72 Henry Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.socialebk.com/
- Phone: 7185763588x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rosendo Lozano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your event customized to your needs.
A word from Sociale
Located in the middle of the beautiful historic district of Brooklyn Heights, Sociale is committed to producing high quality gastronomy, mixing traditional and visionary authentic Italian cuisine in an equally authentic setting. Sociale utilizes fresh and locally grown ingredients. Outstanding customer care is central to our mission. Sociale is known for its excellent food; vibrant atmosphere; friendly and professional staff; and thick Italian accents!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Sociale - Best Restaurants in Brooklyn Heights ›
Sociale reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (29)romantic (19)great for brunch (17)great for lunch (16)special occasion (13)notable wine list (9)hot spot (9)good for groups (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always top-notchsthrngrlnycVIPDined on 10/17/2014This is the best restaurant in Brooklyn Heights, hands-down. All of the ingredients are fresh, the specials are always worth trying, and the service is extremely attentive. The portion sizes aren't huge, but this isn't a checkered tablecloth, red-sauce joint with a candle in a chianti bottle - not that there's anything wrong with that. There's a time and place for that, too. It's just that is not what this place is. Francesco, who oversees the place, came from Il Gattopardo in the city, which is an institution, and he elevates the experience so that you truly enjoy every bite. His wine list is carefully thought out, and there are some rockstar bottles for very reasonable prices. Just go! :)Special Features:
- Perfect every time!WonderlandDined on 10/12/2014Very consistent, delicious food! All the single ladies: the owner is very charming, the Italian one. The other one is taken and his wife is crazy! LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyMaralara33Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant was almost empty when we arrived , but very noisy. The workers and some friends were speaking very loud. The food was nice, the wine options are almost italian.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014Our second visit to Sociale, and it was just as great as the first time! Delicious apps, imaginative entrees!Special Features:
- AmazingEnjoyedVIPDined on 10/1/2014Blown away by the amazing service and great food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean food at a good pricekvreatDined on 10/1/2014I had dinner with a girlfriend at Sociale last night. It is smaller than the pictures online but quite clean and cozy. The staff is attentive. The menu offers something for everyone - it is broken into appetizers, salads, pasta, entree - we each had an appetizer and a salad which was plenty of food and delicious also. I would recommend the seared tuna on the salad menu (di tonno) - slices of seared tuna on a bed of arugula with a lovely sauce. The fried calamari appetizer was just ok - it looked beautiful and plentiful but it was a bit greasy and the calamari were in thin strings so there wasn't much substance to the dish. The sauteed spinach & brussel sprouts on the salad menu are delicious. overall a neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014dinner was delicious, felt it was a bit rushed and the noise level for a Tuesday night was a bit high would not like to be there on a weekend night; staff friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Dining Experience...LoveGreatFoodDined on 9/19/2014Great depth of food, ambience and service. Incredible staff. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The service was great - the servers were on point in providing exemplary customer service. The food was delicious and quite fulfilling! The ambiance of the restaurant was just the right one...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzDuBoDined on 9/14/2014I went with two friends for brunch. It was ok. Not special and not bad either. Pancakes were promising from the menu, but not tasty at all. Strawberries were not even fresh! Bothersome were the waitors constantly asking to take away the plates although we were not finished yet. Ice in orange juice was also unusual. But the tip of the iceberg was when the (I guess boss) clapped his hands and said something inappriporiate when we finally left - as if we occuppied the table for hours (we were there for 2:15). I left a special request becauce it was a birthday. So 2hrs and something is really not long.Special Features:
- Flawless food and service - alwaysbheightsVIPDined on 9/3/2014I've been a Sociale regular since the beginning. The food is reliably perfect, as is the service. Easily the best restaurant in Brooklyn Heights (or Cobble Hill, for that matter.) And one of my favorite eateries in all NYC. Cant recommend it highly enough ... for impeccable food and smart and friendly service.Special Features:
- Just outstanding in every way!foodluverDined on 9/3/2014The most pleasant dining experience. The ambiance, service & best of all, the food is outstanding! Francesco is a wonderful host. He is so passionate in every aspect and made my dining experience wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising find!MemeDined on 8/31/2014Great service from Ismail and his staff. Very attentive to all our needs and questions. The lasagna was amazing, totally recommend this place. Close to the Brooklyn Bridge Park where you can walk off your great meal afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy and friendlybkheightstimDined on 8/27/2014I've now come her four times for dinner and it has consistently been delicious. The staff is beyond friendly and efficient. The manager (maybe owner?) is so friendly and welcoming, you feel so at-home and comfortable immediately. The restaurant is small with many tables but it doesn't feel cramped. The one wish I have is that the bar is bigger BUT I have come to just sit at the bar for their specialty drink, Henry & Orange. (and left after three of them, heehee)Special Features:
- Amazing, will be back!CabramsVIPDined on 8/22/2014I've lived in Manhattan/Brooklyn for > 4 yrs and this was 1 of the best restaurant experiences I have had. We were immediately greeted by the owner/manager of the restaurant (Francesco I think) and given the option of where we wanted to sit (great outdoor seating!). Aside from our waiter's recommendations, the manager also helped us pick out a wine & made several other recommendations and checked up on us (even though the restaurant was full, it was friday night). The food was amazing - we ordered some standard dishes that were not the slightest bit boring (calamari & the spaghetti with tomato sauce) & also the meat special (hanger steak) which had a delicious sauce. This will undoubtedly be one of our new neighborhood favorites!Special Features:
- Not great servicenewtotheburbsVIPDined on 8/21/2014Very slow service when no one was in the restaurant. Wait staff does not know the menu. Food is not seasoned well.Special Features:
- Great placehappyhopDined on 8/19/2014Went to Sociale based on an internet search and recommendations for a business dinner. Food was great - octopus appetizer was to die for and all of us were very pleased with the entres. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But NoisyBHGuyDined on 8/12/2014We went with a group of six. The food was excellent but the ambience and service not quite as good. The restaurant is noisy and a bit cramped. Service was alternately absent for stretches of time and then hovering and hyperpresent at other times. I highly recommend the grilled octopus appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyMaxQPowersDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant didn't have air conditioning, but the good) food was great. The fish was perfect and the salad was very nice. I'd go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Able to quickly accommodate a change in number of guest at last minute . Gentle manager warm and inviting .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor planningnyorkerVIPDined on 7/14/2014The food was great! Unfortunately poor planning ruined our experience. The temp had been and was scheduled to be in the 80+ range and the humidity was 90+ with 100% chance of rain. When we arrived it was raining the staff was standing at the door chatting by the outdoor tables. When I sat down I noticed no AC. I asked if they could turn it on and they said no it would take to long to close up the front of the Resturant. So I sweated through what could have been a great dining experience. I don't know what to tell you other than only go here on cool says?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Once was ok, twice was boring. The menu tries too hard mixing ingredients but just doesn't excute the appetite. Sorry
- Love itAlyssaHVIPDined on 7/11/2014Love Sociale, especially in the Summer. One annoying thing is that I always use Open Table to book my reservations and I seem to never be properly checked in by the restaurant. Each time I visit a few days later I get an email saying I didn't show up. I want my open table points!Special Features:
- Hot spot in Brooklyn HeightsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014Artfully presented dishes that were well balanced and very tasty. The dry scallops appetizers are a must order. For entrees, I'd recommend the branzino and the halibut. Both are roasted and then pan seared. I'll be coming here again!Special Features:
- BrunchLESFoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyable, but nothing exceptional. Not a destination.
- Good Food. Great ambiance.JkbkdinersDined on 7/4/2014Dined here on the evening of 4th of July before the amazing fireworks display. Service was good and attentive. Calamari appetizer was excellent! Our dinners were good, nothing over the top. Our table was inside right by the open windows and the evening was beautiful. We would dine there again.Special Features:
- Cute Neighborhood PlacebkheightstimDined on 6/28/2014Let's start with the drinks: whoever came up with them should win a medal. I have had way too many Henry & Oranges to remember. The food is DELICIOUS!!! They have a good balance of items to satisfy any size party. The staff is always friendly and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner!SKJ4Dined on 6/28/2014I've been here 4 times now, twice for lunch and twice for dinner - all great experiences - wonderful service and delicious food.Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Sociale reviews archive.
- YesYesYesDined on 6/21/2014One of the best places to arrive in the 35 years I've lived in the Heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014They did not have our reservation. We were told that they cannot reserve tables because quote, "people come in and sit where ever they want". The host was rude and our overall experience was not good. Why make reservation if they don't honor them? I would not recommend this restaurant. There are other excellent Italian food options in this neighborhood that are actually happy to have patrons and treat them well.
- Incredible food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014If freshly prepared, home made Italian dining is your wish then head over to Sociale. They make their own pasta each morning and it is wonderful. The menu has a little something for everyone and the prices are very reasonable. The mozzarella is flown in directly from Italy and you can taste the freshness. Love this place.Special Features:
- Best pasta ever!MindyDined on 5/24/2014I read an article in Vanity Fair about this "neighborhood gem." I decided to take the trip in from NJ. The service was impeccable. I ordered a pasta dish with seafood. It was absolutely the best pasta dish I have ever had (and I grew up in Brooklyn and have dined at the best in Rome). Kudos to the chef, staff and owners of Sociale! Many best wishes and thank you for the culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible noiseJasboDined on 5/20/2014Sociale is a very good neighborhood restaurant and guest receive a lot of personal attention. I wish I could say I'd go there more frequently, but the sound level is so intrusive, it's difficult to relax and enjoy a meal.Special Features:
- Always a treat!DumboDarlingVIPDined on 5/12/2014Lunch or dinner, I have never had anything but a fantastic food and service experience at Sociale. Wine, pasta, fish, salads...olive oil cake....I could go on, but then I'd leave nothing to the imagination. Just try it.Special Features:
- Great Brunch in the HeightsislandgalDined on 5/4/2014Had friends in town and was looking for a brunch spot in Brooklyn Heights that takes reservations - thank you Sociale! Had to wait a little longer for our table as they were packed, but they were very welcoming and apologetic. Francesco, the owner, seated us and made us feel right at home. For brunch we had the hanger benedettine and the pancetta omelette - both were quite good, though perhaps more 4-4.5 stars than 5. For dessert the three of us shared the tortino de cioccolato and the tiramisu - both were outstanding. I live in the neighborhood and will definitely be back, next time for dinner!Special Features:
- worst service everbrooklynboomerDined on 5/2/2014Our orders were taken very quickly-almost rushed. The appetizers arrived soon after and then we waited more than an hour for the entree. Our waiter never came to the table to let us know what was happening. We asked another server/busboy? twice about our meals and he told us with some amount of attitude that they were coming in a few minutes which wasn't the case. No one from the restaurant ever apologized for the long wait.
- Lunch at SocialeDeanDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I were on vacation in Brooklyn Heights and had lunch with an old friend at Sociale. The food was excellent, and the service was great. Francesco, the owner, stopped by to take a photo of the three of us. The Bronzino reminded me of our trip to Lisbon, Portugal, where they serve the best seafood. My friend, who lives in Chappaqua, told Francesco that he would like to bring his family to Sociale for Mother's Day. Overall, the three of us had a wonderful dining experience at Sociale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Good food & the staff is on point & friendly. Busy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the HeightsedEdVIPDined on 4/23/2014Finally Brooklyn Heights has a great restaurant. Terrific food, great wine list, warm, welcoming ambience, it never disappoints. Francesco and his team have created a terrific spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much to love!sthrngrlnycVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is such a wonderful place to have in Brooklyn Heights. There are few restaurants in this area that make food this good and also have fantastic service. They have an extensive, affordable wine list, delicious homemade pasta, and a nice variety of daily specials. Above all, Francesco, the owner, goes out of his way to welcome each guest and make them feel like they are visiting a friend's house for dinner. My only complaint would be the noise level, which is pretty loud. They really need to put some sort of fabric on the walls to try to lessen it a bit. Otherwise, this place is perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.