275 Hill Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sodoreno.com/
- Phone: 7753222710x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Sunday 11 A.M. to 8 P.M.
Tuesday through Saturday 11 A.M. to 9 P.M.
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Stern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Private Room Available
Off-Site Catering Available
A word from SoDo
We invite you to enjoy our comfortable, contemporary cuisine as we showcase the freshest local ingredients, prepared with style and innovation. Join us for a casual cocktail, an intimate night out, or a celebration of any kind. SoDo is not just a great restaurant and bar - it's our way of life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
SoDo - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
SoDo reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (33)great for lunch (27)romantic (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (13)good for groups (11)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Another great meal at SoDoJacqueVIPDined on 9/7/2014We dined here on a Sunday evening and watched the moon rise over the downtown buildings as we sat outside. Our meals were wonderful (pork belly, baby kale salad and Colorado lamb) but the gem of the evening was Wilson, our waiter. He was great and I would ask for him again! He knew the menu well, was attentive, efficient and friendly, and also knew the wine list well.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceStevAVIPDined on 9/7/2014this is just a perfect place for great meal and service One of the best in Reno Enjoyed the service and food and perfect for the birthday eventSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menuPBinRenoDined on 9/6/2014Love the variety of options on the menu. The Halibut was FANTASTIC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014We were traveling through Reno and found this spot and LOVED it! Great service and very accommodating. I think they could make any type of food amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!martibDined on 9/5/2014I chose SoDo to help a client celebrate a big achievement and a life transition. From my prior visits to SoDo, I felt confident that it would be just the right atmosphere: friendly and upscale but not stuffy. We dined outdoors on a beautiful late summer Reno day and the noise level was fine for a conversation without distraction. I tried the lamb burger and was very pleased with the dish; my client enjoyed the special of the day and a scrumptious dessert. We felt no pressure to hurry along, but were attended to appropriately. Overall, my high expectations were met on this visit to SoDo.Special Features:
- very good restaurantRenofoodieDined on 9/4/2014SoDo is a very good neighborhood restaurant. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday lunchSoDoDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good however waiter got so busy at lunch that we didn't see him for half hour straight! We came early to avoid the crowd (which we did) but then it got so busy we couldn't get the check. Finally asked the hostess for change so we could just leave cash with a tip at table. Still took the hostess a while to get change. Even though waiter was busy, he was very nice and friendly. Just had to wait too long to get the check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoDo divine choice!alfrescofanDined on 8/10/2014I've dined here with various friends several times, each with superb, friendly, attentive wait staff! Food items have been perfectly prepared and lovely presentation. Interesting menu mix seems to satisfy those who enjoy simply fish/chips, salad, or more adventuresome choices. It would be a shame if you didn't save room for one of their divine desserts...or at least share one. Love the neighborhood corner location!Special Features:
- Consistently goodFoodsnob1950Dined on 8/8/2014Very nice eating outdoors. We have been to SoDo many times and the food has always been good. Proportions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!FoodieDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good and prepared exactly as requested. The bartender/waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable! We had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- relaxingThunderDined on 7/29/2014Good atmosphere, great service, and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find, would return again!km775Dined on 7/25/2014The location is great, just a few blocks off of downtown. Food was well prepared, eye apealing and very tasty. Prices were ok. Wished our server had told us about the daily specials. Did not hear about them until we overheard other servers telling their customers about them. LOVED the purse racks that they bring tableside for women carrying a purse!! Thoughtful and unique solution for age old problem of where to put your purse when dining out. There was even a woman nearby who used the rack to hang her cane. Wonderful idea!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERIDined on 7/19/2014The food was outstanding! Very very fresh, flavorful, and beautiful presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reno's bestFoody2bDined on 7/18/2014Reno has finally come into its own with the addition of this fabulous restaurant. Centrally located and meals that delight the senses. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spotPaulandPaulinaDined on 7/11/2014We came to evaluate the place for possible Christmas party. We were looking for unique ambiance and a place that our peeps usually wouldn't go to, which it was. We were also looking for modern American food, kind of like LuLu's, which it wasn't quite there. The pork belly wasn't as crispy and flavorful (I think the other place seasoned it with maple sugar), pork chops was on the dry side and sauces were little bland, crab poppers sauce didn't have any flavor. Cesar salad was great and Poblano Relleno dish was pretty good. The dishes were too big and by the end we didn't have enough room for dessert. Overall, food was fair, cocktails were fair, wonderful ambiance and service. We are still shopping for our Christmas Party place though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Service was great, salad was good and noise was not to bad.
- Part of the new vibrant scenepprinterVIPDined on 7/10/2014Like many smaller cities in the country, Reno is developing an excellent new restaurant line up. SoDo was one of the leaders and continues to be a treat on every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will try again.bookmarcusDined on 7/1/2014We attended on their 2nd Anniversary promotion, "Three Courses of Globally Inspired, Locally Crafted Fare," featuring a special menu. We had been to SoDo before and liked it a lot, the menu is creative and the chef is good. This time, we were disappointed. Perhaps cooking the same specials night after night became tiresome. And the promotion is for Sunday Monday Tuesday only... maybe the regular staff is off those days. The service was spotty and though we had noted "duel anniversaries" on our Open Table reservation and it was acknowledged when the woman called to confirm, there was no mention made at the restaurant by the waiter or host. Bummer. We wanted to be fussed over. We will try again and maybe they will achieve their standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem in RenoCharlosVIPDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food and better service in the heart of the city. A place that is a mist go to hang out on the patio with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinnerDined on 6/28/2014We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary here and we had such a great experience!! We received such special service and we really enjoyed the food and drinks! We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Service was a little slow. We were the only table there as it was an early dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!NVfoodyDined on 6/23/2014We run by SoDo all the time, so when Living Social put out a deal for a three-course meal, I was glad to finally jump on board and go. Service was great! Kale salad was awesome, and the hangar steak was marinated perfectly. Also can't brag enough about the cheesecake! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reno dinnerSandyjkVIPDined on 6/14/2014While visiting our family in Reno we had an early dinner here and it was lovely. The host is gracious and the chef prepared our meal with love! The presentation was well done and the food was delicious. The Ahi had an orange reduction that caused us to ask for the recipe. SoDo is within 3 blocks of the NV Museum of Art and should be considered for your lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentStevAVIPDined on 6/3/2014We have always enjoyed this delightful restaurant as to the place for special meal to celebrate The evening was perfect in every way Everyone enjoyed meal from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 299 reviews are from the SoDo reviews archive.
- We enjoyed our first visitTheEpicureanVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had lunch on a Saturday morning. The weather was excellent and we dined outside. The food was terrific, the service was superb and the wine list was very well thought-out. I'd recommend SoDo to anyone. This is a very relaxing, intimate restaurant suitable for business or pleasure. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beluvgoodfoodDined on 5/16/2014I have been to SoDo several times and have always had excellent food and service. Recently, they seemed to have changed the menu and it was not good. The appetizers used to be modern and tasty. Now they are fried and gross. It looks like food from any sports bar in town. The food seems to lack it's special touch and modern twists. I was very disappointed. I'm hoping it was just a bad night and won't normally be like this. I really enjoy this restaurant and don't want to give up, but we'll see....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was badWoodyDined on 5/11/2014If you want a waiter that urgues with you and brings out the wrong food this is the place to go
- Very good foodDarrylDined on 5/10/2014SoDo has very good food. The wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable. The only misstep was our appetizer. We ordered the crab poppers and they were a real disappointment. The carrot soup was wonderful as were our main courses. I had the salmon and my partner had the Angus special.Special Features:
- Horribly let downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Jerk chicken was burnt and extremely dry. The other chicken dish was extremely rubbery. The burger was good as always. The sole with lobster had no flavor. The fish and chips were ok as well. Sat at our table for 45 mins waiting for our food. unacceptable. $175 dinner. Will not go back.
- Executive Dinner1greatfindDined on 5/7/2014We had a business dinner with a group of out-of-town executives who love good food and wine. Dinner, drinks and dessert were all wonderful. I will return for business and pleasure. Thank you.Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday LunchRenoLoriDined on 5/4/2014Had a wonderful, leisurely lunch on the patio. The food was excellent and the time with friends was fun. I highly recommend SoDo and I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthwhile to visitkcat614VIPDined on 5/3/2014I took my 11 yr old daughter to dinner before a Pioneer theatre show and we enjoyed a very good meal. The Baby Kale Salad with steak is a must, I will return just to have that again. The Caesar salad with chicken was ok, I found the chicken a little dry but my daughter loved the salad. The brownie dessert is always our favorite, a must try. The pretzel crust and caramel make this one unique. Coffee was great, the server even made a fresh pot for me. We are locals and return over and over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Reno!!!renotahoe33Dined on 4/30/2014SoDo is a wonderful place to share your most important moments with your friends and family. The food is phenomenal and the service is top notch. I would recommend that anyone who lives in or visits Reno to stop by this establishment.Special Features:
- A consistent favorite3rdRockConnectorDined on 4/28/2014Joel and the crew always hit the mark for quality of food, friendly staff and an energetic environment that makes it one of the top places downtown for a business meeting, whether lunch, cocktails or dinner. 'I'm being good' days I usually have the awesome Kale or beet salad. The 'not so good' days, the best lamb burger around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Easter treatKarynWDined on 4/20/2014We ate our Easter dinner at SoDo and had a wonderful time. The food was divine and our waiter, Wilson was fabulous! An overall perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Rated & Over PricedBkfenceVIPDined on 4/12/2014A lamb "Rack" @ $32.00 consists of more than two freaking ribs: game over!! Fifth chance and will not return.
- Enjoyable!beefcomboDined on 4/1/2014We took a friend who was visiting from Chicago, and we all enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere. The food was very delicious and the service was great for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!!TravianeDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. We could not have been more thrilled with our experience. I had requested a quiet table when I made the reservation and they absolutely accommodated us and put us all the way in the back at a quaint table for 2. We ordered the calamari based off of other reviews and it was good. I had the special grilled ahi which was unbelievable and had so many different layers to it. My husband had the sole with stuffed lobster and apple which was also excellent-his only complaint was the hint of lobster. We ordered the chocolate crème brulee for dessert which was phenomenal-we resisted the urge to order a second. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Great at SoDoRitarnoDined on 3/29/2014Exceeding expectations. There were 6 of us. We ordered appetizers and BOOM, they were on the table fast. Same with our dinners. My lamb was a little less done than i preferred and no fuss made just 5 minutes later out it came perfect. So many great choices on the menu too.LoveSpecial Features:
- Pleasant TreatPga12bDined on 3/26/2014We found SoDo through a bit of research using OpenTable and UrbanSpoon. It isn't a very big place but offers a nice intimate ambiance for groups of four or less. The service was slower than perhaps it should have been no more than were at the restaurant but the food was certainly worth the wait. The calamari appetizer was incredible. Wine list is adequate and the prices are what you would expect for this type of contemporary cuisine. Definitely worth the short cab ride to get to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.