72 Henry Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.socialebk.com/
- Phone: (718) 576-3588
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rosendo Lozano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at email@example.com to have your event customized to your needs.
A word from Sociale
Located in the middle of the beautiful historic district of Brooklyn Heights, Sociale is committed to producing high quality gastronomy, mixing traditional and visionary authentic Italian cuisine in an equally authentic setting. Sociale utilizes fresh and locally grown ingredients. Outstanding customer care is central to our mission. Sociale is known for its excellent food; vibrant atmosphere; friendly and professional staff; and thick Italian accents!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sociale - Best Restaurants in Brooklyn Heights ›
Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (36)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (19)great for brunch (17)special occasion (14)great for lunch (12)hot spot (12)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A great neighborhood ItalianHeightsistaVIPDined on 11/19/2014This cozy corner restaurant has enhanced the quality of Brooklyn Heights' emerging Henry Street restaurant row. This is Italian cuisine marked by perfect pasta's divine petto d'oca and wonderfully grilled Branzino. The atmosphere can be cozy and romantic in a summer evening, with its simple candle lit decor. But it can be a bit loud in winter, with all doors closed and a full house. But food and friendly service trump a little noise. We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best aroundBarrybeeVIPDined on 11/10/2014Sociale is unique for a neighborhood restaurant. I would travel to eat there. They serve different kinds of cuisine in a lovely atmosphere. A big plus for me is that it is right across the street from my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanLatedinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Will not recommend, too many other great nearby restaurants that are much better. Cute looking place but the food was nothing to write home about. I did not like my frite appitizer, the Bronzino was just ok, the spaghetti with marinara was bland.Special Features:
- Too noisy to talk!MarthaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Too loud to talk. Tables too close. Waiter brought all food at once, one main course before the soup. Some food was very good but, altogether, was not a happy experience.
- perfect neighborhood restobheightsVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food at Sociale is so good that we go back often ... it starts and ends with the food - always reliably excellent ... The chef really cares, and it shows... From the temperature of the food to the way it's presented ... Service is also always perfect - friendly, competent ... With a warm room (with good lighting) and just the right amount of noise -- hard to imagine a better, more reliable Brooklyn (or anywhere in NYC) restaurant... Hope it stays around for a LONG time ....Special Features:
- ALWAYS FANTASTICDelishVIPDined on 11/1/2014Sociale is never a disappointment. In fact, just the opposite! I have been here numerous times, and have never been disappointed - - excellent food & wine, excellent service, TOP NOTCH!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS USUAL, A GREAT EXPERIENCEDrSueDined on 10/30/2014Sociale is beyond our family's everyday budget, but we like to eat there on special occasions. They never disappoint. The owner remembers us even when we haven't been back for months. The food is uniformly delicious, and the service is expert and friendly. It does get a little loud but we tend to go early enough so that isn't a real problem.Special Features:
- Good food but very noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014I have been here twice and really enjoyed my food both times - wine was good, interesting choices... But both times was during bad weather and we sat inside. It was insanely noisy, not just a table talking loud, but everyone is very loud there. Eating outside mught be better and I'm willing to try again because it's really good food in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top-notchsthrngrlnycVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is the best restaurant in Brooklyn Heights, hands-down. All of the ingredients are fresh, the specials are always worth trying, and the service is extremely attentive. The portion sizes aren't huge, but this isn't a checkered tablecloth, red-sauce joint with a candle in a chianti bottle - not that there's anything wrong with that. There's a time and place for that, too. It's just that is not what this place is. Francesco, who oversees the place, came from Il Gattopardo in the city, which is an institution, and he elevates the experience so that you truly enjoy every bite. His wine list is carefully thought out, and there are some rockstar bottles for very reasonable prices. Just go! :)Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceRonaldVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food here is always great. It is tasty, hot and beautifully presented. I have become a regular! This is truly good food presented with an excellent Italian twist. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Perfect every time!WonderlandDined on 10/12/2014Very consistent, delicious food! All the single ladies: the owner is very charming, the Italian one. The other one is taken and his wife is crazy! LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyMaralara33Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant was almost empty when we arrived , but very noisy. The workers and some friends were speaking very loud. The food was nice, the wine options are almost italian.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014Our second visit to Sociale, and it was just as great as the first time! Delicious apps, imaginative entrees!Special Features:
- AmazingEnjoyedVIPDined on 10/1/2014Blown away by the amazing service and great food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean food at a good pricekvreatDined on 10/1/2014I had dinner with a girlfriend at Sociale last night. It is smaller than the pictures online but quite clean and cozy. The staff is attentive. The menu offers something for everyone - it is broken into appetizers, salads, pasta, entree - we each had an appetizer and a salad which was plenty of food and delicious also. I would recommend the seared tuna on the salad menu (di tonno) - slices of seared tuna on a bed of arugula with a lovely sauce. The fried calamari appetizer was just ok - it looked beautiful and plentiful but it was a bit greasy and the calamari were in thin strings so there wasn't much substance to the dish. The sauteed spinach & brussel sprouts on the salad menu are delicious. overall a neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014dinner was delicious, felt it was a bit rushed and the noise level for a Tuesday night was a bit high would not like to be there on a weekend night; staff friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Dining Experience...LoveGreatFoodDined on 9/19/2014Great depth of food, ambience and service. Incredible staff. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The service was great - the servers were on point in providing exemplary customer service. The food was delicious and quite fulfilling! The ambiance of the restaurant was just the right one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzDuBoDined on 9/14/2014I went with two friends for brunch. It was ok. Not special and not bad either. Pancakes were promising from the menu, but not tasty at all. Strawberries were not even fresh! Bothersome were the waitors constantly asking to take away the plates although we were not finished yet. Ice in orange juice was also unusual. But the tip of the iceberg was when the (I guess boss) clapped his hands and said something inappriporiate when we finally left - as if we occuppied the table for hours (we were there for 2:15). I left a special request becauce it was a birthday. So 2hrs and something is really not long.Special Features:
- Flawless food and service - alwaysbheightsVIPDined on 9/3/2014I've been a Sociale regular since the beginning. The food is reliably perfect, as is the service. Easily the best restaurant in Brooklyn Heights (or Cobble Hill, for that matter.) And one of my favorite eateries in all NYC. Cant recommend it highly enough ... for impeccable food and smart and friendly service.Special Features:
- Just outstanding in every way!foodluverDined on 9/3/2014The most pleasant dining experience. The ambiance, service & best of all, the food is outstanding! Francesco is a wonderful host. He is so passionate in every aspect and made my dining experience wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find!MemeDined on 8/31/2014Great service from Ismail and his staff. Very attentive to all our needs and questions. The lasagna was amazing, totally recommend this place. Close to the Brooklyn Bridge Park where you can walk off your great meal afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place!BeneDined on 8/30/2014Love it, this is set up like a social club. I grew up in the real Brooklyn before it was cool to live here and we got over run by hipsters living on trust funds, there really were social clubs(there still are in some areas)! The food was good the atomosphere great! Worth a try had dinner then Iwent back for brunch. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Cosy and friendlybkheightstimDined on 8/27/2014I've now come her four times for dinner and it has consistently been delicious. The staff is beyond friendly and efficient. The manager (maybe owner?) is so friendly and welcoming, you feel so at-home and comfortable immediately. The restaurant is small with many tables but it doesn't feel cramped. The one wish I have is that the bar is bigger BUT I have come to just sit at the bar for their specialty drink, Henry & Orange. (and left after three of them, heehee)Special Features:
- Amazing, will be back!CabramsVIPDined on 8/22/2014I've lived in Manhattan/Brooklyn for > 4 yrs and this was 1 of the best restaurant experiences I have had. We were immediately greeted by the owner/manager of the restaurant (Francesco I think) and given the option of where we wanted to sit (great outdoor seating!). Aside from our waiter's recommendations, the manager also helped us pick out a wine & made several other recommendations and checked up on us (even though the restaurant was full, it was friday night). The food was amazing - we ordered some standard dishes that were not the slightest bit boring (calamari & the spaghetti with tomato sauce) & also the meat special (hanger steak) which had a delicious sauce. This will undoubtedly be one of our new neighborhood favorites!Special Features:
- Not great servicenewtotheburbsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Very slow service when no one was in the restaurant. Wait staff does not know the menu. Food is not seasoned well.Special Features:
- Great placehappyhopDined on 8/19/2014Went to Sociale based on an internet search and recommendations for a business dinner. Food was great - octopus appetizer was to die for and all of us were very pleased with the entres. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But NoisyBHGuyDined on 8/12/2014We went with a group of six. The food was excellent but the ambience and service not quite as good. The restaurant is noisy and a bit cramped. Service was alternately absent for stretches of time and then hovering and hyperpresent at other times. I highly recommend the grilled octopus appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyMaxQPowersDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant didn't have air conditioning, but the good) food was great. The fish was perfect and the salad was very nice. I'd go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 85 reviews are from the Sociale reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Able to quickly accommodate a change in number of guest at last minute . Gentle manager warm and inviting .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor planningnyorkerVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was great! Unfortunately poor planning ruined our experience. The temp had been and was scheduled to be in the 80+ range and the humidity was 90+ with 100% chance of rain. When we arrived it was raining the staff was standing at the door chatting by the outdoor tables. When I sat down I noticed no AC. I asked if they could turn it on and they said no it would take to long to close up the front of the Resturant. So I sweated through what could have been a great dining experience. I don't know what to tell you other than only go here on cool says?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Once was ok, twice was boring. The menu tries too hard mixing ingredients but just doesn't excute the appetite. Sorry
- Love itAlyssaHVIPDined on 7/11/2014Love Sociale, especially in the Summer. One annoying thing is that I always use Open Table to book my reservations and I seem to never be properly checked in by the restaurant. Each time I visit a few days later I get an email saying I didn't show up. I want my open table points!Special Features:
- Hot spot in Brooklyn HeightsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014Artfully presented dishes that were well balanced and very tasty. The dry scallops appetizers are a must order. For entrees, I'd recommend the branzino and the halibut. Both are roasted and then pan seared. I'll be coming here again!Special Features:
- BrunchLESFoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyable, but nothing exceptional. Not a destination.
- Good Food. Great ambiance.JkbkdinersDined on 7/4/2014Dined here on the evening of 4th of July before the amazing fireworks display. Service was good and attentive. Calamari appetizer was excellent! Our dinners were good, nothing over the top. Our table was inside right by the open windows and the evening was beautiful. We would dine there again.Special Features:
- Cute Neighborhood PlacebkheightstimDined on 6/28/2014Let's start with the drinks: whoever came up with them should win a medal. I have had way too many Henry & Oranges to remember. The food is DELICIOUS!!! They have a good balance of items to satisfy any size party. The staff is always friendly and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner!SKJ4Dined on 6/28/2014I've been here 4 times now, twice for lunch and twice for dinner - all great experiences - wonderful service and delicious food.Special Features:
- YesYesYesDined on 6/21/2014One of the best places to arrive in the 35 years I've lived in the Heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014They did not have our reservation. We were told that they cannot reserve tables because quote, "people come in and sit where ever they want". The host was rude and our overall experience was not good. Why make reservation if they don't honor them? I would not recommend this restaurant. There are other excellent Italian food options in this neighborhood that are actually happy to have patrons and treat them well.