175 Main Street
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sofritowhiteplains.com/
- Phone: 9144285500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-3:30pm
DELIVERY AVAILABLE FOR LUNCH
Dinner: Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 4:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour- Mon-Friday 11:30am-7pm (Thursdays extended until 9pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Spanish, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Ricardo Cardona
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: off and on-site catering available
- Entertainment: live music every Friday and Saturday
- Special Events: specializing in corporate functions, special celebrations such as bat mitvahs, weddings, christenings ect..
A word from Sofrito
A Taste of Puerto Rico in the heart of Westchester. "The food at this spot is better than in Puerto Rico" Hot. Sophisticated. Sabroso. Sofrito is initially defined as an aromatic mix of herbs and spices, used as a base flavoring and seasoning in Latin food. At Sofrito, the aromatic mix includes authentic Puerto Rican Cuisine, magnificent world music, Caribbean atmosphere, delightful living room and dining room decor along with professional courteous service taking you back to La Isla Del Encanto. Welcome to mí casa, sú casa....SofritoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Sofrito - Best Restaurants in White Plains ›
Sofrito reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (18)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Food is superbOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014My date and I had empanadas (beef, shrimp, chicken in descend in order of greatness), shrimp ceviche, pernil, churrasco. Everything was excellent, prepared perfectly. Every bite had tons of flavor without being too salty. I absolutely live their food. Sangria and mojitos also fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerVIPDined on 8/25/2014nothing to rush out for food was bland even when we asked for spicy
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We came to Sofrito White Plains as a group of 5. We usually go to the location in the city, but wanted to try this location. We were so happy that we did. This location is still vibrant and energetic, but you can hear each other speak. The NYC location you can barely hear each other without shouting. The food at both are great and authentic. We especially liked the fact that White Plains had items that NYC did not have. The service was also excellent. They were very attentive and available for any requests. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterAiredaleVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've been going to Sofrito for years and it keeps surprising me. Place was packed on a Saturday night, especially around the bar and the sidewalk dining area. Wanted the place to make a good first impression on my date (who had never been there) and they did an amazing job. Plantain chips instead of bread were a great starter, the passion fruit mojito and the Angel Fizz (think alcoholic orange julius!) was amazing and we ended up just picking at appetizers through dinner (chicken empanada is the best I've ever had) and were taken very good care of. So 3 appetizers, 2 rounds of drinks, 1 flan and we were full and very happy. Would recommend to anyone, is a great date night and also a fun spot for a slightly adventurous family.Special Features:
- Cool spot!!LoveToEatDined on 8/8/2014Came after work to hang out with co-workers and we were pleased. Cool ambiance, ATTENTIVE staff, GREAT happy hour, fresh food. Yup, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SofritoTheaterdiningDined on 8/6/2014First time there - great experience. Food was both traditional and creative. Service was efficient and professional. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- ValerieDined on 7/27/2014Food was awesome, service was Great. Thank you Damiano for great service.Special Features:
- great bday celebrationfiestachicaat40Dined on 7/25/2014Food was amazing and music great!! Would go back and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeckyDined on 7/20/2014The brunch was great but the music was too loud. It caters to groups but you're unable to speak to each other given the level of the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately worth every penny!Shonob1Dined on 7/12/2014Had a date night with the wife and thought this would be a great place where we can enjoy a meal together. Man, was I ever right! My wife loved the food and is still craving the deserts to this day. Noise level is a bit high so ensure they get your orders right. Great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofrito so soTeacherLoves2DineDined on 7/3/2014Food was delicious as always. It took quite a bit for our appetizers to come out but the manager gave them to us on the house. It was my birthday and I was disappointed our waitress did not ask if we wanted dessert or coffee. Other than that it's a nice spot to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & Great ServiceDatenightRilisDined on 6/21/2014From the moment we arrived tge staff was very inviting & attentive. The host was very friendly & out waiter was very informative. Our food arrived quickly & it was perfect not one complaint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for a dateFunsvilleDined on 6/21/2014After one dinner at Sofrito, i can honestly say that it is nice respite from your typical dining environment. The waiters were informative, polite, and I never felt rushed. The food was prepared well, and I would certainly have dinner there again.Special Features:
- Good food, good atmosphereHonestDined on 6/9/2014Good food, good surroundings, great for a nice date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibeAbhiDined on 5/15/2014Good food with a nice vibe and a hip interiors and bar sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 193 reviews are from the Sofrito reviews archive.
- Fun eveningSusanVIPDined on 5/3/2014Good food, fun atmosphere. A bit loud, not really a date place but fun with a group. Only complaint is that our main courses came when we were only halfway through with our appetizers. I asked that the food be brought back to the kitchen until we were done and the waitstaff looked a bit put out but otherwise it was a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.TlenhartVIPDined on 5/1/2014Went for lunch. Food was delicious and I will be a return customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofrito OverallRadioClash30Dined on 4/27/2014I love their food, however, they usually mess something up. I'm gluten-free aka no bread and sometimes they give me a bread sandwich when I ask for a Jibarito. I have a wheat intolerance! I can not eat bread! Now on to brunch. We didn't get the unlimited (1.5 hrs) brunch, but I'm sure that's a fun time. The brunch menu was pretty extensive. Not only did they have the regular Sofrito sandwiches but the menu also included specialty brunch items. Again they didn't have plantains, but atleast they told me so I could order something else. They also didn't have their Yuca fries which was very disappointing, but they did have "Yuca Homefries"... All in all I will definitley return, I just wish they would get their food issues together.Special Features:
- Sofrito is a great time!beans1284Dined on 4/26/2014Sofrito White Plains is a really lively and fun restaurant offering lots of tapas and cocktail options. We were there to celebrate and had a wonderful time - the food was great as was the service. We dined on a Saturday night and used Open Table to make a reservation. Reservations would be highly recommended as Sofrito was constantly busy during our full night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itGirlsniteDined on 4/22/2014Plenty of food, excellent service. The music was a little too loud for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this this restaurant!PaulDined on 4/10/2014Great food with ample portions. Friendly and attentive service. Lively atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food, service was fairOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2014Perhaps the service was strained from the Groupon crowd, but it took over 20 minutes to get a menu, another 15-20 minutes to place an order, 20 minutes for the appetizer, then over 30 minutes to receive the entrée. The waiter was completely distracted and spent less than 2 minutes speaking to us - we had a better relationship with the bus staff. Food made up for the disappointment in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Great!PJC245VIPDined on 4/8/2014My Wife and I went there for dinner and the service was terrible. We waited 20 minutes to gets drinks and the food was average when it finally came out. They even had the nerve to charge us a 20% gratuity even with the horrible service we had! We would not go back there again after our bad experience.
- below average placegriskaDined on 4/4/2014It's a noisy place that serves the so-loved by somebody big portion of food that are almost tasteless and greasy; some people loves it other loves to eat out when they want to taste something special. Unfortunately for me myself belong to the second category so I was pretty disappointed. The service is poor and the metre accommodation and cordiality simply poor! for sure plenty of better place around to have a nice MEAL!
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2014This was my 2nd visit to Sofrito in White Plains. The previous visit was when it first opened. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is fun. The waitstaff is very friendly. While the food was still delicious, the place has become a bit run down and could use some touch ups.Special Features:
- positiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2014An overall positive experience. We'll be back to try orher items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTymorjen3Dined on 3/22/2014Got together with some old college friends to enjoy some good Latin food. It was the perfect spot as we could laugh and talk without anyone hushing us. The wait staff was friendly and the food was great and plentiful, just the way I like it. I would difinitely recommend to a friend and I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh no, Sofrito.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2014Food was pretty good, however, service was terrible and unprofessional. The hostess sat us and left us without menus. The waiter was rude, impersonal and unpleasant.Special Features:
- Ropa ViejaRichardDined on 3/20/2014Highly recommend the Ropa Vieja!! Outstanding. Great service,Special Features:
- Food and service was veryDisappointedmomDined on 3/19/2014Food and service was very good. Too noisy for my taste but probably not for a younger crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofrito is fabulous.4CarmelDined on 3/18/2014Even though the menu was a little different then was posted on line it turned out to be delicious. The only problem we had was we parked at a meter and no one would give us change of a dollar. The other thing was they only gave half a portion of flan, which was really cheap on their part. We've been to many restaurants during restaurant week and this is the only one to do that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingbeyiamDined on 3/16/2014Great interior design. Extremely pleasant staff. Even good food. However, even though the Restaurant Week site, the open Table site AND Sofrito's own site listed Sunday as an Restaurant Week day, they ran a Groupon that day and cancelled RW. After a 15 minute " I'll check with management " wait we were told an exception would be made. Our meals were good, but we all ordered Flan and were served A half if a flan each, with a cherry atop some and not on others. Our drink order was slow and then one drink was wrong and two Margueritas were overdosed with line.Special Features:
- VERY VERY LOUDBella4VIPDined on 3/15/2014Went on a Saturday night and had to scream (and I mean scream) for the people at our table to hear each other speak. The noise and music was much much too loud!! We were in the front of the restaurant sitting directly across from the bar. They have a back room which we did not know about -- ask to be seated there. It is quiet back there!! Other than that -- the food was very good!! We enjoyed that!! And also had good deserts!!Special Features:
- Good appetizers. Great sangria.Ny4momVIPDined on 3/14/2014Good appetizers. Great sangria. Room in back better for talkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Sangria?MreneeDined on 1/18/2014Hmmm...I think I had one of the best sangrias I've ever tasted at Sofrito's! The food was absolutely delicious. Wonderful, attentive service. Lively and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2014Service ambiance food were all 5 stars! Went for a birthday celebration and were very pleased with recommendations of food and drinks. Great portion size tapas and dinners. Sangria a must! We will be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DemandingHard2plzDined on 12/30/2013Our group is very demanding and has high expectations. We were pleased with the excellent service. Management greeted us twice to make sure all was well. No request was too big. We asked many questions as the menu was new to us. The portions were huge and everything was delicious. We ate until we could hold no more and had plenty to bring home. Posted pictures of food on fb and have already made plans to return with a different set of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Diningphelix15Dined on 12/28/2013The food was very good I had the sea bass which was very flavorful and my friend and I enjoy the salad before the meal it was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent restaurantfinedinerDined on 12/13/2013Food and ambience were wonderful. The front room, including the bar, were Very noisy. We sat in the back room, which was considerably quieter, except for one large and very noisy group. It's too bad that there isn't a separate room for large groups (or maybe there is another room that I wasn't aware of).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed. Excellent50HappilyMarried3kidsDined on 11/30/2013Very impressed. Excellent food, wish there were more of us so we could order more dishes. Good vibe, nice people. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.