3621 Vinings Slope Drive, sutie 4110
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.greatfoodinc.com/
- Phone: 7704329772
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday from 11:00 - 4:00
Sunday from 11:00 - 3:00
Sunday & Monday from 4:00 - 9:00
Tuesday - Thursday from 4:00 - 10:00
Friday & Saturday from 4:00 - 11:00
Now open at 2:00 on Saturday!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Derek Larsen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Several private areas ranging from 10 person sit down dinners up to 150 person cocktail receptions
- Private Party Contact: Ute Albrecht 770-432-9772
- Entertainment: Music changing nightly from Latin to rock to jazz.
Check out our website for upcoming events.
A word from Social Vinings
A neighborhood restaurant with a happening bar scene, small plates, nightly entertainment and outdoor seating. We have several private dining areas that can accommodate parties of 10 to 100.Continued
A more formal main dining room for special occassions and enjoying Chef Paul's classics.
Located directly on Paces Ferry in the heart of Vinings next to the QT gas station.
A more formal main dining room for special occassions and enjoying Chef Paul's classics.
Located directly on Paces Ferry in the heart of Vinings next to the QT gas station.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Social Vinings reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (14)hot spot (13)special occasion (13)great for brunch (10)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Food good, service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We hadn't been here is a while, so we came with some friends from out-of-town. The menu had changed but there was plenty to choose from, so that wasn't an issue. Our server, on the other hand, was the most uninterested, unenthusiastic, unattentive I've had in a long time. I believe he even told us we were lame when we declined dessert. It will probably be a while before we go back again - if we go back again.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantDustin25Dined on 10/15/2014I went to this restaurant on a Wednesday night for a third date with girl. The bar area was busy and a little loud, but I had requested a quiet table by a window and the hostess put us in a very nice booth. It was quiet and peaceful. We started with the Jalapeno Cheddar Macaroni Fritters, which had a great jalapeno taste. For my entree I had the Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini. It was okay, but I found it to be a little bland, and for $20 I kind of expected it to be fantastic. My date had the Vegetable Panini, which she absolutely loved and I felt was more reasonably priced. So the restaurant was gorgeous, the wait staff was awesome, I just found the entrees overpriced. I suggest apps and sandwiches, and the fried Oreo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/13/2014A slight bump... The night we made our reservation the entire dining room was booked with a private party. I did not receive a phone call to that effect or I would have changed the reservation to another night. But the hostess and wait staff did all they could to make matters fine. Our little party thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!andieVIPDined on 9/24/2014The experience is always the best. We have always had the best wait staff. Excellent atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACEHammerDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed Social Vinings the food was great, we had so many different things we tried. The fried Lobster Tail and slaw was excellent, everything was wonderful, no complaints on food, service and table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALMOST PERFECTGRobDined on 9/5/2014First experience was great however our waiter seemed to be preoccupied. Service was extremely scattered and we didn't even get his name. However, the food menu and ambiance was amazing. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Service!MeMeDined on 9/5/2014The waiter was absolutely fantastic and the sea bass was indescribably delicious@Special Features:
- EmptyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Maybe lunch isn't the right time to go here, because the few times I have come during lunch hours, the restaurant is always mostly empty. When we were seated in the top section, only one other table near the bar had people. We saw a few tables leaving the restaurant, who had been sat in the lower room. While we ate, only one other group of people came in for lunch. They were seated near us, which helped us feel less alone. Waitress disappeared for a little while, but was very nice when she was there. Food was good.
- AWESOME BRUCH!BigScottATLVIPDined on 8/24/2014while we hit social vinings at least once or twice a month (great service, incredible menu & food quality, amazing sushi and all the rest - just a great place! (very affordable & they are always doing something cool!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has all the elements except serviceStacyWmsDined on 8/22/2014There were hardly any other diners the day at lunch we were there, so I can't figure out why our service was so slow. The waitress pretty much ignored us. Everything else was just fine.Special Features:
- Good Sunday BrunchrtpivVIPDined on 8/17/2014We go to Social Vinings often, as we live nearby. The food is consistently very good. We like to sit at a high top in the bar area rather than in the back dining room. This trip, we both had lunch salads on a Sunday. Social Vinings offers a Sunday brunch buffet that is very good and there aren't the maddening crowds that many of the breakfast places have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.MaryDined on 8/9/2014This place doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it a bar? Restaurant? Night club? Went with friends this past Saturday for dinner and ordered the sushi...I'm a sushi guru and was sadly disappointed at the sloppily Wrapped rolls, which smelled fishy. Quality sushi doesn't smell fishy. The hand roll was a joke, it looked like a poorly folded and overstuffed fish burrito. I had one bite of everything and stopped. The waiter was just ok.. He disappeared for long periods of time. Not with the money when there are better choices in the area.
- Great! As usualArmhDined on 8/4/2014Great night with my friends. The sushi was great as always. We had a great time with great drinks (cosmopolitan and lemon drop). This will always be a place I come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gone down hill00work00VIPDined on 7/31/2014food has gone down hill in the last few years. used to be a go-to for good lunch. not anymore.Special Features:
- Nice lunchMikeVIPDined on 7/23/2014We enjoyed a delicious lunch with great service. The restaurant was quiet which made conversation easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was okPCJ2014Dined on 7/17/2014I have had much better susi, presentation is ok, but taste was not so good.Special Features:
- Split personalityOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/15/2014Restaurant has a split personality: front area feels like a sports bar, with tv's and a large bar and a lot of chattering patrons; back area is much quieter, with tables and booths, but not particularly pretty. The sushi bar is unappealing, as is the view in to the kitchen. The food was quite good, fresh and well-prepared. All six in our party ordered different items, and all enjoyed.Special Features:
- Wonderful birthday experienceDuggankDined on 7/12/2014I came with my parents, all three of us being first time guests. We were seated immediately and was approached in a timely matter. We ordered our drinks which were brought very quickly, and we ordered the jalapeno mac n cheese fritters as an appetizer. They were delicious and were served quickly and hot. We then ordered some sushi and some entrees, all of which were fantastic and served very hot. Definitely no food sitting under heat lamps here! Our server picked up in our conversation that we were there for my birthday, and he brought us a lovely birthday dessert or fried oreo beignets with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on the plate. It was so delicious that we ordered another serving of them. Overall a very pleasant, A+ experienceSpecial Features:
- WOW!! It was all good.RM01Dined on 7/8/2014My boss thanked me for choosing Social Vinings. He thought it was a great pick for our team meeting. We enjoyed the food. I already recommended it to my sister. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good option in the ViningsATLfoodiesVIPDined on 6/25/2014Good food, good ambience, and a menu that can please just about anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 560 reviews are from the Social Vinings reviews archive.
- Obvious ProfessionalsBeerSommelierDined on 6/21/2014I work with food for a living and found Social Vinings to be a breath of fresh air. It's not cheap, but many places aren't these days. The difference here, is that the quality:price ratio is extremely high. It was immediately obvious to us that whomever was manning the kitchen was extremely good at his craft - turning simple fare, like carrots and sea bass, into works of culinary art. We were very surprised - and just as pleased. A+++.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchmabletondocDined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's day and was not disappointed. We had a great time, with great food, and a large selection of things to choose from. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful NightJeffGDined on 5/31/2014We frequent Social Vinings whenever possible, waiting to have an average or even above-average meal. No such thing. This time we tried surf & turf sushi for starters (phenomenal!) followed by sea bass, swordfish and crabcakes. We each tried the others' dishes and, by a narrow margin, chose the swordfish as the winner. But there was nothing left on anyone's plates! Great food experience. Try it - you'll like it!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemFoodie2Dined on 5/20/2014I had my first visit to Social Vinings and was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and my group all enjoyed their entrees. My only criticism was the wait staff seemed a little slow and unattentive. The place wasn't overly crowded and i not sure if they were just giving us space but it took too long to order the food and then get our checks. I will add that overall our experience was quite nice but with a little more attention would have been outstanding!Special Features:
- Great staff and good foodBigPaPaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Our family has been going to Ray's on the River for Mother's Day lunch (or Ray's in the City during the renovation a few years ago) for years. No more. This year the timing, size of group, and incovenience of all the walking you have to do from the table to the buffet with all the steps would make it too difficult for my wife's grandmother. So this year we tried something new, and boy were we impressed. The staff was so helpful and professional, the food was just as good if not better, and the price was surprisingly fair. I'm coming back, and not just on Mother's Day. I have friends and co-workers who find the menu here chaotic and inconsistent, I find it cohesive, I love having sushi with what others call regular food.Special Features:
- Average brunch offeringmesameoneDined on 5/11/2014Needs a makeover. No cold cuts. Pastries, oysters, or local fare. Could have been anywhere on earth
- Wheelchair accessibleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014My husband in a wheel chair and part of my family joined me in celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday 5/11/14. They gave us a table further into the restaurant but the people were so kind and accommodating they just scooted over and made sure my husband had enough room to get through. Also if you have children that must be changed prepare to be creative in the bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sunday Brunch!tennisgirlDined on 5/11/2014We went here for a Mother's Day brunch because we couldn't find openings elsewhere. We were pleasantly surprised by how good everything was. We had excellent service and the food was delicious. How unique to offer sushi on the buffet! It was wonderful! The price was very reasonable for a Sunday brunch buffet. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Mother's Day!IntriguedDinerDined on 5/11/2014Most restaurants inflate their Mother's Day Brunch prices, but Social Vinings didn't change their price and had a wide variety of options to choose from. It wasn't overly crowded and we were able to enjoy a nice brunch with our mom! I would highly recommend this place for Mother's Day Brunch, or regular brunch for that matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood spotrtpivVIPDined on 5/3/2014We say at the bar, which is in the round with a floor-to-ceiling island in the center. I think the island interferes with service. The burger was very good. They also have a couple of nice bourbon cocktails on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014They were very busy as it was Easter Sunday but they did a good job of seating us on time and the service was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch was fantastic! Food was great, sushi was very very fresh! Love the French toast, please don't ever take it off the menu. The cannoli were the best I have had since my Aunt's. It was a very hectic day but the staff handled the crowds well ...kudos to them all. We took guests and they loved it too. Great job!Special Features:
- Decent buffet.NickGDined on 4/20/2014The buffet we went to was on Easter Sunday. The food was quite ordinary, French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausages, eggs benedict. They had an omelet station where you could pick your ingredients, but the omelets were small and most of the filling ingredients were outside. The deserts were okay. The chocolate mousse was very fluffy and there were only about 8 different desert items.
- Not GoodAwfulVIPDined on 4/13/2014Was very excited to try this restaurant. When we arrived there were about 8 customers and a party of about 10, yet it took five minutes to be seated. The waiter was just there and the food was not good. I will say the drinks were good.
- Overall goodAva21Dined on 4/11/2014The service and accommodations for my group size was a 10 out of 10. We enjoyed the music while it was playing but as soon as we finished our meal still early in the evening there was no music so we left. Everyone else seemed pleased with their food. I took a chance on the sushi. The California roll was perfect. The shrimp tempura roll however not good. Had a very fishy taste, not usual for that roll. I order that roll frequently everywhere that serves it. Not only did it taste much too fishy but also left me with an upset stomach for the night. Does make you wonder if the fish and seafood is being stored properly at proper tempuature. I recommend the location and business but not the shrimp tempura roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive bar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014The food was mediocre at best. Essentially a bar food menu, but the prices were comparable to high end atlanta restaurants. If you want to go to a bar for after work drinks this is probably a great place. If you want to go to dinner pick one of the other excellent choices in vinings. I've been here for lunch as well, and the lunch menu is quite respectable. They just haven't figured out how to do a dinner entrée.Special Features:
- Love itSocialFanVIPDined on 4/9/2014I always recommend Social to friends. The food is fantastic and diverse, the drinks are great, there is always a fun crowd, the service is good and it is a casual fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun bar sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014There is an innovative drink menu with lots of infused liquors and unusual pairings. All of us enjoyed our food and would go back. Our waiter was hilarious and the music was great. Wish the valets were more attentive and quicker about getting our cars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free optionsGFyumDined on 3/28/2014They do not have a Gluten Free menu, but are enthused to modify and rec items. Butternut risotto was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab find!1knowfoodDined on 3/28/2014This restaurant fits all occasions. Food is wonderful with large menu but best part aside from great food which is why you go there is the mixed ambience? Perfect for casual hang out or dining with friends or out on a special date! I highly recommend for all the above occasions plus more thT I can't think of at the moment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.