110 South Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smittysgrill.com/
- Phone: 6267929999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Mon-Fri 11:30-2:30pm, Dinner Mon-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm, Fri/Sat 5:30pm-10:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For catering information please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Smitty's is the perfect place for any celebration or event, be it a birthday, anniversary, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, holiday, wrap party, awards show reception, charity reception or corporate meeting.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Cisar 8774469541
A word from Smitty's Grill
The Smith Brothers bring you American comfort food at its best. Our menu features iron skillet cornbread, homemade chicken pot pie, BBQ baby back ribs, and more. Smitty's has always been defined by comfort, from the cozy booths and inviting bar, to the helpful staff who welcome each of our guests home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Smitty's Grill - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Smitty's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (80)great for lunch (59)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (46)romantic (40)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food - Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014We went here on a Sunday night and brought 2 kids and 2 grandparents. Our waiter was so considerate with all the special needs brought on by little ones and older ones - I was very impressed! Will definitely come again!Special Features:
- We Love Smitty's!NinoRonDined on 10/18/2014What a fun evening! Sat at the bar for a few minutes so we could enjoy the homemade potato chips before heading to our table. There was a birthday card and some orchids waiting at the table for my wife, Lori. Nice touch! Cheddar Bean Dip and Prime Rib French Dip sandwiches were delicious as was the Brownie Ice Cream Sundae birthday desert. Thanks, OpenTable and Smitty's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foreveryoungVIPDined on 10/16/2014Everything was good and went smoothly except the waitress forgot one of the side dishes which arrived just as we were finishing our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionSandyDined on 10/13/2014I informed the restaurant via the OpenTable website that our dinner was a special occasion (parents' wedding anniversary) and the restaurant had some lovely orchids and a card waiting on the table when we were seated! Beautiful touch! The food was yummy (ordered the chicken pot pie, burger, prime rib, ribs and meatloaf) and the service was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectFantasticaDined on 10/12/2014There are restaurants in the LA area where you can always guarantee an out of town guest or a special occasion will have exceptional service and terrific food. Smitty's tops that list. A real Pasadena neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Not for the hearing imparedCujo21Dined on 10/10/2014Great service, great food but the noise level is close to Fed Ex Field levels - and nowhere expect the patios (front and rear) to avoid it.Special Features:
- JapaneseLadyDined on 10/8/2014Great ambiance, chicken piccatta was just okay, and service was slow. However, I've been to Smitty's Grill several times before and the experience was much better, so consider this an off-night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Delicious American favorites in a nice setting...a bit too loud, though. Could use some noise softening/absorbing finishes, possibly on the ceiling.Special Features:
- nice to grab a bitechampDined on 9/30/2014This place has a great bar, i have noticed a lot of people just go and sit at the bar and read. barkeeps are helpful and nice. Had to stand at the main desk last time for several minutes, the person and a server were talking in in the back. The menu is limited but the food is great. The staff here are somewhat attentive, but never what i would call warm. In the main dinning area the noise level is a problem, its too loud to cary on a conversation. Sit at the bar in front of the kitchen, and watch the food being prepared. The tables in the back rooms are better for noise level and there are a few outside tables in the front, that appear forgotten by the servers at times and wonderful tables in the back outside. parking is great .Special Features:
- Book Now, Enjoy Later27altoidsDined on 9/29/2014Smitty's has a lot of facets to its operations: a bustling bar, spacious dining rooms doing big business on the weekends, a private dining room for events that was hopping and a couple of patios (front and back) that make you feel like you're in another part of the world (in a good way, not in a third-world country way). Chris, our server, was grand at fielding the requests of the six of us one Saturday night. Everything was tasty, save for the cheese bread, so skip that appetizer if you can. No after dinner drink menu (think scotches) but Chris had the bar down and was quick to answer any and all questions. A manager came by to make sure all was well, too, and that always goes a long way in my book. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodBonmot23Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at Smitty's a number of times over the years, but it had been a while. We were pleasantly surprised this time to find that the food was definitely up a notch. Every dish the three of is had was excellent. There were also quite a few people there for a Sunday night, and we could understand why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but not quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Everything makes Smitty's a great place. Setting, service, selection and quality of food. But it is not a place for a quiet, conversational meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMartyDined on 9/27/2014We have been a few times and have always been pleased. The menu, a little different then most, as many items are throwbacks to what we had when we were growing up. Food is very good. Good selections. Almost everyone would like it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereRegularVIPDined on 9/26/2014We haven't been to many Pasadena restaurants so picking Smitty's was a shot in the dark by referencing Open Table reviews. We were very happy with both the good quality and service. Prices were also a little more reasonable than say a Morton's type restaurant. Not that they have anything away..:). Baltimore crab cakes were 11 out of 10. Shrimp and calamari were awesome. My filet was cooked perfectly, my wife's fish was excellent and our guest's prime rib was perfect. We had the hot fudge sundae for dessert. It was actually a cold fudge sundae buy we still liked it. Time to get on the scale..again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biz MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Smitty's was the Ideal location for my business meeting! We received great service, amazing food and nice friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmittyPJMcVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food was excellent as well as the service. It's our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Our FavoriteCameronsDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have been coming to Smitty's for a few years now. Each and every time we come, they never let us down. The service from Briana, Matthew and Jessica were top notch. We try to come here as often as we can for their Famous Chicken Pot Pie and wonderful wine selections. We are looking forward to dining again soon.Special Features:
- excellent overall experience.sflivetoeatDined on 9/13/2014fast friendly and experienced professional staff. One of the best martinis served in a long time. Definitely a place to share and take guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014Food and service very good. Service at the end could have been better - never asked or offered a dessert menu.Special Features:
- American home like foodMartyDined on 9/5/2014A lot of the foods that many of us have had at home, are offered here and the food is very good.Special Features:
- Great Pasadena RestaurantPattyDined on 9/5/2014If you are looking to take a friend, client or someone special in your life to a wonderful lunch or dinner this is the place to go! Classic and classy says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJMcVIPDined on 9/4/2014One of my favorites!!! we go there often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Business meeting settingPCH168Dined on 9/2/2014I come here for business meetings & used to come here alot. They're usually pretty accommodating when it comes to needing special seating. They have a nice wine selection as well. We had cocktails & opened a bottle of red. It was a bit too much, but worth it. I always like hearing about the specials of the day...and 75% of the time, end up ordering from it.
- Great MenuPickyeater1VIPDined on 9/1/2014I do like a great restaurant that has a variety of selections and Smitty's absolutely meets that requirement. I originally went there craving seafood but I decided to try the Chicken Pot Pie (a great comfort food). Surprisingly, that is one menu item that can be really great or really terrible. Smitty's was delicious and aesthetically pleasing to look at as well! A nice spin on an old favorite. Lots of flavorful chicken (not bits... CHUNKS!). Same goes for the Chicken Cesar Salad which was purchased by another party at our table. The only downside was some really annoying music that was piped out on to the patio where we were seated. I needed earplugs at one point.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Exceptional service. I didn't notice that the date of my Open Table dinner reservation had changed when I moved up our reservation time. Maitre d' was exceptionally courteous and accommodating. We were shown to a table. While we were ordering drinks, she cleared up my online reservation and took care of our birthday celebration. Waiter was excellent. Calamari special was flavorful and SO tender. However, Herb chicken was little dry for hubby. Be aware, lighting is pretty dim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable and goodhatboxVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went last minute after a movie for a light (salad) supper and glass of wine. Everything was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Seemed to have a new server who didn't pay much attention to us. Large party near-by was quite loud. Food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasadena Local FavoriteChrisPasadenaDined on 8/27/2014By far one of my favorite local Pasadena restaurants. Great food and cocktails! My weekly spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to have discovered the patioDiscerningDinerDined on 8/25/2014I had been here a couple of times before and knew that inside the restaurant is very noisy so I hesitated when making this reservation for a business dinner. Luckily, the patio was available and the weather was perfect for it because it was very quiet and serene outside; was able to have a good meeting without needing to shout at my client. Service was great; food was okay (my fish was over-cooked but the caprese salad and creme brûlée were marvelous!); ambience was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starting to worry7692FVIPDined on 8/25/2014Previously we have greatly enjoyed the food at Smitty's, but lately we're having some disappointing experiences 1) A meal that takes more than half an hour to be prepared and delivered with feeble explanation and a free (unwanted) dessert. 2) Most recently on 8/25/14, the meatloaf was very salty and a fish dish was rather bland, the fish indistinguishable from the mashed potatoes. Darn, I hate when good restaurants go bad. Please Smitty's get back on track!Special Features:
- Service top notch!Captainfun63Dined on 8/24/2014Not only is the food outstanding, but the service is exceptional! Not many places where the manager will take time from his day to sit down and talk to his customers making sure you're having a great time. Then to top it off, send over a surprise desert for my brothers birthday. This is how you keep customers!Special Features:
- Great FoodLuvryeDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time at Smitty's and on both occasions it was a wonderful experience. Great food- especially the fish. There aren't too many places that serve sand dabs and Smitty's serves them to perfection. And the bartenders really know their stuff. Cocktails are perfect and there is a high quality selection of good whiskey- especially Rye Whiskey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific spot!PianomanDined on 8/22/2014My wife booked a table for us and two friends for last Friday night. They seated us right away when we arrived, and the evening was perfect, right down to the handwritten note already at our table with my name on it, with good birthday wishes. The place is great. The ambience is perfect.. Busy but not too loud. They have everything in the menu that we like, and the servers are always quick, polite and knowledgable. We look forward to going there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodToniDined on 8/21/2014I love dropping into Smitty's for lunch. It's down the street from my office and the food is great. It's a wonderful place to take clients. I love it because of the traditional steak house menu. And, the chicken pot pie is incredible! I have sat at the bar with friends and enjoyed their wonderful cocktails. Overall, it's a neighborhood gem and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul Our Food ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014I lunched there with a client on past Tuesday. Paul had his A game working giving us a lovely service experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Second to NoneVinoForTwoPleaseVIPDined on 8/17/2014Smitty's is about comfort food at a gourmet level, it's about service with a friendly professional approach, but it's really about the experience of Smitty's. The great buzz at the bar, those amazing 'just made' potato chip, a well crafted cocktail or a glass of wine from their wonderful wine cellar. Always fun, always a special occasion and a staff that works hard to create an Experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againPasoEdDined on 8/16/2014This was our 3rd trip to Smitty's and we've had excellent food and service each time. Love their down home menu and great variety of items. There is always something for everyone. Cocktails are prepared perfectly and the dinner specials are interesting and well worth trying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Great to celebrate a birthday. Card and flowers were on the table when we arrived. FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib in PasadenaPasaFoodie25Dined on 8/12/2014I frequently search for a really good Prime Rib, and I have tried lots of restaurants in Pasadena. So far, Smitty's wins hands down. The Prime Rib was perfectly cooked and had amazing flavor. This would not be the place to go for a romantic dinner. I found it loud enough that I had to repeat myself several times for my friend to here me. However, it has a great vibe. It would be a great place to go with a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 10 on Sunday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014We had dinner for 10 on a Sunday night. I waited at the bar for the rest of my group to come. They were very very nice and welcoming. The food was very good. Our head waiter was excellent. The room was too cool for most of us, but then we didn't tell them. I'm sure they would have moved the temperature up. My bar wine was very good. Salmon and creme brulee were superb. Chocolate cake-ok. Ice cream very good. Excellent bread. The chicken was an enormous serving and extremely tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.