72 Henry Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.socialebk.com/
- Phone: 7185763588x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rosendo Lozano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your event customized to your needs.
A word from Sociale
Located in the middle of the beautiful historic district of Brooklyn Heights, Sociale is committed to producing high quality gastronomy, mixing traditional and visionary authentic Italian cuisine in an equally authentic setting. Sociale utilizes fresh and locally grown ingredients. Outstanding customer care is central to our mission. Sociale is known for its excellent food; vibrant atmosphere; friendly and professional staff; and thick Italian accents!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sociale - Best Restaurants in Brooklyn Heights ›
Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (24)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing, will be back!CabramsDined on 8/22/2014I've lived in Manhattan/Brooklyn for > 4 yrs and this was 1 of the best restaurant experiences I have had. We were immediately greeted by the owner/manager of the restaurant (Francesco I think) and given the option of where we wanted to sit (great outdoor seating!). Aside from our waiter's recommendations, the manager also helped us pick out a wine & made several other recommendations and checked up on us (even though the restaurant was full, it was friday night). The food was amazing - we ordered some standard dishes that were not the slightest bit boring (calamari & the spaghetti with tomato sauce) & also the meat special (hanger steak) which had a delicious sauce. This will undoubtedly be one of our new neighborhood favorites!Special Features:
- Not great servicenewtotheburbsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Very slow service when no one was in the restaurant. Wait staff does not know the menu. Food is not seasoned well.Special Features:
- Great placehappyhopDined on 8/19/2014Went to Sociale based on an internet search and recommendations for a business dinner. Food was great - octopus appetizer was to die for and all of us were very pleased with the entres. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But NoisyBHGuyDined on 8/12/2014We went with a group of six. The food was excellent but the ambience and service not quite as good. The restaurant is noisy and a bit cramped. Service was alternately absent for stretches of time and then hovering and hyperpresent at other times. I highly recommend the grilled octopus appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyMaxQPowersDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant didn't have air conditioning, but the good) food was great. The fish was perfect and the salad was very nice. I'd go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Able to quickly accommodate a change in number of guest at last minute . Gentle manager warm and inviting .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor planningnyorkerVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was great! Unfortunately poor planning ruined our experience. The temp had been and was scheduled to be in the 80+ range and the humidity was 90+ with 100% chance of rain. When we arrived it was raining the staff was standing at the door chatting by the outdoor tables. When I sat down I noticed no AC. I asked if they could turn it on and they said no it would take to long to close up the front of the Resturant. So I sweated through what could have been a great dining experience. I don't know what to tell you other than only go here on cool says?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Once was ok, twice was boring. The menu tries too hard mixing ingredients but just doesn't excute the appetite. Sorry
- Love itAlyssaHVIPDined on 7/11/2014Love Sociale, especially in the Summer. One annoying thing is that I always use Open Table to book my reservations and I seem to never be properly checked in by the restaurant. Each time I visit a few days later I get an email saying I didn't show up. I want my open table points!Special Features:
- Hot spot in Brooklyn HeightsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Artfully presented dishes that were well balanced and very tasty. The dry scallops appetizers are a must order. For entrees, I'd recommend the branzino and the halibut. Both are roasted and then pan seared. I'll be coming here again!Special Features:
- BrunchLESFoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyable, but nothing exceptional. Not a destination.
- Good Food. Great ambiance.JkbkdinersDined on 7/4/2014Dined here on the evening of 4th of July before the amazing fireworks display. Service was good and attentive. Calamari appetizer was excellent! Our dinners were good, nothing over the top. Our table was inside right by the open windows and the evening was beautiful. We would dine there again.Special Features:
- Cute Neighborhood PlacebkheightstimDined on 6/28/2014Let's start with the drinks: whoever came up with them should win a medal. I have had way too many Henry & Oranges to remember. The food is DELICIOUS!!! They have a good balance of items to satisfy any size party. The staff is always friendly and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner!SKJ4Dined on 6/28/2014I've been here 4 times now, twice for lunch and twice for dinner - all great experiences - wonderful service and delicious food.Special Features:
- YesYesYesDined on 6/21/2014One of the best places to arrive in the 35 years I've lived in the Heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014They did not have our reservation. We were told that they cannot reserve tables because quote, "people come in and sit where ever they want". The host was rude and our overall experience was not good. Why make reservation if they don't honor them? I would not recommend this restaurant. There are other excellent Italian food options in this neighborhood that are actually happy to have patrons and treat them well.
- Incredible food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014If freshly prepared, home made Italian dining is your wish then head over to Sociale. They make their own pasta each morning and it is wonderful. The menu has a little something for everyone and the prices are very reasonable. The mozzarella is flown in directly from Italy and you can taste the freshness. Love this place.Special Features:
- Best pasta ever!MindyDined on 5/24/2014I read an article in Vanity Fair about this "neighborhood gem." I decided to take the trip in from NJ. The service was impeccable. I ordered a pasta dish with seafood. It was absolutely the best pasta dish I have ever had (and I grew up in Brooklyn and have dined at the best in Rome). Kudos to the chef, staff and owners of Sociale! Many best wishes and thank you for the culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible noiseJasboDined on 5/20/2014Sociale is a very good neighborhood restaurant and guest receive a lot of personal attention. I wish I could say I'd go there more frequently, but the sound level is so intrusive, it's difficult to relax and enjoy a meal.Special Features:
- Always a treat!DumboDarlingVIPDined on 5/12/2014Lunch or dinner, I have never had anything but a fantastic food and service experience at Sociale. Wine, pasta, fish, salads...olive oil cake....I could go on, but then I'd leave nothing to the imagination. Just try it.Special Features:
- Great Brunch in the HeightsislandgalDined on 5/4/2014Had friends in town and was looking for a brunch spot in Brooklyn Heights that takes reservations - thank you Sociale! Had to wait a little longer for our table as they were packed, but they were very welcoming and apologetic. Francesco, the owner, seated us and made us feel right at home. For brunch we had the hanger benedettine and the pancetta omelette - both were quite good, though perhaps more 4-4.5 stars than 5. For dessert the three of us shared the tortino de cioccolato and the tiramisu - both were outstanding. I live in the neighborhood and will definitely be back, next time for dinner!Special Features:
- worst service everbrooklynboomerDined on 5/2/2014Our orders were taken very quickly-almost rushed. The appetizers arrived soon after and then we waited more than an hour for the entree. Our waiter never came to the table to let us know what was happening. We asked another server/busboy? twice about our meals and he told us with some amount of attitude that they were coming in a few minutes which wasn't the case. No one from the restaurant ever apologized for the long wait.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Sociale reviews archive.
- Lunch at SocialeDeanDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I were on vacation in Brooklyn Heights and had lunch with an old friend at Sociale. The food was excellent, and the service was great. Francesco, the owner, stopped by to take a photo of the three of us. The Bronzino reminded me of our trip to Lisbon, Portugal, where they serve the best seafood. My friend, who lives in Chappaqua, told Francesco that he would like to bring his family to Sociale for Mother's Day. Overall, the three of us had a wonderful dining experience at Sociale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Good food & the staff is on point & friendly. Busy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the HeightsedEdVIPDined on 4/23/2014Finally Brooklyn Heights has a great restaurant. Terrific food, great wine list, warm, welcoming ambience, it never disappoints. Francesco and his team have created a terrific spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much to love!sthrngrlnycVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is such a wonderful place to have in Brooklyn Heights. There are few restaurants in this area that make food this good and also have fantastic service. They have an extensive, affordable wine list, delicious homemade pasta, and a nice variety of daily specials. Above all, Francesco, the owner, goes out of his way to welcome each guest and make them feel like they are visiting a friend's house for dinner. My only complaint would be the noise level, which is pretty loud. They really need to put some sort of fabric on the walls to try to lessen it a bit. Otherwise, this place is perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBCintheHeightsDined on 4/18/2014Food was fresh and authentic! We had a great dining experience with our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service foremostOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014Its a small, crowded place with well prepared food, friendly waitstaff, and smart, gracious management. Francesco is the manager and he makes you feel as if you are in Italy instead of Brooklyn Heights. The food is thoughtful and well prepared. The main dish came out overdone and when pointed out to Francesco, he responded with kindness and generosity. I would not hesitate to reccommend Sociale to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian on HenrynHeightsistaDined on 4/1/2014Henry Street in Brooklyn is morphing into a little restaurant row. One of the newest entries is Sociale, where wonderfully prepared new Italian dishes are served up by a crew of friendly and attentive Italian speaking staff. Like Locanda Vinii e Olii, it's tucked into the site of a former pharmacy. But unlike the Fort Greene Italian, all traces of the former occupants are gone. This is a cozy, dimly lit and lively place, where the simple, decor takes a back seat to the food. It has become a new Brooklyn Heights "go-to". We will return again and again.Special Features:
- excellentberkeleydinerDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I were visitors to Brooklyn from the SF Bay Area. Sociale was recommended by a friend of our daughter. The recommendation was spot on. The food was excellent and the prices were reasonable, given the quality of the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what we needBethVIPDined on 3/25/2014A lovely, friendly, really good neighborhood spot with excellent food. Can't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needed in BrooklynOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/24/2014The more the better. This is a good basic restaurant in Brooklyn Heights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotbetsyb4Dined on 3/17/2014I have eaten many meals at Sociale and usually always enjoy it for the good food and nice ambiance. The service can be slow but if you are in for a relaxed evening, not a big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made a weekend trip frompoohVIPDined on 3/7/2014We made a weekend trip from DC to NYC. We picked dinner @ Sociale because of the great reviews. And it was! Appreciated the care and attention given to us as our table was not ready when we arrived. We didn't mind, because we were catching up with friends and the host was very warm and apologetic. The pasta was to die for! And the chocolate dessert was heavenly. When we come back to NYC, we will definitely be returning to Sociale.Special Features:
- Welcome to Sociale!lillyDined on 2/24/2014A wonderful addition to North Brooklyn Heights, I would rank this restaurant as among my favorites in the greater Brooklyn Heights/Cobble Hill/Carroll Gardens area. My scallops appetizer was delicious and my entree, the hanger steak special, was perfectly prepared. On top of that, the owner and service help were knowledgeable and solicitous. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Place in the neighborhoodBarrybeeVIPDined on 2/23/2014It's hard to believe that right across from home is such a great place. WOW!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as alwayssthrngrlnycVIPDined on 2/19/2014In the culinary wasteland that is Brooklyn Heights, Sociale is a welcome reprieve. Excellent wine list, curated by Matias, who goes to Italy and meets the wine producers, and fantastic, homemade everything in the kitchen under the owner Francesco's watchful eye. I know these guys because they've made it a point to be a part of the neighborhood and greet everyone with warmth. I see people complaining about the prices. Please. There are plenty of other Italian restaurants down on Montague serving okay food at lower prices. Go eat there if all you want is a bargain. But for a nice night out, where you want to savor every bite but not venure far from home to do so, Sociale is the place. (And for groups, their cellar room is amazing.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!DelishVIPDined on 2/14/2014LOVE this place, and will return again, and again, and again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uninspired4321234Dined on 2/12/2014My wife and I had lunch at Sociale and found everything to be mediocre (risotto special, pasta carbonara, broccoli rabe and zucchini strings). We decided to give it a try based on the positive ratings, but we felt that the above average rating was not at all deserved. It was too much to pay for entirely uninspired food.
- Okay food, nice decor, good serviceAbbieDined on 2/9/2014Went there for Sunday brunch. There were mostly families with children there. The menu sounded great. We ordered the vegetable frittata and spinach omelet. The eggs were bland and needed salt, but the potatoes that came with it were delicious. The salad had so much salt on it that it was inedible. Overall the drinks and food were good, but I didn't think it warranted the $50 bill when I was still hungry afterwards. Service was friendly and prompt and it was a decent atmosphere. I would like to try the dinner menu to see what environment and the food tastes like for final judgement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.