Society on High
99 High Street
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Society on High
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.societyboston.com/
- Phone: 8573504555x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Drinks Only, 10pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Society on High
From chef-owner Ian Just of Les Zygomates and Sorriso, comes a new venue featuring New England Bistro fare and inspired cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Society on High - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Society on High reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (15)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)special occasion (6)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Pretty goodFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We started with the mushroom flatbread pizza which was great. Also very good drinks. But I then had the shrimp tacos, which were mediocre. It was also much darker in the restaurant than it looked online.Special Features:
- Outstanding.....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014The new menu is outstanding... Great too see Ian and glad to know he is back in the kitchen...the risotto was perfectly cooked and delicious, and the tuna au poivre had my taste buds in ecstasy. Thanks for a great meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mea1Dined on 8/13/2014Nice to have a place that seems to fit in this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwayscamcquDined on 8/12/2014This is my go to restaurant. Food is always good with a varied selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business lunch spotmjbosDined on 8/11/2014Great for business lunch in the financial district. Interesting menu, pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotcamcquDined on 7/31/2014Society on High is consistently good. There food has a slight Mediterranean flair that is delicious. I have been 4 or 5 times and have never had the same thing twice - there are too many good options. The regular menu is great and the specials are special. Making another reservation as soon as I finish this review.Special Features:
- LudwigDined on 7/21/2014Food is excellent. We were seated outside in the front away from the other tables and kind of forgotten. Waited awhile for a waitress and again for the check. Other than that, it was a good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Outdoor LunchGeoffDined on 7/21/2014Two of us had a delightful lunch here yesterday. Although inside tables look quite nice, sitting at a table outside on a nice summer day (either in the sun or the shade) is wonderful. Very nice food and service too.Special Features:
- Excellent food and cocktailsHappycamperDined on 7/16/2014I have been to society on high a few times now and have yet to be disappointed by anything. The food is fantastic, the drinks are well made and the service couldn't be more efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014the a.c. was a tad high but everything else was spot on!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchEROSSDined on 6/26/2014An excellent lunch experience. There were five in our party and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The service an atmosphere was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Financial District GemmomatworkDined on 6/25/2014This is a great restaurant to go to with colleagues, meet up with friends for drinks/dinner, or an office lunch/dinner celebration. Great location - outdoor option is a plus!Special Features:
- Wonderful Lunch on PatioGeoffDined on 6/24/2014Three of us had a truly delightful lunch two days ago on the patio of Society on High. The food was really good, the drinks excellent, the service was fine, the outdoor tables were nicely far apart from eat other, and the overall experience of eating lunch outside in Boston on a nice day (and yet having some shade) was wonderful. The price - about $50 before tip - was reasonable too. An outdoor eating nice gem in Boston's financial district (although lots of people choose to eat inside, which also looked nice).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Been there 3 times now. Once for dinner, twice for lunch. Food is just bland. Service this time was terrible as well.
- Enjoyable lunch outsideMish2702Dined on 6/16/2014Had a great lunch here - gorgeous day outside. Our food came out pretty fast, which is always appreciated during the work-week. The servers refilled our waters regularly. I got a turkey burger which was delicious - the fries weren't my favorite, but I would definitely try the salad next time as my friend said their dressing is great. I would definitely come back again and try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- Good food and ambianceTomSFVIPDined on 6/12/2014I went to Society on 2 different occasions for business lunches. Service was friendly but food took a long time to arrive on both occasions. Food choices and quality was above average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I have enjoyed Society on High many times. The food and service is consistently good. Our reservation was honored on time and we were seated promptly, even before our entire party arrived. I was pleased to see some new specials on the menu, although I tend to order my favorite cobb salad most often. I will return again.Special Features:
- Just know what you're getting intoimopinionatedVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is a schizophrenic restaurant touting great food (and the food was decent). What's not clear is that it converts to a nightclub about 10, and the scene completely changes. We had a 9:30 reservation, and at 10 the noise level ramped up beyond belief and our server disappeared. We received our appetizers along with our main courses. I never rush through a meal, but the gaps between courses were excessive. In fact, we were forced to ask repeatedly when our food would be ready, and ended up dealing with three different servers (who were clearly not communicating with each other). This is a "vibrant" pick-up scene with lots of 20-somethings. Yet the restaurant is clearly trying to offer a creative menu. I'm not sure it can do both.
- Terrible menu, worse foodLessieVIPDined on 6/6/2014The menu at the restaurant was not what we saw online. It was much smaller. The food was salty and covered in a gravy that made the lamb chops inedible. Go for drinks, not for food. We were there at dinner time and should have known just by seeing no one eating.Special Features:
- Good tasty quick business lunchandrewhbostonVIPDined on 5/29/2014Took some job interview candidates there and had good food as well as an ability to have a good conversation. Was quick and tasty and not wicked expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch with great service!ChristianDined on 5/29/2014Great lunch with friend, efficient service! Great place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Society is more than a barfrankieb3Dined on 5/28/2014Surprised by the creative lunch menu and delicious food. My client REALLY enjoyed it. Highly recommended by two foodies.Special Features:
- Nice spot but food a bit banalWasabiDined on 5/21/2014Mainly sandwiches and salads ... go here for a nice lunch outside when weather is nice but find something else for an evening outSpecial Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Society on High reviews archive.
- PerfectcatabaluVIPDined on 5/2/2014The food was great, the waitstaff was friendly and the outside seating was a bonus treat.Special Features:
- Great for business lunch.MJFinDined on 4/24/2014Convenient in the financial food. Interesting menu, good food; make sure to get reservations as it fills up at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2014Reservation for 12:30 and we were not seated till 1250. (not good if you only have an hour for lunch) 3 of us were squeezed into a table for 2. Then it took about 20 mimutes to even get water never mind getting noticed by the server. The food was ok, but my meal was cold. I could not send it back for fear of another 30 minute wait. There are better lucnh places in town.
- Good Lunch SpotTheBigDivaVIPDined on 4/9/2014Stopped by here on one of the first nice days of spring. Loved the setting of the bar. Food was pretty good. Friendly service. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Another great business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2014Good food, good service, a great place for a business lunch in the financial district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare PleaseDisappointedVIPDined on 3/11/2014I asked for a rare steak but it came out well done. I kindly asked the waitress to please have it re-made. My companion's food came out and after 15 minutes I'd not seen my waitress or new steak (I could have used more water and maybe another drink). When the manager walked by I stopped him to say "I really don't want my meal, just the check". He started to have an argument with me about how my steak was fine the first time and how I'd not been waiting very long. I used to eat there for lunch all the time because it's close to my office. I'll not be going back anytime soon.
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/6/2014I love the decor, but the menu needs some work....Special Features:
- LuncheonlunchmtgDined on 2/20/2014As our visit was during the Olympics and the women's hockey team was playing, the noise factor was a slight issue trying to have a conversation. However, the specials of the day were 100% awesome. I had the swordfish which was done to perfection. My associates both had the salmon and could not stop raving how good it was. I also had the opportunity a few months earlier to visit the establishment for a group dinner. The service and food was excellent, which is why I picked this location for the luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made this reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014I made this reservation for another person (I did not also attend), but I understand there were no problems or complaints about the meal or otherwise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great add to Financial DistrictScottyKDined on 2/18/2014Having worked at 99 High before, this has been a great use of space and love the outdoor seating (except right now in February). Nice lunch choice to add to growing list of sit down restaurants for business lunchesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentines day dinnerlay1234Dined on 2/14/2014valentines day dinner at SOH was great. food was delicious and drinks were awesome. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. easy and comfortable dining experience without any specials being pushed on us or over the top servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at SocietyJml1Dined on 2/11/2014Like the food, the atmosphere -hate all the "high tables and stools". Somewhat overbooked at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lively business lunchmjbosDined on 2/7/2014Good lively business lunch spot. Surprisingly good and interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spot!hryb14VIPDined on 2/7/2014Had a delicious burger here for lunch...restaurant was very busy / energetic but the food came out timely and the burger was excellent...would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great place, service OKBostonJoeDined on 1/30/2014The water just needed a little bit of american training, but with a little prodding he was fine. Great ambiance for a business lunch. Great food.
- Enjoy the Society on High Surprize!IcemanDined on 1/24/2014Very enjoyable evening. My wife and I had dinner before a large group gathering at the same restaurant. The food, service, and ambiance for dinner was quite nice. The service for the group function in the bar was also quite good. A very nice night!Special Features:
- Very good food for the role they plOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/24/2014I've seen some uneven reviews for this restaurant. I had lunch there with 4 friends the other day---the service was very strong, which had been a complaint of some reviewers. The food preparation was equally strong --- I had the fisherman stew which was truly outstanding, especially on a chilly day.. I'd have to give a strong recommendation based upon our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.