500 West Florida Street
Milwaukee, WI 53204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smythrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 414-831-4615x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bradford Shovlin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Smyth is available for private functions for any time of the day excluding Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Friday and Saturday nights. Please contact Krista Sobieski for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Krista Sobieski email@example.com 4148314613x
A word from Smyth
Smyth is inspired by the days gone by term for blacksmithing. We honor the blacksmith and his craft by creating cuisine that reflects the handcrafted, soulful trade of transforming raw materials into works of art. We draw seasonally from the bounty that Wisconsin and the Midwest have to offer. Smyth is an intelligent balance between the playful and the traditional. Enjoy soups, salads, appetizers and entrees as well as plates meant for sharing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Smyth - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Smyth reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)special occasion (37)romantic (26)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (15)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Not up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014Food looked great but served cool to cold...was not a busy night so we were surprised. Hotel is great but food is sub-standard for the price.Special Features:
- Amazing food as alwaysRedheadedwmnDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I came back for our third time here and food was as amazing as ever. And cocktails were delicious as well. We love the vibe and romance Smyth offers and we make this our place for romantic and special dinners. Service and food was at a perfect cadence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool venue…great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Recently moved from Chicago and old Chicago foodie friends were coming to visit…This place did it!!! It was great. Love the Iron Horse Hotel…you should definitely plan a drink at the bar or share champagne sitting on the big leather couches in the "lobby" area before moving in to dinner. Smaller, intimate place with low lighting. Very comfortable. Great sharing plates. Most items we would do again anytime soon…cauliflower and kale, steak, whitefish (so tender and great flavors).Special Features:
- Would definitely dine here againfoodfanDined on 10/17/2014Our party of 4 had a lovely, unhurried, delightful meal with wonderful wine at Smyth. The menu was unusual, creative, and had something for everyone, including a vegan friend. The food was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Celebration23moretogoDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and we wanted to try a new place. We really enjoyed the small, medium, large choices on the menu. We were able to try several different dishes together without feeling stuffed! Very nice wait staff as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch placeTheDonDined on 10/12/2014Great food, good food selection. Special dishes made when you want, perfect size for a brunch buffet. Love the crab cake benedict.....full of crab instead of filler like some other places. They know how to poach an egg properly. Wish I had taken my parents there when they were here to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening at SmythCelebrationDined on 10/4/2014We four were celebration two birthdays. Since we live in Illinois, we booked the Iron Horse Hotel (outstanding), and were fortunate to have a Smyth on the premises. One of the birthday guys picked the restaurant first, and the wives picked the hotel. Food at Smyth was outstanding, service cordial and prompt, menu layout adventurous, portions just right, and wine was delicious. It was a memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of this world!The3BsDined on 10/3/2014Our dinner at Smyth was out of this world! We would highly recommend this restaurant. My daughter and I cannot wait to dine there again. Our mother daughter weekend with our little Barley was beyond a perfect weekend at the Iron Horse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Hard to be disappointed on a Wednesday evening if you're looking for really delicious food from an eclectic menu offering.Special Features:
- Foodie1Dined on 9/27/2014Food was excellent! Ambiance, too noisy. Service was very good, but actually a bit too fast...I hesitate to speak negatively about fast service, but we had about two sips of our cocktails when the entrees arrived.Special Features:
- Great place to shareSueMVIPDined on 9/11/2014Four of us ate at Smyth on a Thursday night. We decided to order several small and medium plates and share. If you like trying new foods this is the place! We tried chicken liver pate, goat cheese, rabbit meatballs, bone marrow, walleye, pork cheeks and a few other things and it was all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your usual hotel resturanthate2cookVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is outstanding here, don't miss it ! HIghlights of the night were th corn chowder and the pork chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLoganDined on 9/6/2014Phenomenal, yet unfussy, food, décor and service. We really enjoyed the small/medium/large plate concept and happily mixed and matched, all the way to dessert. Smyth absolutely NEVER disappoints, which means a lot of people are working very, very hard at making everything look effortless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodFoodislifeDined on 9/3/2014Smyth is the place for excellent taste. The atmosphere is exceptional. Service very good. Our only disappointment was portion size. For the price it was way too small. Compared to other restaurants with similar price, it fell short on portion size. Otherwise, the flavors were outstanding. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressive buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014We had the Route 66 buffet and understand the price now! Huge selection of meats, plus food to order at the table, with a drink included. Very fun meal. But vegetarian options were lacking.Special Features:
- Excellent for dinner or tapasCkressinDined on 8/30/2014Great service and the food was fabulous! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Had a great dining experience here. The food was amazing. Plenty of options for sharing or not, it's up to you! Doesn't feel like a "hotel" restaurant at all. Great service as well. Fun, energetic vibe. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We dined at this restaurant last Saturday night. The menu was underwhelming and overpriced. Service was terrific. Would not go here again.
- BeeJBeeJDined on 8/15/2014Outside dining is comfortable and spacious…perfect for catching the last days of summer. Food is prepared thoughtfully and creatively….plus very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smyth Foodie WeekFuntofeastDined on 8/13/2014So glad we chose Smyth during Walkers Point Foodie week. First time diners and I will go back! Hard to decide from great menu choices. Regular menu also looked wonderful. Food was fresh, presented well and service was great. The decor was simple yet elegant in an appropriate industrial style.Special Features:
- one of the besthate2cookVIPDined on 8/12/2014We went during Walkers Foodie Week but have been there before. Smyth was a had to go to destination and we were not disappointed. Food was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth giving a trydiningwiththeboysVIPDined on 8/11/2014Not a typical hotel restaurant. Rather a spin on food that the foodie in you will enjoy. Not a huge menu, but enough variety to find what you are looking for. Time is taken to prepare and present richly crafted food options. From the everyday choices with new spins to the creative. Freshest ingredients are used to make salads, dinners and desserts special. Nice wine list, a bit on the pricey side. Seasonal cocktail options as well. Restaurant is a bit on the dark side, designed in dark browns with a lot of heavy wood features, maybe perfect for that special dinner or night out on the town. Give it a try, the food impresses, the service is great and they make the effort to make sure you are happy and enjoying yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and delicious.SteveVIPDined on 8/1/2014We shared grilled romaine with blue cheese and bacon, Bone Marrow, pork cheeks with polenta, walleye with pickled radishes, and seared golden brown scallops. All delicious medium sized plates. They split the salad for us. New industrial decorations. There is an outside bar, quite attractive, but call to see when it is open. A short distance from Third ward shops. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to tableJodieDined on 7/26/2014The food was awesome, it is unique / farm2table type of fare. Our server John was great. He asked us if we were celebrating anything special (which we were, our 11th anniversary). I ordered the "medium" dish of scallops which our waiter said was more of an appetizer, it was enough for me. My husband chose the "large" menu & had pork chops that were out of this world (the waiter gave us the name of the breed, I don't recall, but would consider it an "heirloom" variety). After our meal, we did go outside to the patio. We had cocktails out there. It was a beautiful night with a light breeze from the lake... I would definitely go back and even check into staying overnight at the hotel.Special Features:
- Service OutstandingHungryLadyDined on 7/9/2014Nick was our server and steered us in the right direction. We had the bison flank steak and it came perfectly done with just the right amount of potatoes and gravy. Spring veggies were a nice addition. The wine we ordered, a super tuscan, was priced right and excellent for the dish. The only downside is that we were too full to order one of the four outstanding deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceEdnDeeDined on 7/5/2014We enjoyed dining here very much. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014We have visited Smyth twice for dinner and once for brunch and found the food and service to be excellent. Only complaint is a small one... We ordered a bottle of champagne at brunch and had to wait a while for it to come to the table, then refilled our own glasses when they were empty. Otherwise a great time was had, would recommend the beet salad and the chiliquiles at brunch.Special Features:
- The following 594 reviews are from the Smyth reviews archive.
- Distinctive Pre-Summerfest DinnertrysomethingnewDined on 6/25/2014Great foods served with attention to detail and presentation in a modern sleek atmosphere. Go early - relax and enjoy a great meal before a fantastic concert at Summerfest. Its a great quiet start to a lively night.Special Features:
- BrunchLG1123Dined on 6/15/2014Always great for special occasion brunch. (Fathers day, birthday).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014We really enjoyed the evening! Excellent service, food was out of this world, and the atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:
- Route 66 Brunch: Traveler's DelightEatNWriteDined on 6/8/2014I'm usually not a fan of themed anything, but The Route 66 Brunch doesn't sacrifice quality for character. Serving dishes that originated in or were inspired by the truck stops and diners along Route 66, it is part buffet and part breakfast tapas. The "tapas" are small plates that are included in the price of brunch but are ordered through the server. Service was excellent -- friendly and attentive. If you have an inclination toward sweet, order the brioche french toast, but you might want to request "easy on the syrup." For me, highlights of the buffet were "flannel" corned beef hash and smoked salmon. A little pricey? Yes, but worth it. We traveled all the way from the suburbs of Chicago just for breakfast -- a traveler's delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating in the darkBrownieDined on 6/7/2014It has been a while since we were first at the restaurant. It seems to have changed. Great outside seating and a wonderful place for a drink. However, the restaurant lighting was way too dark. We had to use cell phones in order to read the menu. Several other tables around us also use their cell phone to read the menu. We asked twice to have the lights turned up but to no avail. The pork was very good and worth ordering again. Very limited menu with regards to choices. Only one type of meat, pork, chicken or fish. Wine list was very limited also. Given the prices, the atmosphere and the limited choices not sure we will return again.
- charm and flavorfinediningfanDined on 6/6/2014excellent ambiance and service in this space. the low lighting make for romantic moments along with some unique cocktails to spice the night. the service was excellent and the food bold and flavorful. it has a limited menu which limits choices but it is better to do some things excellent than many things mediocre as far as I am concerned. add one of their rooms to make for a romantic weekend getaway and enjoy their outside bar after dinner and then brunch the following morning. A+ experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go back.OutNAboutDined on 6/5/2014We went here for our 1 year anniversary. I wouldn't say the food and service were "outstanding" but the staff was attentive, the food was good. The menu selection was a little lean and was a little pricey. Nice atmosphere though. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!karenthibDined on 6/3/2014We dined at Smyth while celebrating our anniversary at the Iron Horse Hotel and it was just wonderful. The salmon dish I had was great and the pork chop my husband had was deemed the best he'd ever eaten. The service was fantastic and we really enjoyed ourselves. The decor of the restaurant is also very nice and much in keeping with the rest of the hotel and the laid back Harley vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Smyth was great-it was Open Table that stunk. i made a reservation for 9:30- got there at 9:30 and then was told the restaurant did not open until 10. You would think the Open Table reservation would not have gone through.Special Features:
- HowardVIPDined on 5/24/2014Limited menu. All the entree choices were rich and expensive. Need more options.
- JennieVIPDined on 5/22/2014Although the servers were absolutely fabulous as well as The bartender, the limited food on the menu wasn't for me. This is my problem. Not anyone else's. Nice people.Special Features:
- Amazing isn't even enoughStmphotoDined on 5/16/2014The best lamb I've ever eaten. Amazing service. They even seamlessly handled a request to have menus without pricing so my guests would order with their taste buds and not their walletSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When In MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Went to Milwaukee for a concert and found a great hotel and wonderful restaurant. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The food was marvelous and the ambiance great-a very nicely done industrial chic. The tables could use a little more space for privacy.Special Features: