8030 3/4 Third St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Beverly / Fairfax / La Brea / Third St.
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sofisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3236510346
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Sunday 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday : 5:30PM - 11:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Jannis
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Sedrak or Marine 8189682345
A word from Sofi Restaurant
Walking down a hidden hallway, you come upon a beautiful patio garden with intimate lighting and an outdoor beer and wine bar. Indoor seating is just as cozy and inviting. On warm nights, reservations are a must. "Best Greek cuisine in town." - LA Times Live Entertainment Friday and Saturday Nights!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sofi Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)good for groups (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Hidden gem for Grrek foodVWbhVIPDined on 9/1/2014We have been going to Sofi's for years, and it is a lovely place to sit outside under a huge big tree and twinkling lights. A lot of people apparently haven't discovered it. It's worth the effort to find this charming venue where people aren't sitting on top of you!Special Features:
- Quiet but excellentfilmsandfoodDined on 8/14/2014We went on a Thursday evening, and though it was very sparsely attended (only two other medium size groups at the same time as us), I couldn't understand why. The food was fantastic, the service was charming and authentic, and all in all it was a wonderful experience evoking the spirit of great Greek restaurants in Athens and around the world. Couldn't recommend more highly - come dine here ASP!Special Features:
- A trip to Greece in West LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014We have been going to Sofi's off and on for over 25 years and it is the place to go in West LA for high quality Greek cuisine. We recommend it highly. The food is outstanding, the service is friendly, and the patio provides a very nice outdoor dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Sofi Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food and a fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012Great food and a fantastic ambiance. The service was excellent, too.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable. WishpassDined on 2/17/2012Service was impeccable. Wish all waiters were like this. Beautiful outdoors area. Food was good, not great... spanikopita was ok, chicken was chewy and after looking at it, realized it was a little pink and undercooked, flavors were good though... I could not eat it after realizing it wasn't cooked enough though. Desserts were delicious!Special Features:
- Lovely old-school Greek restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Lovely old-school Greek restaurant. Warm and friendly. I wish them 1,000 years!Special Features:
- Warning about 50% off deals!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2012Warning - Used 50% off coupon and they only gave me $28 off a buy $20 get $40 deal. They said it could not applied to alcohol. I understood their rule, however I spend over $60 on food. They handled this discount poorly and left my wife and I with a very bad taste about the restaurant.Special Features:
- Decent Greek good, but overpriced.RonLAVIPDined on 2/1/2012Decent Greek good, but overpriced. Also, could they do something about the lighting in this place? Not very appealing.Special Features:
- The service here is outstanding.OutshinedLAVIPDined on 1/7/2012The service here is outstanding. The live music is lovely. The food is not as good as I remember it. The saganaki is great; it's not hard to make fried cheese. The dolmades and salads are also very good. The main courses weren't that great; the chicken souvlaki was overdone, the gyro had an unusual texture. The most disappointing aspect was the price. If it was about 20% less expensive, some of the food flaws might be overlooked.Special Features:
- The service was friendly.popepickDined on 12/16/2011The service was friendly. The vegetarian options were excellent. This was my third visit to the restaurant, and I have not been disappointed. I look forward to my next meal here.Special Features:
- Great Greek offering specialtiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/19/2011Great Greek offering specialties like Grilled Octopus, lamb dishes, pastitsio, and stuffed tomatoes, along with other Greek staples. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- We love Sofi's, go there wheneverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2011We love Sofi's, go there whenever we are in the area, authentic greek food, always great. Nice service, beautiful patioSpecial Features:
- A very mediocre and uninterestingcatmomVIPDined on 11/19/2011A very mediocre and uninteresting lunch. The spanokopita were undercooked, doughy and tasteless. The soup also had no taste. Someone in the kitchen needs to wake up. We won't be back.
- other than papa cristo's (totallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2011other than papa cristo's (totally different feel and atmosphere though), the most authentic Greek food outside of Greece in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- For the second time, lambOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2011For the second time, lamb ordered medium rare was very well done. We'll give it one more try by ordering it rare, but where do you go from there. Love the restaurant, but not overly happy with the food.Special Features:
- I had the lamb and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011I had the lamb and it was awesome. My friend got the stuffed pork and it was to die for!Special Features:
- We used to love going here,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2011We used to love going here, but not any more. Price fixe lunch was not worth the money; food was dry.
- The patio is beautiful, thekesseldawgVIPDined on 9/22/2011The patio is beautiful, the service was very good, but the food is simply mediocre. They kinda "mailed it in" and it wouldn't take much effort to really make it jump a bit. Everything was just bland, and even the rice pudding had no real taste. Again, they could easily fix it all, it just takes a little effort. And it'd be worth it, if they did.
- Fantastic Greek restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/17/2011Beautiful large patio with lights in the trees at night - romantic but also fun/relaxing. You don't feel like you're in the middle of LA. The food is some of the best traditional homemade Greek food I have ever had.Special Features:
- Food was delicious! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2011Food was delicious! Service was friendly and prompt. This was our second time to the restaurant. Both visits have been great experiences, and I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for fresh and delicious Greek/Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- You don't expect a prettyopentablereviewer2VIPDined on 8/31/2011You don't expect a pretty place from the street view, but when you enter it's like you walked into the Secret Garden. The food was good - not great - but I'm not sure we ordered the best dishes. The service was pretty slow - especially since the place wasn't packed. I enjoyed the evening, but the place is just too expensive for what it is. I'd tell people to go to this place to experience it - but it's not one of my favorites.Special Features:
- One of the best quality andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/16/2011One of the best quality and authentic greek restaurants we have eaten at in Los Angeles. It is pricey but delicious.Special Features:
- Top Greek spot in LA. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/8/2011Top Greek spot in LA. Very good food and atmosphere, with live Greek music! Though a bit on the pricey side, especially the wines by the glass.Special Features:
- A little gem in the middleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2011A little gem in the middle of W. Hollywood. If you like Greek food and are a vegetarian there are lots of yummy choices! Carnivores have their pick as well. Music made this summer garden a treat.Special Features:
- Sofi reminded me of a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/31/2011Sofi reminded me of a pleasant random tourist restaurant in a small Greek city. The food is fine. The portions are large. The setting is lovely. The wine list is weak. All in all, it was good, nothing more and nothing less.Special Features:
- Sofi's in the past was a goodhackieVIPDined on 5/29/2011Sofi's in the past was a good choice for Greek food...but it isn't what it was. The food doesn't taste authentic, the food was bland. The only thing that was fairly good were the appetizers.
- I have lived near Sofi restaurantrangodogVIPDined on 4/13/2011I have lived near Sofi restaurant for a very long time and have always wanted to try it. I was most disappointed in the quality of the food. They have a lovely outdoor patio which would be great for a drink and appetizers...I would not have the main courses...they are big in portions but low on quality....especially for the prices. If they would improve the quality of their food, I would return. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- We just got back from ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/1/2011We just got back from our first visit to Sofi restaurant. The food was excellent (fish with feta sounds like it would be bad, but it was amazing!!!!), the outdoor space was large and adorable, the people who worked there must have all been related to the owner because they were fantastic and personally invested in your dining experience. We will go here often.Special Features:
- This was our second visit..OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/11/2011This was our second visit.. on a Friday and it was practically empty. One of our biggest complaints in cost... expensive salads and entrees vs other Greek restauants. The fish I ordered which was pricey came undone... and I ordered an alternative. In general the food was mediocre vs Le Petit Greek and was much more expensive
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/4/2011This is one of those times when I just had to put my trust in OpenTable. I offered to find a good Greek restaurant in the area for dinner with friends before I realized I couldn't get a reservation at the restaurant I was thinking of. After a quick search on OpenTable and a few user reviews, I decided to go for it and was glad I did. The food is great. The restaurant is very proud of what they do. The atmosphere is just okay but it wasn't crowded and the people there seemed to be big fans of the food. Highlights included the lamb, the humus with warm pita and the flaming cheese, OPAH! For kicks we even tried some Greek wine and even that did not disappoint. I'll be back.
- The food presentation wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/27/2011The food presentation was very good beautiful to look at and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2011Excellent food and service, though a bit pricey for an informal neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- The place was empty, onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/5/2011The place was empty, only one other table was in that evening..the food was good but a little over priced..We had a good time, the service was great.Special Features:
- Our first time and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2010Our first time and it was an enjoyable evening. The food and wine delicious and the service was first rate.Special Features:
- Food good, service surprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2010Food good, service surprisingly just 'okay'...and I'm not a fan of music - which is why I noted the noise as "energetic." The outdoor patio is lovely and even though my service was 'so so,' I would still go back.Special Features:
- Good basic Greek Food. ThisMickeyRVIPDined on 6/5/2010Good basic Greek Food. This is not fancy eclectic food, but if you want a good authentic Greek meal in a pleasant environment, this is it.Special Features:
- Not a fan of how fellow dinersDaveDined on 3/19/2010Not a fan of how fellow diners were smoking out on the patio, but the food was decent. The ochtapodi was a little tough. For a main dish, we took down their Arni Bouti ($25), a leg of lamb sliced off the bone, roasted with garlic and oregano. Earthy, simple, and tasty, it was my favorite for the evening.Special Features:
- While the location was incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/18/2010While the location was incredible in the middle of LA, the food was horrible. The octopus was the worst grilled octopus I have ever had, the hummus was so-so and the wine list was unreasonably expensive. Furthermore, there was some girl singing lady ga-ga like it was a kareoke dive bar during our supposedly "romantic" dinner. Would never go back.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2010The food was delicious. It was a quiet Sunday night, with just the right amount of patrons. The flaming fried cheese was dramatic and savory. Musaka complex, rich and comforting. Good size portions.
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/18/2010We had a wonderful experience at Sofi and were reminded how good the food is! Lamb Chops were excellent! Service was friendly and professional. Beautiful outdoor patio perfect for a get together with friends as well as a romantic dinner for two. Highly recommend!Special Features: