110 South Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.smittysgrill.com/
- Phone: (626) 792-9999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Mon-Fri 11:30-2:30pm, Dinner Mon-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm, Fri/Sat 5:30pm-10:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: For catering information please contact the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Smitty's is the perfect place for any celebration or event, be it a birthday, anniversary, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, holiday, wrap party, awards show reception, charity reception or corporate meeting.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Cisar 8774469541
A word from Smitty's Grill
The Smith Brothers bring you American comfort food at its best. Our menu features iron skillet cornbread, homemade chicken pot pie, BBQ baby back ribs, and more. Smitty's has always been defined by comfort, from the cozy booths and inviting bar, to the helpful staff who welcome each of our guests home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Smitty's Grill - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Smitty's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (94)special occasion (75)good for groups (54)great for lunch (54)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (38)great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (37)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Smitty's is easy! Service is superb.VinoForTwoPleaseVIPDined on 11/24/2014Smitty's service is a culture. Friendly, knowledge and impeccable timing. Consistently a cut above most other high end restaurants, without the ridiculous high end prices or snobbery. Food's superb, and the ambience is something very special. Traditional but never old or stuffy. Vibrant classy place, with both feet on the ground.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent atmosphere and wonderful, fresh food.LocalLunchfor2Dined on 11/18/2014A great representation of Old Pasadena style. It is a wonderful place for lunch with the girls or a client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceDiningJunkieVIPDined on 11/17/2014We had an exceptional experience this trip. The service was perfect, and the recommendations were right on. By far our favorite Smith restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice!TysonWDined on 11/10/2014A friend recommended this place. It was fantastic! Great food, excellent presentation, service and ambiance very good. We sat outside back patio next to the fireplace. It was so worth the money.Special Features:
- Divine SpecialAboutTown1Dined on 11/9/2014Ordered the special of the evening, a flat iron steak grilled with a blue cheese sause and it was divine. Only negative was that I requested a booth in my reservation and they did not have one availbale but there was a booth open the entire time we were there. Must ohave been a no show--grrrSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T SIT NEAR THE BARJavyDined on 11/7/2014We love the other Smith Brother's restaurants, so we thought we'd give this one a try. We were a little late for our reservation due to an accident on the freeway, however they seated us right away. Unfortunately, we were seated right next to the bar which also seems to be a major thoroughfare for all the servers. To say it was loud, would be an understatement. I thought we were at a Chili's or something similar. My wife and I had to lean over the table and raise our voices to be heard. The food was good, but nothing earth shattering for the prices. Recommend either one of the raised booth's or outside by the fireplace. THAT would be very romantic.Special Features:
- Lunch with Dr. Bill OpelPrestonDined on 11/4/2014The food was great (chicken caesar salad) and our server was on his job. He didn't miss a beat!!Special Features:
- Exceptional Dinner at SmittysBarbaraGDined on 11/2/2014This was the perfect choice for dinner. In our party of 4-all of us really enjoyed our meal choices. The salmon (2), chicken pot pie, and the Seafood Stew were all delicious. The cornbread is a must. The glass of wine ordered was an excellent pour more like 2 glasses for the price of one. The pumpkin cheesecake for dessert was amazing. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 2 year anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014My wife and I have been loyal customers for years now for two things, their impeccable service and their consistent high standards for their menu. My personal favorite is the Chicken Pot Pie with double crust. I've had several waiters and waitresses surprised that I order it that way. But when they tried it, they all have agreed its the way to go. After coming here for over 5 years, I would not change a thing about the restaurant. Their apps are small portions, but excellent. The ahi tuna or the crab cakes are my usual choices. To top it off, they even wrote a nice thank you letter at our table for spending our anniversary with them. This is what other restaurants should aspire to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FrienddrbradpsydDined on 10/25/2014I think of Smitty's like a good and dependable neighborhood friend- My wife and I have enjoyed a dozen good to great dinners here through the past decade- feels like home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food with sophistication.luv2eatDined on 10/25/2014I went to Smitty's Restaurant to celebrate a friend's 65th birthday. It was an excellent experience with delicious food, great service and lovely ambience. Upon arrival, the hostess wished my friend a happy burthday. There was a birthday card and flowers waiting for her at the table. We ordered the always, delicious cornbread. My friend ordered the shark steak special. She really liked it. I ordered the pork chop. Not only was it delicious, but they served Two dinner sized chops. Enough for a second meal to take home with me. And for a lovely additional touch, they served a complementary chocolate brownie ice cream Sunday with a candle on top for the birthday girl. This is an upscale, yet comfy restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerFatherVIPDined on 10/24/2014We have been to this restaurant four times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- BlessedDined on 10/24/2014The occasion was a company dinner for an employees 10th anniversary. All in all a great evening, but too loud near bar, we had to yell across the table. Wish we had chosen outdoor patio. But food and service good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014We went here on a Sunday night and brought 2 kids and 2 grandparents. Our waiter was so considerate with all the special needs brought on by little ones and older ones - I was very impressed! Will definitely come again!Special Features:
- We Love Smitty's!NinoRonDined on 10/18/2014What a fun evening! Sat at the bar for a few minutes so we could enjoy the homemade potato chips before heading to our table. There was a birthday card and some orchids waiting at the table for my wife, Lori. Nice touch! Cheddar Bean Dip and Prime Rib French Dip sandwiches were delicious as was the Brownie Ice Cream Sundae birthday desert. Thanks, OpenTable and Smitty's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foreveryoungVIPDined on 10/16/2014Everything was good and went smoothly except the waitress forgot one of the side dishes which arrived just as we were finishing our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionSandyDined on 10/13/2014I informed the restaurant via the OpenTable website that our dinner was a special occasion (parents' wedding anniversary) and the restaurant had some lovely orchids and a card waiting on the table when we were seated! Beautiful touch! The food was yummy (ordered the chicken pot pie, burger, prime rib, ribs and meatloaf) and the service was excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectFantasticaDined on 10/12/2014There are restaurants in the LA area where you can always guarantee an out of town guest or a special occasion will have exceptional service and terrific food. Smitty's tops that list. A real Pasadena neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Not for the hearing imparedCujo21Dined on 10/10/2014Great service, great food but the noise level is close to Fed Ex Field levels - and nowhere expect the patios (front and rear) to avoid it.Special Features:
- JapaneseLadyDined on 10/8/2014Great ambiance, chicken piccatta was just okay, and service was slow. However, I've been to Smitty's Grill several times before and the experience was much better, so consider this an off-night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Delicious American favorites in a nice setting...a bit too loud, though. Could use some noise softening/absorbing finishes, possibly on the ceiling.Special Features:
- nice to grab a bitechampDined on 9/30/2014This place has a great bar, i have noticed a lot of people just go and sit at the bar and read. barkeeps are helpful and nice. Had to stand at the main desk last time for several minutes, the person and a server were talking in in the back. The menu is limited but the food is great. The staff here are somewhat attentive, but never what i would call warm. In the main dinning area the noise level is a problem, its too loud to cary on a conversation. Sit at the bar in front of the kitchen, and watch the food being prepared. The tables in the back rooms are better for noise level and there are a few outside tables in the front, that appear forgotten by the servers at times and wonderful tables in the back outside. parking is great .Special Features:
- Book Now, Enjoy Later27altoidsDined on 9/29/2014Smitty's has a lot of facets to its operations: a bustling bar, spacious dining rooms doing big business on the weekends, a private dining room for events that was hopping and a couple of patios (front and back) that make you feel like you're in another part of the world (in a good way, not in a third-world country way). Chris, our server, was grand at fielding the requests of the six of us one Saturday night. Everything was tasty, save for the cheese bread, so skip that appetizer if you can. No after dinner drink menu (think scotches) but Chris had the bar down and was quick to answer any and all questions. A manager came by to make sure all was well, too, and that always goes a long way in my book. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodBonmot23Dined on 9/28/2014We have eaten at Smitty's a number of times over the years, but it had been a while. We were pleasantly surprised this time to find that the food was definitely up a notch. Every dish the three of is had was excellent. There were also quite a few people there for a Sunday night, and we could understand why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but not quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Everything makes Smitty's a great place. Setting, service, selection and quality of food. But it is not a place for a quiet, conversational meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMartyDined on 9/27/2014We have been a few times and have always been pleased. The menu, a little different then most, as many items are throwbacks to what we had when we were growing up. Food is very good. Good selections. Almost everyone would like it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereRegularVIPDined on 9/26/2014We haven't been to many Pasadena restaurants so picking Smitty's was a shot in the dark by referencing Open Table reviews. We were very happy with both the good quality and service. Prices were also a little more reasonable than say a Morton's type restaurant. Not that they have anything away..:). Baltimore crab cakes were 11 out of 10. Shrimp and calamari were awesome. My filet was cooked perfectly, my wife's fish was excellent and our guest's prime rib was perfect. We had the hot fudge sundae for dessert. It was actually a cold fudge sundae buy we still liked it. Time to get on the scale..again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biz MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Smitty's was the Ideal location for my business meeting! We received great service, amazing food and nice friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmittyPJMcVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food was excellent as well as the service. It's our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Our FavoriteCameronsDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have been coming to Smitty's for a few years now. Each and every time we come, they never let us down. The service from Briana, Matthew and Jessica were top notch. We try to come here as often as we can for their Famous Chicken Pot Pie and wonderful wine selections. We are looking forward to dining again soon.Special Features:
- excellent overall experience.sflivetoeatDined on 9/13/2014fast friendly and experienced professional staff. One of the best martinis served in a long time. Definitely a place to share and take guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014Food and service very good. Service at the end could have been better - never asked or offered a dessert menu.Special Features:
- American home like foodMartyDined on 9/5/2014A lot of the foods that many of us have had at home, are offered here and the food is very good.Special Features:
- Great Pasadena RestaurantPattyDined on 9/5/2014If you are looking to take a friend, client or someone special in your life to a wonderful lunch or dinner this is the place to go! Classic and classy says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJMcVIPDined on 9/4/2014One of my favorites!!! we go there often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Business meeting settingPCH168Dined on 9/2/2014I come here for business meetings & used to come here alot. They're usually pretty accommodating when it comes to needing special seating. They have a nice wine selection as well. We had cocktails & opened a bottle of red. It was a bit too much, but worth it. I always like hearing about the specials of the day...and 75% of the time, end up ordering from it.
- Great MenuPickyeater1VIPDined on 9/1/2014I do like a great restaurant that has a variety of selections and Smitty's absolutely meets that requirement. I originally went there craving seafood but I decided to try the Chicken Pot Pie (a great comfort food). Surprisingly, that is one menu item that can be really great or really terrible. Smitty's was delicious and aesthetically pleasing to look at as well! A nice spin on an old favorite. Lots of flavorful chicken (not bits... CHUNKS!). Same goes for the Chicken Cesar Salad which was purchased by another party at our table. The only downside was some really annoying music that was piped out on to the patio where we were seated. I needed earplugs at one point.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Exceptional service. I didn't notice that the date of my Open Table dinner reservation had changed when I moved up our reservation time. Maitre d' was exceptionally courteous and accommodating. We were shown to a table. While we were ordering drinks, she cleared up my online reservation and took care of our birthday celebration. Waiter was excellent. Calamari special was flavorful and SO tender. However, Herb chicken was little dry for hubby. Be aware, lighting is pretty dim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable and goodhatboxVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went last minute after a movie for a light (salad) supper and glass of wine. Everything was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Seemed to have a new server who didn't pay much attention to us. Large party near-by was quite loud. Food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.