1506 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.socrepe.com/
- Phone: 2677619310
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from So Crepe
The idea behind So Crêpe is simple: demonstrate that affordable food served fast doesn’t have to be a "fast-food" experience, even with the French touch! Our goal is to use simple yet high-quality raw ingredients, classic cooking methods, a distinctive interior design and have friendly people to take care of customers—features that are more frequently found in the world of fine dining. Quality ingredients are the key words for a true eating experience. Lyon, our home town is the world capital of gastronomy. We’ve been raised at a time (no, we’re not old!) where we take the time to eat and cook basic, natural, healthy ingredients. Therefore, we truly believe that good food starts with higher quality basic raw ingredients. Our cooking techniques along with traditional recipes can transform the most basic ingredients (eggs, flour, milk …) into a real new eating experience accessible at reasonable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
So Crepe - Best Restaurants in Rittenhouse Square ›
So Crepe reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (16)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Liked-But Parking HorrendousSnoopyDined on 10/12/2014Service great--unique crapes...but Crepes little too well done for me-though filling was goodSpecial Features:
- Great, with unusual noise levelPG13VIPDined on 10/11/2014Usually the So Crepe noise level is lower, but we were there during Bloktoberfest on South St. There was no way the restaurant could block out the noise from the hundreds in the street! Otherwise, the food was up so their usual very high standard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodgrumpydumplingDined on 9/7/2014It is a nice place for brunch or lunch. The service was very good, friendly staff. Food is something different and light. Overall a good place.Special Features:
- Good crepes but service lackingDiner69VIPDined on 8/31/2014The crepes are good, but the service was subpar. Our waitress did not once come over to check on us and also forgot our orange juice.Special Features:
- Good spot for crêpesPhiladelphiaStudent1111Dined on 8/24/2014As the title says...this is a great spot to get your favorite French snack food. A friend and I went here for brunch and ordered one savory crêpe each plus a sweet one to split. I ordered the So Coquette, which was chicken in cream sauce with dijon mustard; it was absolutely delicious and had a satisfying but not overwhelming portion size. She ordered the So Smoked, which was salmon, avocado, and sour cream; and while I'm personally not wild about that combination, she loved it. And of course the dessert crêpe was delicious (it was Key Lime, how can you go wrong?) and surprisingly light as well.Special Features:
- Very creative crepe!bagginsDined on 8/10/2014Both the savory and sweet crepes are of excellent quality and very representative of crêpe I've enjoyed in vieux Lyon! The chef is creative with the menu and open to any and all modifications. The food is So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationSweetToothDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had a long night ahead and didn't want to eat something that would leave us feeling bloated and too full to move. We ended up taking a chance on this place based on its rating by prior diners, and based on my desire to reconnect with a childhood memory related to lemon crepes. We sat outside in front, had excellent food, and enjoyed the service and conversation with the team working this evening. We enjoyed each having a crepe for dinner and followed it up with 3 crepes for dessert. There isn't a bad note at all, it was perfect. To top it all off, its a BYOB! We will definitely be back, its always a great pleasure to eat somewhere that just exceeds your expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous CrepesAFanVIPDined on 7/13/2014I have had crepes in France, Canada and many places throughout the states and this ranks up there with the best. The menu is somewhat limiting so I would suggest checking on line first to make sure that there is something you like if you have limited food tastes or diet restrictions. We all ordered different crepes (party of 5) some savory and some sweet and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Quick and courteous service - looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the So Crepe reviews archive.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014I went for my birthday with a rather large group. People who never had crêpes before easily found things on the menu that they were satisfied with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchDinerdazedDined on 6/1/2014Tasty crepes at reasonable prices. Some of my fellow diners did not like that the crepes were made from buckwheat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodAnnaDined on 5/17/2014So crepe is good food that is well priced and infinitely better that the lther crepe restaurants in the area. So happy with this findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food / Rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/27/2014We went for Sunday brunch. It was spacious and great if you have strollers. We were a party of 4 adults, 2 toddlers and a baby. The waitress could not be more rude. It was clear to us that she had no tolerance for children. It definitely took away from our overall experience. The cook was wonderful and stopped by to see how our food was. Overall, we all enjoyed our food (including the kids). We will likely be back simply because the food was good. I hope that we do not have that waitress again though!Special Features:
- So Crepe deliverssouthieVIPDined on 4/16/2014So Crepe has a very limited menu and delivers on it. They do crepes! The savory and sweet crepes were excellent. There were several varieties to choose from. The lay out of the restaurant allows full view of the cooking, which is quite fun and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchLunchdateDined on 4/16/2014Had a very nice lunch date with spouse. Menu was extensive enough. Wondered if we should have had more than one crepe because it was inexpensive, but we were pleasantly surprised by the amount of food for the cost. Would recommend to anyone. Did not have room for dessert crepe. Will visit again. Made a special trip from Clarksboro, NJ just because of the ratings and Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The savory Crepes we orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/12/2014The savory Crepes we ordered were delicious, as were the dessert Crepes. But for us at least, the meal (this was dinner) would have been enhanced by some other flavor, a counterpoint, perhaps, to the rich cream in the savory crepe (this was mushroom and ham in a bechamel). A small green salad, for example.
- Nice Little Spotmswunion1976Dined on 4/12/2014The crepes are delicious and the service is very good. BYOB. It is an all crepes menu and they do it well. inexpensive and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulBruceDined on 4/9/2014We decided to try So Crepe before an early evening theater performance. The two savory crepes (a special mushroom one and the smoked salmon one on the menu) and the dessert crepe (carmelized apples, caramel and a scoop of French vanilla ice cream) all were excellent. The owner/chef was very friendly (and polite in correcting my French pronunciation!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Crepes!DannyInChapelHillDined on 4/2/2014Very inventive menu, as well as the "old standbys". Staff was incredibly friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great CrepesJennDined on 3/23/2014You can not go wrong. I wish I could have ordered more. We all shared and they were all wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to goSuperDined on 3/19/2014Friendly staff, great food, it's a good place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, inventive and delightfulHotAirVIPDined on 3/19/2014Consistently fabulous crepes with inventive specials to round out the classics. Very reasonable high end authentic French experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, unique, crepe restaurantwilsonDined on 3/16/2014We went for brunch. The atmosphere is very nice. It's quaint, warm, charming and clean. I like a restaurant with a view of the pristine kitchen. I wish there were more "brunch" oriented crepes on the menu. Really only one egg crepe. I would have liked more choices. My husband has several diet restrictions, and was really limited. He had to get a hot dog crepe which was nothing special. It might be nice to have some side dishes, or something extra on the plates - fruit, salad, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute and simpleJooliDined on 3/10/2014Elegant and simple in decor. Priced very reasonably (I was surprised this place is on OpenTable, it's a cute casual place that I'd drop into for a snack or small meal), and the crepes were delicious and filling. Our waitress was somewhat aloof and unfriendly, but she made sure we always had water and that our food got to us promptly. Probably not a great spot for dinner, the portion sizes aren't all that big. Both of my friends got the So Cocotte and were very pleased and full, and I ordered a So Chocolate with strawberries, which was beautifully presented and featured a dollop of freshly whipped Chantilly. Not too much sugar in the dessert crepe, which was really nice, and I'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Such a great find! Many delicious crepes to choose from, I had a hard time picking just one. Staff was attentive and food was served quickly. I had the brie, arugula, and sun-dried tomato crepe. Much less expensive than Beau Monde and much more delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and authenticYobacorDined on 2/21/2014Being French, I can find the authentic Galettes and crepes I could eat in France. Good, decent prices, nice service.Special Features:
- Nice place in the neighborhoodlovegreekcuisine10Dined on 2/16/2014Food is wonderful. Owners are really friendly. Prices are affordable especially considering the excellent quality. Staff needs to be a little more engaged as it feels like they are unprepared to take care of large parties. Hope to see this place develop.Special Features:
- Went for brunch after ValentinesBrookesKDined on 2/15/2014The crepes were great, menu was simple and very reasonably priced, staff was friendly and the layout was pretty cool. You can see the chefs working on dishes from any table in the restaurant which I thought was pretty cool. Also it's a BYOB, wish I had known that before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for dinner - yes to brunchmbf6288VIPDined on 2/10/2014went here for dinner the other night. since they took reservations we figured the menu would be more styled for a dinner and not brunch / breakfast / lunch. We enjoyed what we ate but were starved when we left. Went next door to a bar / restaurant for dinner. we just didn't order an appetizer at the second place. The room is nice, the service good and the crepes tasty, just not a place for dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French crepesSilverQueenVIPDined on 2/8/2014I love these crepes! I had a So Simple - a thin crepe with butter, sugar, and touch of lemon juice. It reminded me of crepes I had in Paris which I have never found here in the U.S. I will definitely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for BYO brunch!pezz77VIPDined on 2/8/2014I read the reviews and had high expectations for this place. What a gem! The crepes were fab (though I admit I have never been to France, a good meal is a good meal, right?). In any case, we brought some bubbly and had mimosas with our crepes to celebrate a friend's birthday. We each had one or two crepes and the bill was more than a good deal. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Best Crepes outside of FranceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2014I Dhy away from crepe places outside of France because it's just not the same. Well, this place is run by two Frenchmen from Lyon and they make incredible crepes! Both their savory and sweet crepes are delightful. It is also quite a bargain for the level of food you get their. I also love the fact that it is a byob!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Acquaintences Not ForgottenLaurenDined on 1/25/2014Myself and six of my high school friends all came to this restaurant after a long day in the city, and there was a large table waiting for us in the back, where we had it to ourselves mostly. The staff was very accommodating in the fact most of our party did not arrive on time for the reservation. The food was perfect, and classier than your average restaurant, but without the hoity-toity atmosphere. It was very relaxed and easy atmosphere and, even though the menu was limited, we all had a tough time choosing just one! Sweet crepes and savory crepes, you get the whole spectrum of So Crepe cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, fresh and delicious!HotAirVIPDined on 1/17/2014We've been to So Crepe many times, and often get the special crepes. The mushroom versions are scrumptious. The leek and bacon was fabulous. The mango and the caramel are also spectacular.Special Features:
- So Crepe - So WonderfulculturemavenDined on 1/15/2014This charming restaurant located on the 1500 block of South Street serves true to form French crepes, all based on the season. I have been to the restaurant in the summer and winter - both times the food was outstanding. And the dessert crepes are phenomenal. Try it once - and you will be thinking of your next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CrepesSharonVIPDined on 1/11/2014The food and the services was excellet. Just like France! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013Great crepes. If I lived in the neighborhood I'd eat here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crepe on a rainy nightDavidVIPDined on 12/14/2013Had savory and sweet crepes and were enjoyed all. Portion size was good, flavor and variety were good. Would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a gem!TheaterGoerDined on 12/13/2013Just loved it! The menu is simple - some savory and some sweet crepes. Authentic. Flavorful. Very friendly staff. BYOB and no corking fees. Just a wonderful little place for a quick bite before the theater. Would also be great for dessert after the theater ;-) Very inexpensive. What a gem!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/16/2013We dined on a Saturday at noon. We were not greeted for 10 mins. First water was brought, then the waitress left. We asked her to order coffee. Some time later, coffee was brought. No milk, no sugar. We asked, more time passed. When our order was finally taken, it took about an hour to come. The food was pretty good, but we wanted to order dessert crepes. Since our waitress was no where to be found & we knew it would take a long time, we ordered from the man who brought our food. He repeated our order back to us. About a half hour later, our waitress came over & asked if we wanted the check. We responded that we ordered dessert. The food runner came back over & said, did you order dessert? We just asked to leave. It was a 2 hour brunch.
- Birthday BrunchMomDDined on 10/27/2013I was looking for a place to celebrate a friends birthday that was moderately prices, yummy and healthy. So Crepe was my answer. Though they were quite busy, they maintained delivering quality food with a smile. Our waitress was a bot overwhelmed, but they were very busy. I plan to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.