509 Myrtle Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://socobk.com/
- Phone: 7187831936
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: Tuesday - Sunday 12noon - 3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Soco
Soco is located in Brooklyn. We serve Cajun-Southern food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Soco reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)great for brunch (43)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (39)special occasion (31)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (19)romantic (12)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Red Velvet Waffles!!!hungryhippoDined on 8/24/2014The food was delicious and interesting enough to go back and try something else. Definitely a fun - loud - spot to check out.Special Features:
- Good Eats, Mediocre Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, I wished the Mac and cheese didn't have such much garlic. The buttermilk waffle with the fried chicken was outstanding! Service wise my waitress was terrible, it's understood that things can be a little busy, but that's no excuse for poor service. It can get pretty loud, but it isn't unbearable. Great lighting, good food, definitely would refer this restaurant for big groups, birthdays, etc. The location was pretty decent, very diverse, very live, but not too busy! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service IssuesBrunchDined on 8/17/2014I took my friend for brunch on 8/17/2014. The drinks took 15 mins to arrive. We tried the Ginger Flame and Habiscus Agrave Margarita both look great in a glass but didn't taste great. He brought us tap water with no ice in the glass. We asked for cornbread since our entree was taking a while, they charge $5. It was busy and very loud. I got the Pecan Crusted Pork Chop. I am not a fan of collard greens so the waiter offered string beans, then spinach, then told me they didn't have enough of either! After checking with the kitchen two times. All they had was the collard greens, which were fine. The Manager Clive was apologetic took care of us a the end. Beware they charge $5 for a can of coke!
- Great brunchNydineDined on 8/16/2014Love the chicken & waffles! The red velvet waffle is just heaven in your mouth. The chicken is crispy & well seasoned! A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had a friend's little birthday dinner at Soco. Food was to die for, service was excellent. A wonderful experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!!Dontnvme2Dined on 8/2/2014My hub & I enjoyed a lovely Saturday brunch here. We knew this restaurant would be great due to the line that had formed before the place even opened. We had reservations for noon and we were seated promptly in their gorgeous outdoor patio. Our waitress, Amy, was very inviting and kept my mimosa glass filled. Definite kudos for that!! For appetizers, we ordered the F-Que wings and the gumbo. Both were very tasty. For an entree, my husband had the Clinton Hill omelet with a side order of mac 'n cheese. I tried the mac and it was really good. I ordered the buttermilk fried chicken & red velvet waffles. They were delicious!!! We will be making the drive from our home on LI, to this awesome Brooklyn restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but the service was poorSoulfood1023Dined on 8/2/2014The food here is great but I wasn't so excited about the service that I received. I have come here before and ordered the fried chicken and was told that you get a chicken breast and two other pieces but on this visit I was told that wasn't true. The waiter was a little nasty about it and it reflected in his tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taking friends out in Brooklynjuicyj80Dined on 7/27/2014I didn't like that they sat us under air conditioning and rite next to door. The waiter never came back after he took order someone else brought out food and door man got us extra utensil and napkins. But the waiter got 18% gratuity.Special Features:
- Skip your expectationsFoodieDined on 7/25/2014The ambience is nice, the service is beyond excellent and the wine list is quite unique and the good is well cooked, but the food just didn't have that ummph! My mom didn't like her mash potatoes or how her grilled chicken tasted. I had the lobster and shrimp grits and I guarantee you if I tasted this dish before tasting grits for the first time, I would be hesitant to try it again. Then again, it could be my palate!Special Features:
- Lunch not much to pick fromurbanlifeDined on 7/16/2014I went to Soco for a 1 pm lunch this past Weds. Not much to choose from on the lunch entree menu, like 5 dishes. I was a little put off because I was looking forward to the Pecan Porkchops but was told that was on the dinner menu. that was to be lunch/dinner for me so again a little put off. I've been before on a Sunday and was able to have so that was where my confusion came in. My cousin had the salmon which looked amazing, she said it tasted ok, not a real foodie just kind of eats to live. My other two had the chicken n waffles, I tasted the waffles and they were very close to red velvet yet very good. Out waiter was amazing even offering a sample of the drinks we were going to order. The maitre d' came by to check on us, nice.Special Features:
- Soco was greatDopeDined on 7/13/2014Looking forward to going back! The food was great but that mac and cheese was something amazing ...Must try.Special Features:
- An Expensive Delightluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014I would eat here more often if I could afford it. The service is great from the host that greats you until your server hands you the bill.Special Features:
- Not my first timeNSWSDined on 7/3/2014This wasn't my first time at this restaurant but it's gotten worst from the first time I went. My waffles were cold the drinks were terrible
- don't get itconfusedDined on 7/1/2014The place is good and the food was great but for some odd reason they won't offer an extra waffle for the chicken & WAFFLES (emphasis on the s in waffles). I don't understand how its against your policy to give me more food especially if I'm willing to pay for it. It didn't make sense to me and I was very disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchJohnsonDined on 6/29/2014Went there for brunch with a friend. Our reservation was for 12 o'clock and I didn't realize that was when the restaurant opened. Right at 12 o'clock the doors opened and they were ready to serve us. The ambiance is great, and our waiter was timely and courteous. All of the brunch options sounded great. I got the sweet potatoe pancakes and I was NOT disappointed. Would definitely go there for brunch again. Note: They won't seat you until your entire party is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONBKDINE830Dined on 6/28/2014I made the reservations for my Bff for husband 47th birthday they had never been to Soco and I told her this would be great place to celebrate his birthday. My Bff text me half hour after their arrival and said THANKS FOR RECOMMEDATION WE ARE ENJOYING THE DRINKS, APPETIZERS AND DINNER. I was so HAPPY they enjoyed their food at Soco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surpriseKel30Dined on 6/22/2014We arrived late, and missed our reservation, but the hostess found us another table immediately. Although the place was busy, our Server did an excellent job of staying on top of his station. The food was excellent, and being a restaurant owner myself, I am pleased to give kudos to a place that has learned how to do Soul Food/Comfort Food right. Great Food + Great Service + Great Atmosphere = Winning Combination.Special Features:
- Chicken and WafflesPrincesskimmy66Dined on 6/22/2014First time at Soco's and won't be the last. Went with my girlfriends and we had a blast. Food was good, wait staff excellent and ambience nice. Only problem is that when it's hot outside sitting in the outside area not a good idea as you will bake like we did. The other problem was that the strawberry lemonade was more like water with some random pieces of strawberries, didn't like this one bit. Next time will stick with water. Overall a nice place for a Sunday brunch. P.S. place gets pack so arrive extra early for your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firts TimerLiliDined on 6/21/2014Me & two of my friends took our Mother's out for their birthdays and this is the first time that we all came to Soco. The service, atmosphere, the food was excellent. I would recommend Soco for any occasion. I differently will visit again!Special Features:
- Fried Chicken & A Red Velvet WaffleGlamMaMo380Dined on 6/21/2014All I can say is delicious!!! The Jambalaya and gumbo is delicious as well. And I can't forget the salmon. OMGoodness!!! If you haven't tried any of these dishes yet, I highly recommend you do.Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerBklynightDined on 6/20/2014I always enjoy going to Soco! The mac and cheese is excellent, and the service is on point as well.Special Features:
- Great foodYamsDined on 6/20/2014awesome experience I came here on my Birthday for lunch. I was greeted @ the door themMac and cheese was awesome I had the short rib pizza and it was excellent great service and experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern cuisinePurpleblossomDined on 6/15/2014Soco is an amazing restaurant with live music. I went on a Sunday night and their was a musician playing the violin throughout the evening. It was very soothing and relaxing. The food was exquisite and tasteful. I had an awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem !!treeciDined on 6/15/2014Went to soco to celebrate Father's Day. Made reservation. Without one there is a 45 min wait. Love the decor. Wait staff was very friendly and accommodating as my 2 yr old was a handful 😊 they didn't mind. I had the BBQ Asian chicken - delish ! My son had fried chicken n fries - fried chicken was so delightfully crisp and light and juicy. I'll def try the chicken and waffles next time. I had about 3 mimosas - lovely. Loved soco. Would def return. Only complaint: I wish the tables were a lil biggerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillmomof4Dined on 6/14/2014I was not happy at all. Our server was nonchalant, the food was subpar and the greeter was occupied. Success has gone to their heads. I'm done with them!
- Great 1st TimeGreatDined on 6/14/2014Great food, drinks. I will definitely return soon!!! Not kid-friendly thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved SocoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014Great place, great vibe and amazing food! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a server, the service was badServiceNightmareDined on 6/8/2014This is actually my third time at soco so I absolutely love their food. The Mac n cheese is to die for. The thing is no matter how good the food is or ambience, service has to be on point. My server was not attentive, took 40 mins to bring our drinks, food came a lil while after. Since he didn't check on us after the food n drinks were dropped he was unaware my friend hated her drink, it was too late to want something else because we were done with our food. He looked upset as well didn't come back to the table only to bring the check with the drink still on the bill. We were so over soco at that point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmoothBlazeDined on 6/6/2014It's was very smooth the red velvet waffle is to die for 😬😬😬Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinner.LadyShaeDined on 6/4/2014I enjoyed my shrimp gumbo, the wings were great. How ever it took a long time for my dinner to come; but I think the red velvet waffle and chicken was great! would definitely recommend friends to eat here. I want to go back again to check out the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience was wonderfulNyhqDined on 6/1/2014This was my first time at SOCO! It was a wonderful experience !!The waitress tabitha was great ,friendly , and patient !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!travel4foodDined on 5/31/2014Sexy atmosphere, sexy people, sexy food! Had a wonderful time. Food was great and definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn Southern Hospitalityluv2dineDined on 5/31/2014I had the grits with lobster and shrimp(gravy on the side), it was great even the day after. Service was on point, we came from a play so we were a few minutes late, we had to wait about 25 min to be seated no big deal. Short ribs were tasty, I usually share and sample but I didn't want to share so I didn't really sample the food of the other 5 ladies ;). Go and enjoy, I'm going with my family in July. All of the ladies enjoyed their eats.Special Features:
- Always great!almin1204VIPDined on 5/29/2014I'm a regular at Soco and I love their food and service! Waitress Sara is the sweetest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chicken and waffles champion.Mr615LoveDined on 5/24/2014I came hungry and left full. You got to get a side order of Mac and Cheese. They got me in with the commerical and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, location, and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Great for brunch with friends! Its a popular spot so I would recommend reservations. Everything we tasted, we enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time and wont be my lastBrooklynskyDined on 5/18/2014I actually heard about this place from Chef Roble and was amazed at his posting on Instagram. I knew I would have to try it. Now me not really liking Waffles I had to try the Red Velvet and chicken. I must say it exceeded my expectations, in short it was delicious. The Pork chops were outstanding from what I tasted from my friends plate. Its a definite go to spot... Next time I am in town I would love to try dinner. Oh yeah and beyond that the host was very accommodating as we were 5 minutes late past the grace period. Thank you for your generous hospitality... From a Brooklyn Native!Special Features:
- jdmamiDined on 5/17/2014Not bad. Enjoyed the food. I had the blackened salmon with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans. The drinks are also very good and worth the price. If reservations are made be on time, I was late and our table was given up after 10 mins past reservation time overall a great chill spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day DisasterniquekeDined on 5/11/2014I made reservations a month ahead. When we arrived there was a long line outside because they don't open until 12noon. After opening and waiting ten minutes to get to the front of the line we were seated. All the people before us waited to be told they were seating reservation only. this could have been avoided by making an announcement when the doors open so that the line would stay and the Reservations people walked in first. DID I MENTION NO ONE SAID HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! We were seated and waited 15 minutes for water? Then we waited 20 minutes for our drinks? we were a table of 4 and all the other tables that were seated after us received their drink orders and appetizers before us? not enough space to write the rest of this MD nightmareSpecial Features:
- SocoJacquieJVIPDined on 5/10/2014Had a great time. The food was delicious. The service was good. The portions were nice. We sat outside in an enclosed area. Felt good. Is bigger than it looks on the outside. Great find!Special Features: