Sofia Italian Steakhouse
1430 VFW Parkway
West Roxbury, MA 02132Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sofia Italian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sofiaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174692600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Warden
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: 3 course dinner Monday & Tuesday - $20 / person
3 course dinner Wednesday & Thursday - $25 / person
- Cross Street: Spring Street
- Public Transit: MBTA DIRECTIONS:
FOREST HILL MBTA STATION
Bus #36 (Forest Hills/VA Hospital) terminates at the Veteran’s Hospital on the VFW Parkway. Cross Spring Street, to 1430 VFW Parkway on the north bound side.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Valet Parking every Saturday
A word from Sofia Italian Steakhouse
Sofia is an elegant Italian Steakhouse providing an urban dining experience in a suburban location. A remarkable selection of wines by the glass are offered and wine is prominently displayed in the bar area. Sofia offers superior hospitality in a high energy atmosphere featuring an attractive classic decor. Our mission is to consistently provide every guest with a unique dining experience - delicious food, an excellent selection of beverages and wines and professional unparalleled service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sofia Italian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (57)romantic (54)fit for foodies (49)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SIS - 2nd Time for Restaurant WeekCottageDined on 8/28/2014My second trip to Sofia's was very good but not as great as my first trip. On my first trip the restaurant ran out of my side dish and dessert of choice, au gratin potatoes and cheesecake, and replaced them with really good mashed potatoes and tiramisu. On the second trip everything was available but I thought the au gratin potatoes were bland and the cheesecake tasted like sweetened American cheese. With these two items aside plus a great waitress, everything else was great (Hendricks gin and tonic, calamari fritti, lamb chops and arugala). They have a slightly cheaper pri fixe menu similar to that of the Restaurant Week menu but with different dessert options so I definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofia'sLpastDined on 8/27/2014Great spot for lunch. Food was good and location is convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!golfgirlDined on 8/26/2014The food was delicious, portions were large, and the service was excellent!!Special Features:
- judeVIPDined on 8/25/2014lunch was very good service was outstanding the waitperson was Dan very very niceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Too, too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was my first visit (Restaurant Week). Service was extremely slow for a Sunday night at 7 p.m. for a group of four. We were seated promptly, told our server we were going to order wine to and then we didn't see him again for almost 30 minutes. Portions were over sized; an entree could easily feed two with leftovers. Arugula salad with Pecans and Figs was the highlight of my meal and very good. The entrees were prepared as ordered, but none of us liked the sides that accompanied them; I don't believe the desserts are made at the restaurant.
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014My visits to Sofia's though not often as I would like are worth waiting for! The food is just great. I always have a hard time choosing my entrée since you have several choices on the menu that I love. I never have a problem choosing a appetizer or dessert though, Crab Cake is one of my favorites and the Freshed Baked Cookies with Vanilla Ice Cream is worth waiting for! Always, always leave room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChanskyDined on 8/24/2014I have never had a bad meal at Sofia. We really enjoyed our meals. Sofia always have the best restaurant week. Great selections!! They never disappointed me. We will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofia is Ecellence !knowgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014Great menu !!! Lots of variety, good quality product, great service and atmosphere. We've been there several times for Restaurant Boston Week but after being so pleasantly satisfied each time we're going to go back with 3 other couples who have never been there. We are anxious to try out some items on their regular menu. We had the oysters and the crabcake apps. They were so fresh and delicious. The steaks are of the highest quality and the bread is addictive. Fresh baked warm cookies (6 huge cookies) and vanilla ice cream were we a wonderful ending as was the cheesecake. The four of us actually ended up taking half our meal and half out dessert home. Now who takes dessert home? We were just so full we could not eat another bite !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014we found Sofia's listed on Restaurant week, its a bit far from our home but I am glad we went. Reservation was honored right on time, selection was excellent and the food and service was great. Looking forward to going to Ameila's in the near futureSpecial Features:
- moemenDined on 8/21/2014We were a party of 7 celebrating two birthdays. The food and service were excellent. Would Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with a twistChinayumDined on 8/20/2014The chicken parm was amazing and my boyfriend loved his steak with spicy jelly! The cheesecake was so rich... Basically to die for! I almost tasted like a mix between a flan and a cheesecake! Yum! Thank you for the great service also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointeddebnhDined on 8/20/2014We work crazy hours [in food business] and don't dine out often. Sofia's is one of our favorite restaurants. The food selection covers a wide array of entrees, service is great, and the food is very flavorful & generously portioned. We would visit more often if it wasn't for the traffic on 128! I prefer Sofia's over many of the Boston restaurants.Special Features:
- Worth it!SatiatedDined on 8/19/2014Every single thing about this restaurant is always great. We come here many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisePatbDined on 8/19/2014We went to lunch at Sofia's. The food was very good and the service was excellent. It was extremely quiet there for lunch, but well worth our trip.Special Features:
- Great...just one thing.JAGRDined on 8/18/2014I thought that the host and hostess could have been friendlier and seated us much quicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantSassyDined on 8/16/2014Good food. Great service and wonderful atmosphere.
- Good food, but very loudJohn02132Dined on 8/9/2014We ate in the main dining room and everyone was very happy with their food. We had chicken parm, chicken piccata and broiled salmon. The restaurant is VERY loud, similar noise level to Cheesecake Factory. I was okay with the volume, but my elderly mom found it almost impossible to keep up with the conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sofia!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Been here about three times now. Came back here for a quick date night and was not disappointed. Had a comfy booth and our server was friendly and on top of everything but not too overbearing. Calamari app was perfect, not too much sauce on it and perfectly crispy, not chewy at all. I had the scallop pasta this time and the scallops were HUGE. I love scallops so this made me very happy. Also, it says its in an alfredo sauce but its more like a light creamy lemon/garlic/wine sauce, which I would prefer over a thick alfredo sauce any day. No complaints! Boyfriend had the fra diavlo which he said was perfectly spicy and the seafood was fresh. Does get a little loud during the busy times in there but the food is definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014My family was out to celebrate a birthday with my 87 year old mother. The food was beautifully prepared and delicious. Three meals came out together. Unfortunately my mom had to wait After the three meals were served my mom had to wait 7 minutes for her meal to arrive Our waitress never came back to let us know when the other meal was coming. She came over after the last meal was finally served to see if we needed anything. As she poured water into my glass, it spilled onto the table on my purse and eyeglasses and never attempted to clean it up! We had to ask the hostess for extra napkins and spoons for desert because our waitress never brought them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014The food here is always great and so is the service. The staff really make you feel important when you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!CherVIPDined on 7/23/2014Generous portions and great seasoning. Wine selection very good. My favorite was the crabcake appetizer and swordfish entrée. We saved the cannoli for the next night at home and it hit the spot! Nice portions for the fixed price menu on Thursday night. Our first time here, but we'll be back!Special Features:
- Very GoodSMD0408Dined on 7/22/2014Both the food and waitstaff were excellent. My only complaint is that it is noisy.Special Features:
- 5th tripPaulDined on 7/20/2014This was our 5th trip to Sophia's and everytime is great! The food and service are excellent!Special Features:
- Always excellent!!!IglooDined on 7/17/2014Open table reservations were easy, requested specific location and that it was my wife's birthday so dessert came with a candle and birthday wishes. Dennis our server did an outstanding job from start to finish. Food was excellent and dessert even better...i recommend the mignon and the cheesecake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sofia's Resturant and BarGoodtip50Dined on 7/12/2014The restaurant, food overall were excellent. The place is clean and the food service was very good. The Bar service was terrible. The bar was not busy but the short bald bartender left me and my wife sitting there for 10 minutes waiting to order a drink. He was to busy talking then doing his job. I spent 15 dollars for 2 drinks, hope he enjoyed his 50 cent tip and learned a little lesson. Other then the bartender it was a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnergreat4dinnerDined on 7/12/2014We waited a bit longer than usual with an Open Table reservation. Parking difficult since they stopped valet parking. Sat at a round table outside the main room which was good for our group of 6, also less noisy. Food was very good as usual and service was accommodating and pleasant. For our group, was a pleasant meal and eveningSpecial Features:
- Wonderful As AlwaysCarolVIPDined on 7/7/2014This restaurant is a favorite of myself and my husband. The food is always very good, the staff are always attentive and friendly. We try to eat there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 7/4/2014Great food and service - staff willing to accomodate request that was not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/2/2014food was very good as well as service. restaurant has big dining area and nice bar. will go backSpecial Features:
- Sam Adams Steamed MusselsjackDined on 6/30/2014I've never had a bad meal at Sofia Italian Steakhouse in West Roxbury. I have dined there approximately 20 times. The Fixed Price menu was fantastic. The food was served promptly by our excellent waitress Katie, and was as great as usual. Kudos to the staff for making this a wonderful experience again.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightCheezstaDined on 6/23/2014My wife and I just stumbled into this place looking for some place different and it was perfect. We will definitely be back the food was delicious and our waitress was extremely caring and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of good foodWallyVIPDined on 6/23/2014The prix fix 3 course dinner menu offers numerous choices. The clam chowder and steam mussels were excellent! So was the crime brûlée and Tiramisu. Main course selections include pasta, chicken, salmon and others are good and served in big platters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealSaFazDined on 6/21/2014We've recently found this wonderful restaurant and they never cease to amaze. The staff, device and food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask your waiterHunterDined on 6/18/2014Even though we have been to Sofia's before and have our favorite dishes, this visit we had really great recommendations from our waiter, which really made our experience so much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Best RestaurantsCarolVIPDined on 6/16/2014My husband and I frequent this restaurant for the food, atmosphere, and staff. All are enjoyable.Special Features:
- DeliciousGreat1Dined on 6/15/2014Excellent food, service, and ambiance! Great for a date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day DinnerMTS101Dined on 6/15/2014We visited Sofia's for Father's Day. It was our first time and we were very happy with the food and service. We had a few food allergies in our group and our waiter was excellent at providing us with info on which dishes were safe in regards to avoiding peanuts and gluten. Everyone was thrilled with their choices. Our meals were delicious and beautifully displayed. The atmosphere was quiet and the service was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for ConversationJDofBoulderDined on 6/14/2014Way too noisy. When the server has to bend down to get his.her lips close to the diner's ear in order to be heard, the place is too loud. One cannot have a conversation with one's dining partner -- much less hearing a guest sitting across the table. Food good (if pricey); ambience "energetic"???...let's be real and call it LOUD.
- Boston2Dined on 6/14/2014good service everytime. Good soup of the day ( Italian wedding ). Steamed mussels is too light this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014Sofia's never disappoints. The food is excellent with good sized portions and the wait staff is always very attentive. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.