Snake River Grill
84 E. Broadway
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Snake River Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.snakerivergrill.com/
- Phone: (307) 733-0557
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Bar 5:30pm to close Dining Room 6:00pm - Close;
July - August and Christmas Holidays (open at 5:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Drew
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room seats from 12 to 16 guests very comfortably at an oval table.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Cooper 3077330557
A word from Snake River Grill
As featured in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, The Wine Spectator and Quarterly Review of Wines, the Snake River Grill offers the finest in mountain dining. Our mostly organic menu promotes seasonal foods, fresh seafood, prime chops and steaks, vegetarian dishes, and free-range game and chicken. Our chef has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation for "Best Chef North West" the past two years. A recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence", The Grill offers over 300 wines, as well as a full cocktail and beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Snake River Grill - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Snake River Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (114)special occasion (106)notable wine list (75)romantic (63)hot spot (59)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (17)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Usually good but spotty this timesjs57VIPDined on 10/31/2014We love the Grill but last night - our service was a bit spotty and half the restaurant was empty. We ordered a simple order of fries without truffle to go with our entrees and they were forgotten. The waitress came by and said "on they'll be right out" and then we never saw her again. She brought them in a to-go box before we left. How can they manage to get out three courses an not an order of fries? Also some of our food was quite good but I would not recommend the "smoked trout dish? I thought it was going to be a crisp fish and it was swimming in some sort of gooey dressing. Some people might like that but I didn't. The rest of our food was delicious as usual.Special Features:
- The best in Jackson HoleluvqualityDined on 10/19/2014Amazing menu,top notch service you could not ask for more from a truly outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningdoneDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner and time at the restaurant. The food was unique and the waiter was exceptional.Special Features:
- Delivers as statedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Snake River Grill is a gourmet delight. The food was cooked to order, superior quality, and the menu provided excellent choices. The decor was warm and inviting yet chic and comfortable. Our waiter was the best, providing us with choices and suggestions. He was gracious and pleasant and attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!TouristDined on 10/18/2014As a tourist from Japan, we were looking to find a great dinner on our last day of our trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton. We found it at this place! The ambiance, service, and food were all great. After reading the reviews, I was a bit worried about the service but our waitress was fantastic! We will definitely go back to Snake River Grill the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food; Aloof WaitressKoreanderVIPDined on 10/14/2014The steaks at Snake River Grill certainly lived up to the hype -- perfectly cooked to the requested temperature and so tender and delicious. We were a little disappointed with the famous potato pancake and tuna tartare appetizers, though. The potato pancake was tasty but a little dense and a little too greasy. That appetizer can easily be shared by 4 or more people. The tuna tartare could have used more acid. We were very disappointed in service. Our waitress was attentive but she was so cold and formal that she bordered on being rude. I don't think she smiled the entire night and it made us wonder if we had done something to annoy her.Special Features:
- SRGYawnVIPDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant always has great food. The best place in town!!Special Features:
- Quiet ForgettableAmrmooseDined on 10/11/2014We chose to dine at the Snake Grill because of the incredible review, but were very disappointed. Many of the review said this place was fit for foodies and that is pretty far off. This is your basic boring steakhouse. The food concepts and decor feel like you have just boarded a time machine back to early 90's. Our waiter was not very impressive and we definitely will not be back to dine here. My husband had a steak which he said was tasty and I had the Sea Bass which was incredibly bitter. Overall food presentation was exactly the way I would describe this place..... average and boring.Special Features:
- What a great findBalooDined on 10/9/2014Food is extremely delicious. If you appreciate a great piece of steak, you must dine here. Professional staff. Prompt service from your arrival to your exit.Special Features:
- Best part was.....NikkiDined on 10/7/2014The Wedge Salad was amazing! Presentation was beautiful!Special Features:
- Our Fave Jackson placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014We travel to Jackson at least once a year and have our reservation to Snake River Grill all lined up way before we get here. It's a must! Food is fabulous, staff is friendly, knowledgeable and professional, providing a great dining experience. The restaurant is lovely and comfortable. Yes, this is the best dining experience in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerNWfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014We decided to dine in the bar which was great. Four of us decided to share plates as we wanted to try several things on the menu. Thee u is interesting - dishes full of great flavors. Overall a wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HamadanDined on 10/5/2014Best meal we have had the past eight years dining in Jackson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Great food and good service overcame a noisy dinner. Still one of my favorites in Jackson!Special Features:
- Excellent birthday dinnerEatoutalotDined on 10/3/2014We picked Snake River Grille for my moms 65 th birthday dinner while on a weekend trip to Jackson. The food was outstanding, service superb. They have a few kids items (noodles, cheese pizza) not listed on the menu. This is not a place for kids, but our 9 and 6 year olds, who eat out often, did fine and loved the elk chops. It's not cheap but delivers for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlatlanderDined on 10/2/2014We were immediately seated at our time of reservation. Our waitress was friendly but not overbearing. Drinks were served swiftly, the liquor was apparent so no skimping involved. The sweet potato soup was delicious, but the potato pancake was out of this world. Slimly slice salmon topped the potato. Yum. Our entrees followed. The trout was melt in your mouth! We loved the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still wonderful!!WyomingDined on 10/2/2014The Snake River Grill does not disappoint if it is your first time to dine there or your 100th. The menu choices are varied and delicious. I tried the pumpkin soup an it was devine. A wonderful dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwayschefpelsDined on 10/2/2014Celebrated our 10th anniversary at The Grill. I have been coming here since 1997, and NEVER have I had a bad meal. Extremely consistent, the valley's best wine list, excellent service staff, and attention to detail are the hallmarks of SRG. We brought in a bottle of '99 Chapoutier Le Pavillon, which traveled from Tain l'Ermitage (Chapoutier's tasting room) in a backpack when we were first married. There's no other place in Jackson I would have even considered opening such a treasure, especially on such a momentous occasion. A perfect night all around.Special Features:
- FrankfoodDined on 9/28/2014I am from the Northeast where there is no shortage of great dining. Snake River is one of my favorites anywhere!Special Features:
- Another great evening @ SRGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Our party of four were celebrating a special occasion. Our server, Dustin, was appropriately attentive throughout. Another outstanding experience at one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant in JacksonTravlingalDined on 9/26/2014Everything is top notch at SRG- the ambiance is upscale but western, the service is attentive without being intrusive. We never have to ask for anything - it just appears; pacing of the courses is just right and the food is wonderful. Definitely make reservations because this place is popular and for good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience as it should besonophobiaVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great food, interesting menu, excellent wine list, and great service - Snake River Grill at its best. We are not the only ones to like this restaurant, so the room was full and the noise level high, but still tolerable. The bison tartar appetizer was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe this was a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014Snake River Grill is usually reliable...however, this evening the entire experience was underwhelming. We waited too long for every aspect of the table service, from the wine presentation (we poured our own refills), to the food presentation, to dessert, to the presentation of the Bill. The food was really just not very good...I had the Elk chop which was very tough and not very tasty and my friend had the pork shank which was dry. All in all, disappointing and certainly not worth the expense.Special Features:
- SRGperryozVIPDined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed our second meal at SRG and as the first it was great. We went early and it was packed and energetic. Food was excellen as before. I had the pork shank that is one of their specialties which was excellent but enough for two people easily. Service was outstanding with a veteran waiter that knew everyhthing about the menu, was attentive and timely. Overall, an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Jackson's JewelSanfeb10VIPDined on 9/22/2014Four of us dined and had appetizers to share and an entree each. The fig and green chile appetizers were inhaled; entrees all great and I did chew the meat off the bone of my elk chop. The dessert was over the top--the warm chocolate crepe with huckleberry, my choice, was the perfect end of a great meal. My friends couldn't finish the donuts; I had them slightly warmed for breakfast. We ate in seven Jackson area restaurants; we would return to three and Snake River Grill is one of the three.Special Features:
- Special occasion placemambosueDined on 9/20/2014Food was great, service was terrific, we requested a special desert, which was served with each of the birthday celebrators - 3 -having happy birthday written on it. But we asked the check be split half and half, they charged one person 1.5 times the total bill, and the other was charged correctly. The popularity of the place esp on the weekend makes reservations a must, the menu was a little limited, was disappointed there was no bison on menu, when they have it it's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsChefMikeyDined on 9/20/2014We were here 15 years ago and thought it was fabulous. It's still fabulous, maybe better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatkududeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our local favorite for many years in Jackson. Always friendly and welcoming, with creative and inventive offerings. I almost always select the elk (which is my favorite local specialty) and get to sample friends other choices which are off the charts as well. Don't miss the truffle fries. SRG is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Great dinner! Ambiance, atmosphere, service....sweet!Special Features:
- Great eveningPattie452Dined on 9/17/2014Four of us went to SRG for my husband's 70th birthday-I'd mentioned that fact when I made reservations, but wasn't sure they'd remember as I'd made reservations a month earlier. When we arrived, we had a great table/location. 2 ordered Crispy Pork Shanks which was FABULOUS. The presentation was excellent for all meals. Another ordered the smoked trout and loved it, but it was a small portion. I had the $59 Elk chops. I was disappointed, but that's probably due to my inexperience with elk (1st time). Cooked to perfection (rare/med. rare). I found it a bit tasteless and chewy. I was expecting a bit of gamely taste, which I like. The dessert we ordered had "Happy 70th" written in chocolate around the plate. All-in-all, a great experience.Special Features:
- Drinks and dessert onlyCalvinDined on 9/15/2014Drinks and dessert were delicious. Small plates and dinner were good but not worth the price.Special Features:
- The Best Place In TownRippersoneDined on 9/15/2014A buzzing restaurant in the centre of town. Great food, friendly service and a good wine list. Book early as it gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson Gem for making memorieslovinfoodandwineVIPDined on 9/13/2014Another great visit to Jackson for the art auction. Our trip wouldn't be complete without a meal at Snake River Grill. Its an incredibly busy weekend during the auction but the staff at Snake River Grill knows how to make you feel welcomed and are always very attentive. The food is always delicious you must try the onion rings. The Pork Shank was very tender. But leave room for the peach pie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Varied menu selection with well prepared entrees. Wine selection was broad with good representation from most regions.Special Features:
- Perfect!WyomingfanDined on 9/12/2014Great service, knowledgeable waiter, accommodating reservation staff and, above all, great food with wide range of choices. Fourth visit, never dis appointed.Special Features:
- Poor service/great foodRickVIPDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful restaurant, excellent food. The overall experience however was tempered by our totally bored, uninterested, and basically rude server. An evening out should be a complete experience, not just how good is the food or how agreeable is the atmosphere. By political correctness I left a small monetary tip. The tip that I should have left was for our server to get a better attitude or to get work in a different industry.Having said that the onion rings were suburb and the dessert donuts were exceptional and should be a year around offering and not just a seasonal dish.Special Features:
- A great dinner locationjimbocu70Dined on 9/11/2014We had a group of four, and all had different menu choices, and all felt that their meals were outstanding. Ambience and décor were amazing. Prices a bit high.Special Features:
- ivydadVIPDined on 9/10/2014Service was extremely slow Local game dishes were not represented
- goginaDined on 9/10/2014Had a once a year great dinner- all was just perfect- food, service and restaurant are wonderful. Onion rings out of the world! Can't wail to go back on our next trail ride week in Jackson!!Special Features:
- Great dinnerVM3801Dined on 9/9/2014Enjoyed the smoke trout. Korean venison (wild game in the hot bowl) was outstanding. Highly recommend SRG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.