275 Hill Street
Reno, NV 89501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sodoreno.com/
- Phone: (775) 322-2710
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Sunday 11 A.M. to 8 P.M.
Tuesday through Saturday 11 A.M. to 9 P.M.
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Stern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Private Room Available
Off-Site Catering Available
A word from SoDo
We invite you to enjoy our comfortable, contemporary cuisine as we showcase the freshest local ingredients, prepared with style and innovation. Join us for a casual cocktail, an intimate night out, or a celebration of any kind. SoDo is not just a great restaurant and bar - it's our way of life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
SoDo - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
SoDo reviews from OpenTable diners
- First timeTJinRenoDined on 11/21/2014I was able to make reservations on line. They called the day of to confirm. From start to finish my experience was great. I had the special of the evening. A New York with demi glaze/garlic mashed potatoes, and brocholli. I had a salad with the house white balsamic vinegarette. All was amazing and I would highly recommend it. The server suggested a Pinot Noir that was perfect. My friend had the polenta with vegetables and the black bean soup. The soup she said was really good, however, her polenta seemed sub par and she was "hunting" for vegetables. All in all a great dining experience and I will go again for sure! One suggestion might be that the bread be served in a basket. Maybe a variety of dinner rolls/bread. It was not offered nor was coffee when we ordered desert. I had to ask for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the two of usRetiredInRenoDined on 11/20/2014We received a gift card so my husband and I went to celebrate his birthday. We were promptly greeted and taken to our table. Our server, Steve, was excellent. I had the black bean soup with cilantro cream that was outstanding. My husband opted for the tomato parmesan soup and he found it to be excellent. We chose the procini chicken and that day's special, steak au poivre for our main courses. They were flawless. The wine list is substantial. We had a great dining experience and we highly recommend SoDoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResterauntRenoladyDined on 11/9/2014SoDo is a great restaurant. Having lived in California and on the East Coast, I'm used to good food, unique dishes, and a nice atmosphere. SoDo provides all of that plus the great service that you expect in a smaller area like Reno. It's like having the best of both worlds right here. A friend of mine was in town from La Jolla and I took her here to SoDo, even she agreed. Great unique food, great atmosphere, and great service. Excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationTamawinDined on 11/8/2014Great food! We had a very nice time for mom's 75th birthday. Reservations were easily booked online. It is a bit pricey, but worth it. I will recommend and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They never disappoint. Great serviceMrwhohaDined on 11/7/2014Always enjoy or night out here with a bottle of our favorite champagn. Always great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previous tripsFoodsnob1950Dined on 11/4/2014My husband had the filet which he said was good but I was disappointed in my beef short ribs. The meat was rather fatty but the big problem was that it was very salty. I mentioned that to the waiter when he asked how things were. He said it might be the sauce. Well, either way. it was way too salty (and I like salt). It ruined the dish which could have been very good. It was election night and the mayor had a party next door. That may have accounted for the so-so service.Special Features:
- Excellent food, a bit priceySteveDined on 11/4/2014Overall good dining experience, however a bit "pricey". Sauce on chorizo pasta was amazing!!!Special Features:
- Creative diningCheatereaterDined on 11/1/2014The menu included some very interesting food combinations in a dish that worked very well together. Service was great. Noisy on Saturday nite though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/28/2014Our waiter recommended the seared scallop appetizer, and it has now gone to the top of my list of favorite appetizers. It was heavenly! The salads were fresh and delicious, and the filet was tender and flavorful. We're looking forward to visiting again soon!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedsfsfsfsfsfVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was sort of strange: odd combinations, badly cooked risotto, lukewarm and gelatinous soup. We didn't really enjoy anything we ate (two soups and two entrees). The service was sort of "checked out," too, though the restaurant was only half full (on a Saturday night). Plus side: the wine list is nice and it's cute inside; we chatted with the couple next to us and they said their steaks were cooked perfectly, so maybe our food was a fluke.Special Features:
- Delicious and Beautifully PresentedJBJRNDined on 10/22/2014We took some friends for dinner here. Two of us had the seared Ahi which was well portioned, presented and very tasty. The seared scallop dish had a wonderful cranberry sauce with it and the wild rice pilaf was very good. Seafood Pasta dish was light, with fresh mussels ,shrimp and salmon. The decor is simple with Black and white historical photos of Reno on a warm inviting walls. The service is efficient and friendly. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu was greatGreatfoodgreatviewDined on 10/14/2014We dined the first night of the new fall menu. The owner and chef were still tweaking it and asked us personally for our opinions. All choices were fantastic and the presentation is very nice. Great neighborhood spot- easy parking, low key, within walking distance to downtown events, very personal service, wonderful changing menu and always great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday evening findKarenrenoDined on 10/5/2014Had dinner with some friends from out of town. On Sundays many neighborhood restaurants are closed so many choices involve going to the casinos. Everyone ordered something different and we were all very pleased!!! The tomato and sweet potato soups were a hit as well as the baby kale salad. The scallops were fabulous; halibut with asparagus risotto and roasted chicken were cooked perfectly; and, the shrimp scampi with pasta was very tasty. The wine list offered many choices by the glass which was perfect for our group. We were so full unfortunately we didn't have room for dessert. Maybe next time......Special Features:
- Great neighborhood resturantMrwhohaDined on 10/3/2014Always great food and service. We really enjoy going here for our Saturday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Our meals were delicious. I had a pork chop and my husband had the Ahi. It was easy to talk and our server was very nice.Special Features:
- Yummy lunchDejavuDined on 9/24/2014Lunch was great as always. Perfect place for business chats. Service was impeccable and the food was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at SoDoJacqueVIPDined on 9/7/2014We dined here on a Sunday evening and watched the moon rise over the downtown buildings as we sat outside. Our meals were wonderful (pork belly, baby kale salad and Colorado lamb) but the gem of the evening was Wilson, our waiter. He was great and I would ask for him again! He knew the menu well, was attentive, efficient and friendly, and also knew the wine list well.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceStevAVIPDined on 9/7/2014this is just a perfect place for great meal and service One of the best in Reno Enjoyed the service and food and perfect for the birthday eventSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menuPBinRenoDined on 9/6/2014Love the variety of options on the menu. The Halibut was FANTASTIC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014We were traveling through Reno and found this spot and LOVED it! Great service and very accommodating. I think they could make any type of food amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!martibDined on 9/5/2014I chose SoDo to help a client celebrate a big achievement and a life transition. From my prior visits to SoDo, I felt confident that it would be just the right atmosphere: friendly and upscale but not stuffy. We dined outdoors on a beautiful late summer Reno day and the noise level was fine for a conversation without distraction. I tried the lamb burger and was very pleased with the dish; my client enjoyed the special of the day and a scrumptious dessert. We felt no pressure to hurry along, but were attended to appropriately. Overall, my high expectations were met on this visit to SoDo.Special Features:
- very good restaurantRenofoodieDined on 9/4/2014SoDo is a very good neighborhood restaurant. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday lunchSoDoDined on 8/22/2014Food was very good however waiter got so busy at lunch that we didn't see him for half hour straight! We came early to avoid the crowd (which we did) but then it got so busy we couldn't get the check. Finally asked the hostess for change so we could just leave cash with a tip at table. Still took the hostess a while to get change. Even though waiter was busy, he was very nice and friendly. Just had to wait too long to get the check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoDo divine choice!alfrescofanDined on 8/10/2014I've dined here with various friends several times, each with superb, friendly, attentive wait staff! Food items have been perfectly prepared and lovely presentation. Interesting menu mix seems to satisfy those who enjoy simply fish/chips, salad, or more adventuresome choices. It would be a shame if you didn't save room for one of their divine desserts...or at least share one. Love the neighborhood corner location!Special Features:
- Consistently goodFoodsnob1950Dined on 8/8/2014Very nice eating outdoors. We have been to SoDo many times and the food has always been good. Proportions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem!FoodieDined on 8/2/2014The food was very good and prepared exactly as requested. The bartender/waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable! We had a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- relaxingThunderDined on 7/29/2014Good atmosphere, great service, and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find, would return again!km775Dined on 7/25/2014The location is great, just a few blocks off of downtown. Food was well prepared, eye apealing and very tasty. Prices were ok. Wished our server had told us about the daily specials. Did not hear about them until we overheard other servers telling their customers about them. LOVED the purse racks that they bring tableside for women carrying a purse!! Thoughtful and unique solution for age old problem of where to put your purse when dining out. There was even a woman nearby who used the rack to hang her cane. Wonderful idea!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERIDined on 7/19/2014The food was outstanding! Very very fresh, flavorful, and beautiful presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reno's bestFoody2bDined on 7/18/2014Reno has finally come into its own with the addition of this fabulous restaurant. Centrally located and meals that delight the senses. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spotPaulandPaulinaDined on 7/11/2014We came to evaluate the place for possible Christmas party. We were looking for unique ambiance and a place that our peeps usually wouldn't go to, which it was. We were also looking for modern American food, kind of like LuLu's, which it wasn't quite there. The pork belly wasn't as crispy and flavorful (I think the other place seasoned it with maple sugar), pork chops was on the dry side and sauces were little bland, crab poppers sauce didn't have any flavor. Cesar salad was great and Poblano Relleno dish was pretty good. The dishes were too big and by the end we didn't have enough room for dessert. Overall, food was fair, cocktails were fair, wonderful ambiance and service. We are still shopping for our Christmas Party place though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Service was great, salad was good and noise was not to bad.
- Part of the new vibrant scenepprinterVIPDined on 7/10/2014Like many smaller cities in the country, Reno is developing an excellent new restaurant line up. SoDo was one of the leaders and continues to be a treat on every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will try again.bookmarcusDined on 7/1/2014We attended on their 2nd Anniversary promotion, "Three Courses of Globally Inspired, Locally Crafted Fare," featuring a special menu. We had been to SoDo before and liked it a lot, the menu is creative and the chef is good. This time, we were disappointed. Perhaps cooking the same specials night after night became tiresome. And the promotion is for Sunday Monday Tuesday only... maybe the regular staff is off those days. The service was spotty and though we had noted "duel anniversaries" on our Open Table reservation and it was acknowledged when the woman called to confirm, there was no mention made at the restaurant by the waiter or host. Bummer. We wanted to be fussed over. We will try again and maybe they will achieve their standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem in RenoCharlosVIPDined on 6/29/2014Excellent food and better service in the heart of the city. A place that is a mist go to hang out on the patio with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinnerDined on 6/28/2014We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary here and we had such a great experience!! We received such special service and we really enjoyed the food and drinks! We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Service was a little slow. We were the only table there as it was an early dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!NVfoodyDined on 6/23/2014We run by SoDo all the time, so when Living Social put out a deal for a three-course meal, I was glad to finally jump on board and go. Service was great! Kale salad was awesome, and the hangar steak was marinated perfectly. Also can't brag enough about the cheesecake! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reno dinnerSandyjkVIPDined on 6/14/2014While visiting our family in Reno we had an early dinner here and it was lovely. The host is gracious and the chef prepared our meal with love! The presentation was well done and the food was delicious. The Ahi had an orange reduction that caused us to ask for the recipe. SoDo is within 3 blocks of the NV Museum of Art and should be considered for your lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentStevAVIPDined on 6/3/2014We have always enjoyed this delightful restaurant as to the place for special meal to celebrate The evening was perfect in every way Everyone enjoyed meal from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.