3301 N Clark
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.soccachicago.com/
- Phone: 7732481155
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm Latecomers brunch: limited menu in bar only: Saturday & Sunday: 2:30pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Roger Herring
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Socca
This seasonally focused Lakeview French-Italian country eatery is named for the chickpea-flour cake popular in southeastern France. The menu shifts seasonally, but you can expect appetizers such as steamed mussels with garlic, white wine, tomato confit, lemon and herbs; crispy thin flat-bread pizzettes that have been featured on the Food Network ; homemade pasta dishes; and bistro classics such as pan-roasted hanger steak with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites. Daily dinner specials typically include a fresh pasta, fish, and Allen Brothers prime steaks. The wine list features picks from Italy and France as well as a California-heavy U.S. selection with ample by-the-glass options and a few flights. The restaurant also hosts regular wine dinners and events. Socca"s dining room is casual and lively, with a neighborhood bistro vibe. Sunset-hued walls and floor-to-ceiling windows on a corner location give the space an open, airy feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Socca reviews from OpenTable diners
- AveragechiharveDined on 6/29/2013Food choices and quality were average at best. Not one chicken item available.
- We have enjoyed Socca forMBN20Dined on 6/29/2013We have enjoyed Socca for several years! We went for our last time this past Saturday evening, the night that it closed. The food was fabulous and the service was perfect. We will miss Socca but will look forward to returning when it re- opens as a new concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt a bit rushed by our server,steveDined on 6/26/2013Felt a bit rushed by our server, though he was quite crisp and attentive.
- I always love Socca. The foodcherylrmDined on 6/23/2013I always love Socca. The food is always great. The service the best! It's a great spot to feel at home.Special Features:
- Everything we tried was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Everything we tried was wonderful and unique - very unexpectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed DadWorldTravelerDined on 6/16/2013We brought our dad here for Father's Day, but left disappointed. After talking up Socca, it was a let-down that day. Our last experience was great. Unfortunately, the service nor the food lived up to expectations. The salads and appetizers came out after about 20-25 minutes and then almost immediately our entrees. We asked them to wait to serve them so we could finish our first course. Well, you know what that means - they sat in the kitchen for 10-15 minutes while we finished. While the scallops and steak were good, the monkfish special was not really that special. Then one person ordered dessert while the rest of us ordered coffee. The dessert came and went and still no sign of the coffee. I'm not sure how I feel anymore about Socca.
- Great service and excellentchefbyhobbyDined on 6/16/2013Great service and excellent food! We went for Father's day and didnt disappoint. Waiter was super attentive and food outstanding! We will definitely be back! The chef also made my husband a special dish off the menu it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining spotForTheGFsBdayDined on 6/6/2013This place was great! The food and drinks were amazing and the service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally, the food is reallydavidpetrichVIPDined on 6/6/2013Generally, the food is really good; however, this time, not so much. Changes are being made and I do not know if they are going in the right direction. I know that Socca is closing and new ownership has already taken over, and if you are keeping some of the food items on the Socca menu, don't fix what isn't broken - especially, the meat and Anti Pasta platter.Special Features:
- Great!MattDined on 6/5/2013Special occasion visit - food and ambience were great. Would have expected slightly faster service due to it being a somewhat slow Wednesday night, but the waiter was covering several tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome dessertbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 6/3/2013Peanut gelato is awesome. Fish and veggie ragout really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyrjvtDined on 6/1/2013Celebrated a special birthday. Great table, food, service. Special evening! Thanks!Special Features:
- Gracious staff and excellent food!LindaVIPDined on 6/1/2013We went to Socca to celebrate our son's 21st birthday. Everyone was incredibly kind and attentive to us. The service was excellent and the food was fabulous! We especially enjoyed the steak tartare, the sea scallops and the pasta special of the day topped with a lamb ragout. If you live in the suburbs it is definitely worth the journey to come into the city! And we had no trouble finding a parking space on the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was delicious! WelpeteVIPDined on 6/1/2013Our meal was delicious! We started with the pig wings (rhubarb-glazed ribs ir chank with pea shoot & pineapple salad), then had 2 pastas (gnocci caprese & spaghetti da mare,) and finished with the strawberry-rhubarb crisp with vanilla gelato. The pork starter was exceptional and I highly recommend it. I enjoyed my gnocci more than we liked my spouse's spaghetti. (He thought the spiciness of the tomato sauce overwhelmed the delicate seafood. But it was tasty enough for him to finish the whole dish.) The crisp was also great -- flavorful crust & the sweet/tart filling.) The only down side for us was the noise from a large bachelorette party.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner2timeoffenderDined on 5/28/2013We had a great waitress that was good comic relief and knowledgable about the food on the menu. The bus boy was quick with clearing the table and pouring the water. The food was great and they treated me with a nice birthday desert just from it being mentioned in conversation at our table.Special Features:
- Great Graduation DinnerfinedinerDined on 5/25/2013We went to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation. The food was delicious, service excellent:) We loved our food and everyone from my picky kids to picky parents were happy with their meals. I would highly recommend it! We had been there with my (close to) adult children before and we have all loved it every time! Get the french fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest dining experiencesburrellDined on 5/21/2013The management and the staff at Socca took extra care with my proposal dinner for my fiance and I and I appreciate the details. The manager notified me that he would be obtaining new flowers for me that were beautiful which put service above and beyond what we expected. Christina our server was attentive polite and knowledgeable. The food; dear god the food was amazing. Thank you to the chef for preparing the best burger I have had in my life. My fiance enjoyed the mussels and her pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor AcousticsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2013I love the restaurant and the food. However, the poor acoustics makes the restaurant very loud and difficult to have conversation. The owners should investigate some sort of sound absorber to decrease the loudness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mark is an outstanding waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2013Mark is an outstanding waiter and food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Socca!!!tapasloveVIPDined on 5/7/2013We had an amazing experience. First time dining at Socca. We were with friends and all of us really enjoyed it. Our meals were delicious. The service was excellent. Kudos to Mark our server, really great service!! Thanks! We will definitely be back. Scallops were delicious, pork chop was great, and the 16 oz steak (bone in) was to die for. I'm a meat lover and this steak was the bomb. Also, enjoyed the grilled calamari that had a bit of a kick. Yum! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceCasperVIPDined on 5/1/2013It was a little quiet while I was dining here, but I LOVED that. Service was excellent, food was delicious and my martini was perfect. Well done Socca. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was a little disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013I was a little disappointed. I had been here for brunch and had high expectations for dinner. We were rushed through a meal that was less than stellar. Not bad, but not great.Special Features:
- Still love this placeDonnaDined on 4/20/2013Still love this place! Wonderful, as always. Husband said his was the best burger he EVER HAD!Special Features:
- Basically, the food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/20/2013Basically, the food was great. However, our waiter was a bit pushy: I ordered one glass of wine and was warned it was sweet; then a second and it too did not meet his standards. I was told (and I quote) "Forget the Pinot Grigio." Then he started pushing another wine (that just happened to be the most expensive by the glass on the menu, go figure). I ordered an unsweetened iced tea instead. Way to get that sale, dude.
- Great restaurant, had thekyleDined on 4/19/2013Great restaurant, had the fish which was very good. Had a great wine list with a very knowledgeable sommelier. Only two beer on tap which was disappointing. Overall great experience and will go back.Special Features:
- We loved our Pizzette (figs,LisaVIPDined on 4/14/2013We loved our Pizzette (figs, carmalized onions), always the best thing at Socca, but I've had better meals there in the past. I had the special which was a crab ravioli. It would have been better with cheese and the lemon flavor overpowered everything else. Couldn't even taste the crab. My husband's meal was bland. We have enjoyed the food at Socca at other times, this was just an off night.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toFoodie2enjoyVIPDined on 4/11/2013This was our first visit to Socca and we enjoyed a very nice dinner, Definitelly worth another shot.Special Features:
- Great ServiceExceptionalFoodVIPDined on 4/6/2013I have be a patron to this estabishment several times and always get great service with great food; with the exception of this last visit. The fish that I ordered lacked flavor and after i had mentioned it to the waiter I was expecting him to ask me if I wanted to order something else; which he didn't. I was surprised that he didn't offer to exchange it. This wlll not stop me from going back.Special Features:
- Consistently delivering GREAT foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2013Always love coming here, the food is always great, I have never had a bad meal, everSpecial Features:
- An excellent dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2013An excellent dining experience. We dined at Socca several years ago; it was good then and even better now. We'll be back.Special Features:
- We are regulars at this lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013We are regulars at this lovely restaurant. The food is always amazing. Try the specials when you can. The menu never disappoints. The wine recommendations our server provided were wonderful. I can not say enough good things about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Went for my dads birthdayssbhd50VIPDined on 4/5/2013Went for my dads birthday with a party of four. Seated promptly. Great cocktails. Knowledgeable service Food was excellent. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Dinner was absolutely amazing. The specials were out of the box and the decor and ambiance are perfect!! Sam our waiter was fabulous. Thank you cannot wait to come back!Special Features:
- By "energetic" noise, we meanLikesGoodDiningDined on 3/30/2013By "energetic" noise, we mean LOUD. It was so loud in there we certainly couldn't talk to one another without yelling and I felt bad for the servers. Once the dinner rush died down it was better, and overall the ambience is good besides that. High quality food - I especially loved the mussels appetizer. Not many vegetarian options since almost everything was at least topped off with prosciutto. Our server was great. Not pushy, genuinely friendly. We would go again, but the high prices will keep us out. We were only able to go a second time because of a gift certificate we were given.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. HighlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Food was excellent. Highly reccomemd any special they have. A bit loud but what can you do with a packed house.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinner!Gonzo70VIPDined on 3/20/2013Had dinner at Socca with a friend last night and we both had a wonderful time; outstanding dinner and warm, friendly service as always. Socca is incredibly consistent at providing a wonderful dining experience at very affordable pricing for the quality and quantity of the cuisine. We each took advantage of the Wednesday night create-your-own wine flights; had pizettes, the calamari appetizer (loved the heat) and for entrees I had the barley gnocchi special with corned beef & cabbage and my friend a prosciutto wrapped fish special. Everything was fantastic. Socca is firing on all cylinders!Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013Making the reservation was easy. I was taking my lady friend out for her birthday. It was our first time at the restaurant. As we arrived we were warmly welcome by both the Maitre'D and the bartender. Seated promptly. Mark took over from there. He read us like a book, we do use big letters and small words, seriously though, he was perfect on being there when we needed him and absent when we didn't. Our goal as guests is to create an experience for our server as they try to create one for us. Thank you Mark and SoccaSpecial Features:
- We really liked our meal andFoodavoreDined on 3/16/2013We really liked our meal and the wine list was extensive and very reasonable.Special Features:
- Passed by this place a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013Passed by this place a few times and it looked great for a romantic date night. Tool my girlfriend there after both got great career news and the food was outstanding. We try a new restaraunt as much as possible and this has been our best find in months. The staff knew the wine list well and recommended several choices. The frites with spicy ketchup and cheese fondue was awesome for starters. Our food arrived quickly and was outstanding. Our only regret was not having room for desert, which we will remedy soon.Special Features:
- My sister was visiting fromOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013My sister was visiting from out of town, she wanted to eat here. We really enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious. I will be back.Special Features: