Smoked Bar & Grill
1201 W Chocolate Ave.
Hummelstown, PA 17036Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Smoked Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smoked422.com/
- Phone: (717) 298-7900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Smoked Bar & Grill
Smoked Bar & Grill brings fresh, house smoked meats and southwestern fare to Hershey!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Smoked Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Yes and NoLadieNightOutDined on 11/10/2014Food was average. Not on the top of my BBQ list. Portions small compared to other BBQ joints. The service was great. Our server was helpful and attentive to our needs. We were a group of eight.Special Features:
- dbdbVIPDined on 10/27/2014Food is outstanding. Wide selection of beers, but the bar seems a tad slow servicing the wait staff. Definitely would return, maybe this Monday night was just an off-night or under-staffed!
- Beat my expectationspatkgeVIPDined on 10/23/2014Visit hershey on business and as a car collector numerous times a year. Was actually headed to a national chain when I switched to smoke and glad I did! From the host to the wait staff great and food was fantastic !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDWaltersDined on 10/7/2014The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I love the fact that "ok" is not good enough! We teased the hostess about the food being just "ok" and she had all the right answers. We were very pleased all around and will definately be making this a regular stop for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and generousLetseatDined on 8/12/2014Smoked exceeded our expectations, we felt like comfortable, neighborhood regulars on our first visit. Generous portions, impressive menu of craft and local beer, knowledgable and attentive waitstaff. Don't think this place is just feeding off Hershey area tourism, someone there cares about offering a quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No RibsshecrabsoupDined on 8/4/2014Went expecting a good local BBQ / Ribs joint. No ribs, other than that - if the entrée comes with cole slaw - cole slaw shouldn't be a side or should at least be warned it is already on the plate. Decent food beyond no ribs.Special Features:
- most friendlytjkdmkVIPDined on 7/31/2014On our visit to Hershey, chose this from open table and really enjoyed it. They were extremely friendly.....even gave me a sample of beer to try before I ordered......really liked our food and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Smoked Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceTlg185VIPDined on 6/4/2014A wonderful, inexpensive restaurant. The beef brisket was well seasoned and very juicy. The environment is very pleasing, not too loud and well designed. The menu selection goes beyond just BBQ, but I highly recommend trying the beef. It is excellent for a relaxed dinner Highly recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmokedJB007Dined on 5/20/2014When visiting Hershey, definitely check out Smoked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsoso415Dined on 5/11/2014Great portions and the food always comes out hot. The servers are really friendly and try to make you feel welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT surpriseBKrauseDined on 5/11/2014the food was all excellent --- we had the 1/2 chicken and the bay shrimp for main meals --- very tender chicken and very flavorful. the sides were great with the grilled mixed veggies tossed in balsamic reduction and the smoked portabella was a great way to start the meal...we finished off with the smores bar...kids loved the pork sliders...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day LunchfoodnbeersnobDined on 5/11/2014My two brothers and I took our Mother to Smoked for a Mother's Day lunch and we were extremely pleased. The food selection was great, the food was prepared very well and the quantity was perfect. They also have a great craft beer list that changes regularly.Special Features:
- Smoked!dvizVIPDined on 4/24/2014If you enjoy bar-b-que and smoked meats and fishes this place is a find! I was a big fan of Luna (the former restaurant) so I was very happy to see that they still have great margaritas and tex-mex on the menu! Awesome fish tacos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ!movieking80Dined on 3/31/2014Looking through OpenTable's list of restaurants and I found this newly opened gem. Excellent southern style food choices, including a delightful pulled pork that just melts in your mouth. I tried more than half of their BBQ sauce selection, including the wicked "Hot Hot BBQ" that was sweet and very spicy. Beer selection is pretty top notch too, featuring mostly microbrews with a few local selections from Troegs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceDiningInDowningtownDined on 3/27/2014Had the ribs and pulled pork. The meat alone was excellent. Great smoke flavor. The selection of 7 sauces on the table to add to eat bite was great. Get the Mac and cheese as one of your sides. Very rich, very creamy, very delicious. Great dining option if you are in Hershey for a convention like I was.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in HersheyEmomDined on 3/15/2014I actually went there twice in two days, once for lunch which was great -- relaxed atmosphere and tasty food. The fish tacos were excellent. Everything had some spice but tasty not overwhelming. Then the next night we were there with another couple and it was great. The tap list was awesome (love the raspberry lambic). Everyone enjoyed their food and we had a vegetarian, a meat only lover, and two in between. The pulled pork was melt in your mouth. I want to get takeout tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Nice place, friendly staff, awesome food, great bar with solid tap list!Special Features:
- Nine for LunchBonnieDined on 2/11/2014This was not an easy group to please. They all indicated they enjoyed their time and would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure why this is so popularOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2014We were disappointed. We had the fried calamari and the blue cheese fries as appetizers. The calamari were OK, but a bit too salty. The fries were too salty to the point of being inedible. I ordered the fish tacos but the waitress wrote down some other type of tacos so I did not get what I ordered, and when I pointed out that it wasn't the right dish, I got a pretty cold response from the waitress. To be fair, she did put in an order for the correct tacos and I did get them as quickly as possible. They were better than the apps, but nothing special. My husband's combo brisket and pulled pork were mediocre. We tried all the BBQ sauces but most of them weren't great. We probably only enjoyed 2 of them. My husband's beer was delicious!
- Harrisburg BarbequeFriiendlyfoodieDined on 1/15/2014The service was great. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The selection of craft beer was great. We were able to sample before making a choice. I was dissapointed with the barbequed meats. The brisket was dry and bland as was the pulled pork. The baked beans, cole slaw had no character in flavor. The sauce containers were hard to use. My husband squeezed hard on the one sauce and it squirted everywhere. The biscuits were dry and tasteless. I felt that I was eating left overs. Good appetizer however, the chips and guacamole were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But Hard To Find.JerryVIPDined on 8/24/2013I enjoyed the meal very much but found the restaurant hard to find. It is situated in a small strip mall on a local highway but is not visible from the opposite side of the road. However the effort to find it is worth it, especially for the flan.Special Features:
- Ate in the bar area and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013Ate in the bar area and our server was absolutely tops! Great explanation of dishes and the food itself very tasty! Not your run of the mill Mexican fare. Sauces unique but no too far out there. Creative pairings. A nice night, we'll be back.Special Features: