509 Myrtle Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://socobk.com/
- Phone: 7187831936
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Brunch: Tuesday - Sunday 12noon - 3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: until 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary Southern, Cajun
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Soco
Soco is located in Brooklyn. We serve Cajun-Southern food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Soco reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (50)great for brunch (42)good for groups (37)great for lunch (26)special occasion (23)vibrant bar scene (22)romantic (21)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great foodfoodie513VIPDined on 10/19/2014Went there for brunch. I would definitely recommend getting a reservation or else the wait is long! Nice group of young hip professionals. Must try the mac and cheese! The collard greens were amazing. I had the fried chicken with the red velvet waffles. The soco sangria was amazing! I will be back!Special Features:
- A New Favoriteamarij2000Dined on 10/18/2014I have been dying to get SoCo. My husband and I drove an hour from Jersey. My heart was set on the Buttermilk Red Velvet Waffle and fried chicken with a side of mac & cheese. It was everything I dreamed it would be. Our waiter Sam was the best. This will be added to our lists of favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh, my Soco!LolaMoDined on 10/17/2014I have been to this location a couple times (about 4 or 5). Unfortunately, the last time I came the service was not good. We were a group of 5 and we had to keep reminding our server (Larry or Lawrence?) About our drinks and he completely forgot a Salmon we ordered. Its a 50/50 deal on going back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeluvsocosDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is awesome. The foods is great, the staff is friendly and very attentive. This is my new favorite restaurant. 5 stars and two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This was not my first visit or My first time having Tori as my waitress. Tori is nice but doesnt seem to be in a good mood the two times that I have had her. The food did take a very long time to come, but when it did the lobster shrimp and grits made it worth it. The taste was great and left me wanting more. The mac and cheese was also very good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlz Night Out In BrooklynBKDINE830Dined on 9/28/2014My Sista Friend and I wanted a cool spot in Brooklyn that offers great drinks, dinner and AWESOME DESSERT AND SOCA IS THE PLACE. I'M NEVER DISAPPOINTED WHEN I COME AND DINE AT SOCA.👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work to be done...ChanelNicoleDined on 9/27/2014I happened to eat here twice for brunch in one weekend...not recommended, but also not horrible. The food: shrimp/lobster & grits was filling and well prepared though it seemed to just be a lobster broth with no meat (at least not in my tray). The mimosas were average and would have been better served with a non-concentrate frozen juice. Our server was friendly, but a bit slow and the kitchen was horribly backed up. We waited nearly 55 minutes for our food. The only saving grace was our own good company. The server mentioned that two of the kitchen staff but I returned the next day (not by choice it was a group decision) and we experienced the same LONG and seemingly inexplicable wait. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- The hype, was it worth it?Zero2OneHundredDined on 9/26/2014Made reservations for 5 and was accomodated when the 5th diner didn't come. So, I came here for the chicken & waffles, after hearing so much about them. Chicken was tasty but I didn't care for the red velvet waffle at all - too doughy for my liking but the Mac & cheese was good. Overall, the space was nice & staff was friendly. My only issue was that other diners were superrrr loud -_- to the point where you could only hear the beat to a song. Was there even music playing? Ehh ..Lest we forget, SoCo is a restaurant, not a lounge so be considerate of your speaking volume. The scene was nice though, young crowd. I'd come here again. Most likely. Maybe. It's in Bklyn. Check it out though and scratch it off your list of restaurants to visit. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Took my girlfriend and her daughter out for lunch. Te place was slow. We order a bottle of wine. Which was so good, and a strawberry lemonade for the Baby. Two couple came in about 10 minutes after us an a group of five people also came in. Their orders all came before ours and we ordered before them. The manager didn't even try to satisfy us or even showed he cared so we paid for the wine and left as soon as the food came about about 1 and a half hour after the fact. Would never go back to this place very slow service. Sucks!!!!!!Special Features:
- EatingNowDined on 9/21/2014Service was great, drinks were even better! Bar was a full and so was the dining room ~ and every soul seemed happy as a clam, myself included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!almin1204VIPDined on 9/18/2014I'm a regular at Soco and it's one of the best in the city, for comfort food and southern cuisine!Special Features:
- Thumbs up!!Food4LifeDined on 9/18/2014Food ✅ drinks✅ service✅ ambience✅ hot spot✅ Chic✅ What's not to love 👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTeddyTeddDined on 9/13/2014Very nice mature place with a mature crowd. Good vibesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern GoodChardjDined on 9/13/2014Food was great. If you're a good lover and you like to try exciting and new food. This is the spot. Had the Pecan Crusted Pork Chops and this was a hit. The SoCo Sangria was also delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoCoAshleyDined on 9/13/2014This is my second time here and I absolutely love the food and how vibrant the atmosphere is. Both times I've been here, the waiters have had great outgoing personalities and were well informed about the menu and gave recommendations before I could even look at the menu (which was great because I'm beyond indecisive.) The only thing I would have to say is for he waiters to pace themselves a little better to attend to their tables more often. I'm not one to love the attention of a waiter harassing me every two seconds to ask me how I'm doing, but a little but more attention would have been good. I would have ordered more drinks. All in all, I loved my experience here and will come back for brunch. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Velvet Waffles w/Fried ChickenNikkiNYCVIPDined on 9/13/2014My two favorite items on the menu are the Red Velvet Waffles w/Fried Chicken and a side of collard greens. The ambiance is fantastic with the music and the vibe of the waitstaff and customers. The cocktails are extremely well made and so tasty!! I love Soco a little bit more each time I visit if that is even possible because I love SOCO!Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This was my first time going to Soco and definitely see myself and my family coming here again. Nice little spot. The waffles and chicken was the highlight of the meal! Also the mac and cheese was a pleasure as well.Special Features:
- Soco is awesome!PeacockDined on 9/6/2014I've been hearing about the chicken and waffles for a while and finally got to try it. I fell in love and it's the best! There's nothing to complain about because everything was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Great time with hubby & son... For my birthday brunch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBobMinchakDined on 9/5/2014I am glad SoCo is around the corner from my home. Dinners have always been great and have a Southern feel to the menu. Not that many place have Fried Chicken and Waffles on the menu. You have to have a drink or two at the bar before sitting down, no short shots here. The wine list isn't big, but it complements the menu well. I will be back again, and again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good soul food in a crowdy spotTravelerDined on 9/5/2014I visited Soco with my familiy on a Friday night. The place is moderm and lovely. The service quite attentive and the food is worth the trip from Manhattan. I recommend the chicken with waffel and the california rolls. The noise is the only negative note. There where many big noisy groups there and was not posible to keep a quiet talk in our party while dining.Special Features:
- great spoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was and absolutely unexpected gem. Its in a good neighborhood parking was fine. The food was amazing and the drinks were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Soco'sloe2958Dined on 8/30/2014I think Soco's is the best place every food is great the service is great waiters are cute and very kid friendly.oh almost forgot the unlimited mimosas awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but...Jazz830Dined on 8/29/2014I dined on 8/29/14 for my fiance's 35th birthday. We had a party of 4. The waiter, Alex, informed us that there would be a wait for the food. but he would bring us complimentary cornbread. He returned with 3 pieces of cornbread and someone in my party said "hey we need one more piece". Alex responded wth "well it's free" with a tone that basically translated into why are you asking for an extra piece as if you're paying for it. I was a bit shocked at his reply since after all he offered the cornbread to us. why offer something if you aren't going to accommodate the entire party? Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved ittammieNcaDined on 8/27/2014Went there with my son, boyfriend and grandma. Loved the fried chicken and red velvet waffle. Very creative and fun to eat. The butternut squash was incredible too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low key food by the WillamsburgLyfeisFoodDined on 8/26/2014Soco is absolutely the best soul food spot you can find. I've been here so many times and every time the food tickles my taste buds. The mac and Cheese or Creole Gumbo are a sure please. Not to mention there famous Fried Chicken & Red Velvet waffles, are delight able. If your looking for a restaurant that offers class without all the hoopla and good food. This is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red Velvet Waffles!!!hungryhippoDined on 8/24/2014The food was delicious and interesting enough to go back and try something else. Definitely a fun - loud - spot to check out.Special Features:
- Good Eats, Mediocre Service.HonestCritiques20Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, I wished the Mac and cheese didn't have such much garlic. The buttermilk waffle with the fried chicken was outstanding! Service wise my waitress was terrible, it's understood that things can be a little busy, but that's no excuse for poor service. It can get pretty loud, but it isn't unbearable. Great lighting, good food, definitely would refer this restaurant for big groups, birthdays, etc. The location was pretty decent, very diverse, very live, but not too busy! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service IssuesBrunchDined on 8/17/2014I took my friend for brunch on 8/17/2014. The drinks took 15 mins to arrive. We tried the Ginger Flame and Habiscus Agrave Margarita both look great in a glass but didn't taste great. He brought us tap water with no ice in the glass. We asked for cornbread since our entree was taking a while, they charge $5. It was busy and very loud. I got the Pecan Crusted Pork Chop. I am not a fan of collard greens so the waiter offered string beans, then spinach, then told me they didn't have enough of either! After checking with the kitchen two times. All they had was the collard greens, which were fine. The Manager Clive was apologetic took care of us a the end. Beware they charge $5 for a can of coke!
- Great brunchNydineDined on 8/16/2014Love the chicken & waffles! The red velvet waffle is just heaven in your mouth. The chicken is crispy & well seasoned! A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Had a friend's little birthday dinner at Soco. Food was to die for, service was excellent. A wonderful experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!!Dontnvme2Dined on 8/2/2014My hub & I enjoyed a lovely Saturday brunch here. We knew this restaurant would be great due to the line that had formed before the place even opened. We had reservations for noon and we were seated promptly in their gorgeous outdoor patio. Our waitress, Amy, was very inviting and kept my mimosa glass filled. Definite kudos for that!! For appetizers, we ordered the F-Que wings and the gumbo. Both were very tasty. For an entree, my husband had the Clinton Hill omelet with a side order of mac 'n cheese. I tried the mac and it was really good. I ordered the buttermilk fried chicken & red velvet waffles. They were delicious!!! We will be making the drive from our home on LI, to this awesome Brooklyn restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but the service was poorSoulfood1023Dined on 8/2/2014The food here is great but I wasn't so excited about the service that I received. I have come here before and ordered the fried chicken and was told that you get a chicken breast and two other pieces but on this visit I was told that wasn't true. The waiter was a little nasty about it and it reflected in his tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taking friends out in Brooklynjuicyj80Dined on 7/27/2014I didn't like that they sat us under air conditioning and rite next to door. The waiter never came back after he took order someone else brought out food and door man got us extra utensil and napkins. But the waiter got 18% gratuity.Special Features:
- Skip your expectationsFoodieDined on 7/25/2014The ambience is nice, the service is beyond excellent and the wine list is quite unique and the good is well cooked, but the food just didn't have that ummph! My mom didn't like her mash potatoes or how her grilled chicken tasted. I had the lobster and shrimp grits and I guarantee you if I tasted this dish before tasting grits for the first time, I would be hesitant to try it again. Then again, it could be my palate!Special Features:
- Lunch not much to pick fromurbanlifeDined on 7/16/2014I went to Soco for a 1 pm lunch this past Weds. Not much to choose from on the lunch entree menu, like 5 dishes. I was a little put off because I was looking forward to the Pecan Porkchops but was told that was on the dinner menu. that was to be lunch/dinner for me so again a little put off. I've been before on a Sunday and was able to have so that was where my confusion came in. My cousin had the salmon which looked amazing, she said it tasted ok, not a real foodie just kind of eats to live. My other two had the chicken n waffles, I tasted the waffles and they were very close to red velvet yet very good. Out waiter was amazing even offering a sample of the drinks we were going to order. The maitre d' came by to check on us, nice.Special Features:
- Soco was greatDopeDined on 7/13/2014Looking forward to going back! The food was great but that mac and cheese was something amazing ...Must try.Special Features:
- An Expensive Delightluv2dineDined on 7/12/2014I would eat here more often if I could afford it. The service is great from the host that greats you until your server hands you the bill.Special Features:
- Not my first timeNSWSDined on 7/3/2014This wasn't my first time at this restaurant but it's gotten worst from the first time I went. My waffles were cold the drinks were terrible
- don't get itconfusedDined on 7/1/2014The place is good and the food was great but for some odd reason they won't offer an extra waffle for the chicken & WAFFLES (emphasis on the s in waffles). I don't understand how its against your policy to give me more food especially if I'm willing to pay for it. It didn't make sense to me and I was very disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.