398 North Congress Avenue
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://snappers.com/
- Phone: 5613758600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Paul DeCant
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private party room at Snappers Seafood can accommodate up to 70 guests. The Wine Room has private facilities and private entrance. We can arrange a moderately priced lunch or a 4 course wine dinner. Snappers Seafood - voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" Sun Sentinel 2011.
- Private Party Contact: John or Sally 5613758600
- Special Events: We recently added a Vegan section to our menu. The Vegan menu is overseen by Mrs. Snapper, a Vegan, who pays close attention to all details. No corkage fees on Monday night. Bring your special bottle and enjoy!
A word from Snappers Seafood
October 2011 Snappers Seafood was voted the "Best Seafood Restaurant in Boynton Beach", Sun Sentinel Forum. We're centrally located in Palm Beach County near the Boynton Beach Mall ~ just minutes from West Palm Beach & Boca Raton. Snappers has been serving the Palm Beaches since 1994. Sample the exceptional value of gourmet quality that put Snappers Seafood on the map and kept us thriving for 18 years! Our house specialties include Boathouse Salmon, Cedar Planked Halibut, Danish Lobster Tails & Golden Shrimp & Scallops. In 2011 Snappers garnered the "Restaurants for Wine Lovers" award by the Wine Spectator Magazine. The list is the product of John & Jamin Stilley, Father-Daughter team of sommeliers. Check-out our Fabulous wine list and Free corkage on Monday nights. We recently re-decorated with dark woods and shades of blues and greens. We added cushy new bar stools and comfortable leather chairs in the dining room. Lots of round tables for parties of 6 to 12 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Snappers Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- RobertDined on 9/6/2014Food was so good enjoyed it very much. Have been there before and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcooked fishMartyo123Dined on 9/6/2014Four people dined. two meals decent two overcooked. One was sent back and replaced with an equally overcooked dish. We called the manager over but she refused to take the overcooked dish off our bill, stating she already replaced it. So one person went home hungry. we were offered free deserts but we declined.
- always very goodluv2dineVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is always very good. Food, service and all very consistentSpecial Features:
- ValenciaDined on 9/5/2014Honored special dietary requirement (no salt) Waiter was efficient, very personable, and eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingErasmoVIPDined on 8/30/2014I have dined at Snappers many times and am very disappointed that its excellent quality has suffered a decline. Their wonderful specialty, cedar-planked salmon, is no longer available and the other items on the new menu are definitely run-of-the-mill. Our party had a shrimp dish which was okay - nothing special - and "Chilean" sea bass which was unfortunately paired with onions that were so pungent that they overpowered the taste of the fish; clearly, someone in the kitchen was asleep at the wheel. Snappers is a large restaurant and the staff is friendly and efficient. However, if you're looking for a good seafood meal in the Boynton beach area, you can do better.Special Features:
- Just okJessicaDined on 8/27/2014Been here multiple times. Used to be fantastic and now it's just ok. Service by Lauren was great.
- gf's bday dinnerSFladlandDined on 8/22/2014I made reservations for my girlfriend and I to have dinner here and had requested a private table if there were any available. We arrived a half hour early and we were seated right away at a secluded table and our waitress popped right up. The food came out very fast, the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The food was FANTASTIC. One of the best seafood spots that I have been to in Palm Beach Co. I will be back for sure!Special Features:
- mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Two of our five in the party ordered the halibut special, with asparagus and fresh crabmeat. The meal came with baby shrimp instead, and when we requested the crabmeat, as advertised, it came ice cold....to be put on warm fish. Very disappointing. The waitress was not even aware of the day's special, and we had to go read the board before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealpalmbeachgirlDined on 8/17/2014Have been here multiple times. Never disappointed. The food is always fresh and delicious. Very often recommend to friends, who are also very happy here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAMsamrVIPDined on 8/13/2014BEST FISH REST AROUND ALWAYS FRESH AND COOKED RIGHTSpecial Features:
- Good, As UsualDelrayDollVIPDined on 8/9/2014Hubby liked his martini -- I'll get the Pomegrante one next time which looks good. Asked for, and received, the dressing on the side of the caesar salad -- always willing to accommodate. Instead of my usual planked halibut, I had the mushrooms stuffed with spinach/goat cheese and scallops. Yummy. Hope they keep this on the menu! Hubby had his usual Danish lobster tails. Have never been disappointed in our meal.Special Features:
- Always great food and service.slingyDined on 8/2/2014Thanks to open table, we can reserve a table and don't have to wait for one. The food is always delicious and the service is great. Great selection although we love the Danish lobster tails and almost always come here for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Amazing!Che4Dined on 7/31/2014I always look forward to my trips to Florida because dinner at Snappers is such a treat. The fish is incredibly fresh with an ever changing selection of fishes many which are not offered in the northeast. On this last visit Cobia over roasted vegetables was the special and it was prepared perfectly. Consistency in the preparation of the dishes is a guarantee so any item off the standard menu will not disappoint. The service is always friendly and solicitous without being overbearing. Drew was our server this visit and he was courteous, professional and engaging. I highly recommend a visit to Snappers.Special Features:
- Cedar plank Halibut-wow!VeryTallGuyDined on 7/28/2014Baja Fish Tacos to start was outstanding, shared it and it was plenty, then a garden salad. I had Scallops atop mushroom caps with spinach and feta cheese which was superb. My guest had the Cedar Plank Halibut with sweet potato mash, they stated it was the best they ever had. Overall great experience. My only gripe would be the slow service, granted it was a Monday night and the place was not busy at all. Our server Ashley was courteous and knew the menu very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service71bamagirlDined on 7/19/2014I was in Boynton Beach for a conference, and I ate at Snapper's for dinner one night. The food was great, and I had great service. The menu had lots of options. The garlic rolls were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a try. Nice neighborhood gem.FoodiesDined on 7/12/2014We were 6 people .The girls love the Danish lobster tails. They were tasty, but so small. It was half the size of a small shrimp. They are usually bigger in size and you get less tails. This time we got more tails, but tiny, tiny. Halibut on the plank was good. All other dishes were good. Salad was fresh and a nice size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitBobbyDined on 6/28/2014We have only been to Snappers three times and each time the food was great. We have recommended it to others and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- smittyDined on 6/21/2014food was ok,but not great. been there before and quality was better.
- superb seafoodFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Fresh food served with pride. Always a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish Reasonable PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went there for lunch on father's day. The northern cod served on cedar plank was outstanding. I enjoyed the salad with the dijon dressing. The cole slaw was very tasty and fresh. I will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day lunchScrappinginthesunDined on 6/15/2014Food was pretty good - fish was good but roasted veggies abit oily.
- DisappointingopentableaddictVIPDined on 6/13/2014The waiter did not tell us the specials or inform us of the choice of sides. The bread came after three requests. the table next to us with a different server got the specials speech and bread etc. furthermore the food was mediocre. The salmon was cut thin like a flounder. Never saw salmon that way and the pecan crusted was greasy as if it were fried in too much oil. It was not clear that this was a fried dish. Another at the table ordered cedar plank cod but the server strongly encouraged us to go for the halibut and we ended up with a dry overlooked piece of fish. I doubt we will go back. There is a lot of choice in the area.
- OvereaterUnanimousDined on 6/12/2014Very good seafood at reasonable prices. Large portions, good service. Minimal ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snappers seafoodpokerboyDined on 6/9/2014This was our second visit to Snappers. The first time was on a Friday night and the place was packed. The food was quite good, above average, and the prices were on the high side. The service was excellent. The second time was for lunch and I think we were the only ones in the place. The service was very good. The lunch specials did leave something to be desired. I had fish tacos, and couldn't recognize what the fish was since it was drowning in thick mayo sauce. My son-in-law had some kind of an asian tempura dish that was just odd. We did think the tempura dish would have some fish, but it didn't. The calamari was ok, just a bit rubbery. The chocolate cake was a hit.Special Features:
- MehRonBVIPDined on 6/8/2014Average food and service in an atmosphere that's slightly below average - large dining room with no ambiance.
- DisappointedfishloverDined on 6/7/2014Started with two appetizers: shrimp cocktail and clams rockefeller - We returned the shrimp cocktail - soggy and not cold and the waiter mistakenly served oyster rockefeller and not clams - we returned both - he brought the clams which were good and also brought us a crab cake 'on the house" which was excellent. The fish we ordered for our main dinner was fine but "nothing to write home about"
- Great mealWorthyDined on 6/7/2014The food was really good, the service was great and an enjoyable meal was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- geriDined on 5/30/2014it is a good neighborhood place for dinner. They do have some large tables and can accomodate parties of 12 at round tables. Our wait was very pleasant and the food was good.Special Features:
- Always dependableDollyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Brandon continually does a great job in serving usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual DinnerprincessjagVIPDined on 5/28/2014Saw a special and decided to try it. We were a party of four and never knew they had hamburgers on the menu. Since it was National Burger Day, we decided to try and. They were great. Large, tasty and we all enjoyed.Special Features:
- NiceDined on 5/23/2014I went to the Snappers on St. Pete Beach. The food was good . The wait time was reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 674 reviews are from the Snappers Seafood reviews archive.
- Snappers Fish HouseNathanVIPDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant is consistently good for fish and seafood. The prices are reasonable and reservations are honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Thought the king crab was overpriced, but good BUT the potatoes that came with it were only Luke warm. The soup that came with it was very good and steamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent frsh fishGiselaDined on 5/17/2014We ordered snapper which was well prepared and very tasty. Clam chowder and Cesar salad were delicious. Can't wait to go back. GiselaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014this place is now awful. was there for mother's day and the halbut on the plank was dried out and tasted like it just came out of the ocean the same for the flounder. God awful the worst. the hostess needs to put a smile on their faces what a depressing place. never going back.
- JensDined on 5/11/2014we had Mother's Day dinner there and it was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Prepared Well But...FoodiegonewildDined on 5/11/2014more of a seniors type experience than a trendy restaurant. I had the fried oysters and fellow diners had the clam chowder, broiled salmon and halibut with panko. All food was very fresh and reasonably priced but not very memorable. Excellent wait staff. Couldn't help but notice the crowd for Mother's Day was full of seniors. The food is seasoned accordingly.
- Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent and the server was very attentive to our needs. I can not eat corn and our server spoke with the chef to have our entree of Lobster, corn and potatoes changed to fit our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyDelrayDollVIPDined on 5/9/2014We both had the Caesar salad (I had the dressing on the side). Hubby had his usual Danish lobster tails which have too much butter for my taste, but they are yummy. I had a snapper special with goat cheese and bruschetta salsa which was tasty (usually get the planked halibut). This was my birthday month so it was 25% off my entrée. What a deal! Great promotional ploy, and it works.Special Features:
- Great foodWorthyDined on 5/4/2014We had a delicious dinner as usual with a fabulous, accommodating waiter. I recommend this restaurant if you would like fresh, delicious seafood at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.