1120 N. Lincoln Ave.
Loveland, CO 80537Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sofiasbistro.com/
- Phone: 9706692229
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jeff Morrow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have several private rooms and can accommodate private functions of 150 - 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Morrow 9706692229
- Entertainment: We have guitar for Sunday Brunch. And other live music most weekend evenings.
- Special Events: Please call us to schedule your special event. Private rooms are available.
A word from Sofia's Bistro
We are a locally owned independent restaurant located in a turn of the century old Victorian home featuring both unique and familiar fare. Our brunch menu is served daily from 8am til 2pm followed by Tapas and a full dinner menu from 4pm until 9pm. Happy hour featuring Tapas, $5 Martinis and $4 house wine is from 4pm until 6pm Tuesday - Saturday. We look forward to seeing you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sofia's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012Food was good but service was horrible. Server brought out bread late, mixed up drink order, was slow to respond to request for sweetener for tea, dropped salad on one patron, mixed up salad order, etc. Owner was sitting outside playing with smart phone, though he did check on us during the meal. Probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Our group of 6 enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Our group of 6 enjoyed it very much. The meal and desserts were awesome and the waitress was fantastic.Special Features:
- Nice and quaint. Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Nice and quaint. Mother's Day was super busy and they were a little understaffed I think, but tried really hard. Great brunch, nice atmosphere, would definitely go again :-)Special Features:
- Inept service and mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2012We reserved on Open Table for 9. Someone from the restaurant called me to change our reservation time by 15 minutes (no problem there) and I reconfirmed that we would be 9. When we arrived on time, we were shown to a table for 8 and the maitre'd said he thought one of our group would cancel. Since we really had 9 and he took us outside to a room where there was a grouping of small tables, not set up, no table cloths etc. I declined this, so they added a chair to the table for 8 but were unable to bring 9 glasses of water, 9 sets of silverware etc. The waitress got our orders wrong from salads to main dishes and could not describe the desserts, even though there were just 4 or 5 choices. I had the lamb shank - cold and unseasoned.
- The food was well preparedRedwithanythingDined on 5/5/2012The food was well prepared and sauces on everything but the lamb shank were great. The lamb shank was a bit plain and lacking big flavors, the tiny button mushrooms could have been out of a can, but it was cooked to perfection and the meat was wonderfully tender without losing its real lamb flavor. The harp was nice but too loud. Very good value for this caliber dinner.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our lunch/brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012We really enjoyed our lunch/brunch. Staff very friendly and attentive. Lobster & Crab crepes were fantastic!
- Service was VERY slow. itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Service was VERY slow. it was not a case of lingering over dinner, it was a case of lingering over empty water glasses, and an empty table while waiting and waiting to be served. The owner seemed to have a lot of time to chat up customers instead of moving things along with waitstaff and kitchen staff.
- Sofia's is always good, bestDonDonDined on 4/12/2012Sofia's is always good, best place to eat in Loveland, maybe even Northern Colorado.Special Features:
- Best Kept Secret of LovelandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Jeff and Sofia offer awesome food at reasonable prices. Casual, friendly atmosphere. Locally owned. NOT A CHAIN!!! We've been there several times for breakfast and dinner. All of the several variations of Eggs Benedicts are delicious. Lots of gluten free options. Lamb shank is unbelieveable. This is our favorite home town place to eat.Special Features:
- Exceptional food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2012A great spot for a quiet, excellent dinner. The food is creative and exceptional at the same time. Nothing else like it in Loveland.Special Features:
- Very good, but service very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2012Overall a fantastic meal with friends. Nice atmosphere, great menu options and the drink selection was also very good. The bummer was the service. Very slow. It took over an hour to get our food, and a couple were served cold. Need to time better on getting food done regardless of the party size (we were 5). However desserts were great, but it would've been nice if they had at least acknowledged their mistake, but instead made jokes about it.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurant awayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2012Outstanding restaurant away from the crowds. We haven't eaten here for lunch and it's casual with good service and food. First time to eat here in the evening. It did not disapoint. We chose to eat here for a special occasion and our guests were thrilled. Nice music in the background, white tablecloths, wonderful food for a reasonable price and friendly service staff. The place is in a renovated house and adds lots of charm to your meal. You couldn't ask for a better place to eat for a casual lunch to a white cloth dinner. Desserts were amazing!Special Features:
- Great and interesting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012Great and interesting food. We ate there for breakfast and dinner in a week. Breakfast was good, but dinner was great.Special Features:
- Good ambiance, but horrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012The only thing this place has going for it is the ambiance of the building it is in. The food was just downright horrible. I would've returned the food and not paid for anything, but i'm just not that type of person. I'm not sure where the heck the other positive reviewers have eaten, because it just wasn't the restaurant we ate in. Service was ok, but the food was just horrible.
- Loveland's SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012This was our first visit to Sofia's for dinner and it won't be our last. The dinner menu has a variety of pastas, fish, beef, lamb and pork, more than enough choices. We selected the Salmon Oscar, which has a crab stuffing and a delicious sauce. For dessert, we had a mouth watering Tiramisu. Service was great, not intrusive, the wine list was sufficient and reasonable. The ambiance contributed to a delightful evening, the restored turn of the 19th century house is decorated tastefully, with just enough light. I highly recommend Sofia's as restaurant with great food prepared by a great chef.Special Features:
- We went to Sofia's for theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012We went to Sofia's for the Valentine's special menu. The wild mushroom soup was more like lukewarm mushroom broth; the appetizers were puny, the entrees were completely flavorless (at one point my husband asked, "Have they ever heard of salt or pepper?" The waitress was being seated constantly without being given any time to catch up on her tables. We will definitely NOT be returning.
- Nice friendly atmosphere withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Nice friendly atmosphere with good food. Great customer service.Special Features:
- The Gem of LovelandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012Sophia's Bistro is a gem of Loveland. It offers a classy setting (Live harp player) and wonderful food for a reasonable price. If you're looking for a romantic, one of a kind setting in Loveland, you must try this restaurant. I've also been there for breakfast, and they again have unique, delicious dishes for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- I thought that the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012I thought that the food was amazing. It is the next day and I am still thinking about how delicious it was. The enviroment was nice and cozy. We had one of the dinner specials and it was superb! I would highly recommend Sophia's Bistro.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Menu hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Food was very good. Menu had a very nice variety. Very good wine list. Extensive martini menu with interesting mixes of liqueurs. Extensive tapas menus, enough to create your own meal. Server was very knowledge of the menu and wine list. It was a very good experience and moderately priced.Special Features:
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2012Atmosphere was lively - an old Victorian house made into a restaurant. The menu choices were unique and something you would find at a very upscale restaurant, yet prices were reasonable ($15-25 for entrees). They have both a tapas menu and regular menu. The bacon wrapped dates were outstanding, as was my entree of beef. Nice selection of reasonable wines. Overall, a fantastic experience in the little town of Loveland!!Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012This was our first time at Sofia's and we had a very nice evening. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet even on a Friday night. The food is excellent with very creative dishes prepared very will with nice presentation, such as the tomato orange soup and dover sole stuffed with lobster and soft shell crab. The service was not speedy, but it wasn't inconveniently slow either and always very polite. Altogether it made for a pleasant evening without having to drive to Denver and at a reasonable price. Next time we need to try their breakfast menu.Special Features:
- The table we sat at was quietOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The table we sat at was quiet and quaint. The food was pretty good. The service was not so good. We had every other server waiting on us, other than our own server. The server many times apologized and we were there for 2 hours, for dinner. If we had a different server, it would have been a better experience.Special Features:
- Entries were excellent, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Entries were excellent, friendly personnel, quaint atmosphere. Hectic crowd because of Christmas (few good eateries open)causing some problems with service. We will go back again.Special Features:
- The special Christmas didOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2011The special Christmas did not seem to help the kitchen at all. The food was average to poor, the services for slow and bad even with the slowness factored out. I had had a great experience at Sofia's previously but I will not be returning after this very disappointing "special occassion."
- Ok, it was Christmas evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2011Ok, it was Christmas evening. But it's not like they didn't know how many they would have. It was reservations only. Only waited to be seated five minutes. But then the problems started. Took 20 minutes to get our drinks. It took 30 minutes for our entree order to be taken. It took 55 minutes to get our appetizers and I had to go ask for some help from the hostess to get them. Salads were served at the same time as the appetizers. Two of us ordered the vinaigrette salad. We all got ranch. We wouldn't see our waitress for 20-30 minutes at a time. At the 1 hour and 30 minute mark we got our entrees. The order was incorrect the rib eye was not cooked to order and over-spiced. (Thyme) All-in-all a bad experience.
- We had a nice complete ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011We had a nice complete Christmas dinner that was a fun evening out on a special occassion.Special Features:
- Our meal was good...not aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Our meal was good...not a bite left! The owner welcomed us and our wait person was attentive. It was a quiet night (Christmas Eve) and perfect for the three of us to relax and visit with each other.Special Features:
- We were there on ThanksgivingDenverlady4Dined on 11/24/2011We were there on Thanksgiving so they served a special menu. The food was good, not great. We were seated upstairs, which was crowded and the waitstaff was overwhelmed/couldn't keep up.
- Not up to expectations. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011Not up to expectations. Food was good. Manager was way too invasive to our meal and our conversation.Special Features:
- We have very service and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We have very service and good Thanksgivibg dinner. Kid friendly.Special Features:
- The food and martinis wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2011The food and martinis were pretty delicious. However our server was no good. He did not remember our order, could not answer questions about the menu and was a bit rude, or clueless at times. I hate to be so honest, but in a restaurant with such original choices on the menu the server should be more knowledgable and helpful.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2011We really enjoyed our visit and plan to go back very soon! The food was delicious:)Special Features:
- We had such high hopes forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2011We had such high hopes for this restaurant based on advertising. Bad choice. Although we had very nice people serving us, they seemed to have some basic things lacking. For one, when we ordered and were served a bottle of wine, the server didn't pour the wine. He left the bottle and glasses and walked away. Only did he pour when I commented that nobody tasted the wine yet. The food was lacking. All of us who ordered beef dished had them served at a much different amount of doneness than requested (we all ordered either medium well or well - the steaks were served with a small amount of color on the outside and completely red and cold on the inside). Also - too dark to even read the menu. We had to guess at our wine choices!
- Our first dinner at Sofia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2011Our first dinner at Sofia's Bistro was a pleasant experience, including the service and food. The restaurant appears to be in a former home, so there's a sense of coziness. An off-street parking lot was an added plus. (The setting's only possible downside seemed to be some steps up into the dining room, which a handicapped diner in another party had a slight effort negotiating.) With input from our server, we ordered an appetizer of smoked salmon rolls, which turned out to be a good start. Then we each enjoyed different seafood selections. Sadly we didn't save enough room for dessert - but that's something to look forward to on our next visit!
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2011The waitress seemed lost. She didn't get our Tapas correct or bring bread out. Even after my wife went to management, the service remained the same. My scallops were over cooked and the were suppose to come with jumbo shrimp but the shrimp were a medium size.
- Sofia's Bistro was an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2011Sofia's Bistro was an excellent restaurant. The staff was very friendly, welcoming, and attentive. It has a very comfortable feel to it. It can be fine dining or casual. I will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Pork dish poor, tough. SmallOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2011Pork dish poor, tough. Small plates dish, miniscule for $7. Ambience way off the mark for a 'Bistro'. Would not go back
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011So I was excited to try a new place and the menu for Sofia's looked amazing. First thing the service was incredibly slow. It was one thing for the drinks to come slowly but the meal took forever. Luckily my girlfriends and I weren't really in a rush. The food was ok - not great, not bad - just ok. The martini list was extensive but some of my friends remarked that they were weak. I had a great Grey Goose martini. I would give Sofia's another chance but we won't be rushing back.
- The menu on the internet isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011The menu on the internet is what helped make our decision to go, the food just fell short of the description. Four of us went and we all ordered something different to share. The tapas were good and priced well, but the entrees were all overcooked, the chicken was dry, the salmon was overcooked, the prime rib was dry, the side vegetable consisted of a roasted half potatoe and steamed zucchini. the potatoe was horrible, not sure why they would serve them, apparently they had not tasted them. I had heard good things about the brunch so maybe we will go back for that but would NOT eat dinner there again.