2136 - 10 Aspen Stone Blvd SW
Calgary, AB T3H 0K3Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.socialrestolounge.com/
- Phone: 4036866692
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 PM- 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Closed- Sunday and Monday
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Josh Baddeley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our executive chef works closely with clientele to create a custom dining experience to suit every occasion. Whether you are interested in a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres or a three course meal, Social is able to accomodate your requests.
- Private Party Contact: Katarina 4036866692
- Cross Street: 85th Street SW & 17th Avenue SW
- Public Transit: Social Restolounge is located in the Aspen Woods area which is served by the Calgary transit system. The closest bus stop, only a few steps away for the restaurant is stop 6760 which is connected to the West LRT station.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking is available in Aspen Stone Commons complex.
A word from Social Restolounge
Social offers fine dining in a sleek semi-formal lounge setting in the suburban Southwest neighbourhood of Aspen Woods. Featuring inspired contemporary cuisine using fresh organic produce from local vendors. Always offering excellent personal service which will undoubtedly leave you wanting to come back.Continued
Eat, Drink, Be Social
Please note: No minors permitted
Eat, Drink, Be Social
Please note: No minors permitted
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Social Restolounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Burnt steaksVrednayDined on 2/14/2014This three course meal would been successful if two burnt steak orders presented for main course, they tasted burnt and bitter. The replacement steaks were of far better presentation. The staff were attentive, friendly, helpful, - service - I would return. The chief did apologise for this not being noticed by him, but the offer and price for this food did not match the ambiance & apparent class of restaurant they are representing. The cut of meat was was heavily grizzled for this cost. I will not return nor would I recommend this restaurant to others, quality of food - steak, and cost - $ 85.00 per person for 3 course meal, I have had far better from Q Haute Cuisine for a 4-cource meal for the cost.Special Features:
- Nice changeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2014The atmosphere is a very nice change from the typical loud and busy restaurants out there. It's smaller, quieter with tables not too close to together so you can sit and relax and visit without straining to hear each other and with no pressure to rush out as someone else wants your table. Problem is the menu is limited and the food was just ok. Due to the limited main course menu we choose appies to share, mussels/fries and lamb sliders... After the mussels were finished we asked for bread for the sauce and she said that would an extra charge. Jokingly I asked her how much, she said $10!!!! Didn't check the bill to see but when the bread arrived there were 5 small thin toasted slices, so hope that wasn't actually the price for the bread,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food! Great service!ElleVIPDined on 1/25/2014Found Social on OpenTable and gave it a shot for my birthday celebration. It's a small venue but it was perfect for our group of 12. Service was outstanding, decor beautiful and we're still talking about how good the food was. We couldn't be more impressed.Special Features:
- New Years Eve DelightBrutalDined on 12/31/2013We had a large party for New Years dinner. The food and service was excellent, the room was classy and cozy, and we had a great time. They stayed open much later than usual to accommodate the countdown with champagne and drinks afterwards. Definitely will be returning to this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I were at theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and I were at the Social Restlounge for valentines day dinner. We found this great, cute and romantic spot via OpenTable. Our experience was nothing but fabulous. We will absolutely recommend it for a good romantic date night for any couple. Good food, good wine selection, great ambience and ya, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2013Although I find the prices a little on the high side and the wine list rather limited, the food and service is top quality.Special Features:
- The restaurant had great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/13/2013The restaurant had great food and wasn't packed with peoe making It great for conversation. We really enjoyed our eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected more...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013The service staff was very confused and we were constantly asked the same thing over and over. One of the staff is most definitely new; when asked how our food was my guest replied "my steak is over cooked." His response "well we are quite busy". Really??? I should point out when we were ordering there was a table of 6, a table of 4, 2 at the bar and 2 in a booth. 16 people for two wait staff is not my definition of busy. The food was good. Not great just good. The duck was cooked nicely and had good flavours. The wine list is short and decent but not amazing. I just didn't find the value that I was hoping to find here. I probably won't be headed back for a second try it's just too pricey for ok food and service.
- Quiet elegance in casual settingWayneDined on 11/1/2013I planned a dinner for visiting friends, and chose a place I knew to have good food and a quiet atmosphere for friendly conversation. Social did not disappoint. The service was friendly, knowledgeable and very efficient. The presentation of each course was very well done, and, most importantly, the quality of the food was excellent. My friends were "blown away" that we have a restaurant of this quality in our neighbourhood. Casual, but makes a special evening. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Tuesday $1 was awesome.nuxsmaniacDined on 10/29/2013Oyster Tuesday $1 was awesome. Fresh PEI Oyster no limit and top quality unlike other place that sacrifice quality with special...sweet fresh oysters with no metallic taste. Great find! Loved their appetizers n salads! Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing.flippyDined on 10/22/2013We originally were recommended this place when we wanted to find a cheap oyster spot. Tuesday they have a 1$ oyster special. We went there not expecting much and we were very surprised. Black and white chic furniture, small. Maybe 11 tables. Beautiful unique canvas artwork, and a nice big bar. the service was great, always around to top off our drinks and make sure we were always taken care of. Our servers name was Sarah and she was very knowledgeable on all the menu items, as well as pairing wines and alternatives. She was very informative but never hung around more than she was welcomed. Perfect server. Great food. Beautiful display. Highly recommended and will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was absolutely amazing!KmcleDined on 10/4/2013Food was absolutely amazing! I had the duck and my boyfriend had the tenderloin. We also started with the scallops everything was delicious amazing chef!Special Features:
- While it was weird being theKathyHDined on 9/26/2013While it was weird being the only ones in the restaurant Thursday night, the food was really good and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tantalizing GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Social is an amazing restaurant! Interesting, delicious menu. Incredible service. Funky atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal aloneLookingforYummyDined on 8/9/2013My husband and I had 6:30 pm reservations for dinner on Friday night to celebrate our anniversary. Only one other customer was at the bar having a drink. Given it was or first time there, we took this as a possible "bad sign" - were we ever proven wrong! The food was outstanding! We had scallops and mussels to start, followed by the lamb confit and the halibut. The portions were generous to the point that we wished we had only ordered one appetizer or split a main. I was impressed with the very warm plates our food came out on & the server gave us new cutlery for our mains! (I can't tell you how many upscale restaurants we've been to that serve hot food on cold plates and/ or make you keep your forks. We most certainly will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was ExcellentyeejulDined on 8/7/2013The owner was our waitress and was excellent and the dessert which we had was cheesecake was excellent and made our anniversary evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the foodAspenDinerDined on 8/1/2013I went there with my parents for dinner recently and was rather disappointed by the food. I had read some great reviews from a year or so ago but the quality of the food that we had simply didn't live up to the earlier reviews. The food was bland and overcooked. The lamb was dry and chewy. The duck was a bit too salty and dry too. The appetizer was good though. What a shame as it was a nice little restaurant with a great atmosphere, and the waitress was very nice. I must say that we did not try the wine there so I could comment on that.
- fresh seafoodychmmDined on 7/16/2013Great seafood! We had oysters, scallop and messel, they were so fresh and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2013It was a pleasant experience. The food was good and not over salted like many restaurants do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad GnocchiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/22/2013Lamb delicious. Risotto under cooked. Something terribly wrong with the gnocchI - was mushy & bad flavor. Wine good but sangria watered down with no flavor. I won't be going back for expensive poorly made food. Sorry.Special Features:
- A little gemOKvalleyDined on 6/19/2013This was our first visit to Resto Lounge and when we drove up you would never have known a beautiful restaurant was there behind the blinds. My first "that's my type of restaurant" feeling was when I looked at the website. Our server was great and attentive enough to provide great service but not intrusive. We wished we lived in the area. We will definitely have Social Resto on our top ten restaurants in calgary to revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small restaurant and you definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2013Small restaurant and you definitely do not have any privacy. You can surely hear neighbouring tables as though they were sitting at your table with you. It was not very busy but if it was a full house it wouldn't be all that enjoyable. The food was good. My entree was huge - my piece of Halibut was enough for about 2 1/2 portions. Might pop in again sometime but not the first place I'd recommend for a nice evening out.
- FantasticSupermanDined on 6/6/2013Had the tenderloin, wife had the halibut both were amazing. Service was great and attentive. Would come back anytime!Special Features:
- Cool atmosphere - average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013Social Restolounge is a cool spot with good service (only one server on when we were there who served and made drinks for the whole place, but it's small). The food is just average and quite bland. My husband and I shared the tenderloin and the gnocchi. The steak was not seasoned at all and it was served with mashed potatoes that were equally bland. The gnocchi was a very small portion but in a tasty tomato sauce - it had the most flavour of all. It was a disappointment considering the meal prices. I wouldn't recommend for dinner, but a great spot for drinks or maybe dessert.
- Mostly a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013Food was good, service was a little slow (they were short 1 server) and the steak my wife ordered was undercooked. However when the waitress noticed it she offered us a free desert without us ever mentioning anything about the steak - that was appreciated. Risotto was good but completely unsalted which was surprising for a risotto. My lamb was very good. It's very from from where I live so I probably would not go back because there's just as good closer to home
- Wonderful meal out withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Wonderful meal out without the kids. The service was impeccable and friendly. Despite the emergence of more and more high end choices in this part of the city (Mercatos, Vin Room, Bistro rouge) we will likely make this our evening-out destination of choice. The mussels and fries were a great starter to share. Portion sizes for the mains were perfect.Special Features:
- Social is a quiet place withChrisDined on 3/9/2013Social is a quiet place with a great menu. The short rib is amazing, but the oysters alone are worth the trip. The pace of service is slow on purpose, so come expecting a relaxing meal and you will be satisfied.Special Features:
- We had been wanting to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2013We had been wanting to try this neighbourhood spot for months and when we had visitors determined that it was the perfect time. The food was excellent and, while the menu is small, the portion size was appropriate and the flavours were fantastic. The crab legs, everyone agreed, were the best!The wine list was intriguing. The one huge downside was the service -- it was slow but much more importantly, this young man was NOT an appropriate server for a restaurant whose entrees cost $38. I have never been referred to as "you guys" in a restaurant. He had no idea what we were talking about when we asked for our wine to be decanted and when we explained it to him, acted as though it was a ridiculous request!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in Calgary!SpackalDined on 2/19/2013We had a wonderful experience at the Social Restolounge. We were seated immediately and our server gave us exceptional service from the moment we walked in right up until our bill was paid. We lingered over wine and good conversation and while our server was attentive, he was in no way intrusive. The food was very savory, portioned well, and delightfully light. We will be repeat customers for sure!Special Features:
- Great Small, Friendly, Upscale SpotDonandFrankieDined on 2/15/2013My husband & I are regulars at Social Restolounge as it's in our neighbourhood. We recently went there to celebrate my birthday & were treated to a lovely evening. The main chef, Josh, was there and came out to greet us. Our server was very pleasant and attentive; Josh prepared 2 delicious meals from the 'Specials' menu; quail & sea bass which we thorougly enjoyed. We started with fresh oysters and finished with little chocolate tarts. Tuesday nights are our favourite; it's $1.00 oyster night & we love to indulge in a couple dozen oysters and a crisp white wine. The staff are always friendly; we love the food best when Josh is cooking. We would recommend this 'neighbourhood gem' and excellent destination spot to anyone.Special Features:
- This was my second trip toyycfoodsterDined on 1/29/2013This was my second trip to Social and i was not disappointed. We sampled a bunch of their appetizers, and while the mussels were maybe a 7 out of 10, the oysters, king crab, flatbread and fries were so so good. Also, Tuesdays they do $1 oysters, and we were there on a tuesday and filled our tummies with oh-so delectable malpeque oysters. YUM! Great spot in Aspen. Worth driving out of downtown.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2013The food was surprisingly excellent as was the service. Loved the Mojito with fresh mint. WOuld have been romantic except for the three front and centre televisions.Special Features:
- Aspen GemyycfoodsterDined on 1/19/2013The food and service was exceptional, and they have $1 oysters on Tuesdays, I just booked my reservation.Special Features:
- Loved the interior of thisStylistaDivaDined on 1/4/2013Loved the interior of this place. Elegant, yet cozy. The wine list, though not extensive, had a good variety. We went with the Valpolicella Ripasso wine recommendation from our server which was amazing. For an appetizer, the mussels & fries are a must have as well as the lamb sliders. Most of us had the beef tenderloin which had been recommended to us prior to attending. Dessert selections vary, we had the chocolate mousse and creme brulee on this occasion. The brulee was a bit too citrusy for my liking, but the mousse was delish! The service was friendly and attentive and we did not feel rushed. It isn't really a convenient location unless you live nearby, but we would go back.Special Features:
- Great place for a couple'sOldschoolDined on 12/21/2012Great place for a couple's night out. Excellent food, nice atmosphere and never seems to be crowded.Special Features:
- Just Brutal!MaishmentDined on 12/15/2012There were Two tables being used in the whole place. Still took us 15 minutes to place a drink order. The service was the worst I have ever had.. food was mediocre at best and was it $$$. Will never step foot in this place again. Worst service in the city!
- It was a quiet Tuesday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2012It was a quiet Tuesday evening and we were well cared for and received great food.Special Features:
- Everything about this restaurantRedviolin2777Dined on 11/3/2012Everything about this restaurant was fantastic. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Highly overpriced for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012Highly overpriced for the quality of foood that we received. The service was great, but for the price on the menu you expect a much higher quality.Special Features: