Society on High
99 High Street
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Society on High
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.societyboston.com/
- Phone: (857) 350-4555
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Drinks Only, 10pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Society on High
From chef-owner Ian Just of Les Zygomates and Sorriso, comes a new venue featuring New England Bistro fare and inspired cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Society on High - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Society on High reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (34)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great for lunchMJFinDined on 11/21/2014Good food, convenient location in the Financial District. Quick service, some clever menu items, a bit crowded - reliable and solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Workday LunchGeoffDined on 11/14/2014I went to luck here last Friday with a friend. We had a very nice lunch. The food was quite pleasant and a good value. Service was attentive but not intrusive. During the summer, it is a joy to eat outside on a nice day. By the way, this place has a very active bar scene on Friday and Saturday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for a business lunchGIgiVIPDined on 10/28/2014Just that much nicer than other financial district venues; food is well presented and tasty. Delicious coq au vin and respectable creme brulee. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreRRtasterDined on 10/27/2014The ambiance is pleasant, although at lunchtime diners facing the windows are blinded in strong sunlight. My lunch companion enjoyed her crab sandwich, and the lettuce was very fresh on my Caesar salad, but the salmon on top was very overcooked. Service was generally good but not great.
- Didn't love the foodSweetpeaVIPDined on 10/21/2014I ordered the burger and it was over cooked and lacked flavor. The place was packed and very noisy. Not the best experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014This was a corporate team lunch. Everyone enjoyed the lunch and sitting outside on the patio on a nice day! It's also conveniently located to our office, and they seem to accommodate the lunch crowd. Thank you. DonnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014Food is very good and staff is very friendly. We were there for lunch. The only negative is that it was cold. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Luncheon SptLunchLoverDined on 9/25/2014Glad we made a reservation... this place books up for lunch! Service was excellent. We wanted crab cakes for an appetizer but they were listed as an entrée. Our server said they'd be happy to prepare two of them for us as appetizers. My dish, the halibut, melted in my mouth. It came with a sweet potato dish of some sort; also excellent. My husband said his turkey burger was very good (by turkey burger standards.) We didn't stay to sample the desserts. But, I would gladly go back again. And would also like to try it for dinner.Special Features:
- Super lunch and not rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014We went to Society on High to celebrate the arrival of new team members to our work group. It was great to get exactly what we wanted (each of us had some specific requests for the kitchen and there was no fuss about that)and to not feel rushed. Next time I'd love to sit outside. It looks lovely -- despite being in the heart of the financial district -- it feels like an oasis! Good food, nice ambiance and quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Food was good, and Priscilla was pretty good.....but my client was seated, then when I walked in they did not tell me she was already seated. Need to communicate better to make sure that does not happenSpecial Features:
- Not a good experienceUnhappydiner101Dined on 8/28/2014My group was very disappointed in this restaurant. The first time I dined here it was good this time was just awful. The waitress was pleasant but not attentive. My water had something floating in it so I asked for another glass which I did not get until I was nearly done with my meal then it tasted awful. My dining companions asked for more bread and never got it. One asked for salmon on her salad and had to send it back to the kitchen because there was no salmon on it. My chicken was cold as were my roasted red peppers. Salad dressing on my salad when I said I did not want any as I have food allergies. Shrimp on my friend's salad were tiny and very overcooked. I would not revisit again.Special Features:
- Great food, nonexistent serviceAnon224Dined on 8/28/2014I had a noon reservation for 2 and was seated promptly, but waited at LEAST 20 minutes for a waitress to even appear. She offered a drink order and we ordered our food too. That was the last we saw of her. Food was delicious, not that a single person came by to ask or check on us. It was nearly an hour after we ordered our food that some one finally came by to clear our plates and we were able to ask for the check. I can't recommend this restaurant for lunch unless no one cares if you are missing from your office for 2 hours during the middle of the day.
- Good atmosphere, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014I don't know if this was an off day, but service was terrible. Came for lunch on a Thursday - had a reservation at noon. Had to get up after 20 minutes of nobody coming over to ask the hostess for our waitress. She finally came to take our order, we had two eggplant sandwiches The food came after 1pm. That was more than an hour after we sat. We were in a rush to get out and the waitress never came to bring us our check so I had to get up again to find her and give her my credit card. The entire lunch took an hour and 45 mins. We saw the same table turn over twice in our lunch there. I've been before for drinks and the atmosphere is great, but the lunch service we had was awful.Special Features:
- Pretty goodFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We started with the mushroom flatbread pizza which was great. Also very good drinks. But I then had the shrimp tacos, which were mediocre. It was also much darker in the restaurant than it looked online.Special Features:
- Outstanding.....GeodinerDined on 8/26/2014The new menu is outstanding... Great too see Ian and glad to know he is back in the kitchen...the risotto was perfectly cooked and delicious, and the tuna au poivre had my taste buds in ecstasy. Thanks for a great meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mea1Dined on 8/13/2014Nice to have a place that seems to fit in this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwayscamcquDined on 8/12/2014This is my go to restaurant. Food is always good with a varied selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunch spotmjbosDined on 8/11/2014Great for business lunch in the financial district. Interesting menu, pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch in financial districthryb14VIPDined on 8/8/2014Nice sit-down lunch on a Friday in the financial district...service was solid and the food all came out quickly and was tasty...had the cobb salad with avocado and it was very good...all in all, a solid place for lunch w/friends or co-workers downtown.Special Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the Society on High reviews archive.
- LudwigDined on 7/21/2014Food is excellent. We were seated outside in the front away from the other tables and kind of forgotten. Waited awhile for a waitress and again for the check. Other than that, it was a good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Outdoor LunchGeoffDined on 7/21/2014Two of us had a delightful lunch here yesterday. Although inside tables look quite nice, sitting at a table outside on a nice summer day (either in the sun or the shade) is wonderful. Very nice food and service too.Special Features:
- Excellent food and cocktailsHappycamperVIPDined on 7/16/2014I have been to society on high a few times now and have yet to be disappointed by anything. The food is fantastic, the drinks are well made and the service couldn't be more efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014the a.c. was a tad high but everything else was spot on!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchEROSSDined on 6/26/2014An excellent lunch experience. There were five in our party and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The service an atmosphere was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Financial District GemmomatworkDined on 6/25/2014This is a great restaurant to go to with colleagues, meet up with friends for drinks/dinner, or an office lunch/dinner celebration. Great location - outdoor option is a plus!Special Features:
- Wonderful Lunch on PatioGeoffDined on 6/24/2014Three of us had a truly delightful lunch two days ago on the patio of Society on High. The food was really good, the drinks excellent, the service was fine, the outdoor tables were nicely far apart from eat other, and the overall experience of eating lunch outside in Boston on a nice day (and yet having some shade) was wonderful. The price - about $50 before tip - was reasonable too. An outdoor eating nice gem in Boston's financial district (although lots of people choose to eat inside, which also looked nice).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Been there 3 times now. Once for dinner, twice for lunch. Food is just bland. Service this time was terrible as well.
- Enjoyable lunch outsideMish2702Dined on 6/16/2014Had a great lunch here - gorgeous day outside. Our food came out pretty fast, which is always appreciated during the work-week. The servers refilled our waters regularly. I got a turkey burger which was delicious - the fries weren't my favorite, but I would definitely try the salad next time as my friend said their dressing is great. I would definitely come back again and try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- Good food and ambianceTomSFVIPDined on 6/12/2014I went to Society on 2 different occasions for business lunches. Service was friendly but food took a long time to arrive on both occasions. Food choices and quality was above average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I have enjoyed Society on High many times. The food and service is consistently good. Our reservation was honored on time and we were seated promptly, even before our entire party arrived. I was pleased to see some new specials on the menu, although I tend to order my favorite cobb salad most often. I will return again.Special Features:
- Just know what you're getting intoimopinionatedVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is a schizophrenic restaurant touting great food (and the food was decent). What's not clear is that it converts to a nightclub about 10, and the scene completely changes. We had a 9:30 reservation, and at 10 the noise level ramped up beyond belief and our server disappeared. We received our appetizers along with our main courses. I never rush through a meal, but the gaps between courses were excessive. In fact, we were forced to ask repeatedly when our food would be ready, and ended up dealing with three different servers (who were clearly not communicating with each other). This is a "vibrant" pick-up scene with lots of 20-somethings. Yet the restaurant is clearly trying to offer a creative menu. I'm not sure it can do both.
- Terrible menu, worse foodLessieVIPDined on 6/6/2014The menu at the restaurant was not what we saw online. It was much smaller. The food was salty and covered in a gravy that made the lamb chops inedible. Go for drinks, not for food. We were there at dinner time and should have known just by seeing no one eating.Special Features:
- Good tasty quick business lunchandrewhbostonVIPDined on 5/29/2014Took some job interview candidates there and had good food as well as an ability to have a good conversation. Was quick and tasty and not wicked expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch with great service!ChristianDined on 5/29/2014Great lunch with friend, efficient service! Great place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Society is more than a barfrankieb3Dined on 5/28/2014Surprised by the creative lunch menu and delicious food. My client REALLY enjoyed it. Highly recommended by two foodies.Special Features:
- Nice spot but food a bit banalWasabiDined on 5/21/2014Mainly sandwiches and salads ... go here for a nice lunch outside when weather is nice but find something else for an evening outSpecial Features:
- PerfectcatabaluVIPDined on 5/2/2014The food was great, the waitstaff was friendly and the outside seating was a bonus treat.Special Features:
- Great for business lunch.MJFinDined on 4/24/2014Convenient in the financial food. Interesting menu, good food; make sure to get reservations as it fills up at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2014Reservation for 12:30 and we were not seated till 1250. (not good if you only have an hour for lunch) 3 of us were squeezed into a table for 2. Then it took about 20 mimutes to even get water never mind getting noticed by the server. The food was ok, but my meal was cold. I could not send it back for fear of another 30 minute wait. There are better lucnh places in town.
- Good Lunch SpotTheBigDivaVIPDined on 4/9/2014Stopped by here on one of the first nice days of spring. Loved the setting of the bar. Food was pretty good. Friendly service. Will definitely visit again.Special Features: