207 S. Main St.
Greenville, SC 29601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sobys.com/
- Phone: 8642327007
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shaun Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Soby's offers full service off-site catering with custom tailored menus for events of any type or size, from developing themes and planning menus to securing rentals, set up and staffing.
- Private Party Facilities: With 6,100 square feet of space, Soby’s is the perfect place to host your event. Soby’s can seat parties up to 100 on the semi-private Mezzanine level with the option for limited menus or ala carte ordering. For completely private events, The Loft at Soby’s can accommodate groups from 20 – 100.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Tollison; Lauren Van De Water 8888415724
A word from Soby's
Soby’s New South Cuisine is an eclectic blend of Contemporary Continental cuisine infused with traditional Southern ingredients, transforming old favorite into something fresh and new. The restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Greenville, in a renovated cotton mill built in the 1800s. The atmosphere is warm and energetic and the staff is well-trained to provide a fantastic dining experience for all of our guests. In addition, the wine list offers more than 500 selections and is a Wine Spectator Magazine award-winner for the past eight years, a 'Best of Award of Excellence' the past two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Soby's - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Soby's reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (169)special occasion (161)great for outdoor dining (125)notable wine list (120)neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (104)romantic (87)hot spot (75)great for brunch (63)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (24)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (18)great for lunch (15)Show More
- Squirrel IssueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014In the middle of our meal on Friday evening, the power went out. We had already been served our food, so we were able to continue to enjoy the experience. We were upstairs, so it did get a little stuffy before we left. However, I was impressed with how well everything was handled during the outage. I later found out that Main street all the way to the West End was down - why? A squirrel had had his final life experience on this planet with a transformer at a substation. A notable exit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sobys for BirthdayWestDined on 10/15/2014This was a great restaurant choice for our evening. Our waiter treated us as if we were the only ones in the restaurant. My fiance had a birthday and they brought her a complimentary dessert. The full was excellent. I would suggest this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Absolutely awesome.MattDined on 10/14/2014First timers, very impressed. Our new goto for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for ScottAirbn5Dined on 10/10/2014Amazing service, wines, food. Have lived in Greenville for years and never dined at Soby's until now. By far one of the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2014The she crab soup was watery with just a little crab in it. The crab cake consisted of shredded crab meat. The meat could have been frozen. It did not taste fresh. Greenville has a plethora of restaurants and I will try others before returning to Soby's.
- playtex15Dined on 10/9/2014great meal a little pricey.great service and nice for special occations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soby'sTennesseeDined on 10/9/2014Some restaurants have the best steak, some the best seafood. There are those that specialize in Italian, Mexican, Greek or Asian. Soby's gives you a great meal no matter what you are hungry for. It's a one-stop restaurant! I have never been to Soby's and had a meal I didn't enjoy. It sometimes take a bit to be seated, even with a reservation, but the service is excellent. The drinks are not diluted and made very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, some issuesHappyfoodieDined on 10/8/2014Fun neighborhood spot, nice outdoor ambience. Good food. There was a service issue...took awhile for wait staff to acknowledge our presence, and then it was to pour water. The "pourer" said she would send a waiter over, and did we want to order an appetizer. I said we preferred to order drinks first. She acted like this was strange request. Finally a waiter did appear, and things went more smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAK1Dined on 10/7/2014I have always enjoyed the dining experience as the consistency is a key element to their success. Food offerings are always fresh and prepared to order. Excellent value coupled with great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014Dined here for a work-related dinner and it was fantastic. The service was superb, the food was delicious, the facility is beautiful, and the overall experience was A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still popular but food is mediocregreenslimDined on 10/7/2014We have not been to Soby's for a while since the food quality had been slipping and other better restaurants have opened in Greenville. Nonetheless we had a visitor from out of town and decided to try Soby's again. Unfortunately we were disappointed . The appetizer menu is disappointing and unimaginative - the usual fried assortment calamari, tomatoes etc. We tried bacon mac and cheese- far too heavy for an appetizer. Our entrée choices were hanger steak, grouper, and rabbit. They were OK but not special. The sauce for the rabbit was disappointing, the grouper a bit dry, and the steak a little tough. Not bad enough to return but not up to standard. The deserts were OK but not distinguished. Overall a disappointment again.
- Wonderful dinner experiencefussyeaterVIPDined on 10/5/2014Soby's is always a winner. Our service was outstanding. We ordered the dinner specials and they were both delicious. Soby's wine list is the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014A great meal in such a cute and vibrant restaurant. The service was inconsistent. The folks that fill your water and clear your dishes seemed to be on top of us all night clearing dishes before we were ready. Our server was not as attentive. But, the food was delicious. We definitely recommend Soby's . If you haven't been yet, you need to go!Special Features:
- Not impressednotimpressedDined on 10/3/2014The atmosphere is great in Soby's. The food leaves a lot to be desired. My husband had the pork tenderloin. It was dry and lacked flavor. I had the potato encrusted grouper. It was completely flavorless.Special Features:
- Great dinnerAwesomeDined on 10/3/2014Enjoyed our meal and wait staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceRonaldDined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed the service from our waiter, Joe. He knew the menu very well and had great recommendations.Special Features:
- ExcellentRdtttttDined on 10/2/2014Food and service both outstanding. Eat here often when we go yo Theater. Valet parking makes this a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentcrockerbwDined on 9/30/2014The downtown experience was great. The food and staff were great. Everything was setup and no problems occurred at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!kristic333Dined on 9/28/2014We dined here the day after our wedding with family and friends from out of town. Our server, Eva, was super polished and professional and handled my sister's extremely difficult dietary needs like a pro. Our food was delicious. All 8 of us loved what we ordered. My husband said it was the best steak he had ever eaten. The food was a good value for the quality and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Happiest 12th birthday brunchEmily12BDDined on 9/28/2014Our waiter made my daunghter's 12th birthday so special. She felt so special to spend her birthday at soby's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsEmmeDined on 9/28/2014Always a great experience, from the wide selection of delectable dishes on the brunch buffet to the delightfully creative build your own mimosa menu, with some stellar service thrown in to round it out, you can't help but enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!foodiemammaDined on 9/28/2014What a perfect spot to sit outdoors and enjoy a beautiful fall Sunday morning in Greenville! Initially I was disappointed when I heard that brunch was a buffet however I soon got over it when I sampled their delicious brunch! In particular, the salads were spectacular- the kale/squash and arugula/beet/goat cheese are hidden gems! We definitely will return to Soby's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food and drinks were good. The service was not. Got the order wrong not once but twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gone to SassafrasJaymeVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our second visit to Soby's and unfortunately was a disappointment. We also had reservations at Sassafras and had to decide between the two. I think we chose poorly. I have to say, though, that my first visit a couple years ago was excellent, and that's why we wanted to come back. For my pre-dinner cocktail I ordered one of the house specialities and really hated it. Tasted like Kool Aid. For dinner my husband got one of the specials which was pork T-bone for $34. He liked it a lot, but didn't like the veggies and hardly had any mashed potatoes. I ordered grouper, which was good ($27), but it only came with a spoonful of rice and a thin layer of gumbo devoid of the promised crawfish. Not a good value. Good service, though.
- Enchanting EveningEnchanted009Dined on 9/27/2014what an enchanting way to celebrate my birthday. I had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!HarriettDined on 9/25/2014Soby's is one of my favorites. We both had the specials offered that night. A barbecued short ribs special and halibut. Delicious! Our server was very helpful and got us out of there in time for the Peace Center performance that night. Loved it!Special Features:
- Outstanding as AlwaysRuthDined on 9/25/2014Another perfect evening with excellent food and outstanding food. Soby's simply can't be beat.Special Features:
- Good southern food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Good option in donwntown Greenville, SC. Good southern food, with a excellent note for the duck breast. Nice dinner room inside an old factory building, but the noise level was a little higher than the desired for a minimum comfort. It didn´t make the dinner worse, due to the good service. I would also recommend the Larkins and the High Cotton a couple of blocks down the same Main Street.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceJbn206Dined on 9/23/2014We went to Soby's for dinner before a show at the Peace Center. Our waitress, Lisa, was very friendly, energetic and provided excellent service. Understanding that we were on a time schedule, our order was taken and food was brought to the table in a very timely manner. The Salmon and Crab Cakes were excellent. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great take on Southern Comfort foodlegalgeekDined on 9/20/2014What a local gem. We were in town for a conference and Soby's was recommended. We are from the Midwest so we like to eat outside when possible. Service was great and the food was terrific: the mac & cheese was a great take on a classic and the crab cashless with their spices were outstanding. And let's not forget the wonderful bleau cheese dressing! We sat right of main street and it was during Euphoria so we had front row seats to all of the traffic. Look forward to eating here again when our travel brings us back to Greenville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small-town find!FamilydinersVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our first visit to Greenville for medical conference and so pleased. Perfect downtown mainstreet location. Various seating areas to choose from and nice bar. Staff so attentive and genuinely friendly, helpful with menu suggestions. Menu and specials are more than enough, food is so fresh and most locally purchased! Soux chef Rob has mastered both complexity of flavors and presentation alike. He demonstrates an obvious love and respect of his culinary art. The fried green tomatoes are best ever! If ever returning would absolutely revisit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommendthese2willreturnDined on 9/19/2014nice outdoor dining; great "people watching" on adjacent sidewalk. food was outstanding, nicely presented, very professional, pleasant waiter; knew her menu! interesting "southern cuisine" adequate variety. Would be a definite place to take out of town guests!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningRslewisDined on 9/13/2014I've come here many times with my wife, everything I've tried so far has been great! I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who loves great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oh yum!LolliDined on 9/12/2014It's been a while since we've visited but we weren't disappointed! Our server was very attentive, the food came out in a timely manner and they even remembered we were celebrating a birthday! The food was wonderful - perfectly cooked (I had the salmon and my husband had the pork chop. It was just amazing!Special Features:
- Great Service, Greenville ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014I hosted a business dinner for several out of towners who were charmed by the great service and local fare offered by Soby's. It's setting is thriving and the food is beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BalrogjdkDined on 9/7/2014I had a really nice meal for my birthday with my girl friend. The fillet mignon was melt in your mouth good and the samples of duck my girlfriend shared were equally good. The bacon mac and cheese was a good start to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it..mjh9492Dined on 9/7/2014Service, was Outstanding, along with the food choices at the brunch. And to top it off they made our anniversary special. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little noisyrpbphotoDined on 9/6/2014Food was good. Temperature in the restaurant seemed to change constantly too hot and too cold. We were also very disappointed in the table we were given. If you have reservations you should not have to sit with your back to the hosting desk. :( A little privacy would be great.Special Features:
- The service and food was wonderfulChadDined on 9/5/2014The service was great. Brion went out of his way to provide great service and to make my wife's birthday extra special. The pork tenderloin was excellent and highly recommended. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerDCEatsDined on 9/5/2014Had an excellent meal with great service from waiter (Brion). Hanger steak was good. Pork tenderloin was outstanding. Will definitely go again to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.