398 North Congress Avenue
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://snappers.com/
- Phone: 5613758600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Paul DeCant
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private party room at Snappers Seafood can accommodate up to 70 guests. The Wine Room has private facilities and private entrance. We can arrange a moderately priced lunch or a 4 course wine dinner. Snappers Seafood - voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" Sun Sentinel 2011.
- Private Party Contact: John or Sally 5613758600
- Special Events: We recently added a Vegan section to our menu. The Vegan menu is overseen by Mrs. Snapper, a Vegan, who pays close attention to all details. No corkage fees on Monday night. Bring your special bottle and enjoy!
A word from Snappers Seafood
October 2011 Snappers Seafood was voted the "Best Seafood Restaurant in Boynton Beach", Sun Sentinel Forum. We're centrally located in Palm Beach County near the Boynton Beach Mall ~ just minutes from West Palm Beach & Boca Raton. Snappers has been serving the Palm Beaches since 1994. Sample the exceptional value of gourmet quality that put Snappers Seafood on the map and kept us thriving for 18 years! Our house specialties include Boathouse Salmon, Cedar Planked Halibut, Danish Lobster Tails & Golden Shrimp & Scallops. In 2011 Snappers garnered the "Restaurants for Wine Lovers" award by the Wine Spectator Magazine. The list is the product of John & Jamin Stilley, Father-Daughter team of sommeliers. Check-out our Fabulous wine list and Free corkage on Monday nights. We recently re-decorated with dark woods and shades of blues and greens. We added cushy new bar stools and comfortable leather chairs in the dining room. Lots of round tables for parties of 6 to 12 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Snappers Seafood - Best Restaurants in Boynton Beach ›
Snappers Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- always enjoy eating thereDollyVIPDined on 10/21/2014Food, service great our server was very capable, pleasant and informative as to preparation of food and whjat the entrees containedSpecial Features:
- An old favoriteShawnEatsDined on 10/20/2014Literally an old favorite. My wife and I were the youngest people in the restaurant by 40 years. The food was meh. Kind of bland. Perhaps tailored towards their clientele. I had Salmon Wellington. The hollandaise served with it is an instant mix. My garden salad was on par with something you would eat at a wedding or banquet. We wanted to like it, but Snappers just didn't do it for us. Maybe when we're 80.
- Great foodDenverfootdocDined on 10/17/2014Great food and service. Large selection including vegan. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGuyFoodieGuyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We first went here almost 20 years ago and used to be regulars here for many years until we moved quite a distance away. We still come back for special occasions or when we crave their food! We came to celebrate our Anniversary. Love their fish and seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's 85th w/familyforthehalibutDined on 10/10/2014Waitress was lovely. Food delicious. Halibut on plank was out of this world. My dad, who thinks he doesn't like fish remarked for days how delicious the grilled mahi mahi was. I hope he'll eat more fish now! I'd go back in a heartbeat! ... One thing... Snappers should give the dessert away gratis. The older folks especially comment on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014Food was excellent waiter service left a lot to be desired.Sunset Menu Value ExcellentSpecial Features:
- OKDNDined on 10/8/2014Not my first visit. Great food! Large variety of menu choices!
- Good againLRGPalmBeachDined on 10/7/2014Snappers does a consistent job of providing good food, good selection and good service. Don't change. However, I still don't seem to get points for using Open Table. Am I doing something wrong?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/2/2014AS always, the best seafood around. Will keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant is consistent, always good. We've frequented the place for many many years. We like the fact that they will take a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good restaurant to frequentgernsrDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Snappers several times. Noisy, but the selection is good and tasty. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a menu for everyonevariety4uDined on 9/14/2014the menu offers a wide variety of choices including many vegetarian dishes. the food is great and the service is very responsive to personal requests.A great place to have a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 9/6/2014Food was so good enjoyed it very much. Have been there before and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcooked fishMartyo123Dined on 9/6/2014Four people dined. two meals decent two overcooked. One was sent back and replaced with an equally overcooked dish. We called the manager over but she refused to take the overcooked dish off our bill, stating she already replaced it. So one person went home hungry. we were offered free deserts but we declined.
- always very goodluv2dineVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is always very good. Food, service and all very consistentSpecial Features:
- ValenciaDined on 9/5/2014Honored special dietary requirement (no salt) Waiter was efficient, very personable, and eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingErasmoVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have dined at Snappers many times and am very disappointed that its excellent quality has suffered a decline. Their wonderful specialty, cedar-planked salmon, is no longer available and the other items on the new menu are definitely run-of-the-mill. Our party had a shrimp dish which was okay - nothing special - and "Chilean" sea bass which was unfortunately paired with onions that were so pungent that they overpowered the taste of the fish; clearly, someone in the kitchen was asleep at the wheel. Snappers is a large restaurant and the staff is friendly and efficient. However, if you're looking for a good seafood meal in the Boynton beach area, you can do better.Special Features:
- Just okJessicaDined on 8/27/2014Been here multiple times. Used to be fantastic and now it's just ok. Service by Lauren was great.
- gf's bday dinnerSFladlandDined on 8/22/2014I made reservations for my girlfriend and I to have dinner here and had requested a private table if there were any available. We arrived a half hour early and we were seated right away at a secluded table and our waitress popped right up. The food came out very fast, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The food was FANTASTIC. One of the best seafood spots that I have been to in Palm Beach Co. I will be back for sure!Special Features:
- mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Two of our five in the party ordered the halibut special, with asparagus and fresh crabmeat. The meal came with baby shrimp instead, and when we requested the crabmeat, as advertised, it came ice cold....to be put on warm fish. Very disappointing. The waitress was not even aware of the day's special, and we had to go read the board before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealpalmbeachgirlDined on 8/17/2014Have been here multiple times. Never disappointed. The food is always fresh and delicious. Very often recommend to friends, who are also very happy here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAMsamrVIPDined on 8/13/2014BEST FISH REST AROUND ALWAYS FRESH AND COOKED RIGHTSpecial Features:
- Good, As UsualDelrayDollVIPDined on 8/9/2014Hubby liked his martini -- I'll get the Pomegrante one next time which looks good. Asked for, and received, the dressing on the side of the caesar salad -- always willing to accommodate. Instead of my usual planked halibut, I had the mushrooms stuffed with spinach/goat cheese and scallops. Yummy. Hope they keep this on the menu! Hubby had his usual Danish lobster tails. Have never been disappointed in our meal.Special Features:
- Always great food and service.slingyDined on 8/2/2014Thanks to open table, we can reserve a table and don't have to wait for one. The food is always delicious and the service is great. Great selection although we love the Danish lobster tails and almost always come here for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!Che4Dined on 7/31/2014I always look forward to my trips to Florida because dinner at Snappers is such a treat. The fish is incredibly fresh with an ever changing selection of fishes many which are not offered in the northeast. On this last visit Cobia over roasted vegetables was the special and it was prepared perfectly. Consistency in the preparation of the dishes is a guarantee so any item off the standard menu will not disappoint. The service is always friendly and solicitous without being overbearing. Drew was our server this visit and he was courteous, professional and engaging. I highly recommend a visit to Snappers.Special Features:
- Cedar plank Halibut-wow!VeryTallGuyDined on 7/28/2014Baja Fish Tacos to start was outstanding, shared it and it was plenty, then a garden salad. I had Scallops atop mushroom caps with spinach and feta cheese which was superb. My guest had the Cedar Plank Halibut with sweet potato mash, they stated it was the best they ever had. Overall great experience. My only gripe would be the slow service, granted it was a Monday night and the place was not busy at all. Our server Ashley was courteous and knew the menu very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service71bamagirlDined on 7/19/2014I was in Boynton Beach for a conference, and I ate at Snapper's for dinner one night. The food was great, and I had great service. The menu had lots of options. The garlic rolls were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try. Nice neighborhood gem.FoodiesDined on 7/12/2014We were 6 people .The girls love the Danish lobster tails. They were tasty, but so small. It was half the size of a small shrimp. They are usually bigger in size and you get less tails. This time we got more tails, but tiny, tiny. Halibut on the plank was good. All other dishes were good. Salad was fresh and a nice size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitBobbyDined on 6/28/2014We have only been to Snappers three times and each time the food was great. We have recommended it to others and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 688 reviews are from the Snappers Seafood reviews archive.
- smittyDined on 6/21/2014food was ok,but not great. been there before and quality was better.
- superb seafoodFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Fresh food served with pride. Always a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish Reasonable PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went there for lunch on father's day. The northern cod served on cedar plank was outstanding. I enjoyed the salad with the dijon dressing. The cole slaw was very tasty and fresh. I will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day lunchScrappinginthesunDined on 6/15/2014Food was pretty good - fish was good but roasted veggies abit oily.
- DisappointingopentableaddictVIPDined on 6/13/2014The waiter did not tell us the specials or inform us of the choice of sides. The bread came after three requests. the table next to us with a different server got the specials speech and bread etc. furthermore the food was mediocre. The salmon was cut thin like a flounder. Never saw salmon that way and the pecan crusted was greasy as if it were fried in too much oil. It was not clear that this was a fried dish. Another at the table ordered cedar plank cod but the server strongly encouraged us to go for the halibut and we ended up with a dry overlooked piece of fish. I doubt we will go back. There is a lot of choice in the area.
- OvereaterUnanimousDined on 6/12/2014Very good seafood at reasonable prices. Large portions, good service. Minimal ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snappers seafoodpokerboyDined on 6/9/2014This was our second visit to Snappers. The first time was on a Friday night and the place was packed. The food was quite good, above average, and the prices were on the high side. The service was excellent. The second time was for lunch and I think we were the only ones in the place. The service was very good. The lunch specials did leave something to be desired. I had fish tacos, and couldn't recognize what the fish was since it was drowning in thick mayo sauce. My son-in-law had some kind of an asian tempura dish that was just odd. We did think the tempura dish would have some fish, but it didn't. The calamari was ok, just a bit rubbery. The chocolate cake was a hit.Special Features:
- MehRonBVIPDined on 6/8/2014Average food and service in an atmosphere that's slightly below average - large dining room with no ambiance.
- DisappointedfishloverDined on 6/7/2014Started with two appetizers: shrimp cocktail and clams rockefeller - We returned the shrimp cocktail - soggy and not cold and the waiter mistakenly served oyster rockefeller and not clams - we returned both - he brought the clams which were good and also brought us a crab cake 'on the house" which was excellent. The fish we ordered for our main dinner was fine but "nothing to write home about"
- Great mealWorthyDined on 6/7/2014The food was really good, the service was great and an enjoyable meal was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geriDined on 5/30/2014it is a good neighborhood place for dinner. They do have some large tables and can accomodate parties of 12 at round tables. Our wait was very pleasant and the food was good.Special Features: