207 S. Main St.
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sobys.com/
- Phone: 8642327007
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Soby's offers full service off-site catering with custom tailored menus for events of any type or size, from developing themes and planning menus to securing rentals, set up and staffing.
- Private Party Facilities: With 6,100 square feet of space, Soby’s is the perfect place to host your event. Soby’s can seat parties up to 100 on the semi-private Mezzanine level with the option for limited menus or ala carte ordering. For completely private events, The Loft at Soby’s can accommodate groups from 20 – 100.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Tollison; Lauren Van De Water 8888415724
A word from Soby's
Soby’s New South Cuisine is an eclectic blend of Contemporary Continental cuisine infused with traditional Southern ingredients, transforming old favorite into something fresh and new. The restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Greenville, in a renovated cotton mill built in the 1800s. The atmosphere is warm and energetic and the staff is well-trained to provide a fantastic dining experience for all of our guests. In addition, the wine list offers more than 500 selections and is a Wine Spectator Magazine award-winner for the past eight years, a 'Best of Award of Excellence' the past two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Soby's - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Soby's reviews from OpenTable diners
299 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)fit for foodies (168)great for outdoor dining (129)notable wine list (119)neighborhood gem (114)good for groups (101)romantic (89)hot spot (77)great for brunch (69)vibrant bar scene (46)late-night find (24)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (15)Show More
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Always a great experience, from the wide selection of delectable dishes on the brunch buffet to the delightfully creative build your own mimosa menu, with some stellar service thrown in to round it out, you can't help but enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/28/2014What a perfect spot to sit outdoors and enjoy a beautiful fall Sunday morning in Greenville! Initially I was disappointed when I heard that brunch was a buffet however I soon got over it when I sampled their delicious brunch! In particular, the salads were spectacular- the kale/squash and arugula/beet/goat cheese are hidden gems! We definitely will return to Soby's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone to SassafrasJaymeVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit to Soby's and unfortunately was a disappointment. We also had reservations at Sassafras and had to decide between the two. I think we chose poorly. I have to say, though, that my first visit a couple years ago was excellent, and that's why we wanted to come back. For my pre-dinner cocktail I ordered one of the house specialities and really hated it. Tasted like Kool Aid. For dinner my husband got one of the specials which was pork T-bone for $34. He liked it a lot, but didn't like the veggies and hardly had any mashed potatoes. I ordered grouper, which was good ($27), but it only came with a spoonful of rice and a thin layer of gumbo devoid of the promised crawfish. Not a good value. Good service, though.
- Enchanting EveningEnchanted009Dined on 9/27/2014what an enchanting way to celebrate my birthday. I had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!HarriettDined on 9/25/2014Soby's is one of my favorites. We both had the specials offered that night. A barbecued short ribs special and halibut. Delicious! Our server was very helpful and got us out of there in time for the Peace Center performance that night. Loved it!Special Features:
- Outstanding as AlwaysRuthDined on 9/25/2014Another perfect evening with excellent food and outstanding food. Soby's simply can't be beat.Special Features:
- Good southern food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Good option in donwntown Greenville, SC. Good southern food, with a excellent note for the duck breast. Nice dinner room inside an old factory building, but the noise level was a little higher than the desired for a minimum comfort. It didn´t make the dinner worse, due to the good service. I would also recommend the Larkins and the High Cotton a couple of blocks down the same Main Street.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceJbn206Dined on 9/23/2014We went to Soby's for dinner before a show at the Peace Center. Our waitress, Lisa, was very friendly, energetic and provided excellent service. Understanding that we were on a time schedule, our order was taken and food was brought to the table in a very timely manner. The Salmon and Crab Cakes were excellent. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great take on Southern Comfort foodlegalgeekDined on 9/20/2014What a local gem. We were in town for a conference and Soby's was recommended. We are from the Midwest so we like to eat outside when possible. Service was great and the food was terrific: the mac & cheese was a great take on a classic and the crab cashless with their spices were outstanding. And let's not forget the wonderful bleau cheese dressing! We sat right of main street and it was during Euphoria so we had front row seats to all of the traffic. Look forward to eating here again when our travel brings us back to Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small-town find!FamilydinersVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our first visit to Greenville for medical conference and so pleased. Perfect downtown mainstreet location. Various seating areas to choose from and nice bar. Staff so attentive and genuinely friendly, helpful with menu suggestions. Menu and specials are more than enough, food is so fresh and most locally purchased! Soux chef Rob has mastered both complexity of flavors and presentation alike. He demonstrates an obvious love and respect of his culinary art. The fried green tomatoes are best ever! If ever returning would absolutely revisit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommendthese2willreturnDined on 9/19/2014nice outdoor dining; great "people watching" on adjacent sidewalk. food was outstanding, nicely presented, very professional, pleasant waiter; knew her menu! interesting "southern cuisine" adequate variety. Would be a definite place to take out of town guests!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningRslewisDined on 9/13/2014I've come here many times with my wife, everything I've tried so far has been great! I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who loves great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oh yum!LolliDined on 9/12/2014It's been a while since we've visited but we weren't disappointed! Our server was very attentive, the food came out in a timely manner and they even remembered we were celebrating a birthday! The food was wonderful - perfectly cooked (I had the salmon and my husband had the pork chop. It was just amazing!Special Features:
- Great Service, Greenville ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014I hosted a business dinner for several out of towners who were charmed by the great service and local fare offered by Soby's. It's setting is thriving and the food is beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BalrogjdkDined on 9/7/2014I had a really nice meal for my birthday with my girl friend. The fillet mignon was melt in your mouth good and the samples of duck my girlfriend shared were equally good. The bacon mac and cheese was a good start to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it..mjh9492Dined on 9/7/2014Service, was Outstanding, along with the food choices at the brunch. And to top it off they made our anniversary special. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little noisyrpbphotoDined on 9/6/2014Food was good. Temperature in the restaurant seemed to change constantly too hot and too cold. We were also very disappointed in the table we were given. If you have reservations you should not have to sit with your back to the hosting desk. :( A little privacy would be great.Special Features:
- The service and food was wonderfulChadDined on 9/5/2014The service was great. Brion went out of his way to provide great service and to make my wife's birthday extra special. The pork tenderloin was excellent and highly recommended. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerDCEatsDined on 9/5/2014Had an excellent meal with great service from waiter (Brion). Hanger steak was good. Pork tenderloin was outstanding. Will definitely go again to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Outstanding.....don't miss out.....we have been there quite a few times since we moved from Texas in JanuarySpecial Features:
- For that special mealcornhuskerDined on 9/4/2014Food is good, drinks are fine. Wine list is extensive. Wait staff very knowledgeable. Go for a booth to lower the noise level. I had the duck breast, medium-rare as ordered. She had the trout, two pieces. Both were tops.Special Features:
- Service was a downerzajataDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I were in a section with a table of 6 and two tables of 2 (including ours). Two different waiters were introduced to us as our waiters for the evening. Throughout the meal, our table was ignored, to the point that we had to ask another employee (not one of our waiters) who was picking up our salad dishes for bread (never offered to our table) and water (never re-filled). Maybe it was an off night since it was a Monday, but there appeared to be plenty of employees for the amount of diners. As usual, the food was very good, so that was a plus...just a little disappointed in the service for a $75 meal.
- Brunch at Soby'sgreenladyDined on 8/31/2014Some of my family and I attended Sunday Brunch at Soby's. The atmosphere was very inviting. The food was scrumptious, and the staff was delightful! I have no personal complaints, but there is a loft for seating that would not have been user friendly for my grandmother. If my grandmother comes, would be sure to request seating on the floor, now that I know the layout of the dining area. The cost is a steal for the sophistication of the food. Go, taste, and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Delight!LindaFrankDined on 8/30/2014Our first visit to Greenville turned out to be a great one. The choices for restaurants just in the Downtown area alone was unbelievable. Our dinner at Soby's was a delight. Ask your waiter to tell you about their "Biscuit" story. They were so good along with the rest of the food we had. Oh, and a "must have" is the White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie!! Oh MySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing serviceFoodiesDined on 8/30/2014We were visiting Greenville during Labor day weekend and hubby and I decided to try Soby's on Sat. night. It was our first time dining here. Our server started off by telling us about the wines avail and he described an $80 bottle of wine and a $50 bottle. A little off-putting. Food was good but not the best we've ever had. Service was confusing. At one point, another server came and waited on us for a while and told us he was our original server's brother. The original server came back and never mentioned the other server coming to our table to wait on us. After dessert, the original server weaved into the conversation that his wife was expecting a baby in a few weeks. Guess he was looking for a big tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependably goodKattDined on 8/30/2014You can't go wrong at Soby's. It's a standby for us…but in the best way. The Foodie Fest selection was very good. Delicious good for a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always terrific!BillDined on 8/29/2014When I'm in Greenville I always make time for a meal here and they have never let me down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The food was absolutely divine! The service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the cheese biscuitsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Please dig out the old recipe for the once iconic cheese biscuits. Past many visits they are pastey and dull. All else food great and service nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Food was wonderful. Service was excellent. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy dinnerSuitUpDined on 8/28/2014A group of my friends and I dressed up and went downtown to Soby's for my birthday dinner. Had a great time and definitely would recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TableTablenotreadyDined on 8/28/2014Sobys did not have our table for six ready at the reserved time and the restaurant was only 50% full. That was a very poor start. The front table staff was not very functional or engaging.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceKkg003Dined on 8/27/2014The food choices offered great local style fare, and the service was exceptional. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great welcome to S. CarolinaAgbackerVIPDined on 8/27/2014We flew into S. Carolina for the Texas A&M football beatdown of the Gamecocks. Our trip started in Greenville and it was an awesome evening at Soby's. We stayed at the Westin right across the street so the location was convenient. Got the chef's table and was wowed from the start to finish. Also, ask for a tour of the wine cellar - it is amazing and they have some really fine wines you just can't find elsewhere. The fish was all cooked perfectly. Several Clemson fans stopped by to wish us luck.Special Features:
- 56th Wedding Anniversarybbur65Dined on 8/27/2014My bride of 56 years and I enjoyed a delightful celebration at Soby's, Wednesday, August 27. The server was absolutely marvelous - attentive, personable and had us a comp glass of champaign as soon as we were seated. We did the Foodie Menu. My wife's Trout was delightful. My Port Tenderloin was tasteless, bland and in two words - totally unacceptable - but I did not wish to complain on my anniversary so I let it go. I will not order that meal again, to be sure. All in all, Soby's is still one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findRosabellaDined on 8/25/2014My daughter & I were visiting Clemson and staying in Greenville before flying home. We wanted something nice for dinner and she found Soby's online and made a reservation. We were seated on the patio, which was nice but the inside seating looked great too. My daughter had the filet mignon and I had the cornmeal crusted trout, also excellent. Our server Rick was friendly and attentive. I'd love to go back if we're ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was boringFoodfestDined on 8/24/2014We were not pleased with the brunch. We loved it our first brunch, but this one was very boring. Hard salmon, pork sliders and pork roast on the carving board. Not enough variation. Pork and more pork. Won't be going backSpecial Features:
- Even better the second time.FurmanFamilyDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to Soby's and the food exceed our high expectations. The half shrimp & grits/ half crab cake entree was perfect. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Three couples went to Soby's. Food was average. Wine by the glass was reasonable in both price and selection. Wine by the bottle was outrageously high. They marked up wines 2.5 times the retail price. Dined outside which was enjoyable. Our waiter was inexperienced. Suggested only the most expensive food and wine on the list. When we asked if he tried what he recommended he said no. Would not go back to this place. There are many better restaurants in Greenville than this.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a wonderful meal with great service. Pork tenderloin was terrific as alwaysSpecial Features: