3720 S. Las Vegas Blvd. South #241
Las Vegas, NV 89158Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.socialhouselv.com/social
- Phone: 7027361122
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: John Chien Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room offers the seclusion provided by traditional Japanese shoji doors, the comfort and flexibility of a private room, and seating for up to 12. We also offer larger parties the flexibility of our configurable restaurant to suit their needs for privacy of up to 150 people
- Private Party Contact: Michael LaPorte 7027361122
A word from Social House
Now located in Crystals at CityCenter, Social House is an innovative Japanese sushi restaurant with delectable cuisine and an exuberant vibe. It's bold culinary vision was created by Executive Chef Joe Elevado, who trained under the acclaimed Nobuyuki "Nobu" Matsuhisa, as well as the "Japanese Iron Chef" Masaharu Morimoto. Now under the helm of Executive Chef John Chien Lee, the Social House menu of Asian cuisine is prepared from the freshest ingredients, highlighting the flavors and dishes of Japan and Southeast Asia. Complementing this thoughtful lineup is a dining space that provides warmth and intimacy suitable to creating an unforgettable evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Social House reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- GumbyVIPDined on 10/16/2014I have eaten at Social House many times, and it never fails to provide me with a delicious meal. The sushi is outstanding. Great Branzino, the Crisoy Pata was delicious. The special sushi rolls are amazing. The most important thing is my girlfriend loves the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch deal!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014Can't be a 3 course lunch for $20 and the food is spectacular! Loved every bite and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodVivianDined on 9/2/2014I like the cocktail there, very good. The lunch special is good too, especially the ramen noodle.Special Features:
- Worth every penny!CarolynDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful food. My ten-year-old son and I went before a show so it was quiet and very accessible but one can tell that later on it would be a sexy and swank spot. Our waiter was Johnny and he made great recommendations and took great care of us. Jalapeño Yelllow Tail. Garlic Albacore. Angry Tuna. Black Cod. Perfection. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bronzed BroccoliidreamofserendipityDined on 8/8/2014Our bachelorette party had a great time at Social House! Johnny was our waiter and had the right amount of charisma. He was very attentive and made us laugh which contributed to our experience there. The ambiance is beautiful and the food was delicious. I just don't think there was enough food (we opted to do "tapa" style of dining) for everyone. But that's okay, we enjoyed our dining experience! The seared albacore roll and bronzed broccoli are a must order!! I should've taken orders to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only one theredisappointedDined on 7/21/2014The only time available on OpenTable was at 9:45 p.m. My wife and I arrived and were the only ones there. The staff was cleaning up for the night and standing at the bar watching us. They closed at 10 p.m.! We took our order to go since we were totally uncomfortable with an audience of staff and threw it away once we got back to our hotel. I do not know why reservations could be made so close to closing time or why there were not any available times since no one else was there.
- Still as good as the first time !bibiDined on 7/17/2014It´s a must when in Vegas. Been to the one at the Cosmopolitain and Social House is clearly the best. The service was great, very patient since we had been to this restaurant quite a while ago and weren't familiar with the menu. They were very helpful ! We will be back.Special Features:
- Good Value for lunchamkagDined on 7/8/2014The food itself was not wonderful, but average. However the lunch special was a great deal at $20 per person for three courses. The ambiance is cool and relaxed, very quiet during lunch. I imagine it to be a much more vibrant atmosphere in the evenings.Special Features:
- The following 214 reviews are from the Social House reviews archive.
- Frat house fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I booked this reservation since we had not been here before and it was close to our hotel. The food was excellent: salmon modern sashimi and hamachi tartare especially. The only downside is that there is basically one big open room, so large parties like the bachelor party dining near us can be especially loud and distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food very small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014Have eaten here before and always very good. Very expensive for the size of portions. Keep that in mind if hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GumbyVIPDined on 6/1/2014The sea bass and the NY Strip are fantastic. You can't beat the yellow tail sashimi with jalepenos. The salmon tartar is superb as well as the angry tuna roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sliders and fish good, duck = meh.FiiiiiiiishDined on 5/24/2014I'm a sushi snob, so I'd say that the quality of fish here is pretty good but doesn't blow me away. I suggest the angry tuna and seared albacore rolls. Also, you really cannot go wrong with the kobe beef sliders; they weren't on the menu that we were given but our server said that they were still available. This is probably the best thing on their menu, so hopefully the fact that they're not on the dinner menu isn't a sign of things to come. I would, however, stay away from the duck buns. The duck itself is fine, but the buns were too doughy and sort of overpowered the duck. Coco-nuts for dessert (yes, mini donuts) are always a winner.Special Features:
- AWESOMEkerbyDined on 5/10/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Vegas. The food is amazing!Special Features:
- Social Houseyummydeliciousfood2014Dined on 4/26/2014Great food. It was my 4th time eating at Social House. Love the food and atmosphere. Will be back again!!!Special Features:
- Not a good lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2014Went there expecting a sushi menu and instead had a very limited offering with no traditional sushi/sashimi offerings. I can't speak on the dinner menu which was what I saw that confirmed my choice to try this restaurant.
- A Dinner to RemeberSyRy611Dined on 3/1/2014We had such an amazing experience at The Social House. Every dish was soo good, no one was able to choose a favorite. The service was great! All of us agree that we will likely remember this dinner for a very long time! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Japanese in VegasRyanDined on 2/28/2014This is a unique spot where they serve social portions so they want you to order a bunch of stuff to share. This can be pricey but no where as much as barMASA or anything. Food was simply awesome. Stay away from the rip off godzilla bowl drink..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLv2eatDined on 2/25/2014As always, the Social House delivers great service and great quality. The tasting menu choreographed by our server included some favorites, but, most importantly, pleased every guest at the table. Great ambiance and excellent service.Special Features:
- A bit overpriced for whatGinPDined on 2/22/2014A bit overpriced for what was offered. I got the miso black cod - it was good, but a little bit too sweet. My husband got the hangar steak - also good, but nothing exceptional. We both wished that there was rice with our entrees, as neither came with any sides (and I don't believe rice was even an option as a side!) Dessert was our favorite - the green tea cheesecake was amazing! Definitely should get that if you go.
- DisappointingAvRNewportVIPDined on 2/19/2014I was excited for some really good seafood and sushi but unfortunately the food was disappointing. We had the lettuce wraps and the potstickers- both were completely flavorless. The yellowtail appetizer with jalapeño was the only item worthy of a good mention. We scarfed it down and left everything else on the plate it was so blah. Cocktails were good, ambiance was clubby and kind of try hard. Needs a menu makeover!
- A bit pricey, but then, aren'tjimfromevanstonVIPDined on 2/18/2014A bit pricey, but then, aren't most restaurants on the Las Vegas strip? The ambience was really very nice, although the music should probably be a little "softer". I had sushi, and not only was the food exceptional, but the presentation was very nice as well. The real surprise was a side dish which I would recommend that everyone orders when visiting the Social House - the golden broccoli. It is hard to describe, but I have never tasted anything quite like it, and would consider ordering 3 orders of this to comprise a single meal. Outstanding!Special Features:
- Not recommended due to serviceMMConnorDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious and a little different than traditional Japanese. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. Unfortunately, when we arrived and checked in with the host, there were 3 host/hostesses behind the desk, none of which made eye contact with us for half a minute, since they were chatting. When I said we had a reservation, they did not respond or ask us to wait, they just turned their backs (!) and had a discussion. After 3 minutes, someone came back and finally greeted us pleasantly and walked us to our table. A simple hello, and letting us know it would be a few minutes wait would have been nice. There was no communication! Oddly, there were mostly empty tables in all parts of the restaurant! No wonder!
- Quality All AroundLVKatDined on 2/14/2014Social House is a gem - the best part was our wonderful server, Alina. She took such good care of us, and since I have special dietary constraints that is no easy task! Really loved our Valentine's Dinner here. VERY pretty ambiance, and high quality sushi (which hubby and I are picky about.) The prices are excessive, but that's par for the Strip. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Socialize at the Social HouseDebiPDined on 2/6/2014Social House is aptly named. The atmosphere and service are very conducive to socializing. We dined there with old friends sharing food family style and chatting for several hours. The noise level was perfect for conversation and the food was tasty and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi I've ever hadLovefinewineDined on 1/7/2014We dined at the Social House during CES and very much enjoyed it. Anthough it's very spendy, the food and service were top notch. All 6 of us said it was the probably the best sushi we've ever had. I would highly reccommend the Social House to anyone. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs full of fattommybVIPDined on 1/4/2014Had the beef ribs. The little meat that was on them was very tasty but they were mostly fat. Had chicken which also had fat on it. This is probably a good sushi house so if that is all you want, you will probably be fine. We only had ribs and chicken and were terribly disappointed.
- Excellent food - bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014Food is excellent. Service was excellent the first time we went there for lunch (Jan 2 - front room). But the second time (Jan 3 at 1:30pm - front room) it was awful : the appetizers arrived after the entrees, the emptied plates were left on the table ... Although the food is very good, we will not go back there because of the bad service we had the second time.Special Features:
- Very Social at Social HouseCathyLDined on 1/1/2014We really enjoyed our experience at this establishment. Great food and great service. The waiter was exceptional and was very helpful in recommending items both on and off the menu, which really enhanced our experience.Special Features:
- Great foodHomeymoonersDined on 12/31/2013Excellent service by the head waiter.he was amazing. He made our experience much better than anywhere else we have eaten in Vegas. Food was delightful. Amazing flavours throughout our 8 course degustation. Very generous considering the price I would definitely recommend the restaurant to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weired japanese menunatsuDined on 12/24/2013they had a menu both in english and japanese on the same page and the japanese translation was extremely weired. i didn't know if it was on purpose or joke, but i don't think no Japanese like the translation and it wasn't even funny. it is a japanese restaurant for non japanese...Special Features:
- Delectable!! Want more!KikiDined on 12/12/2013Lots of specialty dishes and twists on favorites. Service was great from Chris. Desserts not my fav, list is short. However I would go back again and again for the tempura lobster roll! Great food, service, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there several timesKLR1Dined on 12/10/2013Really like this place. I remember when it was in TI and while the layout has changed the atmosphere and service is still top notch along with the food. Go there for some Japanese food and good sake.Special Features:
- Not a great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013They might have been understaffed as it was Thanksgiving but service was uncoordinated and late. Quality of food was good. Sashimi very fresh.Special Features:
- FantasticKeepitrealDined on 11/2/2013We had a 8 course sampler platter though a little expensive it was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out on The StripDocandProfDined on 10/12/2013Lots of places to eat on the Strip. If you love Asian food, don't pass up Social House. Had appetizers and the Tasting menu. Perfect amount for 2 of us.Special Features:
- goodjasandjoceDined on 10/4/2013Good food, nice dark atmosphere. Great for a date with ur girl or guy. Food took a little long but we were in no hurrySpecial Features:
- Best Japanese FusionCRossDined on 10/2/2013Fantastic service, great atmosphere, and the food can't be beat. Not cheap, but what great meal in Vegas is? Been there twice and never reached for the soy sauce as the rolls where so full of flavor you don't need them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy WaiterJLI3Dined on 9/29/2013The food was delicious - no complaints there. But the waiter was very pushy, to the point where we would order and he would literally tell us "that's not what you want". Making recommendations as a waiter is fine, but if I hear "no" 10 times in my dining experience, it gets pretty annoying. But that could be just that one waiter. Like I said, the food was delicious and I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food/pushy waitorselaDined on 9/28/2013My 4 girlfriends and I went for dinner on saturday. The sushi was outstanding! I would have given an over all 5 stars, but our server was a bit pushy and clearly trying to upsale and seemed annoyed that we already knew what we wanted and didnt listen to how he thought we should eat our dinner. So that made us feel unconfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ambienceDezine99Dined on 9/21/2013Food was fantastic but ambience was sorely lacking. I would have gone down a notch in terms of food quality just too experience a more vibrant & fun atmosphere. Expensive restaurant - not worth it unless you have a huge party of people. I guess we had high expectations for a fun spot considering its' location. Was expecting something like Nobu @ Hardrock or Tao.Special Features: