Snake River Grill
84 E. Broadway
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Snake River Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.snakerivergrill.com/
- Phone: 3077330557
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Bar 5:30pm to close Dining Room 6:00pm - Close;
July - August and Christmas Holidays (open at 5:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Drew
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room seats from 12 to 16 guests very comfortably at an oval table.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Cooper 3077330557
A word from Snake River Grill
As featured in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, The Wine Spectator and Quarterly Review of Wines, the Snake River Grill offers the finest in mountain dining. Our mostly organic menu promotes seasonal foods, fresh seafood, prime chops and steaks, vegetarian dishes, and free-range game and chicken. Our chef has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation for "Best Chef North West" the past two years. A recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence", The Grill offers over 300 wines, as well as a full cocktail and beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Snake River Grill - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Snake River Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (99)notable wine list (70)romantic (58)hot spot (50)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- TJsarasota1Dined on 8/27/2014A really good restruant! Great ambiance ,perfect setting and an excellent meal! If you are in Jackson you must dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dannDined on 8/26/2014We have visited for many years. Each time food is great. Each time the waiter is condescending. Must be taught to be that way because it is a different waiter each time. Management must want that attitude but to spend as much as one does there service should be respectful. Wake up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, creative preparation and fabulous execution. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodknowgoodfoodDined on 8/25/2014With much sadness I can only give this review a fair food rating. A couple of main courses from our table to be quite disappointing. The Bricked Oven Greek Chicken Breast was flatten to a pancake and was very dry along with overcooked edges, no moistness, making it chewy. The overall greek flavors toppings were chunks that did not carry any flavor except the feta. I have better Greek Chicken at Gyros stands. The other disappointing meal was the Wild Alaskan Soho Salmon. Very small portion without any exceptional flavor. Coho Salmon should be rich and fresh in its flavor. We were all greatly waiting to return and sadly will not be back next year. We were entraining guests and therefore did not return food.Special Features:
- Marvelous findMegacycleDined on 8/21/2014Had a great time at the SRG! Outstanding food and service. Atmosphere charming and relaxing. Perfect way to end a vacation in Jackson Hole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in JacksonPGA2065VIPDined on 8/21/2014Snake River Grill is consistently excellent in every way. We love it and return often. First Rate; beautiful atmosphere, too.Special Features:
- If you can only eat in one placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Everyone recommended that we eat at Snake River Grill on our Family visit to Jackson Hole and it was the best recommendation. We ate earlier in the evening as we had our one year old granddaughter and that was good idea. (Note--I think the restaurant is not really 'small kid friendly' as they called us earlier in the day to tell us they did not have the high chair we requested; only booster seats. We brought our own, but just a heads up if you have very young children). Everyone had absolutely great food; we shared a lot of plates and they were very accommodating. Service was outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Jackson Hole GemLindyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Top notch restaurant, excellent food and service, absolutely the best in Jackson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bergDined on 8/16/2014best black angus steak I've had in a long time. loved the donuts and dipping sauces for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOmnivoreDined on 8/16/2014This place is just about perfect! The ambiance is sophisticated Western, the servers were all knowledgable and friendly, and the food was wonerful. A great evening.Special Features:
- A gemnealdcDined on 8/16/2014This is one of the best in Jackson. Inside is well appointed. We enjoyed the outside as the weather was fine. Menu and preparation are first class and creative, well executed. You will really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcoming smile would add a lot!juiceweaselDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant has an interesting menu selection, very well prepared. Although the service was good, our server did not seem happy at all. It really detracted from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful resturantNickVIPDined on 8/14/2014The resturant it's is a lovely spot. The food held it's own with the ambiance . I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!MaryCDined on 8/14/2014After reading so many wonderful reviews for this restaurant before heading to Jackson Hole, I had very high expectations---and they were all met! The ambiance in the dining room was "elegantly rustic" and prettier than the photographs I saw online. The service was very professional and impeccable in every way. The food was delicious---complex fresh flavors put together with a terrific result. We were seated in a wonderful small booth---cozy and quiet enough that we could actually have a nice conversation. If you appreciate carefully wrought food, don't miss it----reservations strongly recommended!Special Features:
- Favorite spot!ExtraordinaryVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have been to Snake River Grill many times! It is always excellent! Would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it. It is on the top of our list whenever we come to Jackson! Love the summer menu changes!! The Tartar pizza is a favorite!Special Features:
- Snake River Grill So-So65yrsofeatingDined on 8/12/2014As is the case with many "resort type" restaurants, prices are high and do not reflect the quality of dining experience at those prices. This is a meat place...period. That's great! However with meat a la carte prices of $38 - $59 per steak one should expect something a "cut above". Our bill for 3 was $295. This includes a bottle of wine priced at $32. When evaluating the entire experience, it was okay but not really outstanding. And when including the cost in the evaluation, it falls short.
- Best Jackson hole restaurantDlovesgoodfoodDined on 8/12/2014The food is fabulous. The arugula and cherry salad was perfect as was the wild salmon entree. The cherry crostata and blackberry pie were wonderful. We ate here 3 times and loved it each time. I love the privacy of the booths and the general ambience.Special Features:
- Amazing local fareEricVIPDined on 8/5/2014Snake River Grill boasts an incredible and varied menu, and was the best restaurant we experienced in Jackson Hole. I had an octopus and sausage appetizer and an Alaskan salmon entree, both of which were delicious. Every table was full, even for a 9:15 dinner reservation, but the service was excellent despite the crowd. The ambience was hard to enjoy with the crowd, but the food was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Food was very good. Service was okay, not great. the noise level was extremely loud. We were yelling at each other across the table. Very crowded as it is very popularSpecial Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerHoosierdinersDined on 7/31/2014From reservation to checkout, our dining experience was excellent in all respects. Very attentive without being overbearing. Great Food and service! A table in the bar was a perfect location for our group of six.Special Features:
- Snake River Grill DeliversHappyfoodie10Dined on 7/30/2014While planning a trip to Jackson Hole, I happened to watch a recommendation on the food channel about the Eskimo pie dessert at SRG. I looked at the menu online and decided to make reservations. The dessert was a fabulous treat, but so were the other courses. My husband had the trout and I had the salmon. Everything was cooked to perfection. The wait staff was very attentive and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this timeSantaBarbarafoodieVIPDined on 7/29/2014We love the Snake River Grill...always our favorite restaurant in Jackson. But the food has disappointed us lately. The lamb riblets were not meaty, a bit grisley, and too spicey. The salmon was bland and boring. The steak was good but not great.
- EaterVIPDined on 7/28/2014Waiter was knowledgeable and very interested in responding to our requests. Every course was presented as expected: interesting starter, cold crisp salad, and split bison tenderloin. Great eveningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014One of our most favorite restaurants! Huge variety of selections, great wait staff, fabulous food beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Must goJacksonFanDined on 7/25/2014A wonderful dining experience - fantastic food, professional staff and beautiful rustic interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining in Jackson, WY.SteveDined on 7/23/2014I dined with my teenage daughters, who as always were incredibly well behaved, and yet I felt that we had been singled out amongst all the adult filled tables for expedited service, so as to have us finished and gone in order to squeeze in more covers I suspect. Just in case we customers cannot do the math, my bill had example fees for a 20% and 22% service charge. All in all excellent food and yes I would dine there again, but tarnished by the slightly less than expected level of service and rushed meal, which I'm afraid to say for all four of us took the shine of our eagerly anticipated dining at the Snake River Grill, and this after parting with $500 and more for not even a three-course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in JacksonIowaCityfanDined on 7/23/2014Our family dines at Snake River Grill every summer and it is the one place everyone looks forward to. We had several great appetizers and the gazpacho was terrific. Food is always great here. Our waiter was the best - always available but not intrusive, had great suggestions and was so pleasant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Excellent meal, served by a knowledgeable, friendly waiter, Shaun. We enjoyed the occasion.Special Features:
- fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014Country atmosphere, Asian fusion menu, good wine list, High concept service.....unusual and well executed! We went with a party of 10 that included 3 kids, a little concerned about the kids choices but not enough deter us from a place that had been highly recommended by local friends. No need to have worried, a combination of shared small plates and an entree, with the help of accommodating waiter, worked perfectly well for them at a rational cost. Our party was large enough that we had a wide sampling of the menu. Everyone was pleased with the food it's preparation and presentation. Disappointing was the famous onion stack starter- tasty but way too greasy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as expectedkreviewerDined on 7/20/2014The food and service were excellent. The room was a bit hot where we sat, but on request we were able to open the window (no air conditioning). A bit of a scene for the JH crowd, but everyone appeared to be treated well regardless of their status. We will return when we return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food was very good and the service was great. My wife and I were celebrating our Honeymoon and we enjoyed it. I did however have to listen to a 30 year old talk loud as hell all evening at a table next to mine about his job to his goofy family. I don't blame you at all but it was annoying.Special Features:
- consistently the best in JacksonskihikefishdineDined on 7/17/2014We have been dining at SRG for nearly as long as it has been open. It has had its ups and downs over the years but we've never been disappointed. On our most recent visit in July we loved the grilled octopus, sugar snap peas, spring rolls, crispy pork shank, fish en papillote (steelhead if memory serves me), "dinosaur" ribs, and elk chops. The service was excellent; professional and very knowledgeable. The wine list is not exceptionally long or deep but it has many intelligent, and unusual selections, including rare finds from the Jura. If you are in Jackson, go to the SRG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Snake River Grill came highly recommended from hotel staff (The Wyoming Inn), relatives who live locally, and "people around town." It lived up to its reputation. A little pricey, but worth it. A great vacation town, and a restaurant worth it's downtown setting.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceMauricefoodie1Dined on 7/16/2014All items sampled were excellent. Definitely first class food but really impressed with wait staff. They were very familiar with menu, and made great suggestions. It was such a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Upscale DiningSLOWRYVIPDined on 7/14/2014Nice restaurant. Upscale dining experience with a relaxed environment. Jeans are fine. No jacket need for men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinotPaulVIPDined on 7/10/2014Wonderful, just wonderful. Had seared scallops over heirloom tomatoes, then rack of lamb. Both done perfectly. Will return.Special Features:
- Not the wow we had expectedMsm14Dined on 7/9/2014Server had a bit of an attitude, food just ok and pricy; disappointed as we waited 2 days for reservations during our vacationSpecial Features:
- Excellent service and food.MartinDined on 7/9/2014Very active and lively in the main dining room but a bit warm. Good recommendation from Trip Advisor and staff from the Lodge at Jackson Hole. I tried the corn ravioli and loved it. Good wine list and a variety of unique selections to choose from on both food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want to be DISAPPOINTEDLive2travelandnoshDined on 7/7/2014Saved this place for our last night in Jackson Hole. After a week of adventure and beauty in the Tetons and Yellowstone this was the spot selected to celebrate my 50th birthday. What a huge mistake! The waiter could not have been more impolite or disinterested in his job. The venue-beautiful. The menu-spectacular. The service -spoiled the entire evening. I was beginning to wonder if I was on the TV program, "What would you do?" Unfortunately not, just a rude person who obviously doesn't like his job.
- Great food in a busy tourist siteonthegoDined on 7/5/2014We were there on 4th of July weekend which is a very busy time, and luckily had a wonderful seating location in a nice corner vs. out in the open space which can be very loud and was very crowded with quite a few large groups of 10. The food was phenomenal but they were out of some of their specials and wine selections so had to offer more expensive options and unfortunately the wine selected was not the best. We did sample the onion rings, which they are known for, and I have to say it was well worth trying - they are fantastic and their presentation even more impressive. We also had a few of the starters which were also very good. Needless to say we had to take home a few doggy bags as we wanted to try so many of the offerings.Special Features: