207 S. Main St.
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sobys.com/
- Phone: 8642327007
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Soby's offers full service off-site catering with custom tailored menus for events of any type or size, from developing themes and planning menus to securing rentals, set up and staffing.
- Private Party Facilities: With 6,100 square feet of space, Soby’s is the perfect place to host your event. Soby’s can seat parties up to 100 on the semi-private Mezzanine level with the option for limited menus or ala carte ordering. For completely private events, The Loft at Soby’s can accommodate groups from 20 – 100.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Tollison; Lauren Van De Water 8888415724
A word from Soby's
Soby’s New South Cuisine is an eclectic blend of Contemporary Continental cuisine infused with traditional Southern ingredients, transforming old favorite into something fresh and new. The restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Greenville, in a renovated cotton mill built in the 1800s. The atmosphere is warm and energetic and the staff is well-trained to provide a fantastic dining experience for all of our guests. In addition, the wine list offers more than 500 selections and is a Wine Spectator Magazine award-winner for the past eight years, a 'Best of Award of Excellence' the past two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Soby's - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Soby's reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)fit for foodies (155)great for outdoor dining (129)notable wine list (118)neighborhood gem (104)good for groups (95)romantic (94)great for brunch (68)hot spot (64)vibrant bar scene (46)scenic view (22)late-night find (22)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014nice outdoor dining; great "people watching" on adjacent sidewalk. food was outstanding, nicely presented, very professional, pleasant waiter; knew her menu! interesting "southern cuisine" adequate variety. Would be a definite place to take out of town guests!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningRslewisDined on 9/13/2014I've come here many times with my wife, everything I've tried so far has been great! I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who loves great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oh yum!LolliDined on 9/12/2014It's been a while since we've visited but we weren't disappointed! Our server was very attentive, the food came out in a timely manner and they even remembered we were celebrating a birthday! The food was wonderful - perfectly cooked (I had the salmon and my husband had the pork chop. It was just amazing!Special Features:
- Great Service, Greenville ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014I hosted a business dinner for several out of towners who were charmed by the great service and local fare offered by Soby's. It's setting is thriving and the food is beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BalrogjdkDined on 9/7/2014I had a really nice meal for my birthday with my girl friend. The fillet mignon was melt in your mouth good and the samples of duck my girlfriend shared were equally good. The bacon mac and cheese was a good start to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it..mjh9492Dined on 9/7/2014Service, was Outstanding, along with the food choices at the brunch. And to top it off they made our anniversary special. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little noisyrpbphotoDined on 9/6/2014Food was good. Temperature in the restaurant seemed to change constantly too hot and too cold. We were also very disappointed in the table we were given. If you have reservations you should not have to sit with your back to the hosting desk. :( A little privacy would be great.Special Features:
- The service and food was wonderfulChadDined on 9/5/2014The service was great. Brion went out of his way to provide great service and to make my wife's birthday extra special. The pork tenderloin was excellent and highly recommended. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerDCEatsDined on 9/5/2014Had an excellent meal with great service from waiter (Brion). Hanger steak was good. Pork tenderloin was outstanding. Will definitely go again to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014Outstanding.....don't miss out.....we have been there quite a few times since we moved from Texas in JanuarySpecial Features:
- For that special mealcornhuskerDined on 9/4/2014Food is good, drinks are fine. Wine list is extensive. Wait staff very knowledgeable. Go for a booth to lower the noise level. I had the duck breast, medium-rare as ordered. She had the trout, two pieces. Both were tops.Special Features:
- Service was a downerzajataDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I were in a section with a table of 6 and two tables of 2 (including ours). Two different waiters were introduced to us as our waiters for the evening. Throughout the meal, our table was ignored, to the point that we had to ask another employee (not one of our waiters) who was picking up our salad dishes for bread (never offered to our table) and water (never re-filled). Maybe it was an off night since it was a Monday, but there appeared to be plenty of employees for the amount of diners. As usual, the food was very good, so that was a plus...just a little disappointed in the service for a $75 meal.
- Brunch at Soby'sgreenladyDined on 8/31/2014Some of my family and I attended Sunday Brunch at Soby's. The atmosphere was very inviting. The food was scrumptious, and the staff was delightful! I have no personal complaints, but there is a loft for seating that would not have been user friendly for my grandmother. If my grandmother comes, would be sure to request seating on the floor, now that I know the layout of the dining area. The cost is a steal for the sophistication of the food. Go, taste, and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Delight!LindaFrankDined on 8/30/2014Our first visit to Greenville turned out to be a great one. The choices for restaurants just in the Downtown area alone was unbelievable. Our dinner at Soby's was a delight. Ask your waiter to tell you about their "Biscuit" story. They were so good along with the rest of the food we had. Oh, and a "must have" is the White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie!! Oh MySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing serviceFoodiesDined on 8/30/2014We were visiting Greenville during Labor day weekend and hubby and I decided to try Soby's on Sat. night. It was our first time dining here. Our server started off by telling us about the wines avail and he described an $80 bottle of wine and a $50 bottle. A little off-putting. Food was good but not the best we've ever had. Service was confusing. At one point, another server came and waited on us for a while and told us he was our original server's brother. The original server came back and never mentioned the other server coming to our table to wait on us. After dessert, the original server weaved into the conversation that his wife was expecting a baby in a few weeks. Guess he was looking for a big tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependably goodKattDined on 8/30/2014You can't go wrong at Soby's. It's a standby for us…but in the best way. The Foodie Fest selection was very good. Delicious good for a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always terrific!BillDined on 8/29/2014When I'm in Greenville I always make time for a meal here and they have never let me down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The food was absolutely divine! The service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the cheese biscuitsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Please dig out the old recipe for the once iconic cheese biscuits. Past many visits they are pastey and dull. All else food great and service nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Food was wonderful. Service was excellent. Great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy dinnerSuitUpDined on 8/28/2014A group of my friends and I dressed up and went downtown to Soby's for my birthday dinner. Had a great time and definitely would recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TableTablenotreadyDined on 8/28/2014Sobys did not have our table for six ready at the reserved time and the restaurant was only 50% full. That was a very poor start. The front table staff was not very functional or engaging.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceKkg003Dined on 8/27/2014The food choices offered great local style fare, and the service was exceptional. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great welcome to S. CarolinaAgbackerVIPDined on 8/27/2014We flew into S. Carolina for the Texas A&M football beatdown of the Gamecocks. Our trip started in Greenville and it was an awesome evening at Soby's. We stayed at the Westin right across the street so the location was convenient. Got the chef's table and was wowed from the start to finish. Also, ask for a tour of the wine cellar - it is amazing and they have some really fine wines you just can't find elsewhere. The fish was all cooked perfectly. Several Clemson fans stopped by to wish us luck.Special Features:
- 56th Wedding Anniversarybbur65Dined on 8/27/2014My bride of 56 years and I enjoyed a delightful celebration at Soby's, Wednesday, August 27. The server was absolutely marvelous - attentive, personable and had us a comp glass of champaign as soon as we were seated. We did the Foodie Menu. My wife's Trout was delightful. My Port Tenderloin was tasteless, bland and in two words - totally unacceptable - but I did not wish to complain on my anniversary so I let it go. I will not order that meal again, to be sure. All in all, Soby's is still one of our favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findRosabellaDined on 8/25/2014My daughter & I were visiting Clemson and staying in Greenville before flying home. We wanted something nice for dinner and she found Soby's online and made a reservation. We were seated on the patio, which was nice but the inside seating looked great too. My daughter had the filet mignon and I had the cornmeal crusted trout, also excellent. Our server Rick was friendly and attentive. I'd love to go back if we're ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was boringFoodfestDined on 8/24/2014We were not pleased with the brunch. We loved it our first brunch, but this one was very boring. Hard salmon, pork sliders and pork roast on the carving board. Not enough variation. Pork and more pork. Won't be going backSpecial Features:
- Even better the second time.FurmanFamilyDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit to Soby's and the food exceed our high expectations. The half shrimp & grits/ half crab cake entree was perfect. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Three couples went to Soby's. Food was average. Wine by the glass was reasonable in both price and selection. Wine by the bottle was outrageously high. They marked up wines 2.5 times the retail price. Dined outside which was enjoyable. Our waiter was inexperienced. Suggested only the most expensive food and wine on the list. When we asked if he tried what he recommended he said no. Would not go back to this place. There are many better restaurants in Greenville than this.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a wonderful meal with great service. Pork tenderloin was terrific as alwaysSpecial Features:
- OK experience, too pricey for "OK"DiningDudeDined on 8/22/2014My Grouper dish was very tasty, but the fish was overcooked and rubbery. My friends filet mignon lacked the texture and taste of other restaurants that serve the same at a lower price. Had not been there in several years. Not as good as we remembered from the past. For the price we will probably go elsewhere next time.
- Foodie Fest Fave!JlynnDined on 8/22/2014Great evening for Foodie Fest - should have brought a third friend so we could have tried ALL of the entrees!Special Features:
- Superb, as alwaysQueenDined on 8/22/2014Never a bad meal at Soby's. Highly recommend for food, wine, and especially dessert! The white chocolate banana cream pie is our favorite.Special Features:
- Soby's So Very GoodPDSCDined on 8/21/2014We dined here to celebrate a birthday and are glad we did. The Food and service were very good. We had the She Crab soup and the Mussels as starters, both were outstanding, possibly the best we ever had. For entrees we had the Grouper and the Hanger Steak, they too were very good. The host made us feel very welcome and our server Lynette was very personable, she helped in making our evening very enjoyable. Would certainly plan on dining here again.Special Features:
- Excellent Service, Food, AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I took clients to Soby's for dinner and had an incredible experience. The ambiance was the perfect blend of activity without being too loud to have a conversation ... Our server ,Soup, was outstanding - personable, accommodating, excellent with suggestions and pairings - a true gem ! The menu was well developed and we truly enjoyed ourselves. We will use Soby's and Table 301 for our upcoming events and look forward to many more visits when in Greenville !Special Features:
- Out of town visitors loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Family visitors came down from New York cit and this was my first choice of where to take them for dinner. They are well traveled (domestic and internationally) and are sure to indulge in great food wherever they go. They loved everything that was ordered starting with the Fried Green Tomatoes and the She Crab Soup to the entrees and the wine. It was a short trip, but Soby's being a must see along with Falls Park, I was able to treat my family to some of the best that Greenville has to offer. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riding on the nameIdmaIjanDined on 8/17/2014I haven't been to Soby's in quite some time for a reason. I could spend less and make better at home. On a lark, decided to try brunch last Sunday. It was OK. Poor service, food was mediocre. Going through the brunch line, there were no plates. Had to wait about 5 minutes for a plate. Nothing was outstanding or anything I wanted to try again. The omelet station. I felt sorry for the guy making the omelets. He was the only one that seemed to be working hard. I hoped they tipped him out well. In my opinion he should have received all the tips. There was also a beef carving station with the omelets. The beef was tough. No one consistently manned the carving station, so at times it was left up to the omelet maker. Terrible. I'll not go back.
- Nice Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Quite a wide spread of food for brunch. Impressed with the easy flow even though it can get very crowded. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Awesome food and atmosphere!!!Foodieatheart1Dined on 8/16/2014My friends and I enjoyed our experience! The food was great and we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealSimpsonvilleGalDined on 8/16/2014Once again Soby's did not disappoint. We took out of town guests to Soby's. They had an evening special of Halibut from Alaska. My friend said it was one of the best meals she's ever had. Their menu changes seasonally and most of their vegetables are from local farms. Joe provided us with great service. He's very knowledgeable about the menu. I highly recommend Soby's but be sure to make a reservation.Special Features: