2619 W. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.social52rva.com/
- Phone: 8043539709x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Monday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00am
Late night menu available until close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining area offers seated up to 70. Cocktail up to 100. Private entrance and free parking available.
- Private Party Contact: Jordan Hunter x
A word from Social 52
Social52 is the newest addition to Richmond’s thriving dining scene. Located in the heart of the fan on Main St., this spacious casual-pub is perfect for any social gathering large or small. Social’s casual atmosphere serves as the backdrop for our creative New-American menu and our extensive craft beer menu. Our New-American fare offers a fresh twist on classic items such as our ‘Duck Flatbread’ and ‘Social-Joes’ - ground turkey and brisket smothered in our homemade beerbeque sauce and served on a pretzel roll. With over 70+ beer selections, we offer thousands of pairing options to please any palate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Social 52 reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (8)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)romantic (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect brunch spot!BirthdayDined on 9/6/2014We dined at Social 52 for brunch the morning after a 21st birthday celebration. The pitchers of mimosas were tasty and perfectly priced. The food was delicious, appropriately priced, and good portions. We had really great service as well. We enjoyed Social 52 so much that we ended up going back for a beer at the bar later that afternoon. I would recommend this restaurant and bar to any of my friends, either living in or visiting Richmond.Special Features:
- Awesome find!samtDined on 8/25/2014I totally wish that I lived in Richmond so I could frequent this restaurant! I picked it off of OpenTable on a business trip and was extremely happy that I went with it instead of getting a recommendation from the hotel. The firecracker shrimp and fried Brussels sprouts were incredible. The person I was with loved the pickled green beans. Service was perfect. Beer was great. I'd go back in a second!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC DINNER AND SERVICE!!!JamieDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere, service, and food was incredible!!! I have always enjoyed coming to Social 52, and this was my daughter's first visit. She thought it was fantastic, and looks forward to bringing some her friends. We both enjoyed the appetizers... the fried Brussel Sprouts are wonderful as were the flatbreads we got. Social 52 will now be a regular drop in!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!LeslieDined on 7/20/2014Had been to Social 52 weekend evenings for appetizers and few beers in the bar area. Love the cheddar/bacon bread and Brussels sprouts! Beer selection is great! Thought we'd try brunch and it was as expected-terrific. The BF enjoyed the self serve Bloody Mary cart. I got 2 diff. mimosas (good, but think I prefer the norm champagne/OJ splash.) Food was awesome - neat, different twists on normal favs, but nothing weird or unrecognizable. Pretty quiet while there for brunch, but can be loud at night. Overall, very good find- recommend a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Social 52 reviews archive.
- A little underwhelmingJustaservantDined on 6/15/2014We went here for Father's Day brunch. When we first placed our orders, my son was told they were out of toast, so his selection would have to be modified. My wife, daughter and I ordered the shrimp & grits (their signature item). About 3-4 minutes later our server returned to say they were out of the shrimp & grits. Very disappointing. I ended up getting the Low Country Flatbread, which turned out to be a fancy name for a small pizza. I ordered a beer, and the server came back again a few minutes later to tell me that they were out of that beer. This is when the GM _should_ have come out and apologized. Inadequate prep by the kitchen, inadequate attention by the GM, okay food.
- Great Find - Great PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014I met with 15+ of my friends - a lot of whom showed up without RSVPing and was accommodated without any problem. It was a bit loud, but that was mostly due to the high number of people at the bar watching a game. The food was excellent and a lot was passed around so we could sample a bit of everyone's food. I think our waitress was a bit flustered by the additional people who showed up, but ended up doing a great job.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My boyfriend took me, my mother, and his mother out for brunch here on mothers day. They gave each of us ladies a rose and our meal was free. It was absolutely delicious and we plan on returning every so often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, cocktails lackingtvrs388VIPDined on 5/10/2014It was our first time visiting Social 52. We sat for a few minutes before our server took a drink order, and he was a little slow for the rest of the dinner, but it seemed like he might have been new. Not bad service, just slightly slow. The cocktails were very disappointing. Not very imaginative and not flavorful at all. But overall, the food was delicious. We started off with the dip trio with naan bread and all three were great. I went for a bunch of small plates that I shared with my husband. The brussel sprouts were my favorite with the firecracker shrimp coming in a close second. The hangar steak kebab was cooked perfectly, but the duck spring rolls were boring. The main courses that came were good, but not really memorable.Special Features:
- EnjoyableSchleppo23Dined on 5/9/2014Fun spot with a great local craft beer list and very good appetizers and sandwiches. I have eaten here several times since it has opened and each time I have been impressed with the food and service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great ServiceRvafoodieDined on 5/3/2014Our waitress was so attentive and got everyone's order exactly right, even though our group was huge and there were definitely some complicated orders. She made it such an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!rvafoodieDined on 4/25/2014Girlfriend and I went there for the first time. Had a blast. A great dinner with even better drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Even the picky eater I took here enjoyed the food. Great food & drinks. Friendly service. Very popular so make sure you make reservations. Seems tough to get a place by the bar. Definitely returning.Special Features:
- Amazing Easter Brunch.MaryDined on 4/20/201411 of us came to Social 52 for Easter brunch and frankly had very low expectations. Mostly because the menu reflected very reasonable pricing. We kind of expected pub food. We were shocked and overwhelmed with the selections, variety and overall amazing service. It was a treat! We loved everything and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok...bquickbutdonthurryDined on 4/20/2014Food was ok but the mimosas were great. It was pretty quiet for an early brunch but picked up as we were leaving. The steak and eggs was pretty good. Steak was well cooked. Duck Omelet wasn't the best but my wife liked the actual duck, but the omelet wasn't great as a whole. We love social 52 for happy hour and dinner. We'll have to retry brunch at some point.
- What a pleasant surprise weMotaVIPDined on 4/12/2014What a pleasant surprise we found on West Main. We both loved the Virginia beer selection, the interesting entrée choices and the top notch friendly and professional service we received from Traylor. It was a first time dining experience there for us and already planning a return trip soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner turned into drinksHangingOutDined on 4/4/2014As always when I travel, OT did not disappoint. We were looking for something with a little bit of everything and Social52 fit the bill perfectly. With our semi-large group (10) finding a restaurant in the fan that took reservations was difficult, not to mention one with enough food offerings to accommodate everyone. Between the appetizers we all shared, mixture of sandwiches and entree's, all of the food was on point (though the duck spring rolls could use a bit more duck). The great thing about our night is once we were done eating we just stayed for late night drinks as the bar started to fill up around 10pm. Over all great place to eat and then hang out late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodColeenDined on 3/31/2014Everyone in our group really enjoyed their meals. We got the fried Brussels sprouts as an appetizer - yum. And the firecracker shrimp was delicious. It was a Tuesday night so just a few tables were full, but i assume weekends are busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014My friends and I went to social 52 and really enjoyed it. All of the food was really good and the sangria was yummy and huge. Our only complaint was that they accidentally have one of our dishes to another table, but our waitress was very aplogetic about it.Special Features:
- Young loud crowdLoveAmiciDined on 3/29/2014Loud bar scene Great for financially secure 25 to 32 crowd Great beer selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurantAmiKDined on 3/28/2014We took out-of-town guests to Social 52 mainly because we were looking for a sports bar from which to watch NCAA games. They delivered a great sports watching experience, with big screens easily viewable from both sides of the table. We were pleasantly surprised by the food, which was delicious - especially the brussel sprouts and flat bread and the service, which was top notch. The place was full of people, had a lot of energy and a fun vibe Only downside - a bit noisy, probably not a great romantic getaway spot. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- Great!pmansfieldDined on 3/15/2014Really loved Social52. We went for date night, but it happened to be Saturday celebration of St Patrick's Day. The place was completely full and everyone was having a good time. The service and the food were both great. We'll be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Social52cabdegresDined on 3/8/2014We were the oldest people there (60s) and I loved it. Lots of young but not college people. Very lively and fun group. Excellent service from our female waiter. Excellent food with generous portions. Would repeat. No nonsense good place.Special Features:
- Not what I was expectingMaggieDined on 3/1/2014Like so many of us these days, I trolled the Internet for what I was hoping were objective reviews. This restaurant has received many very good reviews and so I was expecting to have a similar experience as the majority. At best it was average. The exception was our server, She was wonderful and the best part of the evening. It's not that any one thing was specifically awful, but together the whole was not outstanding as other reviewers indicated. Food selection was limited and unimaginative. Again, average. A major detractor was the noise the level. We could hardly hear each other. It's probably a good neighborhood hangout if you don't want to stray far from home.Special Features:
- Went for dinner after 10pm.NewbieDined on 2/28/2014Went for dinner after 10pm. The food was great and so was the service, but I was definately a very strong bar atmosphere. Lost of people standing all around, and the volume level was just slightly to high to comfortable dinner conversation. The food was awesome though, and then staff on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Social 52 ... !!!!!NewFavoriteInTheFanDined on 2/22/2014This was the first time that any of the four of us went to Social 52 but it will definitely not be the last. We had 3 different starters and 4 different entrees .... all were a hit!! We did a lot of sharing at the table ... and I can not tell you what was my favorite. The menu is not the same old, same old stuff ... different / variety in a good way. The wait staff arrived in a timely manner with each course / drink and Bart (.... I am guessing ... owner / manager) greeted us in the bar area and made us feel right at home in this new hot spot. Can't wait for a repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was Just So SogoingouttoeatVIPDined on 2/22/2014Basically just bar food which sounds a little more upscale than it is. Great beer menu, young crowd at the bar, TV's around. Price point is attractive but food (fried brussel sprouts, overdone and greasy; wings OK and Thai Shrimp flatbread pizza mostly flatbread, only a few shrimp and sauce was pretty mundane) Again, not bad, but nothing notable.Special Features:
- RVA has a great place to eat!OpenmindedDined on 2/21/2014This restaurant was clean, friendly, and busy. The wait staff was very nice and eagerly answered our questions about the food choices. The building was loud due to the bar side activity with talking and laughter making table talk difficult. The food was some of the best I've eaten in RVA. The energy there was fun with mostly a younger crowd and some of us old salts mixed in. Regardless of the noise, I will eat there again and again, it is worth it. Prices are as expected for what you get.Special Features:
- My first time there...Servicetayloralexis8Dined on 2/21/2014My first time there...Service was fast, variety on the menu, great beer and drinks to choose from. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & good servicerrburksDined on 2/15/2014We had a hard time deciding what to eat because it all sounded so good, so we ended up with several small plates to share & they were all very good. The food came out really quick, which was surprising. We plan to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChillyMBizzleDined on 2/14/2014Second visit, just two of us. First time came with a larger group. Had a beet salad both times; quite good. This time had shrimp & scallops on linguini which was ok. My companion had salmon on asparagus which was very good. Wait staff very knowledgable and attentive, same as with our first visit. Only thing unpleasant was the seat by front door on a chilly night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines quickie!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014So do to the traffic my date was late to dinner and we had a tight schedule, trying to make it to the ballet after dinner. Even so the service was great we got our food promptly and were both extremely satisfied. We both intends to go back and enjoy a lengthy dinner. The alcohol list really caught my eye and I even enjoyed a few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyCristVIPDined on 2/7/2014Food was great. Service was OK. Noise was overpowering. Might be better on a weeknight so you can hear the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014Social 52 was a great stop after cotillion with a large group of middle school boys. They had fun, there was plenty of space, the servers were very accommodating, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014Checked on line for menu options for 8 yr. old, did not see kids menu but we were going early in the evening so figured he could have a flatbread pizza. They did have a kids menu and provided the typical faire along with crayons and coloring page. Our waiter was great, the beer list was pretty good and liked the creative burgers everyone else ordered. I had the duck and loved the sweet and spicey flavors along with the crispy duck for great texture. Our group loved the brussel sprouts and I recommend them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a groupLJSdinerDined on 2/1/2014Great beer list, the food was good (it's like they "upscaled" typical bar food choices), I really liked how accommodating the space was for large groups. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!DallasfoodieDined on 1/27/2014The food was great but service was on the slower side.Special Features:
- Great brunch !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014Lots of vegetarian options and the tofu club was YUMMY !! The pink mimosa was ahhhhmaaazing & we will most definitely be back for brunch ! Thanks for a great Sunday !!Special Features:
- There for the Sunday brunch.qballDined on 1/26/2014There for the Sunday brunch. Food and service were very good. Cramped quarters for a party of 5. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodsamsonDined on 1/17/2014I like the style of social 52, it is simple, and not over done. The food is really good, the service is good, I will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Social 52 ReviewJayJayDined on 1/11/2014First time dining here. Great atmosphere - a little loud though. Food was good. Great beer selection. Will definitely come back again.Special Features: