10000 Turkey Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wglakes.com/
- Phone: 4073527933
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 8:00am - 11:00am; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Brad Zorian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Smokehouse Grill
The Smokehouse Grill is an award winning authentic Southern BBQ restaurant voted the Best in Orlando by readers of Orlando Magazine and AOL City Guide. Also awarded the Best BBQ Award at the 2008 Gatlinburg Rib Fest. Featuring slow cooked brisket, smoked in our Southern Pride smokers for over 14 hours and our St. Louis Style ribs smoked for 5 hours. The steaks at the Smokehouse are hand cut just for us and seasoned with our own recipe. Breakfast at the Smokehouse is a family favorite offering an array of unique pancakes including the "off the chart" Red Velvet and Banana Split pancakes. Don"t forget to try our homemade Brisket Hash.Continued
Breakfast and Dinner served Daily.
Breakfast and Dinner served Daily.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Smokehouse Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good experienceAbibeDined on 9/25/2014It was a good experience between espetacular food, fantastic red wine and friendly service that was very well done. Thank you for that dinner.Special Features:
- Top shelfCoopVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great food -- great service --- chicken tenders might be best in the world....... Ham was crazy good --- great service ---- great value ---- Ate at Charlie's the night before and it was great ... But the bill was three times as high .... Will eat there again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Westgate Smokehouse!Hpksl2Dined on 9/5/2014This is the second year in a row we have visited the Westgate Smokehouse while on vacation in Orlando. We love the food and the service is great - and if you're lucky and it's during the day, you'll be seated by the windows overlooking the resort pools.Special Features:
- Probably not for dinnermark2vDined on 8/17/2014They are known for their Brisket as everyone we have come across has told us about. However when my party and I arrived for dinner for an 8 pm reservation they had told us they had run out brisket for the evening. We decided to try out some of the other dishes. The steak I ordered ended up being dry on majority of my steak. The other people in my party did not feel overwhelmed by the choices they made. The server was good at their job.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceNightTrainDined on 8/14/2014The name say's it all "Smokehouse Grill" so if you like Barbecue this is the spot. We had dinner on Thursday night, there was no waiting and the service was great. Wife had brisket taco's (this meal is big enough for two) and I had the chicken sausage waffle both where good. The price is right too - two dinner plates, 1 side Mac n cheese, 2 wines and 2 mixed drinks for under $60.00Special Features:
- outstanding service and foodpeaceloversDined on 8/9/2014Superb service from our waitress........ outstanding meal....BBQ was tremendous...would make a trip from Tampa to Orlandoi just for the BBQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time!FoodCriticDined on 7/8/2014Went for dinner and it was lovely. The service was Great and the food very good! They had a gentleman singing with a guitar which just added to the ambiance!!Special Features:
- First night in OrlandoVacationdinnerDined on 6/28/2014The food was good and location very good. I had the ribs which were tasty and well cooked. My party of four were all happy with the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for on property diningfatkidDined on 6/21/2014The tatnachos were the best. Mac & cheese was good. Didn't like the bbq sauce, thought I'd be given a choice of flavors. Waitress wasn't the most attentive and she didn't have that many tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & tastyBestisDined on 6/15/2014Great place for a large group and kids. Food was tasty and served in cute skillets to go with the theme. Service was efficient and servers pleasant. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TystDarlDined on 6/15/2014We stayed in the West Gate Resorts this restaurant is located in so we dined here out of convenience. The drink menu was limited but offered very unique items, including a variety of moonshine cocktails. The cocktails were very good, but I feel a bit overpriced for the atmosphere. The atmosphere was family friendly, quick lunch, or easy dinner kind of feel. They take advantage of being located in Orlando, and in a resort, and display this with the pricing. For the quality and portions, I felt the price was unjust. Service was friendly and accommodating, but scarcely came around. Especially after our entrees were dropped.Special Features:
- The following 86 reviews are from the Smokehouse Grill reviews archive.
- Only order sidesUnhappy4Dined on 5/31/2014The main dishes sucks. The sides are good. If you want to order anything only order sides. They kept saying how busy they were and yet out server only had about 5 tables. They had a ton of staff yet ran around like headless chickens. They didn't have any bus staff and many tables that had no one at them when we arrived stayed dirty our entire visit. Worst place to dine I've been too. Only food we likes was our side of fries and Mac and cheese.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014food was good but sevice was not eveing messed up when server spilled soda all over my wife
- ok, but...UpdateVIPDined on 4/23/2014If looking for "real" barbecue, Smokehouse ok, but not the best you can find. Very family friendly bring attached to hotel and management made frequent stops by table checking in. If looking for a reasonable priced check it out.Special Features:
- Good BBQ by the lake.GARYDined on 4/20/2014The Smokehouse served up great brisket and the pulled pork was good (not the best I have had). The corn muffins were fantastic and the Mac and cheese was a super side dish. They offered a really nice bar special and we got there before 6:00pm so one of the items we ordered was on the early bird menu. Service was excellent! We also enjoyed the view.Special Features:
- Excellent Easter BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We recently went for Easter Breakfast...my Dad loves the Smokehouse Special Event Menus. We go for Thanksgiving too. The buffet was excellent and had more than I expected, including some delicous crepes. It was a true brunch with chicken tenders for the kids, pot roast and an assortment of delicious salads. Our server, Kim, was great as was all the staff. Even the buffet attendant, that got us an extra cup of coffee!!! The Easter Egg Hunt before breakfast was well organized and my daughter got a ton of eggs!Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisluv2dineVIPDined on 4/14/2014I would not recommend this restaurant everything about it was just awful
- Great food!RSCruzDined on 4/13/2014The food was great. I had the 16oz ribeye and my husband had the half rack ribs. Both were very delicious. Our server was polite, but we waited a long time for our food. The temperature inside was just right and I liked the set-up.
- Loved the ribs, sweet potatowhere2eatnextDined on 4/6/2014Loved the ribs, sweet potato fritters, grandma's fried chicken, and Mac and cheese! Our server was attentive, and informative. Next time we're in town for breakfast we'll try the red velvet cake pancakes. Sit on the enclosed side porch for a water/sunset viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribsdatenightdiningDined on 4/6/2014Ribs and baked potato were excellent. Did not care for cole slaw. Baked beans were average. Service was good at 5 PM. Would probably order ribs to take out next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kickoff to our vacation!ScoutMomDined on 4/5/2014The service was great. Very accommodating. The food was overall excellent. I had the chicken, sausage and waffles and everyone else was jealous. The only downsides were the table were too crammed together on the "porch" area and the brisket was kind of fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The flavor is perfect forDebbieDined on 3/31/2014The flavor is perfect for people that like the smokey style of barbeque. The platter for 1 will easily feed 2 people. Great side choices. Staff are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bbqbigeaterDined on 3/27/2014This place is awsome. We had a big group which they accommodated just fine. Half adults half kids the menu had a great selection of appetizers and main corse. The portions are large and no one could finish them we all had take home containers and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!TrueFoodieNoExcusesDined on 3/27/2014Love the Westgate Smokehouse Grill. Had dinner there last night and the food & service were great! I got the chef's special - Steak Kebobs over Rice Pilaf. O. M. G. ! Soooo delicious! My husband got the Ribs, which are are Smokehouse Grill specialty. They're just fall off the bone Amazing! He ate every last morsel. We've been there for the Breakfast and you just can't get any better. All you can eat buffet breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, homemade waffles, pancakes,and Fresh Fruit that just about melts in your mouth! I'm sure I've forgotten something, but you get the gist. I highly recommend that you put this place on your list of must-do's anytime you are in Orlando or the surrounding area. You will Not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy Quick ok foodJonstallDined on 3/27/2014The food on the buffet is mediocre at best. the eggs are terrible and the pancakes are alright and the french toast is good. The bacon is very greasy tasting even for bacon. For the price the buffet is a joke. 12.95 for an adult for powdered eggs? There was an omelet station but the line was rough. The service is slow because they are under staffed. But the price was just a rip off. We had buy one get one free adult entrees and it was still 39 dollars. I could get more and better food at denny's. We were staying at the hotel and thats the only and i repeat the only reason you would eat here for breakfast.Special Features:
- Customers First Attitudegood2eatDined on 3/26/2014Really enjoyed taking my family to eat here. The food was awesome and they give you large portions worth your money. The management was awesome in how they always walked the floors greeting guests and made sure staff were on point. What I like best was their attitude which accommodated my personal unfortunate experience of forgetting my wallet. Honest mistake. My spouse kindly left ID, rushed home, returned and we paid our bill and gave a good tip. We were never treated negatively at all. They gave no negative looks but trusted us and we appreciated their willingness to understand. Food was awesome and the bread is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The quality of the food wasDonjo74Dined on 3/24/2014The quality of the food was not good for the price point associated.
- On VacationJustVisitingDined on 3/14/2014This is a great spot to go for a quick on vacation meal. Said to have the best barbecue in Orlando, and it was very good! I had the brisket tacos which were under $10 and it was a massive portion. Also had a good selection of desserts, but we didn't get any; the food was too filling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSMILINGRAYDined on 3/13/2014Food was not that great. Ribs were just ok. coleslaw was watery. Vegetables were over salted. Cool idea os serving in a big cast iron pan. Menu was not very big. Service was ok but could have been better. Do not plan on going again.
- Good food fast!cbrummellDined on 3/9/2014Our waiter Tony was amazing - got us drinks right away and came back and took our food order promptly. He recommended a drink for my wife which was excellent. Food came out in good time. It was delicious. I ordered the combo dinner. My wife had the small order of ribs and my son had the 16oz steak blue rare. Everything was excellent except the vegetables could have been hotter, however were fresh and crisp and not overcooked. Dinners came with the sweet potatoes, which they had boiled down and mashed with brown sugar and rolled into a ball with cinnamon and deep fried like a hush puppy. My wife did not like them, so Tony brought her out a bowl of cream coleslaw instead at no charge and it was excellent. Definitely will go back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribeye Steak grizzlescowsailorDined on 3/8/2014The ribeye steak was the worst quality of meat. The steak couldn't be chewed with all the grizzle.
- MehLandMineDined on 2/25/2014Food is passable. Truly nothing special. Prices are higher than I expected - neither the food, ambiance nor the service warranted those prices. Wouldn't go back or recommend.
- Good low-cost mealDATdocDined on 2/24/2014Lots of food, quick service and ready seating made this a good experience. Getting here from I-drive wasn't too hard and was way faster than navigating the traffic in I-DriveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceEcvhaaDined on 2/14/2014The serivce and food was great . I would recommend this to anyone !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good BBQBBQsouthDined on 2/14/2014Menu provided something for every taste in BBQ. Seating was prompt and table service was attentive. A good spot for dinner overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentineswelike2dineDined on 2/14/2014The food and service were great. The steaks were done exactly the way we ordered them and would melt in your mouth. We are from Mass. but will surely return to this venue when we return to this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuTwotoeDined on 1/26/2014The food and service were good..the menu was limited..my wife doesn't like BBQ but normally is able to eat something else on the menu..but there was not very much to choose fromSpecial Features:
- Not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Food over cooked, server not knowledgable about food/beverage list. Children were never offered children menus or dessert after meal. Dishes were never cleared from table. First BBQ restaurant to not offer proper hand wipe after ordering ribs! ;(
- What do you expect at a time shareKimChgoMtgDined on 1/16/2014Had both a dinner and breakfast here as it was the restaurant at our time share resort. The barbeque brisquette was very good and the sides with it were okay. There was a small game room for the kids along one edge of the dining room, which they included 1 game token with the kids menu. Nothing to write home about; but as long as expectations aren't too high -- it's a fair place for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014We were in Orlando on vacation and the Smokehouse Grill was within walking distance plus it was noted to be a great place for ribs. Our grand daughter was with us so we were celebrating her turning 21. The food was great and we had leftovers for the following day. I had used Open Table in October but could not remember my password. This is the second time using your site to make reservations. It is so easy and handy. Gail HoltanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.