there were no seats available less the 20 tables in the room.
- A Rip-OffDoloresBDined on 8/11/2014$45 for a pitcher for white sangria that tastes like sweetened juice. No Spanish music played AT ALL!.. They had the nerve to serve a whole, deep fried fish, that was almost burnt - with eyes and all, the food was way overpriced and the food subpar. I am Puerto Rican and brought foreign Spanish friends to enjoy Spanish cuisine and Spanish music food this is not it! I realize they are in a high priced neighborhood, but, their customer based appeared to be ethnic and they are just taking advantage of that niche. Absolutely, ridiculous. The waitress will tell you to order all the high priced entrees.
- WOW, WAS IT NOISY!LovewaterfrontshacksDined on 8/9/2014Food was good. Service was terrible and it was way too loud. A few years ago, people used to dress to come to this place, well, not any more!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Spectacular service and the food was beyond delicious but the music was way too loud. If you're not there for the party/bar scene then don't choose a friday/weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJORDANDined on 8/8/2014GREAT PLACE AND GREAT FOOD. THIS PLACE IS FULL OF ENERGY. LOVE THE FOOD AND MUSIC.Special Features:
- Awesome timeCrln44Dined on 8/7/2014Great food! Awesome waiters! And the music and dj are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner didn't happenbarbEHVIPDined on 8/7/2014There was a networking event going on I the bar when we arrived. The noise was overwhelming and the event had no end time. We decided to come back on another - quieter - evening. The hostesses were lovely and understanding. The menu looks great and we are looking forward to returning next week.
- Good food, way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/6/2014We went on a Wed night in August, thinking it would be quieter than usual. No luck. Just too loud to hear anyone in our party of 6 people, and we were at a table with folding chairs that didn't feel really stable. The portions seemed smaller than when I've been to Sofrito before. It was good, but not the great restaurant it used to beSpecial Features:
- BEWARE: 20% added gratuity ??Evans1mesaDined on 8/6/2014Will never go back here ... it's ridiculous that they add a 20% gratuity with no warning... the service was so, so but come on.. any thoughts about the food were ruined by this
- Service.SindhuDined on 8/1/2014Place is great. Great social setting. Service is poor because you are rushed thru your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014My boyfriend and I decided to try this spot for Restaurant week and we're so glad we did. The staff at Sofritos were very accomodating considering we were 15 minutes late to the reservation. They sat us immediately, our waiter was attentive and the food and drinks were tasty. I'd definitely return again. My only complaint is that we practically had to shout at each other across the table due to the loud music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cuisineRolls0716Dined on 7/30/2014The ambience is great, cuisine awesome and excellent service. Bar tender suggested coconut mojito. Such a great recommendation.Special Features:
- delicious fishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014I had the red snapper - it was amazing. The location is very convenient and the staff and very helpful.Special Features:
- Resturant weekShellystoneDined on 7/29/2014Had a great time, food was great, service was timely and excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place, butLocalVIPDined on 7/26/2014Good Place to be with a group. Great bar, good service, food is Ok. Although I would may go again, would not bring the kids.Special Features:
- Not amazing, but goodLovefood2muchVIPDined on 7/25/2014Went for a late birthday dinner and enjoyed myself. The food was not out of this world, I personally think the entrees lacked flavor, but it was okay. We ordered from a prix fixe menu as it was a large group and it sort of lacked options. The appetizers and desserts, which were presented in large plates, shareable style were really good though. The place was crazy loud as the dining section and bar/lounge area were right next to each other. The drinks were yummy but lacked alcohol. The policies listed on their website (ex. dress code) make this place sound upscale and fancy but it fell pretty short of that. However, I had a lot of fun and left satisfied. Will I be back again? I doubt it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience once againJD71fromNYDined on 7/25/2014We always love this place . We are never disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Too loud for a date night. Entirely too expensive for restaraunt week. Dinner for 2 came to $124..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have thought twicebishop2774Dined on 7/25/2014What can we say about sofrito. Well the hostess wasn't attentive to us when I told her I had a reservation. The music was very loud. Then I guess a basketball player came in and my waiter and another were sort of arguing over who was going to take care of him. Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean someone else mightSpecial Features:
- Excellentsanm1992Dined on 7/25/2014I love coming here all the way from New Jersey. The food is always excellent and the wait staff are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ghetto with Great FoodSBP1985Dined on 7/24/2014So... to get to the actual seating area of the restaurant you have to walk through the bar, which is about 12-14 feet long. That crowd in that space is beyond ghetto. Its like being in a club that's smack in the middle of the Bronx or Queens. The way the people act and are dress. Its' like where the hell did you come from cuz you don't work around the area dressed like that. And you didn't drive to park your park on 2nd Ave at 7pm. And then there's the DJ. So you're having dinner and 5 feet away there's an actual party happening. The food is actually very very good. The service is a bit lower than average but its still every good. That's all this place has going for itself. Its super loud so you can't have conversation at all.Special Features:
- Great energyieatnycDined on 7/24/2014The place is a great party and the food is worth having again. In particular the shrimp empanadas are perfectly crispy and seasoned. The beef empanada filling was bland, but the sauce provided is so delicious that it made up for it. I had coconut crusted fish and it was delicious. Every bite was evenly battered and had great crunch without being at all greasy. Yes, it's loud but we could have a conversation with a little effort. We didn't care because the music was great and it felt like a high energy, fun party. Make sure you dress for a hotspot bar because otherwise you will be turned away at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014The food and staff were amazing. The only negative was that there was a table celebrating a birthday and their noise level was beyond the norm. While I understand that they were having a celebration that did not give them the right to prevent the other patrons from carrying a conversation.Special Features:
- Ambience sceneHazeleyesDined on 7/14/2014I enjoyed the atmosphere, service and the food. Music was a little loud couldn't to to my table mates without raising my voice. Music was nice but just loud.Special Features:
- The best!AnaCDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I went there for diner before a concert and the food was awesome!! My husband order the pernil and they gave him the biggest piece of pernil I have ever seen served at any restaurant! It was soooooooooooo good. Also, I order the monfongo with the ropa vieja and the meat was nice and juicy! Would def recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014The food was wonderful. Sangria was amazing. Good place with live music during late night dinner. Not much room for dancing, but it works if you are looking for dinner and dancing in one location. Waiter was slow during the end of the night and was not very attentive.Special Features:
- AmazingKitkat72490Dined on 7/7/2014I loved this restaurant! The food was great and the portions were surprisingly large. They had live music playing that wasn't too loud or distracting from being able to talk with group I was with. Now that's saying something considering we were sitting practically right in front of the band. I would definitely recommend this place and I plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, but...AmethystRoseDined on 7/3/2014Delicious food, great service! However, on a Thursday night, we did not expect that the bar area would be "popping" as if it were Friday/Saturday night at a club. (This may have been because the following day was July 4th, a holiday.) Conversation with my party was pretty difficulty even though we were some distance from the bar. Had we know about the noise level, we probably would have selected a different restaurant since we wanted to talk and catch up. Perhaps the music could be lowered a bit? Nevertheless, the food was outstanding and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Latin foodBewitch9Dined on 6/29/2014Good food large portions they don't mind if you share, good service.Special Features:
- Always On PointSabrosoDined on 6/24/2014Every time I go to SOFRITO I know the food is great service also great keep up the good work guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over price what wine listItwasokDined on 6/21/2014I had to ask for 5 different bottles of wine be for they had one available why have a list of wines but don't have them!!!! Food way over price but the food was very good..... Servers are ghetto and the place is way too dark can't even see the food
- Club SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/13/2014Although the noise level was over the top just remember this place is essentially a club. So don't go expecting a quiet evening. Order in. Otherwise the food was excellent. The pernil was brontosaurus sized with plenty of leftovers for 3 days ( I froze mine). Plaintins sweet and delish as well as the arroz con gandules. I would recommend but go for lunch if the club scene (read really loud music) is not your thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014I reserved a table for this place and when I got there they said it's best to call to reserve a table instead of doing it on open table. luckily they were not that crazy busy and had table open. Place was loud with music which is fine with my group but not if your looking for something romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyknikDined on 5/31/2014I've been to Sofrito three times. This past visit will probably be my last. The hostess spent more time in the bathroom brushing her hair than assisting the patrons, which set the mood for lackluster service from the waitstaff. The food is good though, but it doesn't make up for the poor service.Special Features:
- Great AtmospherefuntimesDined on 5/30/2014Been here twice and both times food was excellent and came out very quick. The bar was great, very lively, and the music was on point. Def recommend!Special Features:
- food was greatkabobDined on 5/30/2014food was great, but very noisy could not have a conversation and they rushed you out.Special Features: