421 Cypress Avenue
South San Francisco, CA 94080Neighborhood:
South San Francisco
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sodinisbertoluccis.com/
- Phone: 6505881625
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Sodini's Bertolucci’s was featured on Check, Please! Bay Area and serves traditional Italian cuisine, derived from their Tuscan roots. Their belief has always been to serve simple, hearty and fresh food. We have private rooms that can seat anywhere from 25 to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Miranda 6505881625
- Entertainment: Piano lounge
- Special Events: See web page www.sodinisbertoluccis.com for details.
A word from Sodini's Bertolucci's
Big old school restaurant. Full bar, piano lounge, plasma TVs. Banquet facilities available for up to 85 in a private room. Cocktail parties, and power point on a private 133" screen. Movie nights with theme dinners happen twice a week. As seen on check please bay area, best of the best. Treat yourself............Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sodini's Bertolucci's - Best Restaurants in South San Francisco ›
Sodini's Bertolucci's reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)good for groups (72)special occasion (57)fit for foodies (31)romantic (29)vibrant bar scene (22)kid-friendly (21)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- servicebillychowsdownDined on 8/23/2014we were not assigned to a waiter ,so for the first 20 mins we had no one talk to us ,after a couple of futile attempts to get someones attention at a very busy time we had a waiter---the maitre d comp an appetizer,wine and desert.unfortunate but they tried their best to rectify the mistake.good bang for the buckSpecial Features:
- My Wife's Birthday DinnerUWDad2007Dined on 8/23/2014We decided to celebrate Carole's birthday as a special treat. The food was impeccable and the family style we love. Our son Jared had the petrale sole, Carole had the scallopini and I the saltimbocca. The green salad's house dressing was wonderful, a sort of light, creamy Cesar with garlic. We sipped a Ruffino Pinot Grigio. On the table was home made focaccia. Angie, our waitress was a serving machine and a doll to boot. We were greeted, seated and saluted by the maître d and staff as we left. A fun, excellent time. Our reservation was for 6:30 pm and we left three hours later. We brought a St. Honore cake for her birthday from nearby Galli's Sanitary bakery. Most everyone had coffee with dessert. A fun and delicious evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willieDined on 8/23/2014Our waitress was over the top. She has a two tone hairdo and she has one of the best personalities that I have ever come across in wait staff. She is an asset to this restaurant. They were so busy that things were held up but God!! She is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional Italian cuisinenonicknameVIPDined on 8/17/2014This is similar to some of the old San Francisco Italian restaurants of which there are very few left. That's what makes this restaurant so special! Our server, Gina, was so accommodating, professional, and friendly too! We both had the Petrale Sole and it was perfect!Special Features:
- Good foodwabash21VIPDined on 8/17/2014Overall good,the minestone soup seems very watered down, but salad very good. We had the cannoloni and salmon both very tastySpecial Features:
- Good Variety of Italian Food!MetroDiner48Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was like a remnant from the 70s, low lighting & dated, & might benefit from some renovation. That said, I thought the food was pretty decent & would go back if in the area. There were a lot of choices & combinations offered....all sounded great. We both had the raviolis with meat sauce & cream which was delicious!Special Features:
- Mmm-mmm-good!GrapegrowerDined on 8/13/2014Bertolucci's is a wonderful little place with some of the best 'Old World' Italian comfort dishes. The Saltimbacca was delicious as was the ravioli and meat sauce, and the New York steak...perfection. Try the Osso Busso if it's available, melt in your mouth! Cant get Italian like this anywhere in the Central Valley, now way, no how!Special Features:
- Very good dinnerLvdrinksnddinDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I along with my sister-in-law and her boyfriend ate dinner here last Saturday evening. We requested a booth on open table, but seats were ok, the waitress very friendly and the food was awesome. We have eaten here before and will again.Special Features:
- wabash21VIPDined on 8/8/2014Service and food were wonderful, I had the cannolli, and it was one of the best. All six of us were very pleased with the food.Special Features:
- 4greteatsDined on 8/5/2014Always found the food to be outstanding and great value, we go there for both special occasions and just because. I would recommend reservations because there always busy every night. One of my favorite dishes is the chicken parmesan,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceCBLTJLVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent and hot, service was good. Friendly old-time type of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 2014ck94112VIPDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner with a girlfriend... as always good food, nice waiter. Will go back often.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We made a reservation for 7pm on a Tuesday night and I'm glad I did. It was packed and we actually had to wait about 10-15 minutes for our table. I thought my salmon pasta was meh but chicken parm was well received. The crowd is older folks and the ambiance doesn't quite live up to the sweet sign that you can see from the freeway but it's not bad. Overall, I'd go again but probably not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a celebrationSFFoodieDined on 7/26/2014We were very pleased with our food and the service. The service was fast and efficient. The food was excellent. The event was a birthday celebration. This was a very good place for a celebration because it feels quite special. It is a beautiful room and the waiters and staff are very attentive. We will certainly choose Sodini's Bertolucci's for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodSharonVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have dined at Bertolucci's many times and have always had a wonderful meal. They are not tight with their liquor which is important since the price of a shot of liquor is $8 or more. The service is superb - such a nice staff. The food is always delicious - from their pasta dishes to their Veal Scallipine. I wish they had more than one kind of soup. They fried calamari is really good - wish they would have the tentacles instead of just rings. My family and I will continue to make Bertolucci's one of our regular dining spots.Special Features:
- An Experience to RemembernoneDined on 7/22/2014If you want a dining experience that is truly exceptional; I would highly recommend Bertolucci's for a dinner to remember.Special Features:
- mazda3Dined on 7/20/2014Cannot find any problems here. Plenty of great service, coupled with the wonderfully large amount of tasty food, and most of all, the noise level was very pleasing. Great place.Special Features:
- Good food and nice scenaryChuckDined on 7/20/2014This is a good spot for a date or a special occasion. I am Italian and from New York so Im critical when it comes to Italian food which is why I gave the food 3 stars only, but overall it is solid Italian food for the Bay Area. The staff are very nice and service is very goodSpecial Features:
- Excellent PlaceKathyDined on 7/20/2014The food was great and the service was excellent. Would recommend this place to anyone who wants great food and service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceSharonDined on 7/19/2014Service was great and food consistently good. Our family "go to" for impromptu get togethers and a business staple for out of town clients.Special Features:
- A FavoritebcorriganDined on 7/18/2014We love Bertolucci's - nice ambiance, staff is always friendly and food is great, especially the pasta.Special Features:
- ItalianLikefoodDined on 7/12/2014Italian food as it used to be; as it's supposed to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdiningoutDined on 7/12/2014Delicious food. We were a party of 5: three of us had veal saltembocca, one had chicken parm, and the other had steak. All of our dishes were delicious with generous proportions. We loved their cuisine and bread basket with specialty breads. Our only question was that we had told reservations that this was a birthday dinner at the time we made our reservation, the greeter said, "Birthday dinner?" when our group arrived and we said Yes, but then the waitress didn't say anything about it nor did she bring any ice cream or birthday dessert at the end. We had eaten there before and thought that a complimentary dessert/ ice cream was provided for the birthday person, but perhaps that has changed?Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSFNative43Dined on 7/12/2014First visit to this restaurant. Started great with plenty of free parking. Generous drinks and very reasonably priced. New York steak was delicious. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- SuperbCupcake44Dined on 7/11/2014Best Italian food I have ever had outstanding , I had chicken parm, and my boyfriend had p. sole I will try the whole menu i will go often now ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOR GROUPS OR JUST FOR TWOMERCIDined on 7/5/2014I HAVE COME HERE FOR JUST THE TWO OF US AND ALSO HAVE HOSTED A GROUP OF 16 AND THE SERVICE HAS BEEN THE SAME. FRIENDLY, GREAT FOOD AND A LOT OF FUN. GREAT TO BRING OUT OF TOWNERS. PARKING IS PRETTY GOOD. THEY HAVE A PARKING LOT AND IF FULL, THE STREET IS PRETTY GOOD FOR PARKING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZZZZZZBest!!mazda3Dined on 7/5/2014since we went to Bertolucci's, we have dined at 3 other places, had different types of Italian food. Bertolucci's is the best!!! We enjoyed everything. The calamari was awesomely plenty. In fact, portions here are the best for your money. If people complain about Bertolucci's, they are just people that you cannot satisfy. We eat out a lot and by gosh. This is for sure the best yet. Better than New Joe's, Better than any local eatery around for the money. Great place. Thank you for the service. Only thing was, I guess they do not honor birthday's????Special Features:
- DCAandFriendsDined on 6/28/2014Service was very good. Wine list was adequate but could be improved. Three of the four of us had the veal special which as Osso Bucco. It was served with soft polenta and was outstanding. All and all it was very good.Special Features:
- Bertolucci restaurantHappydinnerDined on 6/27/2014The food was great, the service was great and the music was soothing. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Probably will take it off my list of restaurant recommendations.
- Great PolentaSusanVIPDined on 6/26/2014The polenta was the best I've ever had. Seemed to contain fresh corn kernels & was delicious. The complementary pizza was very nice. The salad was delicious, minestrone ok, veal scalloppine very good (but lacked salt), saltimbocca too salty & the steak was very thin and the texture as if it had had tenderizer on it, and french fries greasy. The vegetables were fresh, but under-cooked. Most disappointing was the cannelloni, which we remembered from years ago. The pasta used to be very tender, the filling delicate & delicious, and it used to be covered in a delicious bechamel sauce. Now, pasta was not tender, filling tasted watery, as if it had been frozen, and it was now covered with stringy melted cheese...an unfortunate choice.
- Gem in the neighorhoodtinaADined on 6/25/2014Enjoyed lunch with a friend recently and service perfect and food all delicious.... Had the Salmon salad...fresh greens/lite dressing and big piece of fish. Corkage fee so reasonable...only $15 a bottle. Great lunchtime prices....will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/22/2014Why bother with a $50 cab ride? $5 bucks will get you here. Food is great and the staff is welcomingSpecial Features:
- NICKIEVIPDined on 6/21/2014I would always ask for table in corner booth or near.never order osso bucco! Noise level in rear of main room almost could not speak !!! Good piano bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the anticipationopentablecritiqueDined on 6/21/2014A long established restaurant. I haven't been here for years & it was worth it. Had the special ousso bucco...delciious served with fresh vegetables & delicious risotto & I don't like risotto. Perfect dinner, & worth it all. Thank you for still being in business. Always go to Westlake Joe's for comfort food & close to home, but since it has been closed since Januar 2014, Bertolucci's is my new place.Special Features:
- Always enjoyablessfdonnaDined on 6/21/2014Everything was very nice as usual for dinner on Saturday. Food very good and fresh, service nicely done. I had mentioned before that I was not sure if the water on the table was working well but in fact this time when I simply served myself when I wanted water - it was perfect!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Had the calamari for appetizer and it was great. Nice light batter and good sauce. Salad and dinner was delicious . Had pepper steak and the chicken breast dinner.Special Features:
- Great All Around Place to GoQumacyDined on 6/20/2014Terrific service, and food is wonderful. Comfortable and charming. Wonderful place to go for all around dinning pleasure. Love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday lunchck94112VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always a delicious lunch. We enjoy this restaurant for a short lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014I've lived on the peninsula my entire life and this was my first visit to Bertolucci's. It's a solid Italian American joint reminiscent of Westlake Joe's. Everyone at my table ordered different veal dishes (Parmesan, Milanese, Marsala) and we all cleaned our plates. Service is what you would expect in a neighborhood spot...mixture of kids and full time employees. The wine list is ok. Arrive early and hang out at the bar...its worth it to take in the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.