Snake River Grill
84 E. Broadway
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Snake River Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.snakerivergrill.com/
- Phone: 3077330557
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Bar 5:30pm to close Dining Room 6:00pm - Close;
July - August and Christmas Holidays (open at 5:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Drew
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Dining Room seats from 12 to 16 guests very comfortably at an oval table.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Cooper 3077330557
A word from Snake River Grill
As featured in Gourmet, Bon Appetit, The Wine Spectator and Quarterly Review of Wines, the Snake River Grill offers the finest in mountain dining. Our mostly organic menu promotes seasonal foods, fresh seafood, prime chops and steaks, vegetarian dishes, and free-range game and chicken. Our chef has been nominated by the James Beard Foundation for "Best Chef North West" the past two years. A recipient of Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence", The Grill offers over 300 wines, as well as a full cocktail and beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Snake River Grill - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Snake River Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (133)special occasion (124)notable wine list (81)romantic (70)hot spot (69)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- FrankfoodDined on 9/28/2014I am from the Northeast where there is no shortage of great dining. Snake River is one of my favorites anywhere!Special Features:
- Another great evening @ SRGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Our party of four were celebrating a special occasion. Our server, Dustin, was appropriately attentive throughout. Another outstanding experience at one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant in JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everything is top notch at SRG- the ambiance is upscale but western, the service is attentive without being intrusive. We never have to ask for anything - it just appears; pacing of the courses is just right and the food is wonderful. Definitely make reservations because this place is popular and for good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experience as it should besonophobiaDined on 9/24/2014Great food, interesting menu, excellent wine list, and great service - Snake River Grill at its best. We are not the only ones to like this restaurant, so the room was full and the noise level high, but still tolerable. The bison tartar appetizer was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe this was a bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014Snake River Grill is usually reliable...however, this evening the entire experience was underwhelming. We waited too long for every aspect of the table service, from the wine presentation (we poured our own refills), to the food presentation, to dessert, to the presentation of the Bill. The food was really just not very good...I had the Elk chop which was very tough and not very tasty and my friend had the pork shank which was dry. All in all, disappointing and certainly not worth the expense.Special Features:
- SRGperryozVIPDined on 9/22/2014We enjoyed our second meal at SRG and as the first it was great. We went early and it was packed and energetic. Food was excellen as before. I had the pork shank that is one of their specialties which was excellent but enough for two people easily. Service was outstanding with a veteran waiter that knew everyhthing about the menu, was attentive and timely. Overall, an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Special occasion placemambosueDined on 9/20/2014Food was great, service was terrific, we requested a special desert, which was served with each of the birthday celebrators - 3 -having happy birthday written on it. But we asked the check be split half and half, they charged one person 1.5 times the total bill, and the other was charged correctly. The popularity of the place esp on the weekend makes reservations a must, the menu was a little limited, was disappointed there was no bison on menu, when they have it it's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these yearsChefMikeyDined on 9/20/2014We were here 15 years ago and thought it was fabulous. It's still fabulous, maybe better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatkududeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Our local favorite for many years in Jackson. Always friendly and welcoming, with creative and inventive offerings. I almost always select the elk (which is my favorite local specialty) and get to sample friends other choices which are off the charts as well. Don't miss the truffle fries. SRG is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Great dinner! Ambiance, atmosphere, service....sweet!Special Features:
- Great eveningPattie452Dined on 9/17/2014Four of us went to SRG for my husband's 70th birthday-I'd mentioned that fact when I made reservations, but wasn't sure they'd remember as I'd made reservations a month earlier. When we arrived, we had a great table/location. 2 ordered Crispy Pork Shanks which was FABULOUS. The presentation was excellent for all meals. Another ordered the smoked trout and loved it, but it was a small portion. I had the $59 Elk chops. I was disappointed, but that's probably due to my inexperience with elk (1st time). Cooked to perfection (rare/med. rare). I found it a bit tasteless and chewy. I was expecting a bit of gamely taste, which I like. The dessert we ordered had "Happy 70th" written in chocolate around the plate. All-in-all, a great experience.Special Features:
- Drinks and dessert onlyCalvinDined on 9/15/2014Drinks and dessert were delicious. Small plates and dinner were good but not worth the price.Special Features:
- The Best Place In TownRippersoneDined on 9/15/2014A buzzing restaurant in the centre of town. Great food, friendly service and a good wine list. Book early as it gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson Gem for making memorieslovinfoodandwineVIPDined on 9/13/2014Another great visit to Jackson for the art auction. Our trip wouldn't be complete without a meal at Snake River Grill. Its an incredibly busy weekend during the auction but the staff at Snake River Grill knows how to make you feel welcomed and are always very attentive. The food is always delicious you must try the onion rings. The Pork Shank was very tender. But leave room for the peach pie.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Varied menu selection with well prepared entrees. Wine selection was broad with good representation from most regions.Special Features:
- Perfect!WyomingfanDined on 9/12/2014Great service, knowledgeable waiter, accommodating reservation staff and, above all, great food with wide range of choices. Fourth visit, never dis appointed.Special Features:
- Poor service/great foodRickVIPDined on 9/12/2014Beautiful restaurant, excellent food. The overall experience however was tempered by our totally bored, uninterested, and basically rude server. An evening out should be a complete experience, not just how good is the food or how agreeable is the atmosphere. By political correctness I left a small monetary tip. The tip that I should have left was for our server to get a better attitude or to get work in a different industry.Having said that the onion rings were suburb and the dessert donuts were exceptional and should be a year around offering and not just a seasonal dish.Special Features:
- A great dinner locationjimbocu70Dined on 9/11/2014We had a group of four, and all had different menu choices, and all felt that their meals were outstanding. Ambience and décor were amazing. Prices a bit high.Special Features:
- ivydadDined on 9/10/2014Service was extremely slow Local game dishes were not represented
- goginaDined on 9/10/2014Had a once a year great dinner- all was just perfect- food, service and restaurant are wonderful. Onion rings out of the world! Can't wail to go back on our next trail ride week in Jackson!!Special Features:
- Great dinnerVM3801Dined on 9/9/2014Enjoyed the smoke trout. Korean venison (wild game in the hot bowl) was outstanding. Highly recommend SRG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LCCliffDined on 9/9/2014The food, wine and service were outstanding. A few of the people in the party had the pork shank and it was heavenly. We also enjoyed the Camus 40th anniversary wine. It was a great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodsafetylawyerVIPDined on 9/8/2014I've visited a few times over the past 15+ years and the good is consistently good. I enjoy the elk especially and they have great onion rings with dark beer batter. Lots of nice dishes to choose from! Server was somewhat indifferent but the ambiance is great and it's on Jackson Hole's main drag.Special Features:
- Wow the food was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Three of use from the Northeast had dinner not sure what to expect. We were amazed at the high quality of the food but even more the creativity of the chef! The smoked Idaho trout is outstanding. The waiter added a great deal to our dinning experience, he was extremely professional and knew the items on the menu in detail. Bottom line if you are in Jackson Hole go there you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Energetic & fantasticSunnyDined on 9/6/2014Oh my, I definitely recommend their signature beef tartar pizza. It was crispy on the crust and soft on the top, creating a unique experience in the mouth. The seabass which was the night's special had a simple, yet sophisticated taste. The decor of the restaurant was urban cowboy country. Very cozy. Highly recommended for your last night in Jackson for a long lasting and fantastic memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Predicted!HoppyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had heard how wonderful Snake River Grill was but had no idea that our experience would exceed anything expected. The service was very professional and experienced. The food was absolutely wonderful and everyone in our party would echo our feelings that this restaurant is one of the best anywhere, especially in Wyoming.Special Features:
- Expectations ExceededJandBMcGVIPDined on 9/3/2014Had a memorable dinner at SRG a few nights ago. Lovely dining room and attentive, friendly service. Particularly enjoyed the grilled fig appetizer and the lamb ribs. The ice cream bars with caramel sauce lived up to the hype. Would definitely dine here again when I was in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencehemmertimeVIPDined on 9/1/2014the food was some of the best we've enjoyed. every dish was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, food a tad So SoSpankyVIPDined on 8/31/2014The place is lovely and the wait staff very nice. We went with out kids and had a fun evening. The food was good, but not at the level that we had expected. Would we go again.... sure. Would we take an odd hour reservation, due to high expectations...no. A beautiful place with good food.
- TJsarasota1Dined on 8/27/2014A really good restruant! Great ambiance ,perfect setting and an excellent meal! If you are in Jackson you must dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dannDined on 8/26/2014We have visited for many years. Each time food is great. Each time the waiter is condescending. Must be taught to be that way because it is a different waiter each time. Management must want that attitude but to spend as much as one does there service should be respectful. Wake up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2014Great food, creative preparation and fabulous execution. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodknowgoodfoodDined on 8/25/2014With much sadness I can only give this review a fair food rating. A couple of main courses from our table to be quite disappointing. The Bricked Oven Greek Chicken Breast was flatten to a pancake and was very dry along with overcooked edges, no moistness, making it chewy. The overall greek flavors toppings were chunks that did not carry any flavor except the feta. I have better Greek Chicken at Gyros stands. The other disappointing meal was the Wild Alaskan Soho Salmon. Very small portion without any exceptional flavor. Coho Salmon should be rich and fresh in its flavor. We were all greatly waiting to return and sadly will not be back next year. We were entraining guests and therefore did not return food.Special Features:
- Marvelous findMegacycleDined on 8/21/2014Had a great time at the SRG! Outstanding food and service. Atmosphere charming and relaxing. Perfect way to end a vacation in Jackson Hole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in JacksonPGA2065VIPDined on 8/21/2014Snake River Grill is consistently excellent in every way. We love it and return often. First Rate; beautiful atmosphere, too.Special Features:
- If you can only eat in one placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Everyone recommended that we eat at Snake River Grill on our Family visit to Jackson Hole and it was the best recommendation. We ate earlier in the evening as we had our one year old granddaughter and that was good idea. (Note--I think the restaurant is not really 'small kid friendly' as they called us earlier in the day to tell us they did not have the high chair we requested; only booster seats. We brought our own, but just a heads up if you have very young children). Everyone had absolutely great food; we shared a lot of plates and they were very accommodating. Service was outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Jackson Hole GemLindyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Top notch restaurant, excellent food and service, absolutely the best in Jackson!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bergDined on 8/16/2014best black angus steak I've had in a long time. loved the donuts and dipping sauces for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOmnivoreDined on 8/16/2014This place is just about perfect! The ambiance is sophisticated Western, the servers were all knowledgable and friendly, and the food was wonerful. A great evening.Special Features:
- A gemnealdcDined on 8/16/2014This is one of the best in Jackson. Inside is well appointed. We enjoyed the outside as the weather was fine. Menu and preparation are first class and creative, well executed. You will really like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.